Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I thought you guys might enjoy my city's BRT.

There's this elevated road that goes in a circle around the city, and it has a bus lane but also occasionally an elevated bus lane above the elevated road.

This particular section goes off the ring road and ends at this thing.

Where the bus road curves and goes into this building. I have no idea what this is going to be when it's finished.

There's also a lot of stupid giant stack interchanges I'll try to get pictures of sometime. They remind me of Skylines every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Friction posted:

These look amazing. Do you know why the bus lane has been elevated so drat high?

No idea. Most of the time it's just the inside lane on that regular elevated road below. My guess is it's elevated because there it has a split off so it can dead end into that building, and there's also a road interchange so it's probably just easier to have it way in the air to do that.

I assume the building is going to be some kind of central station or depot.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Is there a good way to figure out what mods are causing issues? I just installed like 300 buildings and I expected it to slow down a bit, but it's not loading at all so I think something's up.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I don't have After Dark yet, if a building says it's updated for that could it be the problem?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

Doubt it. Mostly it's the auto-installed patch that came alongside the DLC that is breaking stuff, not the DLC itself, I believe.

Hm, okay. I'm not totally up on how mods work for Skylines, are buildings able to gently caress things up or just actual mods? I have a whole lot of buildings but not many mods.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I can't figure out what's wrong. I disabled everything except the 25 tile unlocker because gently caress playing without that. :argh:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Try verifying the files? Do you have any launch options set?

I verified and don't have any launch options.

It loads mostly, there's the airport ding sound, then right at the end of loading it just sits there. It's not frozen but won't finish loading. Is there a limit on how many assets you can install? I have 8 GB of RAM, I wouldn't think there's an issue.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I hadn't disabled all the assets, just did and now it loaded. This is going to be loads of fun to try to isolate.

E: Re-enabling mods didn't break it so it's an asset issue. Yay only a shitload of things to check and it CTDs when going back to the menu :buddy:

E2: Aha! I found that hotfix mod and it worked. Thanks guys.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 27, 2015

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Is there anything special you have to do to replace the default trains? Or does it randomly pick between different trains? I just saw my first passenger train but it was the stock one, not my download.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I haven't played in a while either. The night cycle is great and tunnels are awesome. I'm building tunnels all over the place as bypasses, nice to do that without using space on elevated roads.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Westminster System posted:

This drat game is so pretty, even when screenshots get wrecked by steam.

Only a million more hours crawling along at "too many people!" speed to go.

What settings/mods are you using here? That looks a lot better than mine.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

The game just straight up deleting custom assets sure is awesome. All my high schools disappeared and I had to find it again and resubscribe.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I wonder if they'll ever fix the zone filling in with buildings whining about having no electricity rather than building over at the loving electrical line first.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Chocobo posted:

I haven't played this in a long time, and I see they added tunnels. Holy poo poo does that ever solve a lot of problems. Time to reinstall.

No poo poo right? My cities are designed by moles now. So many bypasses.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Okay is there a way to disable workshop updates? I am loving sick of buildings vanishing, I want it to work like SC4.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

For all the custom content frustration, this game is pretty.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

VostokProgram posted:

What map is that, and what trees are you using?

Naju, Korea is the map. Trees are Cherry Blossom Tree Adult, Pine Tree, Bamboo Tree, Yellow Ginkgo Tree, Red Japanese Maple Tree, Conifer 2, Green Ginkgo Tree, Bamboo Tree Cluster. Shroomblaze is the author for most of those? The tree section is pretty small.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Only three levels? Amateur hour over here.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Oh I was just looking at the roads in the center. It's hard to parse. Either way there's only four exits and I see no tunnels. Run that poo poo into the ground.

I need to see one that is the maximum possible number of layers and every car needs to drive a spiral of every single one to get out.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Oh yeah, keep posting 'em. :fap:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Add more roundabouts on top of your roundabouts. Roundabouts made of roundabouts. If you can trap cars in the roundabouts long enough eventually the cims will die and you don't have to worry about them anymore.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Ofaloaf posted:

Up to a population of 58k! :toot:

And instead of taking a bunch more screenshots, I installed movie maker and tried my hand at video editing for the first time in years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVdO5CQCRvE

This is a great looking city. How much did you have to do to turn it into the 50s?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

So I stupidly decided that I wanted 81 tiles instead of 25 in a game already going, swapped them out. Game wouldn't load so I put it back, and it still sits at the loading screen. Am I screwed? My next idea to try is disable all mods and see if it'll load, then if it does enable them again after.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

I'm not sure the specifics or if it's even true any more, but 81 tile is way more buggy and risky than 25. 25's just unlocking all the vanilla tiles, 81 has to change a bunch of core game poo poo to allow it. 25 seems plenty big enough, and multi-city regions often don't really work out so well anyways since cims don't seem to take distance into account as much as they should when it comes to work or shopping.

Also a ton of mods randomly become incompatible with 81 tile mod. If you just want a huge vanilla city it's an ok mod, but if you're stacking all sorts of other poo poo on top it can get hosed. Like just now I'm reading there's some critical problem between 81 tiles and disable zoning check mod. Who knows why, it's just a fussy mod that likes to ruin stuff.

I'm using a real city map to make an improved version of somewhere I used to live and parts of it don't fit in the 25, so I figured I'd try it. Anyway I've removed it now and went back to 25 but it stuck at the loading screen. I'm going to screw with it when I get home but was just wondering if anyone's had infinite loading issues and knows a good way to fix it.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

The game is super weird when mods fail. Sometimes disabling everything, restarting the game, starting a new city, turning them back on fixes it. When I got back into the game this month I was getting a million errors when I'd start the game or a new city. I disabled all mods, restarted and it was fine. Turned on all mods, and it was still fine. Who knows, game is weird.

Thanks for suggesting I do weird poo poo. Disabled all mods, started a new game, went back and enabled mods, loaded the autosave instead of the most recent save, and it's working. :psyduck:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Are there any good big ploppable factories? I don't see a lot of industrial stuff on the workshop from a little browse.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

Also for BIG INDUSTRY Check out Avanya's stuff, does lots of huge rico industrial plops, warehouses, all sorts. If the link doesn't work just search for Avanya or "factory hall"
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027494461/myworkshopfiles/?appid=255710

This is great. Piling these together makes a huge looking industrial complex.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Any of you had an issue with assets not loading? It's all subscribed but for some reason when I'm starting the game now nothing's showing up in the asset browser or anything.

E: Restarting Steam fixed it, weird.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Feb 26, 2017

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Jesus this is the same game? Wow. I need to try that list of mods.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Is there a mod that adds a mass road upgrade function?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Is there a good mod that lets you put elevated roads above ground roads? I remember early on some mod that removed pylons but I don't want the road to just magically float.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I never got why anyone streams or makes VLPs of city builders. They're not exactly exciting to watch if you're not playing.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

It's weirder for me since I've done two SSLPs of city building, so I feel like I get a good idea of interesting to boring ratio. I post an update with 20 screenshots and that's probably six or seven hours of gameplay condensed into the parts that anyone would actually be interested in seeing. Streaming it would be like watching paint dry.

Not that it isn't fun to play, but to watch someone spend an hour futzing around with rails to get the tunnels and slopes to look right? Nope.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

The Deadly Hume posted:

Come to think of it, I think this is why I had more fun doing the SC3k LP because I made a stupid backstory up as well (it was easy to make up poo poo about the advisors in the game) and I looked forward to doing each little episode.

It was a good LP. Jim Lives.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

It's realistic I guess, I can't count the number of times I wait for the bus and then four of the exact same bus number show up all together. Not sarcastic it happens all the time.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

http://shanghaiist.com/2017/05/31/crazy-chongqing-interchange.php

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

quote:

Field '.PathUnit.m_vehicleTypes' not found. [System.MissingFieldException]

Details:
No details

I can't play because of this error box, and when I say ok it just pops up again and again and again. Anyone have any idea what mod this is?

This pops up when the game loads, if it helps.

quote:

A Mod caused an error [System.Exception]

Details:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Exception: TFW: Original method StartPathFind has not been found for redirection
at Transit.Framework.Redirection.Redirector.PerformRedirections (UInt64 bitMask) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at CSL_Traffic.TrafficMod.OnEnabled () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I disabled Traffic++ V2 and it seems like that was the problem.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Arglebargle III posted:

The best intersection is a four level roundabout that segregates traffic by direction and destination.

Your Traffic Toilet was a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I live in non-Japan Asia, if noise pollution were such a deadly issue all these countries would be empty.