Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

So I have about 1200 doubloons from my few santa crates. Is there any better way to spend them than on a Konig Albert?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

All the posts lured me into buying another pair of 3-boxes. Flags and OS Camo, still no boats.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

I have enough free exp to get either the Bismarck or the North Carolina (i'm on both the Gboat and Colorado), am I correct in thinking I should go for the Bismarck? I like the get up close and personal style of the German BB's. Or is there another line that's fun to play that I should be going for that can be any ship type.

Free XP to the North Carolina. Bismark and NC are both some of the best ships in the game, but skipping the Colorado is a much better choice than skipping the Gneis.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Devorum posted:

Decided to try one last round of 10 Captain's presents:

Texas, Nikolai, and Blyskawica for ships.

50 Dragon flags.

60 XP camos

2K Doubloons.

All told, as far as ships go, I netted: Emden, Ishizuchi, Nikolai, Texas, Warspite, Atlanta, and Blyskawica.

:(

A pox on everyone who pulled ships from those boxes. On the bright side, this huge pile of New Years camos might make the Missouri attainable!

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Just finished the Graf Spee stuff, and it's a fun ship! It's a Kirov but MORE - more durability, more punchy guns, more torpedoes, and more useful consumables.

Including Repair Party. So when are the rest of the tech tree cruisers going to get Repair Party?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Another thing the Graf Spee is great at - stealing kills. 20 hits, 4 kill, including a First Blood and a Double Strike. Never load HE, just pen DDs bow to stern with your pinpoint 11inchers.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

11 games in the Graf Spee so far, and 9 wins, 1 loss, and 1 draw (final player on each side rammed each other). I don't want this magic to end.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

OSad posted:

I just realized that I'm the dumbest sailor on this side of the quadrant. I hadn't realized that the B hull for her - which I have not bought yet - knocks down her steering by another 5.1 seconds :negative:

In my defense, I went by the preview window that pops up after you click the module upgrade, and since it claimed to only add a mere three points of extra maneuverability to the ship's stat, I thought it was something inconsequential and put off on upgrading it since it does cost a heavy four million credits. Five seconds shaven off of your rudder shift should be represented as anything but only three points on a battleship, that is a massive loving upgrade when you stack SGM2 mod on top of it.

I hope you didn't skip the gun upgrade when you played the Clemson.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Aramoro posted:

For an Aoba is it worth going for Priority Target, Expert Marksman, Demolition Expert and IFHE for the first 10 points?

Priority Target is bad. Probably want Preventative Maintenance instead so that your fragile IJN ship bits don't break as often.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Stevefin posted:

I don't play on the best of net so the WASD hack can take 10 seconds or more too kick in, having both Superintendent and basics of survivability now on the high end is making it tricky cause they are must picks to wither through those seconds of sever thinking

I use High Alert on T2 to make up for the loss of BoS, since Superintendent is a must-have.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Astroniomix posted:

What percentage of ramming damage is repairable? Because the spee does get repair party. And he had almost half his health a few minutes later.

100%. Which makes it hilarious when a high tier RN cruiser is involved in a ramming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Colonial Air Force posted:

Is it worth it to transfer officers up if you're moving to higher tiers? Assuming I'm staying within the same class?

It depends on how many points they have. I usually toss them before T4 but carry them on afterwards.