Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

1998 Duels of the Plainswalkers

:colbert:

Is this the one where you walked around on an over world and saved cities and fought various monsters and stuff?

I miss that game so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I got 10000000 through amazon for free I think

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Not sure if this was covered already, but those of you with an Amex, check your "deals" page. Right now they have a deal running where you can spend $5 on google play for a $5 statement credit. Free money! Gets you halfway to Sproggiwood!

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

hooah posted:

I don't see a "deals" page. I only see "Amex Offers & Benefits" near the bottom of my home page.

That's it. Forgot what it was called.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Randallteal posted:

I loaded up You Must Build a Boat and Anime Studio Story for the first time on my Note 4 today and had really bad performance problems on both. Anime Studio Story especially ran sluggishly on the performance setting and chugged really hard when I set it to the graphics-intensive one, and YMBAB hitched up and slowed down every time I made a match. Any thoughts or suggestions? Most games I've tried on it (Hitman Go, Final Fantasy Tactics, Knights of Pen & Paper) seem to run fine. It says it's using about 2gb/3gb ram on background and idle processes, but there isn't much in the list for me to actually close. No power saving or anything else on that I know of.

For YMBAB - have you updated the app? The first release had terrible performance issues. The dev fixed it in the latest release though - I can't believe I was able to play it before now!

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
So does Desktop Dungeons continue to live up to the hype?

I enjoyed Sproggiwood but starting to get a bit bored with it. What's next?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
My biggest gripe with kingdom rush is if I open any other app, it doesn't save my progress. Have to completely restart. Totally killed he game for me.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Ceciltron posted:

Well, I'm sold.

Requires internet access though

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Weren't people saying ff tactics on Android was a terrible port?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

The numbers are ugly and the sprites aren't quite the same, plus the animations in battle are sped up, but the touch controls are fine.

I complained earlier in the thread about it dropping from my memory, but so far that hasn't happened once after the S6 update.

Ah that might have been you. I think you said you went in for a refund right away?

Good to hear it's working. I have a note 4 so I'm hoping it will work.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
drat. What about secret of management then ? Any opinions on the mobile port?

E:Ha-ha secret of MANA.

Lowness 72 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 5, 2015

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
It's the newest Kairosoft. Climb the corporate ladder! I wonder what the IAP would be.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Mega Comrade posted:

Really? FF6 description claims it still doesn't support Art.

I just bought it and played it this morning on my Note 4. Seems to work

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

field balm posted:

I've been playing loads of mazebert td, but I'm getting burnt out on how long rounds can last, especially combined with how reliant you are on the rng to keep your carry strong.

Any other good td games that are similar (fewer towers, predetermined creep lanes)? I don't mind paying, I'm flush with survey credit.

To me the gold standard is Bloons

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

FadedReality posted:

I really like Kingdom Rush but I think they're the only TD games in years with no fast forward button so I vote Bloons as well.

It also won't save your progress if the app loses focus (i.e., you exit out and open another app). And it forces you to listen to its music. Drove me nuts.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
What shop game is it you are all going on about? Can I play without internet?

Also you should all try Card Crawl. I'm really enjoying it. The unlock felt a little pricey but I keep playing it on my commute!

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

InShaneee posted:

My favorite are the self-important weirdos who hold their ratings hostage. "Rated 1 star for now, will give 5 stars once you add [completely unrelated feature]."

I love these reviews. So helpful.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Konsek posted:

I'm really enjoying Sproggiwood. gently caress those fish though. Bastards.

Hardest part of the game honestly.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

mrkillboy posted:

Ski Safari 2 is out on the Play Store.

gently caress. Yes.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Monohydrate posted:

It's really zoomed in, too. I don't like this one. :(

I was so excited and then I played it and honestly I'm not happy with it

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Pixel Dungeon was written up with some great tips a couple months ago in this thread. I found it very helpful and much of it still applies after the updates.

Also try Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I play it pretty much exclusively over vanilla now.

As for the armor tip, you can't wear armor heavier than your strength without being penalized. It takes longer to move, which therefore increases the amount of food / hunger you will consume as you move. You can still put the heavy armor on when fighting, just avoid moving with it on.

Food: don't eat food as soon as you are hungry or starving. Often you can get by just eating dew drops you find on the first levels. Really helps extend your food supply. I often don't have to eat for the first couple floors until I get hurt bad in a fight (crabs!).

Hope that helps a bit. Lastly, don't be afraid to use scrolls and potions as you find them. You'll figure out how to ration them as you get more experience with the game.

When you fight the goo, choose a spot where you are in water but the goo is not. You need the water to wash away it's acid attack and water will also allow it to regen.

Remember to look for the hidden room on level 5 in Shattered for the Rat King. He has a bunch of treasure chests.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

FredMSloniker posted:

Is there a strategy for dealing with piranha rooms in Pixel Dungeon other than saying NOPE and turning around?

There is always a potion of invisibility on those floors. FYI they don't give any experience so not even worth fighting them. Just pop in, grab the treasure chest and get out.

Same with the rooms with a treasure chest and a bunch of traps blocking it. There is always a potion of levitation

Lastly, if you find those rooms blocked by wood or a library, you will always find a potion of fire (or whatever its called).

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Pixel Dungeon
Puzzle Forge (1 and 2)
Knights of Pen and Paper RPG

Shattered pixel dungeon.

Sprouted pixel dungeon

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Tunga posted:

Incompatible with N5, N7 and N10. What, exactly, am I supposed to run it on?

That's the puzzle! I'll see myself out.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Pixel Dungeon and its variants (I prefer Shattered)

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Is the FFT port good? Should I pick it up? A lot of the reviews bitching that it doesn't work.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Crashlands is done by the same dudes who did Quadropus Rampage. As soon as I saw the art style I knew it was them. Instant buy.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I've almost exclusively moved on to Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I suggest starting there

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Knifegrab posted:

This is probably old news but I finally 100% disco zoo. I didn't spend a dime, all free. Took a long time but I got diamond statues for days.

Hoooly poo poo that's bringing me back. Congrats dude.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
All those links say "item not found". What country are you in?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I'm really enjoying lost frontier. If you're a fan of the advanced wars style you should definitely pick it up. Thanks whoever pointed it out.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Lost Frontier's difficulty curve got steeeep after like mission 10 or so. I'm on I think Mission 15 (where the vampires first show up) and I am getting my rear end handed to me. That said - the set up doesn't really seem fair. Anybody else having trouble?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
FTL isn't on Android (yet? Hopefully?)

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Pro strategy football is pretty great.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
For card games check out
Guild of Dungeoneering
Card Crawl

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
You're playing Shattered Pixel Dungeon right?

Also check out Hoplite

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
How is snowboard party? Anyone try that?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

mrkillboy posted:

After getting quite a bit of praise earlier this year on other platforms, 1979 Revolution: Black Friday, a Telltale-esque adventure game set during the Iranian Revolution is now out for Android.

Also out is Tiny Rails, a nice looking idle game/sim in the same vein as Pocket Trains.

Dude thanks for always posting these new releases.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Potsticker posted:

Mentioning it in this thread since I've talked about Fairune a bunch in this thread previously, but the sequel which is 3DS-only at the moment is on sale for $5.99 and it's really, really good.

Really, really good.

Can you link it? I can't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Oh I thought you meant Fairune 2 was on Android and on sale. I misunderstood