Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Marathoned all the movies again this past Sunday with a bunch of friends, they just keep getting more and more ridiculous, in a very good and amazing way. I still think 5 is my favorite though, since it's an Ocean's 11 style heist movie and I've always liked those. Really excited about 7, and even 8 given that the baddie for 8 is supposed to be Kurt Russel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Yaws posted:

Just to be clear, these movies are dumb on purpose right? I think I've only seen the first one but that trailer is loving ridiculous.

Yes, they figured out why people see them, and it's not for serious dialog or believable plots.

screenwritersblues posted:

He just drives off into the sunset.

This isn't a metaphor, that is literally how they say goodbye to the character.
This is not a deep, thought provoking series.

E: Just got back, it's everything I hoped for and I'm sad that Paul Walker won't be around anymore.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Dead Snoopy posted:

I always wondered why they didn't bring back Suki [Devon Akoi].

So was I, so I looked into why. Apparently her family owns the Benihanna restaurant chain so she doesn't need any money and also her and her partner started a family and she just had her second kid last year.
I hope they can convince her to come back since it seems like the cast is mostly the 2fast crew now.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

The SituAsian posted:

Edit: Also Hobbs wiping himself down for seemingly no reason was amazing.

He was constantly dripping wet in Rio in #5, I assume it was a joke reference to that.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

I have zero pop culture. Who is Iggy Azalea and why is she terrible?

She's also kind of racist

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Holy fuckin poo poo

I know, over 100Megs for only two gifs.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

I'm kind of curious what the original storyline was. Rewatching it Sunday I noticed that whenever they talked about "missing the bullets", Paul was nothing but reaction and over the shoulder shots.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

iamsosmrt posted:

I didn't remember that Han had the necklace, but it could've been reacquired without that awkward 2 min flashback and Lucas Black's jarring 10 years of aging after a 5 minute race. Maybe they should've CGI'd him too. The least they could've done was show the race.

He didn't. Letty gave it to Owen Shaw after Dom gave it to her.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

PaganGoatPants posted:

Any word on Director?

Star Trek (1)3 is set for release in July 2016 so Lin could possibly be available for 8.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

The MSJ posted:

In case you are wondering, this movie's title in Japan is Wild Speed: Sky Mission.

If you're curious like me, the rest of the series is Wild Speed, Wild Speed X2, Wild Speed X3: Tokyo Drift, Wild Speed Max, Wild Speed Mega Max, Wild Speed: Euro Mission.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

He fell through a dimensional portal and was lost for several years, just look at his face in the parking garage. Time has ravaged his once-youthful looks.

He had once-youthful looks?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

They've been advertising the home release as an "Extended Edition" is there a rundown of what the differences are supposed to be?

I haven't watched it yet to confirm but apparently it's
1) Monologue at the beginning is longer
2) Deckard's first line to Hobbs is changed to make sense now
3) Graveyard chase is longer
4) Rousey fight is longer
5) Kurt Russell fight is longer

duz
Jul 11, 2005

I know I got my collectable tire with all the Blu-rays on it on launch

duz
Jul 11, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

I hate when they release box sets of movies that are in a series that is clearly not finished. Unless it's doing it like Marvel is with the "phases" or whatever. Because then when 8 comes out you just have this dumb tire and the next movie in a normal rear end case.

Well, you'd just put the disc in the tire and toss the case for 8 since there's more than enough room.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

What about 9 and 10? And the Hobbs spin off?

I'll double check when I get home, but I think it was only 2/3 full, maybe even only 1/2 full. There's only one extra disc and it's just a bunch of F7 promos and F6 interviews, nothing worth keeping.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

I tried to watch something this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqg8pji2FWI

Edit: It was unsurprisingly terrible, like the rest of Friedberg & Seltzer's movies.

duz fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 9, 2015

duz
Jul 11, 2005

GonSmithe posted:

If they don't make a Han and Giselle movie I'm gonna be fuckin pissed.

Or at least give him a role in the Wonder Woman movie.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

TheScott2K posted:

Dom seriously needs to reevaluate his beer preferences.

I kind of like that he's been drinking Corona since the first movie, that's the kind of continuity that matters.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

ninjahedgehog posted:

I'm glad they gave up the movie-every-year idea they had for a while. although it's a shame it took their lead actor dying to do it. :(

However if he hadn't died, they still would be releasing then alongside X-men movies.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

This horse has ten horsepower.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Lots of cars and stuff blowing up in Iceland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdmoXj8DJrs

Looks like they've started doing weekly videos of behind the scenes stuff if you check their other videos.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Cage posted:

I would watch that if Danny Devito was their uncle, too.

Are you pitching a Twins sequel?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Didn't Dwayne complain during F&F5 that Vin was all talk and no action? I seem to remember Dwayne complain about him ages ago.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Dexo posted:

The Japanese Name is also dope as gently caress

Wild Speed: Ice Break

Awe, they broke the sequence of calling them X Mission

Edit:
Wild Speed
Wild Speed X2
Wild Speed X3: Tokyo Drift
Wild Speed Max
Wild Speed Mega Max
Wild Speed: Euro Mission
Wild Speed: Sky Mission
Wild Speed: Ice Break

duz fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 10, 2016

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Tej gets a tank, the bad guys get a submarine.
Tej gets a submarine, the bad guys get a Falcon 9.
Tej gets a Falcon 9, the bad guys take over our moon base's rail gun.
I like where this is going.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

You guys are all wrong about the viewing order.

Better Luck Tomorrow
That short prequel thing on the disc for 4
The after credits scene from 6

2Fast also has a mini prequel video showing Brian drive from CA to FL.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Echo Chamber posted:

That means we'll have to end the DC Cinematic Universe.

I'm okay with this.

Or crossover? Finally give batman the family he so desperately wants.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Still partial to mos def.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z3LDU46zJQ

and also the not on the cd song 10,9,8 by Silly Mortals

I have a spotify playlist with all the soundtracks that I put on occasionally. They pick good music for this series.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

This summer, you will believe that a dinosaur can drift! SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

duz
Jul 11, 2005

gohuskies posted:

It would be the craziest thing if the plot flips around to being about stolen DVD players like in TF&TF 1.

When you think about it, the bulk of F&F5 was the result of a stolen DVD player. At least I assume that drug map was also a DVD player, it looked like one.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Ever since the beginning (5), The Rock has been saying he's been disappointed with Vin Diesel. Wonder when it'll be more than the house fulls of money the movies bring in can cover for.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Helen Mirren!

The crowd went nuts for the Jason Statham & Luke Evans reveal, it was obvious that it was coming, but it was so good to see it happen. They also went nuts for Don Omar, but that might be because I'm in South Texas and he's bigish here.
I think the first and second acts weren't very good, but the third act just blew it all away and wrapped it up well enough. I'm going to have to see it again next week, but I'm thinking it's probably 3rd or 4th overall.

I did laugh a bit at the baby reveal because during the baby talk with Letty I was saying to myself, Dom is not the type of guy who would wear a rubber so how have they not even had a close call?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

When it was filming there was news that they were fighting but then it was supposedly fake?

No, The Rock has been saying since 5 how much Vin Diesel disappoints him. Their publicists always come out afterwards and say it's nbd, but he keeps saying it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Boxofficemojo has the opening weekend actuals up: $98,786,705 domestic, $433,200,000 international for a total of $531,986,705. Even if they hadn't already said 9 & 10 were in the pipe, they certainly would be now.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

So many months ago when F8 started advertising at work we were talking about how successful it would be. I bet a co-worker lunch that I thought it would out-gross F7 (I am optimistic) but he said the only reason people went to see it was because Paul Walker died. I knew there was a good chance I would lose and I am pretty sure I will. We decided that we would compare a two week box office total and whatever was higher would win.

I have tried my best at the :google: to see if there is a day by day comparison for tracking the box office totals (for worldwide totals) between F7 and F8. Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

I saw the movie opening weekend and loved it. Much of the same praise/criticism others have expressed. One of the most egregious detours outside of the Shaw's being part of the crew? was having Budweiser and Stella Artois at the table. Not a single bottle of Corona. I thought that was weak.

They don't have a head to head comparison for 7 v 8, but here's the separate breakdowns for F8 and F7.
Edit: Well that's just the domestic, I don't see a daily breakdown for international on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Zedd posted:

What I got from that : The Vin/Rock beef is still a thing and will delay the next one.

The last official statements were that The Rock was getting his own spinoff so he and Vin don't have to costar anymore. Looks like Tyrese is announcing which one he wants to be in.

• Locked thread