Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Just reposting old poo poo? Don't mind if I do!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

loving forgeworld. That fucker would not straighten out no matter how much boiling water I put it in. Overpriced garbage.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

berzerkmonkey posted:

What is your DKoK blue recipe? I was trying for this color on my Epic DKoK, but wound up with more of a denim color. It doesn't look terrible, but I'm not 100% satisfied with it.

Hmm. It's been a while since I painted them, but I think it was Vallejo Model Color Pastel Blue (901) and French Mirage Blue (900) in a 50/50 mix. To shade with, I just used a thin layer of Nuln oil, and then edge highlight with base colour and then pure Pastel Blue if needed.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

big_g posted:

Awesome plane stuff

I want to mash some sort of like button 1000 times for this. Also I made some kind of weird sex noise when I opened the page and saw your post.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Painted a small guy today. Probably my best work in 15mm yet, but unfortunately I didn't succeed in taking the best pics of him. I need better lighting.

God the new FoW plastic infantry is awesome.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Super Waffle posted:

I just don't understand these absurdly large models. Never mind the game implications, I'm talking as an engineer from the construction perspective. You can't really call that a miniature anymore. The thought of putting together something that big, out of resin, with superglue? It makes no sense. At that size you should be using screws, bolts, nuts, actual hardware. It should have a metal skeleton that resin puts are glued on to.

I...I just can't. I can't. :psyduck:

I don't think anyone expects it to hold together if you only use superglue. But yeah, it's dumb. All because GW nerds are scared out of their minds at the thought of using minis in other scales than 28mm

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
I'm getting married in a couple of months, and my fiancee suggested I could paint the caketoppers myself. Anyone happen to know about a cool set of bride and groom minis? Preferably 28mm. Googling is hard since the results are inundated with regular terrible plastic caketoppers.

Edit: could also be some sort of mounted medieval lady/princess, which I'm having a hell of a time finding.

Fish and Chimps fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 7, 2015

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Yeah thanks but apparently it's impossible to find a non-titty mini when you search for 28mm woman/lady/princess miniature.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

JerryLee posted:

Not sure what's a titty mini in your book. It might be hard to find one that doesn't look like a C+ cup but I found a few that don't seem to turn the exploitation up to 11.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/dress/latest/02582
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/dress/latest/02391
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/dress/latest/02793

None of those is a proper wedding dress but they might be close enough to work with.

Couldn't find a mounted princess type miniature by Reaper. There are a few nice female adventurers/fighters on horseback but I dunno if you want to theme your wedding that way :v:

Nice suggestions, thanks. Yeah I meant not showing boobs or rear end or whatever. Not quite what I was looking for though. Dark Sword minis have some GoT ones that look pretty cool: http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/shop/index.php/miniatures/george-r-r-martin-masterworks.html?p=1

We're not going for a theme or anything, so any model of a woman in a dress would probably fit. The important thing is that it's not overly sexualised and that it doesn't look terrible.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Good suggestions, thanks. I'll show them to the lady in question and see which ones she likes most.

Bucnasti posted:

28mm minis are probably going to be too small for cake toppers. Unless you're going to have a tiny cake.

I'll call it a vignette instead

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Every time you post i lose my goddamn mind.

Sweet plane bro

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Speckled Jim posted:

Im looking at painting some black power armour shortly and I seem to remember a sugestion for a black paint that wasnt super black. I only have Abaddon black at the moment and not being able to add shadows makes things look a bit lackluster. Something that you can still wash would be super.

My favourite is Vallejo Model Color's "German Grey". It has a tiny bit of blue tint to it, that makes it look like a really rich black when shaded with a black wash.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
crosspost from Historicals thread

Throbbing blob posted:

Hi! Have some terrible pictures of my BA MMG. I've painted 7 infantry too, but they aren't based yet so they'll come around soon.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

big_g posted:

I've been working on all the little detail parts of the LRDG 30-CWT I posted a while back and I thought I would do a rough dry fit tonight just to see how things are going on. Nothing here is glued or finialised. I'll attach everything last minute then do a matt varnish and final pigment weathering. I reckon I'm about 70% complete now.

Never stop posting! It looks soooo good.

Edit: will you actually do up some crew for them? I'd be interested to see how well you do people, considering how nice your machines look

Fish and Chimps fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jul 4, 2015

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Moola posted:

So I tried creating a homemade mud mixture instead of buying GW's pot'o mud (:siren: DO NOT GIVE GW MONEY! :siren:)

I mixed pva glue, flour and brown paint

Ended up looking more like a delecious chocolate brownie :chef:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vallejo-Mod...lejo+dark+earth

A bit expensive but it'll last a while

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

This is a good page, full of good poo poo.

Fish and Chimps fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jul 20, 2015

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Serotonin posted:

Finished other than the shield which I can't do because my wife's not around to cut the decal out. Oh and needs some flock

Not bad considering I guess. Had to rely on washes a lot more than usual though.

Keep at it. If this is your first attempt, you'll be just as good as before after a couple of weeks/months.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
I'm looking to base a shitload of these: http://store.warlordgames.com/products/volleyfire-lights/

What would people recommend I use to base them? I don't have anything that fits them right now, so I'll have to buy or make something. The one time I've tried plasticard, I messed up cutting it into shape and haven't really tried it since. Is there a trick to getting it cut properly, and to measurements, or do I just have to keep trying until I get it right?

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Throbbing blob posted:

Painted up an old GW ghoul to use as a thief. I have a Vampire Counts army for the late WFB, so I'm going to run an undead warband.

Crosspost from the Frostgrave thread. Still need to finish his base up with drybrushing and some snow effects, but I like the contrast between pink healthy-looking skin and the dark base right now.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

SRM posted:

It's weird to see a ghoul with healthy skin but it's a good looking mini regardless.

Yeah, I wanted to do something different, and I actually thought it would look more unnerving with pink human skin, and the twisted ghoul body. But I also thought: "Why wouldn't it look healthy? It'll get plenty to eat by following a vampire."

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Bistromatic posted:

cool-rear end micromachines

That's... that's just...

:awesome:

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

grassy gnoll posted:

Is there a specific thing wrong with VGC, or are they just not preferred? 'cause I just bought a shitload of them last week.

no they're cool and good

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

ijyt posted:

KR Multicase 4 ever.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

they fat

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Cross post from the grog thread:

secretly a baby posted:

Finished the AVRE for our Op. Martlet CoC campaign, which kicks off later in October. 15mm BF resin tank.

secretly a baby posted:

Beep beep motherfuckers

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

I just wanted to say I love your 15mm dudes.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
At some point I will run out of bases for my Napoleonics, and the manufacturer I've bought from has gone out of business. Anyone have a tip for where I can get 30 mm by 25 mm rectangular bases? They look like this:

Edit: sorry for the crotch photo :corrupt:

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
They look perfect. Too bad they're from Litko and I'm in the EU. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Indolent Bastard posted:

Find a local Makerspace with a laser cutter.

I don't know what a Makerspace is, but I'm gonna try one of my old Warhams buddies who did laser cut MDF bases and templates at one point.