Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I only just got this game today and I have no idea what 90% of the words on the last page meant, but I'm enjoying fighting enemies with Cloud and Kain and hearing the music from the games while I do it. I also assume I'm nowhere near strong enough to try the Tactics event battles, but it's kind of funny one-shotting everything including bosses in the Core levels with my five star sword I got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

You actually absolutely are strong enough to do the early Tactics stuff; characters are easy to get on purpose for new players. (The Ramza fight is about as hard as the one that gave you Kain!)

The Tactics event has a slightly odd layout in that Agrias''s battle is harder than some, but with a nice meaty RW attack you can probably do it. The memory crystals (items that allow you to up a character's level cap from 50 to 65 and allows them to use Record Materia) might be a taller order, but if you level a bunch tomorrow during the Sunday EXP Daily you might be able to pull it off.

Absolutely pick them both up and take a big swing or two at the Tactics banner, all the items on there are amazing, especially for new players.

Yeah I decided to give it a go just because, and I noticed the lowest one was only difficulty 5 or 6, which my party is level 8 right now. I got 10 Greater Growth Eggs from it which apparently can bring any of my party members up to level 21. I guess then the issue would be that while I have some pretty nice Relics from the 11 Relic draw I did and the levels would be pretty decent, I still only have really basic abilities at this point.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

Out of curiosity, when you say you pulled some nice relics, did you pull on the beginner banner or on Tactics? Tactics has some nice stuff, and on Monday the FF6 Relm event starts, which will give us Relm for the first time and re-issue Celes & Shadow, and makes it a bit easier to get Strago (he's available in the portraits, but very deep). Pulling on either one could net you some very nice things, though Tactics is notable for having two extremely useful items for Ramza (the sword and the armor) and a similar caliber item for Agrias (the shield). I'd take a swing at Tactics before it goes away in a week, if you can manage it!

I did pull on the Tactics banner but sadly didn't get any Tactics specific gear, as the only two things I have from that are the Mythril Sword and Vest which you get from doing the first two event dungeons. I have 45 Mythril right now so I'm gonna try and rush through a few Core dungeons to get five more so I can pull again today.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Wooo I got the Nu Khai Armband and Defender from relic pull today! Kind of a shame I dunno if I'll be able to get Agrias (average party level is only around 26).

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

KnoxZone posted:

The difficulty 50 battle for Agrias isn't too bad. Just do today's EXP dungeon and get your party a few levels and you should be good to go. Honestly, you should be able to handle the next dungeon for their Memory Crystals. If needed you can probably just blow up the boss with a good RW. My RW Agrias has 591 attack in FFT with her SSB so she should be able to murder the boss from full if you want to summon her for that fight. bGvN is my code.

Eh, I dunno, the problem is that while I have some nice weapons, the Nu Khai Armlet is the only 5 star armor I have, and I still only have the low level abilities. Even the difficulty level 30 experience dungeon resulted in a party wipe since everything dealt about 1200 damage to my party and the basic Cure and Protect spells can't really handle that. I'm still going to try my best to get Agrias before the event ends but I'm not going to get my hopes up too high.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Start building up your RW collection trying to only follow stuff like Sentinels Grimoire, Stoneskin, anything thst grants haste or major regen, and a few multi hit AoE attacks. Sentinels and Stoneskin cut damage you take in half, they are fantastic. They also stack with protect and shell.

Mitigation is everything in this game so those breaks will be key.

Thank you for this, I saw a RW that had Mighty Guard and took it into the level 30 XP dungeon and I was actually able to beat it! Granted I didn't master it because I still had at least two party member KO'd at the end of each area but Protect/Haste/Regen seriously made a lot of difference.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I don't suppose there's any way to fix the awful lagginess if I'm playing on Bluestacks is there? I dread having to scroll through equipment lists and having to click five or six times for it to register in the menus is getting a little old.

I've just been plugging through the core dungeons today, I was able to do the first three difficulty levels of the dailies, though the third requires me to get someone with Mighty Guard/Sentinel's Grimoire. Ran out of gil though so I can't even fully use the upgrade materials I got today. Ah well.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

There is a lot of Final Fantasy VI to play at once. Every other stage has been "Well there's 2-5 dungeons and then go do something else" but VI just keeps piling them on.

I assume this came out before the awful iOS/Android version of FFVI because otherwise they would have used it for the portraits like they did with the awful FFV ones.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Am I missing something or is there really no way to sort equipment by quantity? Because that's pretty annoying if so.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I'm at 20 Mythril right now, assuming I can get the 50 before the event ends, should I do another Tactics banner pull, pull on Relm 1, or save for Relm 2? Or does it depend on if I can get Agrias before it's over?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

Man, I wish Relm 1 wasn't such hot garbage as a banner. I have tons of fond memories of Relm being part of The A-Team back in FFVI, and having her Curaga-level Medica would be neat, and thus I'm even a little tempted to break my vow of no whaling and get yelled at, but good god the rest of that banner is just crap, especially since I already have tons of FFVI synergy.

I'll take that as a "Don't pull on Relm 1" recommendation then. :v:

Man the synergy bonuses are nuts. Kain is hitting for as much damage as Cloud with a five star weapon, and all he's got is a dinky 3 star Kunai.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

So out of curiosity, if I was to get Strago through this event, does the game give me some other prize when I get to the Core dungeon where I would have gotten him?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

With the gear and abilities I have now I can actually finish the level 30 daily dungeon, as long as I use a Mythril to heal up after the second battle and have some sort of support with Sentinel's Grimoire or Mighty Guard, can't master it yet though.

Also I got 400 Gil for someone summoning my RW twice, I knew putting up Hail of Stones Ramza would pay off. :v:

I made an ability called Draw Fire that I've seen people mention more than a couple of times in this thread and put it on Ramza so hopefully that will help my party even more in terms of survivability, but back to doing the Core dungeons for now, 52 Stamina gets eaten through pretty quickly.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Woo cleaned out all the classic dungeons for the Relm event. The level 35 dungeon was actually pretty simple with all the VI members with the appropriate gear and Ramza for good measure, Holy Dragon didn't last long after a Hail of Stones and an Orthros. I dunno if I can handle the Elite Dungeons though.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Yay I was able to get Shadow's MC! :woop:

Guess I'll try for Agrias, it can't hurt, I don't have enough stamina to try the next Core dungeon anyway (42 is quite a lot).

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Drat. My team can handle two waves of the final battle in Agrias' level but when I get to the third my resources are spent. The problem is if I bring a powerful RW attack, the enemies are too strong for me to handle the damage, and if I bring a powerful RW defense spell, I can't damage the enemies well enough.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Niton posted:

Do you have access to Draw Fire? If you do, use an attack RW, and pop Draw Fire on the second wave while focusing down the Knight. Your AoE SSB should be able to one-shot the other two waves, and the second wave does almost no damage outside of the Knight (who you can nullify with Retaliate + Draw Fire).

I actually just made Draw Fire this morning! I don't have Retaliate though, I didn't even know it existed until I googled it and found out there's a "Group 2" under "Other." I missed that this whole time somehow. I'll give it another shot then, though it's slightly dependent on if I can find a good enough RW.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Or do this but use a Cloud BSB and pray your strongest character can burn stuff down with his quad cut skill.

I ended up getting a Beatrix RW with Seiken Stock Break which was enough to KO the Black Mages and seriously damage the Whites/Knights. I finally got Agrias, though I didn't master the dungeon. Don't think I'll be able to get their MCs unless I get ridiculously lucky enough to pull Platinum Sword/Kaiser Shield when I do the 11 pull in a couple of days (I'm at 35 Mythril now).

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

djfooboo posted:

Decided to chase the easy Valiant knife with the spacebucks I was planning on using for Palom/Porum and struck GOLD JERRY, GOLD.

2nd Kaiser shield
2nd Platinum Sword

I blame you for the fact I just did an 11 pull on Tactics and only got three loving 4*s and a bunch of 3*s. :negative:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Ugh I'm so tempted to pull on the Tactics banner again because I really want Platinum Sword and any of the 5* Tactics armors but after my awful luck earlier today I'm worried I'd just get 3 and 4* crap again. Plus Chocobo Brush would be really nice seeing as how I have no group healing at the moment.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

It's nice to know Cyan's equips are loving garbage in this game too. His strongest weapon for me right now with realm synergy is...Main Gauche. Wooooooo.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Dollar pull on Relm 2 got me Flame Mail. Yay.

I'll probably spend one last 50 Mythril on the Tactics banner, I should be able to make it if I stick to the Core dungeons.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Is there a quick and easy way to tell which equipment has SBs other than to click and hold on it to view? Because apparently I've had a Soul Break weapon for White Mage for a while and didn't know it, and now I'm wondering if there's others I've missed and if there's an easier way than just checking each thing individually. There doesn't seem to be a way to filter "only SB equipment" in the menus.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Hmm, at 33 Mythril right now, and I only have a guaranteed 7 coming in tomorrow...I don't think I'm going to be able to do another 11 pull on Tactics so I guess I'll just do a couple of 3 pulls.

e: Awesome, all 3 star junk. Well, guess no Shout or Tailwind for me, but I did get the Nu Khai Armlet and Defender so I guess I can't complain too much, some people didn't even get that.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 16, 2016

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Tried to get Agrias and Ramza's MCs, I did pretty well up until Gafgarion. I opened with Hallowed Bolt which silenced the Time Mage, so no problems there, and Ramza used Draw Attacks to keep the Knight occupied. I was doing pretty well until Gafgarion went into the back row...at that point, I couldn't hit him since Rydia had used up all her magic, and so he was free to heal himself repeatedly with Shadowblades that did about 2k damage to my team, which I couldn't overcome.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I have 15 Mythril but after the abysmal 3* 3 pulls I got last night I think I'm going to give up on Tactics banner and do a couple of pulls on the Relm banner since that one still has the increased Vailiant Knife chances I think.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

With one last push I got Ramza and Agrias' MCs! Rather than going defensive I went all out on offense with a RW that had Blasting Zone, each hit dealing 4k damage to Gafgarion after he went in the back row. Didn't master the dungeon and it's a shame because the bonuses would have been nice but I guess that one goon who told me I could get their MCs before the event ended despite only starting last week was spot on.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

All I know is my level 36 RW with Hail of Stones gets summoned a minimum of 10 times a day.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

If only I could summon a RW three times, then I'd be able to handle the Heroic difficulty dailies. I guess that would make them a bit too OP though. It's a shame that I can't really handle anything that gives out Greater orbs since Shellga is all I really need due to being able to just Protect and Draw Fire with Ramza.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Broke my first level cap with Ramza just now, wooo. His RM doesn't seem particularly useful but it's still nice.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Did a single pull today and got Oath Veil. Not bad, could've been better but I'm not going to complain.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Schwartzcough posted:

Yeah, I'd hold off on Full Break until you've beefed your 3* and 4* abilities up a bit. You really want a good selection of ~R3 4* abilities before you start worrying much about 5* stuff. Also, you will never use Blade Bash or Salve or Fire, and if you've already beaten Hein from the FF3 storyline dungeons you won't use Aim (you probably won't use it even then). Be brutal with low-rank abilities.

Is there a good beginner's guide on what to focus on for abilities/magic? I know the big ones like Protectga/Shellga (which are still out of reach until I can earn Greater orbs) and the break commands as well as the -ajas/Spellblades but what else?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Dollar pull on Vincent's banner got me...a Diamond Sword. For XII. I don't even have the XII levels unlocked yet.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Give me your Chocobo Brush, all I'm getting are IV armors and XII weapons.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I was able to get Reno/Yuffie/Zack's MCs but I think Vincent's is out of reach for the moment. MC2's are a far off dream for me at this point, I'm going to ignore the event and focus on stamina shards again, since I can ignore the lower level Daily Dungeons since I already got their mythril.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

So who can learn Draw Fire and Retaliate both? Besides Tyro I mean, right now the only party members I have that can learn Retaliate are Cyan and Cloud, neither of which can use Draw Fire.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Should I do an 11 pull on banner 1 or 2? I'm desperately in need of any sort of healing SB so I'm thinking banner 2 would be the better one for the shot at Clear Tranquil?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I have R2 Ruinga now which is nice, it'll give my mage characters something interesting to do in battle. I'm up to the point where I can handle Heroic level daily dungeons too. I'll probably run my VII characters through the EXP dungeon tomorrow and see if I can handle the dungeon for Vincent's MC.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Well er...at least the Healing Grimoire is nice?

Now to get 26 more Mythril for an 11 pull on Vincent 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Went into the Nightmare event against Phantom Train because why not, did 5k damage with a Firaga Strike, and...it barely took off any of the life bar. Yeah, not gonna be able to beat this. Maybe I can finally get a Soul of a Hero next Nightmare event. :v:

• Locked thread