Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Tide posted:

I know. And I know taking the nuclear option isn't the way to go. What frustrates me is that she doesn't seem to care. I suppose I would be sympathetic if she showed some resemblance of being concerned about it.

Just venting.

Paint it as concern. Tell her that you want her to live healthier. Do you have kids? Tell her that you want her to live longer for them. Do you know of any diseases that run in her family, like heart or kidney disease of diabetes? Educate her on how to reduce the risks. Invite her along when you go to the gym. Invite her to do physical activities, like hiking or biking.

A risky one is to fawn over some old photos of you two, and say, "We looked so good back then." It's important that all of this is about WE and US, not YOU. It's about the two of you together. It's not just her problem.

It's not going to be pretty any way you put it, but I hope it works out for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Tide posted:

Good advice that has all been tried and thus far not worked over the last few years. I've especially laid it on thick about being around a long time for our kid (and grandkids). I've tried that and bribery (trip back to Europe, new wardrobe, etc). Nothing works

Bribery? Oh boy. Y'all got some serious communication issues. Please try couples counseling before you try ogling other in-shape women.

Maybe the counseling would help your wife as well. Obesity in women often comes hand-in-hand with a lot of other issues, such as insecurity, binge eating, emotional eating, and a host of other weird poo poo. My sister, my mom, and I have all lost significant amounts of weight, and tackling obesity was more than just tackling how we ate but also why we did it (spoiler alert: it's daddy issues). My sister and I both did the keto diet, which is neat because you can still eat a lot of tasty things. It's a hell of a lot more fun than obsessive calorie-counting.

There's just over two weeks until I leave for California. I'm loving stoked as hell to drive the Viper.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

ssjonizuka posted:

Anyone have a carfax to burn? Someone wants me to run a vin report on my ONE OWNER CAR WITH NO ACCIDENTS for them even though I'm not the one buying the thing. sigh.

I might be late but I'm always down to help out with the CarFax cause with my dealer account. I don't have PMs anymore though so you'll have to post them here.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

ssjonizuka posted:

Thanks for the offer - I ended up pm'ing the guy from SA Mart. For <$7, I'll eat that and be shocked and amazed carfax thinks I've ever replaced my turbo. Now where did my pile of receipts go, because I know that's never happened.

Carfax's reliability is iffy. My workplace uses Autocheck on our cars because we've found it to be more reliable.

I had a customer today who insisted that the Autocheck and CarFax weren't enough and demanded the phone number of the previous owner.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I've had several cars with clean Carfaxes and accidents on the Autocheck, and the other way around. It's best to pull both if you're worried.

A PPI will tell you way more than either of those either could, but customers have been trained to believe that the CarFax is the end-all be-all of car history and the only important thing.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
STR, you should really get yourself into rehab. Addiction of that magnitude is not something to gently caress around with, especially when you are replacing one addictive substance with another.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

some texas redneck posted:

Done the rehab bit before. Can't afford it again unfortunately.

I would rather be broke than dead.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Cat Terrist posted:

No, a castrated WRX motor. Also with soft rear end suspension, a CVT and all the driving enjoyment of loving a dead hooker. The modern XT is just not in any way a mildly interesting car anymore.

The new Forester appeals to my inner lesbian AND my inner soccer mom, but CT is right. It's a poo poo-tier enthusiast car and a shadow of its former self.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Cakefool posted:

Just have the dog a none-too-gentle nudge with the foot (sorry animal lovers) because he deliberately rolled a football under my feet as I was walking an uneven path, carrying a heavy basket with no view of my feet. If I'd have gone over I'd have been off work for months knowing my luck. As it was I've :airquote: only :airquote: jarred my back.

Cue wife shouting at me about kicking the dog, no loving concern for the sole breadwinner or his spine.

And we're looking after the in-laws dumb untrained poorly behaved golden retriever next week as well, funny how I had no say in that but when we go away we pay for a kennel. I might be working overtime next week.

It's not like the dog did it with malicious intent to hurt you. Jesus Christ dude.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Also, playoff hockey starts tonight! gently caress you, liver. And Nashville fans.

Edit: who am I kidding no one is a fan of Nashville

I'm going to miss most of the first round Wild games because of work. :sigh:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Well dubnyk is going to turn back into a pumpkin soon, so hopefully you get to see them in the playoffs at least one game :v:

Edit: hockey is the best sport there is

It's a slow night at work so I'm watching the Blackhawks game online while I do my phone calls. I've got a soft spot for Toews because he played for UND.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Negromancer posted:

And beat the poo poo out of each other! Can't forgot about the best part.

That's why I watch hockey.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

The only real place to put one would be wayyyy to close to Chicago. It'll never happen

Plus Wisconsin sucks, so, you know. There's that too.

Yeah. T-Square, you can join me on the Wild cheering squad. ;)

Sometimes I can't believe that North Dakota doesn't have a team because of the immense talent of their college hockey program, and then I remember that it's North Dakota.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

That was easy. :smugdog:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I got promoted to manager of our business development center at work. I'm excited about the pay raise and the new responsibilities, but I'm more excited about never having to work past 6 pm.

Catte chat: I went to go check out some dogs at the humane society yesterday, but after considering how much of a pain in the rear end Harry is around other dogs, I've decided to get some cats to keep him occupied instead.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Did Harry The Office Dog get a promotion as well?

He doesn't get to come to work with me anymore. :smith:

Motronic posted:

Nice! So what does that entail? Is that still individual customer facing stuff (probably not if you don't have to work past 6) or more higher level marketing?

I still handle incoming phone, email, and chat traffic but now I get to oversee two employees. I'm going to train them, keep tabs on them, keep tabs on how the sales consultants are handling the internet customers, and listen to all of their crybaby bitching about how so-and-so gets all of the leads.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Motronic posted:

lol

Sounds good.

I actually kinda like it. I nod, act sympathetic, and then immediately go back to not caring once they leave the vicinity of my desk. Leads are reserved for the people that want to close them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
There's a contest going on at work right now, and I joked that second place would be a set of steak knives. First place is borrowing one of the company's vintage cars for a weekend up north, and that actually seems more like a punishment than a prize -- there's a nonzero chance of getting stranded by some of those cars.

My friend got to take the company FJ60 home for the weekend. I'm super jealous.

• Locked thread