Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Best thing to do on a bad losing streak is to put the game down for the day. Or play events or other non-competetive poo poo, the Raid for the Filth mode on now is a hoot. Pretty good rewards and mixing the PvE and PvP populations has had hilarious results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Has this game gotten too lovely even for goons or what? No new posts in almost two weeks.

I haven't played since last year but I'm sort of enticed by the 14-day free premium offer that expires soon. What about the captain skill rework thing though? Somebody upthread said skills were automatically assigned (what the gently caress) and the window for free respecs has closed. If true I may as well consider the game dead to me for now.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Tip for Brawl if anybody is still trying to complete it solo on the last day: Try DDs. I rotated Lightning & Cossack and was able to get my coal reasonably fast, and the general credits and xp rewards were very good for how the fast the matches are.

Hydro is kinda meta for Brawl IME and the low RN DD speed mostly doesn't factor in. DDs get a match usually instantly, while my Tirpitz I gave up on early, the queue times were horrible with everybody trying to cram their BB in.

Good luck if you're up against a divved up CV.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
The Schlieffen here is a particular highlight I feel:

Also, I knew the Supercontainer pool was diluted, but this is ridiculous:

I have hundreds of camo pieces better than that just from playing the game since launch, and some have thousands. I'd rather have the Juliet Charlies, at least that's 10 million credits.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
There really are some weird loving geezers in this game. I was playing my Kansas and near the end of the game this Shikishima died near to me and he immediately typed out "KANSAS COOP". Only Kansas in the match, never got in his way or anything like that, and we both got around 1500 base exp so a decent but unremarkable win for both, so I checked his stats after: 5000+ games in Co-op.

Also on the Kansas: gently caress this ship. I thought Brisk would be this One Weird Trick to make repositioning tolerable but in practice you are never unspotted long enough to accelerate to over 23kt. Fun skill on the Georgia though.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Yeah ranked is pretty bad right now. I had an all sub-48% team today, including a 37% CV. I checked. Didn't know that was possible actually, and I think his ranked WR was even lower.

Saved my star at least.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

OK so how do I actually play the Friedrich der Große?

Ignore the :goonsay: hyperbole, goons will find anything unplayable if they get it in their heads that it is. I've been playing it again in preparation for Preussen and it's fine.

It's a tankier Bismarck with punchier, 27mm overmatch capable guns. You'll want the secondaries to be reliable when you need them, but the main guns are where most of your power is. It literally has standard BB accuracy with 1.8 sigma, and playing all battleships is a per-salvo experience. That's just what you sign up for.

Secondary build except for main gun accuracy mod. Secondary and AA mounts are currently bugged (invulnerable) until the next patch, a fact nobody seems to be talking about, but that's even more reason to do secondary FdG.

You'll want a 17pt captain at least. Lütjens is optional. I don't remember if I free XP'd the modules, probably the hull?

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

Aramoro posted:

I escaped Bronze and let me tell you, Silver are even worse.

Shouldn't it be a bit better than Bronze early-mid season? Late season Silver is hell, yes.

Cancelbot posted:

I boughta Conde and I didn't get why people bought superships, until I switched to AP and shot at anything using burst fire that was 12km away or less, pure toxicity.

I am near permanently credits poor so I refuse to even be tempted by superships.

I wasn't last summer though, when I dropped 117M credits on 100k coal in the auction, and that was one the lowest winning bids IIRC.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
There really have been a lot of bad games lately. Is it just the summer holidays?

Just games where one side rolls over and... doesn't even die properly, really, the game ends on points before that. Including one side *running out* of points. :discourse:

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
So how long has an XVM mod been in the game? I'm not 100% sure what mod I installed to cause it, but player WR and PR are now shown on target markers.

I know matchmaking monitor and whatever tools have been around for years but I haven't know anything about a mod integrating it in the game client like XVM. XVM is one the reasons I ran away from Tanks so many years ago, gently caress.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
If anyone hasn't seen this yet, there's still a bunch of these bonus codes left:

https://www.mmobomb.com/giveaway/world-warships-pack-keys

If Existing Players:
⦁ 1 day of Premium Account
⦁ 3x CREDITS Container
⦁ 3x RESOURCES Container
⦁ 3x LUCKY Container

It's not that much, but there's no reason not to grab it.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
Any Brawl trip reports? I seem to have developed an allergy towards updating the client, but 12v12 T6 BB only Thunderdome does sound interesting.

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011
:siren: PSA: We are getting free Commander skill respecs next patch.

Of course, this could not be announced when Last Stand got fixed, or with the Gun Feeder changes, or when some other skill changes were announced in a dev blog, all within a few weeks ago. It had to be announced in a footnote in the latest Developer Bulletin, under submarine Early Access: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/bulletin-0119/

:thumbsup:

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The T7 is not amazing, but the T8, T9 and T10 are very good. Honestly I'd level the T7 in operations, it's very quick if you slap on a couple of XP bonus flags.

This is a bit late, but Rooke is trash in Operations. Uniquely among T7 BBs it has enormous 16mm extremities that get turbo farmed by the robotically accurate bots. Just play it in randoms and flank, it's fine. Good, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuntz
Feb 17, 2011

Perestroika posted:

Speaking of BBs, I've been making my way up the Italian line and they sure kinda seem to suck poo poo? Okay, they got extremely inaccurate guns that basically require you to get in quite close, you can work around that. But then the supposed upside to that, getting SAP, also feels like a downside. It's extremely finicky and rarely ever does better than AP even against cruisers, and the loss of HE really kinda stings. Last but not least their AP also seems to be pretty sub-par. So many times I got off a perfect broadside salvo only to get like 7k damage in total out of it (not least because most of the shells missed even at 10km distance), while the return salvo blasted me for like 25k.

Hmmm interesting points, but have you considered that they look gorgeous??