Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

In true Wargaming fashion, the Novgorod will be the Tier IV.

It'll never happen, but I would pay a good five dollars for a tier 1 or 2 Novgorod. Nvm actually, I wouldn't want to deal with all the awful TOG jokes.

Kuntz fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
The St. Louis has really low dispersion on the guns too. You can just dunk on pubbies at the edge of your range like it ain't no thang.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
So this just happened. Not a premium account.

:snoop: :signings: :snoop:

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Oh god the gun layout on the Isokaze is so bad. :cripes: They should have just replaced 3 of them with more torpedo tubes.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

Nordick posted:

Also, I first read the name as HMS Inoperable, which probably would've been quite fitting, really.

I liked the sound of this and googled it, look what I found.

:c00l: http://rcnc.rcwarshipcombat.com/Portals/0/Users/Kotori87/Complete%20List%20of%20I-boats.txt :c00l:

HMS Inexplainable
HMS Insubmergible
HMS Irretrievable
HMS Inoxidizable
And my favourite: HMS Inextinguishable :supaburn:

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

I know these get posted every other page and this was a daily with premium, but still, drat. :eyepop: When it was down to just me well within spotting range of their two cruisers, I wasn't expecting to win but the Tenryu obligingly sailed in to my torps and I was able to finish off the Chikuma with gunfire. I couldn't have done it without our battleships actually pulling their weight, though.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
What level 2 skill have people been taking on their IJN cruiser captains? I'm thinking of either the fire prevention one or the long range artillery warning, the first two seem kinda marginal considering you get 203mm guns from tier 5 and on.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

grrarg posted:

Long range artillery warning is pretty useless. 6+ second flight times are either from a battleship sniping and hoping to get lucky or a cruiser that should be immediately obvious without wasting two skill points.

Aiming Expert cuts off a significant chunk of traversal time. Someone posted a chart in the thread a couple of days ago.

Fire prevention is also good.

Edit: Found the traversal chart. Furutaka and Myoko are 45 seconds base. Aoba, Ibuki, and Zao are 36 seconds. Mogami is 40s on 155mm and 30s on 203mm.

Thanks to everyone who pointed this out, but the chart is especially useful. Should probably go in the OP I think.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Also, is the Arkansas Beta dogshit or is it just me?

It is canine feces normally, yes, but if you are dumb enough to spend literally millions of credits upgrading it it's ok.

Still has literally no AA and sees tier 6 ships.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Test server trip report: it's terrible ok.

You get like a million billion credits, but no free XP and no more XP than normal from battles. At first I thought that was because new accounts don't have access to free XP, so I played a couple of matches to get to level 4, and nope, no free XP. Just the 3000 you get from unlocking account level 4.

You also get only 2500 gold, which is just enough to buy... the tier 3 Aurora. :shrek:

Edit: I just got a random cash injection of 2500 gold while just sitting in port looking at the tech tree, I'll keep leveling up and see what happens.

Edit2: Yeah you do actually get a (big) xp modifier based on tier. It just wasn't big enough to notice on tier 1 ships I guess.

Kuntz fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 14, 2015

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

grrarg posted:

Ah that's stupid. When they did the 0.4.0 test server, first win in a ship gave 45x xp and credits or something like that.

Okay, it seems like you get increased XP rewards as you go up in tiers. I just got 5000 XP out of a tier 2 defeat, and 23000 XP out of a tier 3 victory.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

cheese posted:

What a loving load of garbage. Why not just give us basically infinite gold, silver and free XP so we can test all the ships we want? Are they worried people will free XP the Yamato and go "meh" and stop playing?

I posted above that you do get a (big) modifier on xp earnings, based on tier, it just wasn't immediately obvious. It's probably better than just a free xp dump like in Tanks, anyway.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
What's the point of catapult fighters? They seem to be mostly a distraction to actual fighter squadrons, even with your AA helping them, and don't increase your firing range at all. Do they make torpedo bombers gently caress up their spread or something?

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
The Furutaka is set to receive a major buff in the next patch, you might want to stay away or only do dailys before that hits.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Any word on when gold and free xp integration with Tanks goes live? I'm not exactly over the moon about driving a stock Fuso, for example.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

The dispersion on the Tirpitz guns looks absolutely terrible in the Jingles video. Though to be fair, his gunnery is also terrible and he's not using the accuracy mod.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
My name starts with m and has an x in it. Only way it could be worse is if it started with a or e.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
These loving people. :shepicide:

That was an almost guaranteed 500 gold in the battleship contest.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
I literally can't access the PAX Marblehead topic on the forums to post my result. It just loads for a while and shows a blank page, with both FF and Chrome. All other threads open up fine. Is this just on my end or did the sheer volume of entries break WG's probably lovely forum software?

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

sdr782 posted:

It's not loading for me, hopefully it will be working later, still need 1 last E

To anyone else having this problem, this fixed it for me:

quote:

1) At the top of the page, under "Official North American Forums", click the little person, and then choose My Profile from the drop down.

2) On the next page, click Edit My Profile on the right side

3) Under the title My Settings, click the easy to miss Forums button

4) First drop-down list, Number of posts to show for each topic page, choose a manageable number (like 25)

5) Click Save Changes.

I set it to show 10 posts per page to be sure. That button really is ridiculously easy to miss.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Re: the Minekaze, they also nerfed the torpedo firing arc to be really annoying, while buffing gun traverse. It's not terrible but I have no intention of keeping mine anymore. :shobon:

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

This is what happens when the Murmansk gets absolutely perfect and frankly unfair matchmaking. :flame: Applies to the Kongo there as well.

Note that those are tier IVs on the enemy team, the icons are mirrored in the results screen.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
High Alert or Superintendent for US BBs? I'm thinking the former because one more repair party is only any good if you get to use it, which won't be every game, while getting damage control up faster is always helpful.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
The majority of the Nagato secondaries fire AP, which just seems like a bad idea all around. Or not? :confused:

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

Hazdoc posted:

Firing your guns adds 4km to your detection range

For how long exactly? It feels like a fairly long time. Also leads to annoying situations where you fire your guns from behind an island, pop out from behind said island a few seconds later and magically get spotted.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

Hazdoc posted:

You can also do the 5 guns facing directly forward (like the Murmansk), and also when retreating you'll have an angle to bring 5 guns to bear. The lesser range hurts the retreating tactic a little, but at least you always have 6 shells flying at your foe whether you be charging at them or pulling range.

Yeah, this is IMO the main selling point of the Omaha and its derivatives, and from what I've seen a complete mystery to pubbies. Unfortunately the sponsons on the Marblehead have a couple of degrees less traverse range than on the Omaha, meaning it's harder to fire directly forward. It's just two degrees, but the Omaha doesn't have that much leeway to begin with.

Of course, this is all assuming gamemodels3d.com is accurate on this.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Is the Mutsuki C hull a trap? Obviously it should only be used with the gun upgrade, but even then it seems like in most situations you'll only have 1 gun pointing at the target, as opposed to 2 or 3 on the B hull, negating the RoF advantage. The extra traverse speed doesn't seem that helpful either, I'd rather keep the two well placed turrets.

The C hull does have surprisingly good AA though, it should keep planes from loitering above you at least.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
The German tier 3 is literally worse than the tier 2, tier for tier and absolutely. The tier 4 is looking like a real piece of poo poo too, with by far the slowest top speed and shortest gun range in tier, with a whole 2 torpedoes per side.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Does the Nurnberg get the defensive fire consumable?

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
You can at least achieve a steady stream of damage with German 105mm HE, it's their AP that does nothing. Same story on the tier 4 despite getting 150mm guns, funnily enough.

Both guns are supposed to get buffed next patch.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
What is this swear filter nonsense and can it not be turned off? :fuckthis:

Also does the free day of premium mentioned in the patch notes start when you first log in after the patch, or did it start when the patch went live?

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

Never cared much for M tbh, I'm all about the D.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Free XP for unlocking modules. Maybe a port slot if you run out. Demounting to reuse equipment that cost 1 mil or more is also good, as is gold training a couple of new captains since it's only 25 gold for a decent head start.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
So are the chinese cartoon ships just identical re-skins of tech tree ships? What about the commander they come with, just untrained or?

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

quote:

Ishizuchi: Steering gear and magazine modules are now more protected from HE shell fragments. Moreover, the rate of fire for her main guns was improved from 30 seconds to 25 seconds

:eyepop: the zucchini got buffed? I would have preferred a range buff, but I wasn't expecting poo poo so yay I guess.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Some really bad opinions ITT about the Derzki. You guys are starting to sound like Jingles.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The 'Parking Pass' in the premium store isn't a bad deal. 10 port slots for $7.99. Sure, it works out to a cash sale for a little under 50% off, but it's still not bad.

Yeah but they can't even do an in-game port slot sale on their own anniversary. :cripes: Like all hell I'm giving Wargaming more money after buying some gold in anticipation of decent in-game deals. I'd probably only buy 3 or 4, anyway.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

Chucullinn posted:

Can we please euthanize terrible players or physically remove them from playing the loving game?

Prime example: https://na.warships.today/player/1002756745/BIGYELLOW

Has bought almost every premium ship, and proceeds to be the worst loving player in all of them. With an average damage of 5.5k

That's admittedly impressive. He demonstrably knows there's a tech tree since he has a Tenryu. He could be an rear end in a top hat with orders of magnitude more money than sense trying to grind/bot free experience for the Yamato but that doesn't explain 400 loving games in a Hermelin. I've got nothing.

Ps. the rabbit hole gets deeper if you click the oft-ignored PvE tab.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
The zucchini is definitely worth 1.2k dubs if you need a cheap Japanese captain trainer. Can also be fun at tier 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
If I buy a "Vive La France" crate from the Armory can I start collecting the items for that from regular containers, like the American Cruisers collection that is currently ongoing? I completely missed the original event but would really like that unique captain.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Collections suggests I can but doesn't explicitly say I can get items from no longer active collections via regular containers, not that I would blindly trust the wiki anyway.