Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Chewbot posted:

I would love for a city building game to recognize land value correctly i.e. waterfront, hilltop and downtown proximity, as opposed to "how many playgrounds are nearby". I bet it could be modded.

Didn't one of the older Sim Cities recognize this? Or at least "Higher = better" as far as land value?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

How do we mod this in as a new dam, because :drat:

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

kinnas posted:

Stumbled upon something that made me really appreciate the scale of the game:

:stare: That might not be curvy, but I wish I had the traffic wizardry knowhow to make something like that.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

MikeJF posted:

It helps that it's very low density. Look at all the greenspace in each block.

This is something I need to work on, letting my space OCD go. Not every square needs something on it. It's totally possible to max the population with lots of greenspace...

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Finally, someone's working on a disasters mod :v:

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Cephalocidal posted:

Now I want a mod that turns abandoned properties in low- or un-policed zones into revenue++ crime+ generating industrial sites that soak up neighboring badness like a sponge. The idea of intentionally allowing crime to flourish in certain areas for the greater public/economic health of the city gives me dystopian wood.

Easter Egg: Name your neighborhood "Hamsterdam"

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Hadlock posted:

The station has to be at least as long as the longest train
:goonsay:

"...the first 4 cars will not open up at Amityville station. If you wish to depart at Amityville please walk towards the rear of the train"

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

This was really all I wanted as an improvement over SC4. Trying to recreate Manhattan and having the LIRR rail lines/BQE on a bridge over the East River destroyed ~my immersion~ so now I can actually run tunnels under the river! Now all I need is a Manhattan map and to learn how to traffic :downs:

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Is there a map pack (or are there some goon suggested maps like what Fish Fry just posted) that's got a little more character than the default maps, but not mountains/islands everywhere? I feel like in order to rid myself of the brutalist grid style, I need some windy rivers/forest/small hills to create some differently-shaped neighborhoods and go with a more organic flow. The default maps are nice, but a wide open flat area just screams to me "Grid industry here!" "Grid residential here!" "Separate with a highway!" "Do it again down the road!"

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Slashrat posted:

I wish there was some kind of mod that gives you tools for aligning any kind of road and whatnot to each other. The inner sperg in me flips out whenever I find Highways where the opposite lanes aren't going parallel to each other, or curves that aren't smooth all the way through.

There are a lot of parkways in the northeast that are just like this, though. I never really noticed it until after I started playing Cities, but I've been on parkways where there will be times where you can't even SEE the oncoming side due to differences in elevation, hills, one side making a really wide bend with forest in the middle, etc.

But yeah, in-game I sperg over that as well...

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Avocados posted:

God drat this autismal game and the 2 hours I spent watching traffic patterns so I could fix my seussian spaghetti city

I would not, could not turn left here
I would not, could not turn left there
I do not like this traffic jam
I do not like it, Cim I am.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Just rename them to technical schools. Bam. Immersion restored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

mutata posted:

I think he's talking about the movie San Andreas?

Can you smell the Rock's Hot Coffee?