Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I finally started an MTGO account, handle is Maxxyne. Please throw me any old cards you no longer wish to have so I can make dumb decks. Can provide cat pictures in return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Hey.

Hey.

What kind of dragon makes the best gravy?

Au-jus-tai.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

If anyone in the Maryland area has nothing to do tonight, come out to Chesapeake Sports Cards for a $10 Tiny Leaders tournament! Top 4 pays out in store credit. Starts at 6:30 every Thursday.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Goblin Bangchuckers
Flickerwisp
Sharding Sphinx

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Four Score posted:

EOT snagging a Naya Zoo player's creature they bolted themselves to play and then turn 2 Chalice on 1 :feelsgood:
I had this happen to me on Wednesday. Feels bad, man. :negative:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

End of Life Guy posted:

If it's a legitimate rape, the DCI has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

:master:

Goddamn. This thread is awful.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

sarmhan posted:

For whomever was curious about Hoogland's U/W thopter control
http://www.starcitygames.com/events/coverage/uw_control_with_jeff_hoogland.html

This looks goddamn hilarious, and if I didn't hate playing control so much I would build this in a heartbeat.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

What about Zurgo Tinypants? R for his CC, 1R for dash if that strikes your fancy, 2/2 body.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

qbert posted:

He's already a 3-of in these decks.

:v: Reading is for dummies.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

mcmagic posted:

We're staying in college park MD and we have a car.
Chesapeake Sports Cards in Crofton is a super casual, low-key shop for FNM if you're looking for a chill night of standard. Starts at 6:30 if you're interested.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I'm playing a slightly revised version of this for my LGS's Sunday Game Day. Missing some of the Theros cards so I improvised with a single Chandra's Ignition, a Deflecting Palm, one Kolaghan, Storm's Fury, Cuts instead of Downfalls, Seismic Rupture in the side. Just won round 1 against GB Elves with Soufire Grandmaster + Seeker of the Way + Chandra's Ignition on Soulfire. Burn for 8, gain 8, swing 5. It was gross and beautiful.

Night Danger Moose fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 9, 2015

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

:stonk: What the hell is wrong with people. That is a statement, not a question.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

dragon enthusiast posted:

LOS ANGELES – August 25, 2015 – D3 Go! and Wizards of the Coast have partnered to create Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest, a mobile game that blends the hypnotic match-3 puzzle elements of the popular Puzzle Quest franchise with the strategic gameplay and expansive lore of the groundbreaking Magic: The Gathering trading card game (TCG). Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest will be available to download for free on the App Store, Google Play and the Amazon Appstore this fall. Fans will have a chance to be among the first to play Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest in the Annex at PAX Prime 2015 in Seattle on August 28-31.

Yesss more bored at work phone games.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Gideon, Ally of Zendikar 3WW
4 Loyalty
+1: Target discard gains mointainspalk and tromple until end of turn.
0: Name a card.
-X Return an exiled creature with converted mana cost X or less to each opponent who can't gain life equal to its power to target creature or player.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Roil Spout is weirdly similar to Aethersnipe in terms of stats/cost (although it's griptide instead of Disperse).
I've been reading this card as Roil Sprout since it was revealed. Finally saw it is Spout. Makes more sense now!

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Source?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Elyv posted:

from mtgs/ http://www.iplaymtg.com/thread-182093-1-1.html

Prism Array
4U
Enchantment
Converge — Prism Array enters the battlfield with a charge counter on it for each color spent to cast it.

Remove a charge counter from Prism Array: Tap target creature.

WUBRG: Scry 3.
Fist of Suns reprint confirmed.

Edit: lol that's for casting only. Wow this card is bad.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Tailfnz posted:

Lantern is hideously unfun to play against. My problem with it is that it's not really a Control deck, it's a Prison deck. Traditional Control decks by their very nature are interactive, and need to be in order to control the game state before landing a win condition. Lantern's problem, like other Prison decks, is that it's sole purpose is to prevent any interaction at any cost, and for the most part it's "win condition" is to simply wait for it's opponent to run out of patience or willingness to play rather than actually try to win the game. Not that the deck doesn't have its weaknesses, either, but most decks aren't going to have a lot of main deck answers to Ensnaring Bridge, save for anything that plays Kolaghan's Command or Abrupt Decay. Say what you will about the other "unfun" decks of the format (Twin, Bloom Titan, etc.), but at least those decks will just loving kill me, end the game, and move on to the next so that we can play some Magic, rather than sitting around going to time, and waiting for me to give up.
Would like to empty quote this. I've played against it a grand total of 2 games (one casual match) and I can honestly say I would rather watch paint dry or go to the dentist. It's boring, it takes a long time, and I can't personally understand how someone could enjoy playing it.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

This is actually really depressing. I made a lot of friends on that forum, years before faceblr and twittagram existed. Hell, I even got to drive from Vancouver to Indy with two of the mods for GenCon 2004. Nothing like someone singing Veggie Tales songs to you at 6 am in the middle of buttfuck nowhere, Montana.

Untapping teh pImp since 2003. :rip:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Yawgmoth posted:

Same here. I actually met my ex-fiancee on there, made a bunch of friends (that I drifted away from too, sadly), and went the Gencon with a bunch of mods.
Yeah, that's me. Just changed my old-rear end username here. Hi. Thanks for the account.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

noirstronaut posted:

Are any of you in MD?

Annapolis here, with my LGS in Crofton. Probably gonna be going to Third Eye's gaming shop once it's open.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Anyone else getting in on a midnight prerelease tonight?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Zulaport Cutthroat for 2HG MVP. Drained 16 life in one turn for the win when we were dead on board. Close rear end game.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I might have gone 2-1 in draft tonight, but I think I was the real winner of FNM. :smug:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

After watching this for two hours standard looks like the same boring poo poo
Yup, RG landfall and 5 color Eldrazi are definitely what we're used to.

Seriously, this is literally the first event after both a) the release of a new set, and b) the rotation out of both and whole block and a core set. Everyone is testing the waters.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

I saw that deck once. This is like the 4th or 5th Abzan or GW deck on stream

I only saw parts of the first two rounds and a bit of the third. It also had eight rhino 5 color Bring to Light which looked pretty neat.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Reprint Blood Moon and Wasteland and Rishadan Port (creative: have Gideon declare some new settlement Rishada) and make mana as contentious as it is in Legacy.

Swiftspear will be the best creature because you can play it on T1, before your mana goes away forever.
If all your ports and wastes get blood mooned, you can still play all your swiftspears! :v:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Same pack. Feels bad, man.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

rabidsquid posted:

The real solution to beating all of these manabases is the imminent return of COSIS TRICKSTER :ssj:

Cosi's Trickster reprinted in Oath, Bant Hardened Scales wins the Pro Tour, Rhino falls by the wayside... I could dig it.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

unlimited shrimp posted:

i am the very model of a modern magic planeswalker
i've mana curved an ornithopter, snapcaster, and tasigur,
i know the grand prix winners and i quote the decks historical
from aggro loam to grixis twin, in order categorical;

Sigma-X posted:

In legacy it's well known that on Cephalids I'm breakfasting
and way back back in days of yore I've been known to mise some tings
My vintage deck is full of serums to help me with my mulligans
And I understand the reasoning of the land placement of Mr. Sullivan
This is amazing and made my day 264% better. Someone record this poo poo stat. :allears:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Note to self: never, ever attack with a Hangarback Walker. Oyyy. Pitched a round hard because of it.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Killing someone in draft from 20 to 0 just off of Kalastria Healer and Zulaport Cutthroat is magical. Pulled 2 Retreat to Emeria, 2 Healer, vigilance guy, tap guy, Tajuru Warcaller. Grabbed a p1p1 Lantern Scout and forced allies from there.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Boco_T posted:

if you guys think 8 Rhinos is a fun deck, why not try playing 34 RHINOS~! on Game Day

Tested this tonight. It's as stupidly fun as it sounds. I'm really tempted to bring this to fnm this week.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Ramos posted:

Fuckin' lol. I bet every single land was a full art land too.
That is goddamn hilarious and I will not hear anything otherwise.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

My LGS usually runs both Saturday and Sunday game days, but canceled Sunday due to lack of interest. Where's the best place in Maryland to go for it Sunday?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

8 people for game day today. 1 and done after round one. Hopefully some of you goons are doing better than me.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

That feeling when you drive 35 minutes to get your Game Day on and the shop is closed. I just wanna jam some standard. :negative:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

At my third shop of the day. If their 5:30pm game day doesn't fire, I'm picking up alcohol on the way home. Ice gone through too much gas trying to play standard today.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Junk in the Trunk is apparently a viable modern deck. This deck makes me so happy. I think I spent a good 10 minutes laughing when I saw it. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

That sure is a thing to put in my Alesha deck.

• Locked thread