Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

I've been playing Zynga's Empires and Allies. It's fun, but really only makes me Jones for an android port of C&C Generals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

I've been Unixing too long.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

Android needs a special review code for "doesn't work on my 12 year old Ericson phone 1 star" posts because it makes it hard to judge/read any useful reviews about the game itself.

I also want a filter for "fix this one minor thing that I don't like and I'll rate 5 stars" bullshit.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

EA took down the original broken Peggle a long time ago (without bothering to fix it) and replaced it with a F2P game called Peggle Blast.

Most of the reviews I've seen are making GBS threads on it pretty hard.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

I had a pretty big gap in the last month, but then I got 3 this weekend.

All depends on what marketers are looking for when you are where you happen to be.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

It's amazing what people will do when the check is big enough.

Actually it's not. Because yeah.

I'm assuming, once you get past the handholding, you're going to hit a point that's basically a paywall.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Burrito Bison is fun as poo poo. Not sure on the cake mechanic, though. Am I supposed to do something specific, or is it about maintaining speed?

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Re: Burrito Bison - upgrades are a little pricey, but considering you can get a few pinatas every three hours (and by that I mean it's at set times, not three hours since the last time you opened it), you start to get a lot of income after a while. I'm typically buying something every few runs.

Caught a flash-sale for no-ads this morning and burned some rewards credits. Much better experience now, especially since some of the ads were the stupid minigame bullshit that drives me loving mad.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

sleepwalkers posted:

Regarding the minigame ads, I don't think I've ever run across one that you HAVE to play. Every game that I've seen using those either has a countdown timer from 30 seconds, or the "X" to close it pops up after a certain amount of time. Maybe I'm just lucky, but hopefully that helps someone who might not notice they're more or less just typical ads.

In this set in particular, I haven't seen the x pop up until after I had done at least 3 things in-game. What you're describing is what I see in Futurama: Game of Drones, and I don't mind that as much.

Irrelevant now, however.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Gen 2 Pokemon Go update is out and live. Caught a Spinarak in my front yard already.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

About loving time. I was starting to think it wouldn't make Q1.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Saw an ad for a game that reminded me of the old Spy Hunter vertical arcade scroller from my youth. I'd love to see a port of that, some time, provided they keep the chiptunes Peter Gunn theme.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

The free Sega apps require your Google Play demographic information and email address if you want to save your game lolllllll

Are you from the past?

How else do you expect to pay for the free stuff?

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

An sad attempt to cash in on 80s nostalgia.

Stranger Things was loving awesome. You're just wrong.

Relevant: still trying to figure out if I like Pocket Mine 3 yet.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

he is very clearly a red panda :mad::mad::mad:

The information panel for Red Pandas at the local zoo says that there is still debate on their classification and whether they belong closer to raccoons or pandas.

Edit: gently caress my stupid

AlexDeGruven fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 12, 2018

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Trastion posted:

I think your thinking of another thread...

Goddammit. And here I was going good for 10 loving years.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

So, what IS everyone's favorite picross game these days?

I've been playing Hungry Cat, but the interstitial stuff is annoying me and IDGAF about buying poo poo for cats.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Len posted:

What is sick time?

I work at a place with a "no fault" system. You get ten attendance points before you get fired. Missing a day is one and clocking in/out between a minute and 4 hours is .5.

So if you're going to be late and get there at 8:01 other than lost pay you get penalized the same for turning around and going home and coming back at noon.

At 6 or 7 points they give you a two day unpaid suspension in the middle of the week so you can think about what you've done.

The points stick around for a year.

I worked in a place with the points system a while ago. It's loving bullshit. They talk about how fair it is because it treats everything the same, but it all breaks down once you put any real thought into it. Especially once you learn that the first-level supervisors and up get a 'regular' system for PTO/Sick/etc.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Honey Im Homme posted:

Fun game ruined by IAPs and timed crates.

Yes and no. I get my rear end beat now and then by someone who clearly spent a shitton of cash, but even that's not a substitute for a bit of good strategy.

I've beat up on people using whatever the latest massive crate balls and super-high level clubs because I actually plan my shots and think about where I want to put the ball, rather than just smashing the drive as far as possible and having to dig out of the sand/take a drop.

I tend to stick to the tournaments, anyway, since those are more dependent on your score than winning/losing.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Oh I'm sure there's a disclaimer in there somewhere that all the girls are 18 and the team is tied to a local community college.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Aramoro posted:

They're 1000 year old football demons/Aliens who through an amusing mixup play football disguised as small girls.

Ahh yes. See? Perfectly fine.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

I'll take Elite Dangerous on my phone over EvE on my phone any day.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Kegslayer posted:

it's petty as gently caress.

Chinese authorities patrol Tiannenman Square with umbrellas and open them in front of cameras is people try and snap pictures. Petty is just scratching the surface with that government.

In actual content, is anyone still playing Animation Throwdown? My guild isn't very good, and I'd rather join a going one if it's out there.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

M2tt posted:

The control system is simple, smooth, easy to use time, good companion, proper and good sound effect really do very intentional feeling, support poisonous, use addiction, can be, very good ah.

This is what happens when you go cheap on buying your reviews.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Why wouldn't they accommodate and incentivize (sp?) the whales. They're going to spend already, might as well give them more reason.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

I'm all caught up on Hungry Cat, waiting for the next Tuesday puzzle. It's got a ton of content that should keep you busy for a few months.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

NPR Journalizard posted:

Also pokemon go, but Settlers of Catan

I'd be down, but trying to imagine the mechanics is making me lol

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

I had one kid and a Verizon Fascinate when this game launched.

Still gonna play the poo poo out of this.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

The "I finally found the game" ad for Evony that will not stop showing up on youtube has some real fuckin bad lip syncing

When your ad agency is Fiverr...

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

WebDO posted:

Didn't they make this mine Bitcoin in the background for the programmer or some equally dumb poo poo?

They didn't have it mining anything... yet. But they got bought by a crypto firm, and installed a wallet by default. It's still removable, last I checked (my desktop is in storage while we redo my basement floor after a flood). They're insistent on not creating an ad-free usage path, however, which is more frustrating than anything. For the utility, I'd easily pay $50+.

When I'm booted to Fedora, Waydroid works well enough, fortunately. And without the insane ads.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

It's a tower, just blow a hole in the base with some black powder and watch it fall over

No, no, no. You have to enter in and blow The Horn of Eld.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Len posted:

Hungry cat nonograms doesn't like my new phone, what's a good alternative while I wait for an update

I think it's something in Android 14. Ran into the same thing after I updated. I'd better not miss my Tuesday puzzle.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Royal Match is nice if for no other reason than there's no ads.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

I really liked that goon-made game "Roaming Fortress". It was kind of a reverse tower defense where you rode a giant animal and shot at the encampments as you went along.

It required Adobe Air, and I don't think it's been updated in forever. But it looked really good on a high-res tablet at the time.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Royal Match is pretty good. And it doesn't have ads, which is nice. The building mechanic is meh, but also optional.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

lol, I'm only in the 700s

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Crazy, right?

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

New Leaf posted:

...that game I keep seeing advertised with a king about to get boiled alive or drown in a sewer or something? That game is good?

It's not bad. Basic matching like Candy crush, etc. But no ads and doesn't continually hound you for IAPs.

You don't even need to do the kingdom building to progress.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Royal Match: Playing with all the balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Dumped my weak team and requested as ADG