Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Good Thread for A Good Game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Slickdrac posted:

Optimal 6 lane road outpouring for maximizing traffic

Which one is the optimal?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2cIGYpFA68

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
S
So basically a fix for that bug?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Enigma89 posted:

OH poo poo, I didn't even realize that. I thought it was all Paradox.

I wonder why CO even needed a publisher with Steam around? Either way, I hope Paradox can suck off some of this extra money and make HOI4 more boss.

Publishers (good ones, like Paradox) are Important Dudes To Have when you're a small rear end game company like CO is.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

mlmp08 posted:

Let us export garbage via barge to some other state/city/nation.

or rockets

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

CompeAnansi posted:

For anyone interested in this game but new to city builders, you should take a look at this guide on starting a new city: https://imgur.com/a/LuzAc

It's great. Not only because it covers the basics, but because it walks you through all the steps and upgrades you should make all the way up to 10k citizens. It should really be in the OP.

This is great. I'm going to use this in combination with the industrial coffee filter design on my new city tonight.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

kinnas posted:

Vouching for the fire spread mod. It is awesome.

Forgot to switch to camera mode so a bit less picturesque but more "ohshitohshitohshit"

The firemen put the fires out and nothing too terrible happens but every now and then you get to witness this dramatic event going down. Should've just been in the vanilla game.

Yes. Goddamn yes.

I want more natural disasters too, please. Hope that is possible.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

ExtraNoise posted:

I've always felt TheSims series went too cartoony. And while a similar franchise doesn't have to be entirely realistic, I'd love a more "dark sitcom" style game in the same vein as TheSims.

I really hope CO does amazing things in its future.

I'd play a Cities Skylines The Sims game, holy poo poo.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Fhqwhgads posted:

Easter Egg: Name your neighborhood "Hamsterdam"

Whitey Sale!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Can I get a link to the dash cam mod please?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Any curated mod collections I should look at?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Suspect Bucket posted:

Yeah, like I said, a douchebag. But at least the bus service has gotten much better. I used it all around Nassau until I was 22, as I didn't feel like paying for a car. The bus took me right to the malls, college, the beach, and the train. The beach service to Jones was quite good, dropped you right in front of the concourse right at the water tower. Two bucks for a bus was better then six bucks for parking on busy days.

And that's why I make sure my Cims have good public transportation.

Depends. What are you looking for?

Specifically, Quality of Life/UX improvements and adding more growables.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
What is the go to suite of vanilla+/QOL mods these days? Haven't played since snowfall.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I grabbed all the expansions a while ago, and I'm returning after a pretty long hiatus. Does anyone have some up to date mod recommendations?

I'm after two types of mods:

1) Quality of Life - anything that is Vanilla+ in terms of interface improvements or similar.

2) Growables - any growables that are Vanilla+? Preferably a one click subscribe collection on Steam. When I last played, it was during the Nightfall expansion and some of the growables didn't support lights, which looked v. bad, and I'd like to avoid that this time around.