Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

ok uh please gently caress off father gascoigne

Best first boss in any souls game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i don't think anything could make me hate bloodborne

It's still probably the best game I've ever played

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
There are guns and weapons that use more bullets so you might find yourself running out but have some extra blood vials or be near a crowd you can rally. I use it a lot later when it's easier to farm for items.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Benny D posted:

That feel when you're cruising along enjoying chalices and remember this is the one that ends with Rom 😳

I don't know this feel because I don't enjoy doing the chalices.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Even knowing where to jump I think I've died more falling down to the abandoned workshop than I have to any boss.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

theres a really easy way to do it. just fall off next to the rope near where you enter

I always forget to do it this way and then end up in a loop because my blood stain is on the lower level and I don't want to waste a Bold Hunter's Mark even though I know I'm going to die.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
You should finish anor londo every time

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

rediscover posted:

Hauntingly Beautiful Lake in Bloodborne

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
It does feel like there are a couple environments that originally had more going on that got cut back and now just exist as emptyish spaces. But I guess it helps it feel like an actual place in the world.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

rediscover posted:

it's easy to get pussy.

Tonight... Gerhman joins the hunt

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i wish u could get the rakuyo earlier becasue it's the coolest weapon :sigh:

I was so excited to get it but by then I was used to how fast the blades of mercy are and I couldn't really go back :(

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
The only downside to the whirligig is the sound gets annoying.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

In Training posted:

Can't believe bloodborne is already almost 2 years old and still Game of the Year. Incredible

I think about the game every day even if I don't play it.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I got this trophy over a year ago but today I got this email

check your email more dude

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Kos is punishing you for the Original Sin of the hunters and church

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Battling the enraged unborn fetus of a desecrated god on a crazy beach in a nightmare-hosted Hell for those responsible is insanely badass

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

It's so hosed up, because the snakes and stuff kind of feel like they don't belong in the game's vibe and then they walk around a corner and see one of those wierd little aliens toddling around things swerve so hard.

The game is so good

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Also it gets overlooked sometimes but this series has the best boss names

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Started a new game

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Started a new game

Abandoned it and instead started my ng+ on my blades of mercy and rayuko file. I'm gonna plat this game

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
It's fun to speedrun to valuable weapons and clothing and fight the first couple bosses and all of a sudden have access to hundreds of thousands of souls

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Echoes. Echoes.

It'll always be souls to me no matter what

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

In Training posted:

There's very few greater feelings than having played kos so many times that you can beat phase 1 without getting hit. Phase 2 is an eternal MFer for me though

Phase 1 feels like slow motion now because of this

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I wish they'd made more dlc but I guess it's also good to quit while you're ahead.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I started the chalices because I wanted to plat this as my first but they were really bad

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
And I didn't even get to the hard ones.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I might do my first whip run for the return to yharnham

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

There should have been a lot more variety in the chalice environments, imho. Spending hours wandering through cramped dungeons sounds bad to me compared to the insane settings and views of the main game

Either this or they should have just taken all the best parts and bosses from the chalices and made a new regular game area. They could've put the entrance in Ebreitas' cave or something and it would lead underground into a cool labyrinth city.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I like the idea of chalices but it really doesn't hold up compared to all the well-designed stuff outside. It's cool if you just want more game though I guess.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
It makes you appreciate how good these games are with encounter and level design

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I hope if they ever do make a sequel they can find some way to recreate the feeling you get when you figure out the real story isn't about werewolves

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
a souls-style game that takes place in the jungle

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Fungah! posted:

an armored core game tht runs on the souls engine and has very in-depth mech customization

This but it's Metal Wolf Chaos

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

extremebuff posted:

the dogs in the game are outrageous

The path to Hemwick is the hardest part of the game

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

you have to fight and kill everything

Absolutely this.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

bloodborne is the only From game in which i run past zero enemies

yeah the combat is so fast paced and good it feels really satisfying to bounce from one enemy to the next and slice em all up as fast as possible

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

folder posted:

Orphan of Kos......w o w

Maria is my favorite to play but Orphan is insanity when it comes to presentation and the story behind it

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Pretty sure if anyone here tries they can perfectly replicate the screaming in their head

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Bloodborne is still probably the best game ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Curse the fiends, their children too...
and their children forever true.