Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I pregamed by watching Furious 6 & Tokyo Drift last night, and I've got IMAX tickets for a 7pm show, so I'm gonna see it in just about an hour. Seriously cannot wait. I'm a huge fan of the series and this is one of my most anticipated movies of the entire year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fuuuuuuuuck, that was a perfect conclusion to the series. Somehow it managed to top the previous ones in terms of scale (they brought it back to where it all began (Race Wars) but then it also spanned the entire loving globe after that), and it was the absolute best way to honor Paul Walker's memory. I legitimately got teary eyed in the theater watching those last couple minutes. I hope they never make any more after this because there is no better way to wrap up a series than how this one did.

Hell, I'd cheer if this did actually win Best Picture. I felt like I was loving 11 years old watching the first one all over again, just filled with awe at every turn. The Fast And The Furious 7 was one beautiful goddamn movie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

mattfl posted:

Diesel already said 8 is planned and it'll be set in New York.
That's stupid. This wrapped the entire series up in a perfect little bow.

screenwritersblues posted:

- Also whose idea was it to include Iggy Azalea in a two second cameo?
Yeah that was loving bizarre and had half my theater laughing maniacally.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I rewatched 3 last night and thought it was hilarious how the main character can't drive for poo poo for the entire first half of the movie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Casimir Radon posted:

I couldn't really tell what parts are faux-Paul, of course I was busy enjoying it on a first watching.
I couldn't either! It'd be fun if someone posted a list of all the scenes in which it's not really Paul so I could go "...how the hell did I miss that?", but really the answer is that I was having a blast watching it and they hid it well enough.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm sure the scene on the beach wasn't him, they didn't show his face a lot, and when they did it tracked past pretty quick. That was establishing for him leaving the series though, so that's obvious. Whatever they did it's about a million times better than fake-Arnold from Terminator: Salvation.
About the beach scene: I honestly couldn't tell if they had shot that earlier and just rewrote it for all the other characters to essentially be eulogizing him, or if that was shot later and it was not-Paul filling in.

Yeah, nothing looked as obnoxious as CG Schwarzenegger so there were never any moments when I was taken out of the film and thought "oh god this looks HORRIBLE" or anything like that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Honest Thief posted:

Did Lucas accent changed from the flashback to the new scene? I don't recall him being so southerny drawl
Lucas Black talked like that in Tokyo Drift too, and also he's in the new show NCIS New Orleans in which he's supposed to be a detective from Louisiana but sounds nothing like anyone from Louisiana. I don't know if that's his real voice or just an accent he puts on for multiple roles, but it sounds hilariously overexaggerated and dumb to me. I live in the south and am familiar with different southern accents, but he just sounds like a caricature.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ninjahedgehog posted:

Fun fact: Iggy Azalea was 11 years old when The Fast and the Furious was in theaters.
So was I :shepface:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tim Whatley posted:

Also Vin Diesel will be 48 in July and that's weird. CORONAS.
How the hell does he look like he hasn't aged that much since the first one came out :magical:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm watching all the special features on the Furious 6 Blu-Ray because I'd never seen them before, and Jesus Christ, watching them do all these practical stunts is so loving rad. I can't wait to see the features on the Furious 7 disc.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy gently caress :staredog: Okay, so apparently the way they did the bank vault chase in Fast Five was they sawed off the end of a pickup truck and put just the front of it inside the vault casing. There was a guy inside driving the vault around and hitting exactly what needed to be hit by the vault and nothing else. But they closed him up in it so that it would take 15 minutes to get the driver out of the vault, so they ended up attaching hoses to him that fed to coolers of ice water for him to drink and they cut out the passenger seat of the truck and put a portable toilet in its place in case the driver had to go to the bathroom.

These movies and their stunt work are absolutely loving ridiculous and I love them so much.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I unironically think the evolution of the Fast franchise is the most interesting movie series progression ever.
I'm not sure if I'd go that far, but the evolution of the Fast franchise has most likely been the most interesting to watch of any movie series I've grown up with.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

teagone posted:

She orders Papa John's pizza (her favorite allegedly) while in New York.
:catstare:

I guess I could see Papa Johns being someone's favorite pizza if there were no other pizza places available to them and they didn't know any different, but in New York?!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The MSJ posted:

It looks like F7 is now Universal's biggest movie ever. It has already passed $1 billion worldwide.

http://www.thewrap.com/furious-7-drives-past-billion-dollar-mark-to-become-universals-biggest-movie-ever/
Jesus Christ :stare:

It totally deserves that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Straight Outta Compton was dope so F Gary Gray might be a good choice. Although Adam Wingard? Man, that would be so weird and I really want to see what he could do with a Fast & Furious movie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

F. Gary Gray it is!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What if the crew joins all their cars together to make a giant mecha, a-la the Megazord?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TheScott2K posted:

NBC is doing their part for brand awareness and showing Fast & Furious 6 right now. If you've ever wanted to see it cropped to 16x9 with the swears edited out, here's your chance.

Can't remember the last time I saw a movie on network prime time air. Wait, yes I do, when NBC did their part for brand awareness and showed Jurassic Park when Jurassic World came out.
Wait, networks still do that? I remember there being a big deal over ABC playing Saving Private Ryan unedited back in the early 2000s.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TheScott2K posted:

I think NBC pulled the same move with Schindler's List a couple of times. Broadcast titties, y'all!
I remember they showed Titanic one time and my mom covered my eyes when Kate Winslet was naked. I think that was before I cared about titties anyway :shrug:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

gently caress THAT RULED

Best one in the series by far. It's like they took all the best stuff from the previous movies in the series and threw it in a pot with the best stuff from the James Bond movies, the Crank movies and The Raid. It was somehow simultaneously the funniest, darkest and most violent one in the whole series. I already wanna see it again.

Goddamn, that blew away every expectation I had :allears:

Gaz2k21 posted:

Was there an after credits stinger??? I hung around as long as I could but the staff were itching to get in there and start cleaning.

This was probably the worst of the "The Rock" F&F films for me and by that I mean it was still fun as hell but didn't quite reach the heights of 5,6 or 7.

No post-credits scene and you're dead wrong because The Rock gave his finest performance in the entire series in this one.

e: That addition to the cast had me audibly yell out "HELL YES" hahahahaha

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 14, 2017

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vince MechMahon posted:

Clearly the next movie will have Cypher bringing Cyber Han back as a villain.

What was the song in the jail break scene?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVl2oQ__GDE

Same as the trailer song. It loving ruled. I love Bassnectar so that combined with the fight choreography in that scene made me even more hype than Dom's prep montage in 7 set to Deftones' Tempest.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tim Whatley posted:

Regarding the ending, I thought naming his son Brian was very predictable and I think it would have been much stronger if he named him Paul.
That would've made no goddamn sense in the continuity of the series lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tim Whatley posted:

The entire series makes no goddamn sense.
Have you rewatched them recently? They're faithful as gently caress to the continuity they've established. They bring back loving everyone who even had a minor role in previous movies.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There were a lot of things that dragged down this movie for me, including the stuff mentioned above, but after Elena got tied up and executed to teach a Dom a lessson I was basically checked out until some of the reveals at the end. That was both too grimdark and lazy writing for a series that has given its characters more credit and agency than that poo poo
She was never part of the core crew though and I felt like it gave more weight to Cipher's character. Like "Okay, wow, she's REALLY not loving around here."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Steve2911 posted:

That pileup in 8 must've killed hundreds at the very least. A lot of broken famblies there. Totally worth it Dom.
But in the end he gets his kid back and his fambly is complete with Letty even though the baby's mom got executed! :haw:

• Locked thread