Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Sledge posted:

Only criticism would be the movie needed more Rock.

That could be said of pretty much any movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Cacator posted:

Well, Dame Helen Mirren is on record saying she wants to be a villain in a F&F movie, so...

I could definitely see her as the Shaw Matriarch.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

BrianWilly posted:

Nah it's okay 'cuz the girl who actually makes these things is part of Their Family now. Cars. Cars cars.

Did anyone else think that the Brazilian cop lady -- Elena? -- was hella gonna get killed the second that Hobbs gave her a promotion? In any other movie that would've been her "one week away from retirement" moment. In this movie the Rock falls out of a building with her to break her fall with...his back. On a car.

Cars.

The best part of that scene is that it's nearly identical to a scene with in The Avengers, with The Hulk in Hobbes' place:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXXrXyvNtcg

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Of all the many funny things in the movie, Dominic Toretto wearing a loving wifebeater to his wedding made me crack up the most.

I did enjoy his patent leather work boots when he's in black tie.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I loved the whole sequence immediately before that, there's a really cool shot of like, look at all these goddamn stairs, only for them to immediately go back down them.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

PaganGoatPants posted:

Why do I smell baby oil?

That's a pretty great gag, if just for Ludacris' reaction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlYCSz23G1M

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Modus Operandi posted:

Han Seoul-Oh is probably one of most ridiculous and awesome aliases ever too. I wonder if the screenwriter waffled back and forth on whether to go with that before deciding gently caress it..let's do it.

...gently caress. I just got that.

The MSJ posted:

The Rock's response is apparently unscripted, as was Luda's.

Amazing.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

LesterGroans posted:

I'm actually really gonna miss Paul Walker's surprising fight skills. I really liked his scenes in the truck and his fight at the end.

I really enjoyed his Nathan Drake-esque escape, I hope they do more of that in the future, though I feel like that wouldn't really work with any other characters.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

BrianWilly posted:

I have zero pop culture. Who is Iggy Azalea and why is she terrible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-zpOMYRi0w

I think her inclusion would have been way less weird if she used her natural Australian accent, not the weird Southern thing she does.

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah, him escaping it was fantastic. I dunno... Roman? Letty? It's a tough one.

Letty's actually a pretty good thing, if they want to go the Tomb Raider route with it. She does wear a lot of tank tops.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

teagone posted:

She orders Papa John's pizza (her favorite allegedly) while in New York.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRgEeDR98X8

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Tej just absorbs the skills of those around him. That explains the hacking AND the martial arts.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

teagone posted:

The odds of Furious 8 leaving Earth's atmosphere are pretty high. Just got out of seeing this. It was everything I imagined :allears:

Rhonda Rousey needs to stop starring in movies though. Holy poo poo.

Yeah, that was like Derek Jeter levels of acting.

Also, did anyone notice the 2-second shot of Dom using the NOS in the climax?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Jason Statham cannot be killed by conventional weapons.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Shadowhand00 posted:

I forgot if its shown in the 6th one. What was the result of the Roulette Roll?

They cut away just before it lands, but since there was an equal amount on black and red, the payoff would have been equal...assuming it didn't land on the green, I think. I don't know much about roulette.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

PaganGoatPants posted:

He wore it at the end of 6 too iirc. I think his closet is full of those and wife beaters.

Don't forget the white v-neck (about 50 seconds in)!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Zedd posted:

Next movie should have Han Seoul-Oh's unmentioned friend Chu- Bawca show up with the same actor and just never pay attention to it otherwise.

New idea: get Aaron Yoo's character from the Friday The 13th remake to show up as his character, Chewie, who we learn is Han's younger brother. He can be in it for a few movies until he gets killed off during the events of Friday the 13th, revealing that not only do F&F and F13 share a universe, but much like his father, he was murdered by a Jason, who is now hunting the team.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
All this talk of Paul Walker's fighting skill made me check, apparently Brick Mansions is on Netflix.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

WhyteRyce posted:

I want Channing Tatum in FF8. White House Down was basically a FF movie

I want to see VP Channing Tatum driving a Lambo while President Jamie Foxx shoots a rocket launcher out the window.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

WarLocke posted:

I bet Tony would drive that one car from the triple-skyscraper scene.

Tony would make a transformer that was a supercar that turned into a suit of armor.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

WarLocke posted:

Hulk would just wear a car.

Like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSt4tLKNv0A

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

PassTheRemote posted:

I do not think 7 was as good as 5 as a whole, but there were moments, especially:

Dom, cars can't fly

This could refer to like at least 3 different scenes, 4 if you count Hobbes driving an ambulance into a drone.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Doctor Zaius posted:

And once they get to the bottom it just falls apart around them like the bluesmobile.

How has there not been a single "they broke my watch!" in this entire series?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Cacator posted:

Paul Walker lives on inside each one of us :angel:

I don't really feel like fighting Tony Jaa though.

I think I could take him.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Party Boat posted:

Yeah Vin basically self funded Riddick so it was a shame it turned out to be not very good.

I still don't know how Vin Diesel is so charismatic. I mean the man is a side of beef with a smiley face shakily drawn on it but he's carried the last three F&F films pretty well.

Vin Diesel is entirely capable of carrying a movie, add in The Rock and a handful of others, and boy howdy.

The Duke posted:

I feel it worth mentioning that Friday the 13th already takes place in the Michael Bay Transformers universe since the character Trent is supposed to be the same in both movies.

Kind of want to see Vin Diesel riding Grimlock now :captainpop:

I really want to see this now, it's the logical conclusion of the F&F series.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Cole posted:

i would love to bang iggy azalea

I can't even believe I have to say this

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

TheJoker138 posted:

I hope Riff Raff is in the next one.

Let me just throw this out there, get James Franco in there as his character from Spring Breakers (he would blend in pretty well at like Race Wars or something) and have him credited as "Alien, as himself."

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Cacator posted:

Well they've already done the "CGI a real person's face" thing, he just wasn't attached to a giant scorpion body.

I know they retired Brian, but am I the only one who wants to see him return as a scorpion king?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

duz posted:

I tried to watch something this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqg8pji2FWI

Edit: It was unsurprisingly terrible, like the rest of Friedberg & Seltzer's movies.

Oh hey, I'm related to Fake Michelle Rodrigues.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Chasiubao posted:

I'm not sure what I want more: For him to be the villain in 8, or for no one to even remember or mention him in 8.

What if he returns in a souped up Pork Chop Express?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

The MSJ posted:

His father was a man with no name. His name is probably Shepard 2.0.

https://twitter.com/FastFurious/status/719562051845275648

Am I crazy or was Shepard a Mass Effect reference?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Man, now I want to see Tom Hardy in the Fast & Furious universe. Preferably as Australian cop Max Rockatansky, because it would make so much sense if this all took place in what would become the Mad Max universe.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Did anyone see the rerelease of the first one? It was apparently for the 15th anniversary.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

The MSJ posted:

New picture of Hobbs aka Iceman.

I would love it if they revealed that Hobbs was secretly the heir to the UnderArmour fortune

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I hope at some point he needs to get poo poo done so he just bends the bars of his cell and walks out.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Barudak posted:

The prison in question? A giant car.

Con Ground?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
A comedy about three muscular brothers played by The Rock, Channing Tatum, and Zac Efron.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is their dad.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
It would be really funny if he just didn't get along with Jeff the Stuntman from the prison escape scene.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Not to mention the return of Luda!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

The MSJ posted:

Now there are actual rumors out there that this whole 'feud' is really a prelude to next year's Wrestlemania that will take place 2 weeks before Fast 8 is released.

It's gonna be a two-on-two match, the Rock and Taylor Swift vs Vin and Kanye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I love these stupid loving movies

• Locked thread