Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
Wanted to get some color scheme advice from you guys. I've been working on some Aberrants from the Deathwatch : Overkill boxed set and having trouble coming up with a color scheme for them (and by extension my GSC army). Pictures below for reference

My gut says a cool purple for the tabards/cloth , black for any leather bits and maybe yellow or bright blue for squad markings. I was also interested in this color scheme from the GSC book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

ijyt posted:

With the orangey red arm you've got going on I'd personally go for a turquoise or sea blue for the tabard, and grey/beige for the suits.

YOU WERE RIGHT!!! In all seriousness I did not expect to like this as much as I do.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Just thought I'd post some WIPs of some Custodes I have been working on this week. It's been nice to actually paint again after being sick for two weeks and being up to my eyeballs in school work.

Ps. Lightning effects are rad ! :science:

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Been in a bit of painting funk recently , but I got back in the swing with Infinity miniatures. They were quite a fun little departure from my usual 40k dominated painting sessions. Here are the pics and as always any constructive criticism is welcome.

FYI I've already fixed the chipped areas in the photographs below.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

X post from the 30k thread

The Sisko posted:

:frogsiren: Warning! lovely cell phone pictures incoming:frogsiren: :

AWWWUUUUUUUUU!!!

:toxx:

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Zuul the Cat posted:

Every time I look at this post I find something else that's really well done. The Skin tones, the hair, the armor.

You did an amazing job! Do you have full army shots in the 30k thread?

Believe or not you're looking at what I have for my 30k Space Wolves. He's the model that made me want to start another 30k army (my other army being 30k Word Bearers). I'm a weirdo in that I love doing my leaders and heroes first and infantry last.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

X-post from the 40k thread

The Sisko posted:

While not quite done just yet, these bad boys are are table top ready stage for me. Now that admech is much simplified I look forward to playing and not going cross eyed.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Zuul the Cat posted:

This is a really rad paint job! What forgeworld are they?

JcDent posted:

Really friggin cool

Thanks for the kind words. My Admech are Forge World Metalica with a few tweaks here and there.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

X-Post in da houuuse!

The Sisko posted:

Ask and ye shall receive!
:unsmigghh:

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

X-Post

The Sisko posted:

:siren: Cawl in dah houuuuuussse!!! :siren:

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Anyone have good recommendations on a nice metallic gold airbrush paint?

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

X post from the Hams for Hunger thread

The Sisko posted:

I did a thing

Here are some better pictures:

This is the first mini in a long time I'm genuinely proud of how it came out.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's a nice one. What mini is that?

Its a mini from The Godsworn Hunt warband in Warhammer Underworld. I was drawn to them because they're all very Conan the Barbarian-esque (there's also a doggo that I'm looking forward to painting).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Furism posted:

Can I ask what tones you used for the skin? I'm trying to gather techniques on how to paint non-Caucasian skin-tones and I really like that one. Fitting with the Samoa time-zone ;)

It’s a very simple recipe. I used an airbrush for the first two steps but this can easily work with a brush.

1) Basecoat Rhinox Hide
2) Layer Doombull Brown
2) Edge highlight with Tuskgor Fur

I also painted a heckin good boi :

The Sisko fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 9, 2020