Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

D1Sergo posted:

Nah we'll just go back to picking on the Irish. Believe me, we don't need skin tone in order to discriminate against people for vaguely perceived differences. Maybe we'll just start discriminating against shifty-eyed people.

The Irish aren't white, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

lookoutbelow posted:

In case you thought he was talking about teh gayz going after all those other lying bastards, spreading the abridged, apologetic Good News Gospel. Shorter Mike Huckabee: when Mike Huckabee is gone due to the gays, there won't be any churches or Christians in America.

We are so close to final victory. :getin:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Chelsea Manning has a twitter account, no idea how she's tweeting from prison:

https://twitter.com/xychelsea

Dictating via phone, apparently.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Toshimo posted:

1812 seemed pretty legit.

More specifically, Tecumseh's involvement brought it from "slapfight about the Atlantic and extremely optimistic invasion of Canada" to "actually vaguely concerning re: establishing a viable, semi-hostile native state".

And now, we face a new threat from the Commonwealth: Rafael Cruz, Canadian sleeper agent. :canada:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Campagn.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

:stare: Who teaches the class? MacArthur? Kissinger?

No lie, I'd take a class on international relations taught by Henry Kissinger.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Unzip and Attack posted:

You guys really do think the mother will be forced to give birth in the back of a garbage truck if the police department followed standard procedure, don't you?

If she weren't, then something has gone horribly wrong with the America I grew up in.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

zoux posted:

Charles Johnson was right yall.

Why would you say such terrible things?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Just a reminder that David Simon used O'Malley as one of the models for this guy:

EDIT: Funny that some people think we should go from a president who enjoys The Wire to a president who was all but literally a character in The Wire.

Obama is, himself, very much Carcetti.

Edit: gently caress's sake, Randpaul! You're hardly even trying KILL YOUR PARENTS.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Joementum posted:

Bonus quote of the night, "I want to reiterate to all Department [of Justice] personnel, including attorneys and law enforcement officers, that they are prohibited from soliciting, procuring, or accepting commercial sex." ~ Eric Holder.

Well, we appreciaate your input, Herr Holder.

On a related note, are you or have you ever been in a sexual relationship with a colored woman?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

DemeaninDemon posted:

Only if it were Cho'Gal.

So basically, you would engage in religious bias against those who wish to return the Old Gods to their rightful dominance over the world.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Here, have a bunch of words on why Ted Cruz has essentially no chance of getting the nomination: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/lets-be-serious-about-ted-cruz-from-the-start-hes-too-extreme-and-too-disliked-to-win/

Love this graphic:

My favorite bits, other than Cruz, are
- Richard Nixon, Honest Man, and
- the Pauls :allears:

...Also, what did I miss about Carson? I thought he still wanted in.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 11, 2015

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Rand just needs a jet-pack so he can rocket boost out of situations he dislikes (all of them).

"Actually, I'm a reporter-"

*abandons sandwich in fright*

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Joementum posted:

That's why they should have gone with one of the more credible candidates.

That debate was probably my single favorite thing to come out of the election.

Right down to Governor Otter's poo poo-eating grin as he was shaking hands with his incredibly dour serious opponent.

I wonder whether it's Butch or one of his staffers that watched Alpha House and had an epiphany.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Joementum posted:

Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN) officially requested the that Secret Service build a moat.

USPol May: Nobody Is Suggesting Drawbridges Or Turrets

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Joementum posted:

Bonus quote of the day, "The next 20 months are going to be like a Hobbesian state of nature." ~ Ted Cruz

"At least, if I have anything to say about it."

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

A Winner is Jew posted:

Yup... it was those drat democrats that dragged us all totally kicking and screaming into Iraq in 03.

e: YOLO

:toxx: $1000 donation to the charity of your choice if president Hillary gets us into a foreign war that isn't in response to a major terrorist attack (1k+ dead) or a humanitarian crisis that the UN authorizes (Balkans/Somalia).

I think you're making a mistake by not leaving room for an Iraq Invades Kuwait scenario - obvious international law fuckery* that isn't exactly humanitarian in nature.

* yeah I know, Saddam had something of a legitimate beef with Kuwait's oil extraction, but still.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Sorus posted:

I'm willing to give the Navy a pass; they do more than just blow up brown people (anti-piracy, sea search and rescue, etc). The other branches of the US military though have no redeeming features.

The Army Corps of Engineers does good work pretty darn regularly.

The Air Force's humanitarian work mostly consists of air delivery of aid material. Neither exciting nor high-cost-effectiveness, but I guess it counts.

(also since when does "anti-piracy" not involve shooting/blowing up Somalians and Malaysians)

Oh, and there was also Obama's utilization of a wider swathe of the Army for the Ebola relief efforts.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Boon posted:

All branches do a considerable amount of humanitarian aid, though, the Navy and Air Force do a lot of the heavy lifting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unified_Response
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanitarian_response_to_Typhoon_Haiyan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Tomodachi

The community events as well as the response to Typhoon Haiyan are some of my proudest moments in the Navy.

I am going to unilaterally state that aid personnel count as supplies so I was still technically right.

(Thanks for the citations.)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I can't figure out what Tea Party types/Christian conservatives think of them. Are they ok with them being literal Islamic extremists who just happen to be our allies, as long as they are good for business?

In my experience they don't think too hard about it / feel Saudi Arabia is a necessary evil that we can dump as soon as we set up enough petroleum extraction in our own country and maybe our less terrible vassals.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Joementum posted:

The House is currently voting on a resolution that allows it to pretend that a budget has been passed so that it can bring up appropriations bills.

:psyduck:

And here I thought the weirdest thing of the week would be the Texas State Guard carefully monitoring federal military exercises to make sure they don't sneak martial law in.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I will not countenance disrespect to Texas' state military. Pistols at dawn, Mr Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Chamale posted:

States are allowed to form state defence forces. Texas is one of 23 states that does.

Texas also generously allowed the President to borrow elements of the State Guard during the Iraq war (I think) and Katrina, but he had to ask the governor nicely because the governor is the top of the chain of command.

It also has a really tiny Coast Guard like segment, which is probably more useful than all the rest combined.

Actually, just had an epiphany. Maybe Abbott is just trying to make sure no troops are quartered in private homes. We haven't enforced the Third Amendment very recently!

Double edit: the Iraq war thing was just a perfectly normal natural disaster deployment, it was just more important because less of the Army and National Guard were available, I guess.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 30, 2015

• Locked thread