Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

If you buy this on steam does it give you a key to punch into ESO's website or does it actually register it through steam to that steam account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Obviously you can do whatever if you can make it work. I roll a hybrid DPS Sorcerer with good Crowd Control, and also ran a Healer Sorcerer a while back, both of which are very effective at what they were meant to do.

[*]Dark Magic is the control and self-buff tree for Sorcerers, allowing for knockdowns, roots and self-healing. The ultimate ability of Dark Magic is Negate Magic, which dispels enemy placed effects in an area while stunning and damaging monsters.

What kind of self-buffs? Can I be a plate-wearing, hammer-swinging Lizard Wizard that makes himself swole as gently caress?

What kind of goofy poo poo can I do in this game? I'm going to buy it tomorrow.

e: I am a big sucker and proponent for the TSW/GW2 style of b2p with optional Extra poo poo so I am super hype.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 16, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Thanks everyone who gave me input. This game suddenly sounds way more metal as gently caress.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

If you buy this on steam does it give you a key to punch into ESO's website or does it actually register it through steam to that steam account?

I found the answer to this online and it's nope. Guess it's $64 from GMG then! Was hoping to have a Filipino friend buy it for me.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Mormon Star Wars posted:

It gives you a key to punch into ESO's website.

Source: Me, in January, grabbing this for $20 during the sale and then applying the key to my beta account.

Huh, OK. I'll try it then. I searched a bunch and all I found was people super mad over steam keys. Maybe I misinterpreted it.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Mormon Star Wars posted:

It gives you a key to punch into ESO's website.

Source: Me, in January, grabbing this for $20 during the sale and then applying the key to my beta account.

Yep this worked perfectly fine. Now just waiting for the site to be off maintenance too. If anyone has SEA friends and wants the game cheap they pay half what US does!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

eSporks posted:

I plan on playing again and don't feel like re-rolling so I will stay DC.
Goons are the worst when it comes to picking a faction and sticking to it, faction based games are also stupid. This game is stupid.

I'll be on DC too since I have a few goon friends who still play on there actively. So you won't be completely alone!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

People that pre ordered the game can play any faction with any race but if I just bought the game I don't get to choose whatever race I want ? That kind of sucks, but whatever, should I roll on ebonheart for goon action?

The OP says that is a benefit of the deluxe edition for 20 bucks more.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I just bought one because I hate my $2 and I've used g2a before. Worked fine and it came in two minutes. Usual warnings for shady euro sellers apply still, of course.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

What kind of payment did you use? I mean I'm not too worried about this kind of thing but I'll use PayPal over visa if there's any risk.

I used paypal, though they tack on like a 40 cent fee or something if you do.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

@Tsurupettan needs an invite to everything!

It looks like guilds are tied to the account-level not the character?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

This game is cool as gently caress. I am completely and utterly lost and have no idea what's going on. I saved a king from being murdered, I found a tower full of bandits and killed them and stole their poo poo. I almost died to a Limbscather or something.

It's nice playing an MMO and being lost and confused for the first time in years and actually having to look around and pay attention.

I started on Daggerfall due to friends but I'll probably make a character on Ebonheart later too, since I want to try all the classes.

e: vvv I get that. I think you're misreading what I said.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 17, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

eSporks posted:

Stay daggerfall, its where the cool goons are.
One thing I do like about this game us that it doesn't have traditional quest hubs and chains. The quest branch out and force you to wander around in a sort of unique way.

Depends if Reggin is gonna play or not, because that dude makes every game fun. Still holding on to fond memories of Wushu and batman squad.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

bakka bakka posted:

I may have missed this in the OP, what's the best place to buy this cheaply?

GMG almost always has a 20% off coupon available. There's also steam sales (has gone as low as -67%), or making friends who live in SEA.

e: This should be a working 20% off GMG coupon.

JBTBG5-7GVTE8-W2YXRV

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 17, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

@Tsurupettan still needs an invite to all three of the guilds.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The worst part of this game is the crippling indecision in picking character builds because there's too many cool options. :v:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I dunno. I made a my Nightblade a Bosmer because that thing Archonex posted about before sounds cool as gently caress. The werewolf thing back on page 1.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I don't really like the newbie islands since they feel much more 'on rails' than everything else, for me at least. Is there any major benefit (skyshards aside) to completing them?

I was having way more fun just aimlessly exploring and finding random people and helping them.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/148404/legerdemain-the-path-of-thievery

Cool thievery guide. Has box locations too. Someone was telling me people were struggling to find boxes and thus felt stealing was a waste of time.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Catte mount

Read as cattle. Got excited.

Suddenly disappointed.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

mudcrab, and gaudy rear end colors.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I'm going bow/2h nightblade, mostly because I want to sneak around and debuff/murder fools from 40m+ away in pvp.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Archonex posted:

Bow NB is hilarious in PVP.

I'm that motherfucker that hits you and your best friends with a forty to eighty percent movement speed debuff when you're trying to flee into the castle as a huge zerg approaches. :unsmigghh:

What abilities do you use? I'm a Bosmer NB and I was thinking of like:

Lethal Arrow
Piercing Mark
Crippling Grasp
Anti. Cav Caltrops
Scorched Earth (for lack of a better idea)

No idea on ult.

Does Piercing Mark break you out of sneak when you use it?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Archonex posted:

But holy poo poo have I gotten some angry reactions from that trick.

The most important question now is, can people cross-faction send tells to each other in mass pvp? Because rage-tells are the best thing.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

To be a werewolf I can either do a lovely quest or ask a cool goon to come bite me in the low level EP zones, right?

If so, someone bite me please. :v:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

If you're a cool dude who wants to become a werewolf, I recommend completing the Hircine quest and then staying in his hunting grounds. As soon as you finish it, you get the ability to transform. As long as you're in the hunting grounds, you have permanent werewolf.

Each kill gives you 5 points, there are 21 enemies in here that respawn, and it takes 225 kills to max out your Werewolf line. You also get okay exp and it counts toward your currently equipped weapon/armor types. About an hour of your time will max that line out and you never have to worry about it again!

Thanks to the cool guy in game who gave me this tip.

e: You also get a poo poo ton of scraps and other random drops.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Did some newbie dungeons with some cool dudes, they were fun and interesting. Up to 13 so far on my NB, looking forward to 15 and my second weapon set!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Archonex posted:

This is completely wrong, just so you know. Werewolves and vampires are available as early as level 15.

I got bitten at level 9 and my werewolf skill was maxed by level 10. :v:

e: if you don't like the price, GMG almost always has 20% off coupons available. The game has also gone on sale on steam for as low as 67% off.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My favorite choice so far is: Do I make a guy who exchanged his servitude for power go back to his ugly harpy crow thing 'wife', do I kill her because apparently she manipulated him into being magically bound to her for eternity, or do I kill them both because gently caress it you're both poo poo.

I made him go back to his ugly crow wife and they started bickering like a married couple. And she was all like 'ohhh your son can come live with us in the tower!'

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

WarLocke posted:

How much actual content/stuff to do at endgame is there?

Is it like, make a dude, level to cap, see the story quests, then you're done?

There's end game dungeons, raid ('trials') content and pvp.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Do any of the ui overhauls or whatever include a timer for your debuffs/dots?

e: nevermind I am blind I glazed over it since i saw 'buffs', not debuffs. FTC does it.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 22, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Sorvah posted:

I'd like an invite to the EP guild please, @shikasama

Account not found.

e: vvv I copied+pasted it from above and got the not found error.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 22, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Freakbox posted:

So...Elder Scrolls online f2p; worth it, not worth it? Does anyone have an opinion on pros and cons? Also...how easy would it be to dick around and solo? I wouldn't mind chatting and palling around with Goons or other people, but I...am notoriously bad at teamwork. I hate partying and I hate raiding. I can be moved to do those two things on a good day, but mostly I just like messing around and doing things at a very slow pace while enjoying being with friends and such.

If I'm in a party, it is incredibly likely that I'll forget what I'm doing, forget orders, or forget to help. ((I should absolutely not be allowed to heal people. :gonk: ))

I've wanted to try this out for a while and I'm willing to now that it's gone somewhat free. :3:

I am playing this game as a single player elderscrolls game except there happen to be other adventurers in the world. And, much like most npcs, they are either helpful or complete assholes.

It owns.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The lack of sub and lack of 'urgency' is one of the reasons I picked ESO up. Aside from binging a bit during my 3 day weekend I've been playing like an hour a day, if that, and making significant progress (in my mind, not necessarily compared to 'modern mmo standards').

Also the game does a REALLY good job at throwing you incremental upgrades and progression, so you feel like, even if you just farted around an hour exploring and stealing things, you did something.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

It is worth checking out the dungeons. At least, the 3 I did as a clueless newbie around level 10-12ish were fun and interesting. We did two of them one man down.

But yeah, I am really enjoying this as someone who is super explicitly trying to move away from raiding and shackling myself to a schedule of a video game.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The maps vaguely direct you to a deposit FULL of resources.

You can only see the resources if the map is in your bags.

e: vvv idk. I've only gotten one.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 25, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

eSporks posted:

We need to get more Cyrodil gank squads running, that stuff was fun at launch. You fools should also get into mumble.

I'd be in mumble but Pillars released. :v:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Sorvah posted:

Appealing to whales only works if you're actually providing something of value. There's certain games I play where I'll spend £200/£300 because money is an easier resource for me than time (and I have terrible impulse cntrol), but there is still an inherent value decision I make, even if I don't mind spending the money.

gotta spend money to look pretty!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

that's a funny way to spell bosmer permadodging nightblades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I'm reinstalling this after not playing for a while. I assume the guild info is still correct and we're all on EP?

I have no idea what I was doing with my character (i think it was a nightblade werewolf) and I don't know if I should start fresh. :v:

e: Dragon Knights get to puke on things and poison them now? That's rad as gently caress.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jun 3, 2016

• Locked thread