Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Drone posted:

Just got a Note 9 and sad to see that King of Dragon Pass is apparently incompatible with it (either because of the device itself or because of Android 8, not sure which).

Any decent suggestions for a game to play on a transatlantic flight with no internet access, since that was sorta my "dive into this game for hours" fallback.

Guild of dungeoneering, downwell, oxenfree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Nm

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Toy Odyssey is on Android and it's a similar kind of game except it's not nearly as fast or precise as Dead Cells and it's still difficult to control

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Maybe it'll play itself like lineage

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Applied to the epic 7 guild as WharfRat

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Motorsport Manager 3, Don't Starve, and Farming Simulator 18 are all also a buck each

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
The new assassin's creed f2p is pretty darn good, but I'm not sure when or if you hit the paywall

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

OhFunny posted:

XCOM is on sale for $1.99 for those who like FFT's gameplay.

This is a really good port once you figure out the bizarre way they handle height with touch control

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

taiyoko posted:

How are the touch screen controls for Farming Simulator 18? If I get it, it's going on my tablet, but I don't wanna spend my survey bucks on something I'm just gonna drop because the controls are terrible.

Out of the box, there's a throttle on the right hand side of the screen you slide with your thumb, and turning is done by tilting your device. It works fine, but there's also a non-gyro turning scheme. Things like hitching equipment are simple toggles, and the game knows what you're trying to do, so if you pull your harvester up to the dump truck and honk, it'll pull alongside and empty your grain automatically, etc.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Free Cheese posted:

Anyone try the assassins creed bobble head game

It's surprisingly good, I've gotten pretty into it

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Applied to Grand Chase as WharfRat

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
They're not RPGs, but the only idle games that have stayed on my phone are Kittens Game and Spaceplan. Although the latter has a definite ending, it's so good.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Holedown for sure

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Rome Total War and XCOM are both good

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

The Sean posted:

Actually, Shadowruns just up and loving disappeared. I couldn't find my game this morning in my library, as I was going to re-download. It was gone. I did some searching and Google pulled them for some reason and the company hasn't put it up to match their new standards. The company was emailing players back saying they would work on one up to Google's new code, but this was about 200 days ago. I'm pretty pissed that I don't get a refund.

EA did that with Jade Empire as well. One of the new Android versions broke their game, so instead of fixing it, they just stopped letting you download it anymore. Real lovely practice.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Fowlst is similar to downwell

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Cultist Simulator is coming out on April 2. If you pre-register before it comes out, you'll be able to buy it for $4.99 instead of the normal $6.99

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Thumper is $2.99 right now. Great price.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I can't tell the price because I already own it, but Templar Battleforce is on sale. Trese Bros srpg

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tresebrothers.games.battlefrontelite

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

5 bucks. What can you tell us about it?

60 hour campaign, you have an army of mechs, it's pretty complex, I'd say more than the newer xcom games. If you've played Star Trader, it takes place in the same universe

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Every day when I get home from work, Google asks me if I bought anything at work. Then it gives me money. I figured eventually it would figure out that I work there, but eight months later it's still wondering what I'm up to at the grocery store every day.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, why wouldn't it be? Instead of clicking your mouse, you touch the screen. Works quite well.

It's impossible to fish in the console versions

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Yeah, they may have adressed it in a patch, but early on, once you lost inertia on the PS4, your icon would bury itself at the bottom of the bar and by the time you got it going again, the fish was gone

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Make sure you have a larger screen if you want to play Card Quest. The text is super blurry on smaller screens

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I think I keep cultist simulator paused about 90% of the time. I only spin the plates when I absolutely have to. I also suck at it, so

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
The major difference between Witcher gwent and stand alone gwent is that in the stand alone, there are only 2 rows per side and you can put any unit on any row you want (no melee/ranged/siege placement restrictions.) Certain cards can then have melee and/or ranged attacks, front row being melee attacks.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
There's also thronebreaker, which is a single player 40+ hour RPG using the modern gwent mechanics

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Maybe don't give those guys ad views, that's literally a bootleg StS. Get Pirates Outlaws instead, it's a buck and while the mechanics are similar, it's at least an original ruleset and card collection, and not a flat rip off.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Do you guys mean unequip everybody or unequip everything? Because the character page has an unequip everything button

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Braking Gnus posted:

So I have 11ish Google bucks, and have been thinking about getting one of the old school jrpgs that the play store has to offer. Any horrible ports I should avoid, or stand out great games that work really well with touchscreen? I don't have a tablet, and phone isn't the best or biggest.

Final fantasy 9 does not work on a lot of phones. For some reason, when two dialog boxes overlap during the fake fight at the beginning, it crashes the game. It's been known for like half a year with no fix

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
It's also like $15 for a 10 pull and there's no rarity guarantees. The game is a total rip if you pay

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Resdfru posted:

I can't wait for the free diamonds in apology. Wish this game had more issues tbh

600 this time. Not bad

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

FistEnergy posted:

Tropico has been released. $12 is kinda steep though and I never played any of the games. Anyone buy it yet?

I love Tropico but I don't see how it can work on mobile. Even on the fastest speed, progress crawls because you can't just build something, you have to rely on the whims of your construction crew to fit it in between church and drinking at the bar. I will regularly just let the game run on cheetah speed for ten minutes while I do something else and hope my construction queue is finished when I get back.

It's a people simulator more than a city simulator. Your goal is to make the guy who carries your exports to the dock to keep voting for you. Or to put your opponent in prison on trumped up charges so there's no election to begin with. Any city building is just a means to maintain power.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Are there any open slots in the afk guild? I just broke through the level 100 wall, looking to finally get going and not be stuck in a pubbie guild with like 30 inactive accounts

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Has anyone been following Second Galaxy? I've been pretty pumped about an EvE-like on my phone, and people that played the closed beta are saying it's basically 80% EvE.

I tried to sneak into the actual EvE game that was in beta in Australia, but I could never get it to work since I'm from the US, and I didn't feel like ju.ping through all the VPN/foreign Google account hoops to get it working.

Has anyone played, or plan on playing either game?

Second Galaxy just popped up on the US play store

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I enjoy playing Second Galaxy with the sound on because now I know blood relationships won't tell lies.

Gonna apply to the guild as arms akimbo

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Gonna apply to afk in an hour as WharfRat. There appears to be a slot open.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Haha, I've been in like five guilds already, I keep leaving them to sign up then the slots get taken and I join another random one. No biggie. Thanks for the heads up.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Applied to afk as WharfRat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
So what's this tower defense thing they added to afk?