Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I installed Hearthstone. Doesn't run super well on my Nexus 4, but hopefully there will be some performance tweaks. It gave me a free pack for playing a game on an Android phone. I opened it and found :supaburn: Ragnaros :supaburn:

For those who don't play, it's a really good, really rare card. Not something I was expecting at all :D

Lots of people in the Hearthstone thread have been pulling Legendaries out of their free iPhone/Android packs, I got Al'Akir myself :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Slo-Tek posted:

Use it on upgrades, that is what it is for. You'll almost certainly have plenty to spare by the time you have upgraded everything, and still not finished the first runthrough.

I finished the first run through with plenty of upgrades still to get, and I was always starving for dust... Second time through might be different.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Deakul posted:

Are there any other word games that are similar to it? I'm not too crazy about crossword puzzles but I dig stuff like scrabble.

Like Xtanstic said, Spelltower. It's generally harder, and there aren't any cartoon characters, but I've had it on my phone/s for years. It was in a Humble Bundle a while ago, but it's worth the money anyway.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

cyberia posted:

I've been enjoying Alphabear lately (from the people who made Triple Town) but are there any similar Boggle-like games that don't require an internet connection to play? I don't mind paying a few dollars for the right game.

Try Spelltower.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Meatwave posted:

Alphabear is great for teaching kids how to read and write, except when you have 5 letters left on a perfect game and they are UNCTY. I swear that the devs made it so that the letters that will help you spell terrible words are more likely to drop.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Antti posted:

I can't get past the animal chapter boss in Alphabear. I've tried something like ten times and I've once managed to get within 1000 points of the golden egg limit. So many goddamn Ys and you need to clear all of them or your bear won't be big enough.

How big are the bonuses on the bears you're using? I think I had 3 bears giving over 300% final bonuses each and I got it on my second try (just yesterday). I have been stuck on the Animal Chapter for a long time though.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

hooah posted:

Well, this is loving fantastic. Hitman Sniper evidently doesn't use Google Play Games's cloud sync, even after you sign in to the service. I don't feel like redoing those hours of playing.

Neither does Hitman: Go. I got up to the final levels and my tablet broke: all progress gone.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Potsticker posted:

Lara Croft Go is pretty fun, but the puzzling is pretty simple until the final set of stages with the crystal monsters. Not as braindead as Monument Valley, but still rather easy. The last set of stages also sort of play around with expected puzzling logic too, which was fun. (as in like, looking at the elements and figuring out the order to do things based on placement/adding stuff in that isn't necessarily used in the solution) I also like that when replying stages to get any missed treasures you can just exit out after tapping the pots instead of needing to complete the stage again.

Yeah I'm in the second stage at the moment, and its definitely not as challenging as Hitman Go but I think it's more fun to play, its really well put together.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Shwqa posted:

For the pocket morty

The recipe list has already been discovered, here is the list if you want it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PocketMortys/comments/40roix/recipes/

Oh thanks, I was wondering how to get more Manipulator chips.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Stall_19 posted:

Man, the expansion of Lara Croft GO is much harder than the first section. It's fun though, I like hard puzzles.

The cave of fire? I had to resort to a walkthrough for part of level 5 and then I felt dumb because I was pretty close to the solution myself. It's really good though.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

flatluigi posted:

I just got a nice tablet after being stuck with a lovely old underpowered phone for ages and I'm hopelessly behind on any good games for it. What have been your overall highlights for your all time favorite Android games? Anything can be fair game, honestly.

80 days if you haven't played it already.

Also I'm quite enjoying replaying Baldurs Gate II, 13 years or so after I first played it on PC.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Pr0phecy posted:

How does Baldurs gate 2 or IWD play on tablets? I'm eyeing it but wary of a clunky and slow experience (Samsung Galaxy Tab S)

I have a Tab S and BG2 runs perfectly.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Anyone here beaten Spellspire? I've beaten level 100 (top of the tower), but there are also now 'Underground' levels which each have 5 stages, of which I'm down to level 8. Anyone know how far down it goes? It doesn't appear to be randomly generated.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Knightmare posted:

I got to 13 before I stopped.

In that case I'm guessing it goes down to 20 to mirror the 'up' levels, but so far there doesn't seem to be any incentive to keep going down.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Any suggestions for recent word- or number-based puzzle games? Had a lot of fun with Word Brain, Spelltower etc in the past. Any recommendations for Sudoku apps?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Did you ever play that word game with the blocky bears? Seriouspost, I just can't remember the name. You make words out of the letterzavailable on the grid, Boggle-style, thus consuming them, and the space you clear turns into bears. At the end, they use one of the words you made, offensive or not, as a madlib. It's great fun!

Yes I remember that one, I played the heck out of it I think about a year ago? I liked it a lot, just wondering what the latest puzzle games people are playing are.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

I recommend b-line for the north pole for the "circle the pole and come back" route. Holy poo poo its really good and an example of other crazy things that can happen.

It's an awesome storyline, but I'm pretty sure you can't complete it if you don't manage to buy/trade for the right clothing. I managed it once but never after that.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Antti posted:

I was able to do it with just regular non-winter clothes. But the word of warning from me is that you don't have to circumnavigate by going around the North and South Poles. It's enough to go to the North Pole and then you can head back to London right away. I suppose the idea is that the wager doesn't specify the latitude at which you need to circumnavigate.

Oh that's the only way I've done it, I didn't even know you could get to the South Pole. Must be time for a replay...

I remember a rumour that it was possible to get to the Moon, did anyone ever manage it?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Konsek posted:

Thank goodness. It got to the point where I mindlessly deleted them and always realised too late when one came up I could actually help with, my fingers were faster than my brain.

The crafted gear I get seems dodgy. I'm crafting at level 30 now but haven't had any gloves since the blacksmith was level 6. Yet I've had the same crowbar pick 5 times with better stats, the same worm crate boots several times and the same chest detection hat multiple times. Those three things over and over, never anything else. What's everyone else's crafting like?

My crafting level is 15 but seems mostly varied, I do get the same Nitramine Kicker boots a lot though.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Yeah I'm wrestlin'. 321147.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Does this wrestling game have any kind of fairness to the mumtiplayer match making? Almost all of my guys are 2-star and I get constantly wrecked by 4-star opponents. I've only just barely won one game against someone who didn't seem to know how to play, and even their wrestlers were all 3-stars.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

What are the good new quick puzzle games? I'm done with Wargames and Typeshift, and Baikoh is just another Letterfall. I need a new fix! Any sort of game with quick levels would be good. Bonus points if it has an actual ending like Wargames.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

Have you played pathpix?

Just played through the lite version, don't think I'll carry on to the full game. Thanks for the suggestion though!

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Tunga posted:

A few that are a little different:
Blendoku / Blendoku 2 (colour pattern game, kind of zen, bad in sunlight though)
Euclidea / Pythagorea (geometry puzzle games)
Flappy Golf 2 (not exactly a puzzle game but puzzley in nature)

I've played those first ones and they didn't hold my attention long. Flappy Golf seems like a winner for now though!

I also found Jump Drive which is kind of like that Color Switch game that was big a couple of years ago, but it's a bit easier and has more actual progression.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Coming this spring: Jurassic Park GO!.

I thought for a second this might be a puzzle game like Hitman Go or Tomb Raider Go, but nope it's a weird Pokémon Go clone...

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Has anyone played Death Squared? It's on sale at the moment and I was wondering if it was worth picking up.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

crack mayor posted:

Any tips for Reigns: Her Majesty? Most of my games seem like I'm trying not to die, rather than achieving any goals. I started playing with responses a bit more, but is there anything else I should be trying or paying attention to?

What are your current quests? I think I'm about half way through it.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

crack mayor posted:

Recruit the witch, reign for 60 years, and pass the sainthood test. Stats wise, it looks like I'm in the same boat. Half the objectives fulfilled, and half the deaths. About 10 more characters to meet. It seems like some of it, I should just look up astrology and tarot.

Spoilers, maybe: have you used the spell book on the cat? Also, is the only point of the maze to change your sign? I guess signs really affect how you should play that particular life.

Yeah I think I'm a bit further ahead than you. About the cat: You're right, and it opens up another storyline. About the maze: There are more significant things that happen in the maze, but you should find out about those naturally. You pass the sainthood test by using a certain item when you max out your religion influence. I haven't done the 60 years one but you have to use another item when you hit the 41 year cap to even be able to do it.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Burning Rain posted:

there's also Lost in the Dungeon and Meteorfall. Card Quest is probably the meatiest one of the three, although it's considerably different from Slay the Spire and Dream Quest (which is on iPhone as well as the other DQ-like Monster Slayers).

Meteorfall is a lot of fun.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Just read Alto's Odyssey is finally releasing on Android next week, and it's confirmed to be free (although more than likely ad-supported).
Alto's Adventure is still one of my favourite Android games so I can't wait for this.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noodlecake.altosodyssey

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Norton posted:

I don't get ads on that picross game either for some reason.

I get a pop-up ad for Pro Evo Soccer after every single puzzle. It's super annoying because there's a slight delay and if I'm trying to click for the next puzzle more often than not the ad will pop juuust as my finger hits the screen and then I get redirected.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

a_good_username posted:

Too late now this thread is about neo-Calvinist theology

Thread was due a title change anyway.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Xtanstic posted:

I must be bad because I keep stalling on wave 3. My best is 4th wave. I can't seem to twig on what I should be focusing on with my upgrades.

If nothing else I go for increasing Max Armour, but the skills that let you collect all of one type of tile are great, as are Flight and Smash. I also like the one that lets you accumulate over 100% HP.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Has anyone got any good word puzzle games they've been playing lately?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Aramoro posted:

So I played on a bit in Warriors of Waterdeep...

Yeah this was my experience as well, complete waste of time. What made me uninstall it though was it sending me a push notification despite having notifications turned off in the game settings. Can't stand that more than anything.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Anyone else playing Rush Wars? Ive just gotten to level 3 and unlocked teams. Anyone started an SA one yet?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Few pages back someone recommended Puzzle Page but that app totally dominates my phone battery... Anyone know any other puzzle collection type apps?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Dancer posted:

Like, I tend to just assume everyone knows of this, but just in case, Simon Tatham's puzzles is evergreen.

Never heard of it, thanks!

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

I sent requests to the Mario kart IDs posted on this page, mine is 106837034179. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would! I played a lot on N64 so it's cool to have some of the old tracks around.

victorious fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

In Mario Kart, what are the badges next to people's names in the friends list? I don't have one and haven't seen anywhere to select one...