Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
MEGA HYPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am so glad that they captured the proper spirit of the series

Irrationally happy about a well done adaptation

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's viggynash being a weirdo again, nothing to get alarmed about

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Chas McGill posted:

Yeah, I've read and reread the manga and the transition from cute high school romance to a murder mystery always gets me.

Dude spoilers

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She is a protagonist in a shojo series that is like 95% fluffy bunnies, flowers, and sparkles, you're asking a bit much for her not to have a Standard Squeaky Shojo Voice

especially for someone so tiny, she's SO TINY

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Spoilers for next episode
: the misunderstandings were supposed to end this episode but it got padded out

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Takeo turning into a Titan was not the twist I was expecting from this series. The anime version really is taking liberties, isn't it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sakurazuka posted:

lol There's gonna be a My Love Story live action movie.

This isn't even news. Every anime, particularly normal world stuff requiring few special effects, gets a live action adaptation

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Top shelf adaptation so far, hell yeah

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Reminder you are responding to Conan The 3rd. Seeing "problematic" things in completely harmless series for all ages is his forte

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They are such lovable goofballs. It's amazing. :allears:

Rarely does a show literally make me go :allears: irl, but this show definitely does

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ViggyNash posted:

I'm loving the fact that Take and Yamato are equally autistic weirdos and that the only reason they don't break up over silly misunderstandings is that Suna is a world class bro

Also that training montage :allears:

Perhaps it is you, who are autistic

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Devil Tesla posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you people?
It's difficult for people to accept this series is all about diffusing otherwise standard ~dramatic shojo~ tropes. I can't blame them at all considering how prevalent that bullshit is

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah this episode was super duper good, a real emotional rollercoaster

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

alcharagia posted:

HOLY poo poo THE FISTBUMP
Yeah. Someone gif that poo poo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Needs subs saying "Dude, stop staring"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Suna sitting bolt upright when Takeo asked for a favor as a callback to a previous gag was magnificently done and surprisingly subtle for anime all things considered

And then Takeo's mom breaking out the fancy teacups he's never seen before when meeting his girlfriend for the first time, that's totally 100% a mom thing to do, mine did that with my first girlfriend and my reaction was almost exactly Takeo's :v:

All in all a top-shelf episode

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And I will say again, people think that because so many poo poo shoujo pull that garbage for cheap drama

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Went to the wiki and just seeing "character status: alive" made me worry.
I think a lot of wikis have that by default, I know I've seen that on other series' wikis.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The animation in this episode was largely garbage, it was super jarring and noticeable when normally their shortcuts were pretty well hidden before. Hopefully that doesn't continue.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So where are we in relation to the nanga? If someone's up to date with the manga, can you say whether saijou is gone for good or continues to make appearances?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fangz posted:

I liked that they sang Happy Birthday, given the recent news.

What, did the happy birthday people finally lose their lich-like deathgrip on the rights to that song

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

These are perfect and fit so well

My Love Story transcends gender

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I only made it 9 episodes into Chihayafuru but this has been outstanding basically nonstop so I am going to say MLS! is the best show by this team

It's so fuckin' good, they adapted it perfectly if not improved it over the original!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MattTheDoctor posted:

This episode was the best but the highlight for me had to have been Saijou showing up again. That was just the cap for me, I was so happy.

She showed up and then any hopes of her getting with Suna were dashed by glasses girl :argh:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm not a fan of stalker-ey characters so I'm not a fan of Yukika. Suna x Saijou all the way. :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She had potential!

She coulda been a contenda!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Allarion posted:

The nice thing about Saijou was that she wasn't enamored with Suna so they could actually talk to each other.

Exactly

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I had to pause at that moment, too good

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So creepy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

gmq posted:

I liked the episode, it was "realistic" in a way. Not because you like someone they'll like you back. Unless you're in a traditional shoujo anime where you won't know their answer for 26 episodes.
Yeah.

I think in Suna's case he appreciated what a nice girl she was, but was probably put off by how much she put him on a pedestal. Like, major religious figures aren't idolized as much as she did him. Her giving up immediately when she sensed he didn't feel the same at that moment was probably off-putting too. Like you went on one date, and barely talked. Keep at it and maybe it'll work out, chickening out immediately shows a lack of confidence that's super unflattering. This setting aside the whole stalking thing, too.

I don't expect a shojo to go into stuff like that but it was handled pretty well imo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am part of the "always watches the OP of My Love Story" crew

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wow they did a real good job of giving that dude some character development before he poo poo any goodwill down his leg, context lets folks not completely hate him

or at least while hating him, understanding that he's a delusional weirdo who will hopefully get a wake-up call and everything will be hunky-dory for the finale

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

:hfive:

Also always watch the ED too, it's not as good as the OP but it's still pretty great.

It's ok but I stopped after about 3 times

The one bit of mocap in it at the end really throws me off too

I really liked that the weird rabbit cell phone strap started singing along to the ED song though in the next episode preview

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

yessss

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Darth Walrus posted:

Even the train groper turned his life around. :3:
So that's who that was. Perfect.

What a good episode. What a good series. What a good feeling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hear BD sales were really poor, meaning a followup season seems unlikely. And also proving that otaku are the worst with poo poo taste, as usual

• Locked thread