Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I managed to take him down the first try but drat the dude hits like a truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Morter posted:

Okay so I suddenly got the itching for a cardbuilder game...but the only cardbuilder game I've ever played is Pokemon TCG for the gameboy...and it's mostly what I want.

That said, are there any single player game where you build decks against AI, and get rewarded with drops--or currency to buy booster packs? The only game I know like that is Card City Nights but...I'm not the hugest fan of that.

Maybe try a GBA or DS emulator and get a YuGiOh game? That's probably the best option.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anyone play Warhammer Quest? I have fond memories of Heroquest and apparently that's a successor?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Drone posted:

That thing made my Nexus 7 burn like hell.

I can't get it to install on my phone. It keeps erroring out.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Warhammer Quest went up in price. Now instead of need 8 cents I need another 2.50 :(

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

It's free?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Drone posted:

New Humble Mobile Bundle is Games Workshop stuff... at least a couple of which is already f2p to begin with? (Space Wolf is f2p and Warhammer: the App is a free advertising app).

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile

God drat it. I literally just bought Warhammer Quest yesterday.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Do we have a Walking Dead faction?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

for walking dead my region is bacon (en) and my code is wvxvqbbnd

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

i dont see your region in the list either. how many bacon players ww got? I can maybe get one started there.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I made a faction on Bacon (en).

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is there a trick to getting red dudes in Walking Dead? I can't seem to scrape up any.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

KoldPT posted:

nice, my code is MMQ-RBQ-QYV

You've been invited

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Roid666 posted:

Restarted walking dead on Bacon. Was only lvl 5. Code is DGX-HCW-NBH if there is room. Thanks!

You joined a different faction ):

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

ModeSix posted:

Hey Everyone!

I'm going to be running an alpha/beta test for an upcoming puzzle game I will be releasing within the next couple of months.

I'd like to invite you guys to test out the game for me.

The first phase of testing is going to be focused on the interface and general aesthetic of the game and the second phase will focus on level balancing for difficulty and progression.

I'd like to have about 10 or 20 people testing to give feedback.

The testing will likely start in about two weeks, right now I am doing in-house testing with people I actually know.

Anyone who helps test will get a free copy of the game when it releases (a $1 or $2 value! :v:).

If you're interested in helping me test the game drop an email to admin@mode6.net and I'll send you an invite to the google group for the testing.

I like puzzles. Sent you an email.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Snowmankilla posted:

I am loving this. Fun, good progression.

I'm really tempted to throw the 99 cents at it and remove ads. They're super unobtrusive but the fact the game lets me do that is nice. I've been playing Hammer Quest on my poop breaks and it doesn't let you do that and I would gladly pay to remove ads. I've dumped like 10 drat hours into the thing. It's super simple and not very deep but it's timed just perfect for bathroom breaks.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

In Soda Dungeon I found a drop that made spells cost 1. I'm in the second dimension now and I don't know where I found it. Anyone know what floors I should be grinding?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I spent my day at work queuing up dudes and just letting them go. I couldn't really micro them because I had things to do but I ended up with a shitload of gold and a team of healer, three thieves, and a knight made it to floor 270 on auto which kind of shocked me.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Digfender eats my battery like crazy. Goddamn.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

How is Call of Ctlhulhu Wasted Land? I've wanted it for ages and have the fun bux to get it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I just got a new phone and apparently Soda Dungeon didn't save to the cloud? Did I do it wrong or do I have to start over?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anyone try cosmonautica? It sounds fun but so did that other space game Star Command or whatever it was called.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is Talisman worth $2.22?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I'm not liking how I can't turn off battle animations. Also seconding a lack of morty chips. Anyone find any recipes yet?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

New Leaf posted:

Does anyone know if you have to force it to Save to Cloud every time or if it's constantly doing that in the background?

I've closed the app and never saved and it keeps my place.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Funkmaster General posted:

You can let yourself black out to get back to the citadel, if you want. There's no real penalty as far as I can tell, other than missing out on the stuff in that dimension (since the next time you go into the portal, you'll end up in a newly generated one).

Good to know I can grind Morty levels that way. Also there's already a subreddit for the game because of course there is.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Junkie Disease posted:

After a few hours of pocket mortys I can say you are better served with just about everything on the 3ds.

Yeah this game is pretty underwhelming and super samey.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

My go to f2p game is currently Tribez & Castlez. It's one of those city building games that's based around timers but it doesn't need an internet connection to play and you can change your phone time to speed things up. The actual iaps are insanely overpriced.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anyone ever try Star Chindy? It looks neat and is on sale

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Serious Frolicking posted:

as this thread has so amply demonstrated with the star trek discussion, we are completely the target audience.

Hey at least this thread wasn't full of people who sideloaded the game while it was still in limited release beta and immediately started dropping money like with Star Trek. I'm not sure if that means Avengers is better or worse than Trek though.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Morpheus posted:

What's a good timer-based game where you build a farm/town/business/whatever? I'm looking for something in the vein of Simpsons tapped out, or Farmville or whatever that isn't trash or terrible without IAP. Just something I can open up, play for ten minutes to start some construction or whatever, and put away.

I've played all of Nimblebits offerings, and Hay Day, and a few others I don't really recall.

I've been playing The Tribez and Castlez. It's a city builder game with timers. Quite playable without spending money too and you can skip your phone clock forward to speed them up. It also doesn't need a network connection which is a plus.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Morpheus posted:

I actually played that one a lot to the point where I beat the campaign (or came close, I don't quite remember). It was alright, but there was something about it I wasn't too happy with. I think the premium currency took forever to get enough of to do something with - like, you might get a few a day, then need a hundred to do anything worthwhile.

Yeah the premium currency is awful. I debated spending fun bux on it but the exchange rate is way too high for me to want to.

Edit: Any of the Kemco RPGs actually worth playing? Another Humble Bundle full of them is up.

Len fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 15, 2016

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

New Leaf posted:

So I decided to throw down cash on King of Dragon Pass after everyone has raved about it for so long and good loving lord what have I gotten myself into? Does anyone have a tutorial-beyond-the-tutorial, because this game is complicated as gently caress. I could see really playing this on Steam or something I guess, but goddamn..

I read the two LPs in the archive. Between the two of them the mechanics mostly just kind of appear although those are based on the old version that's on GOG. After playing a shitload of it on my phone I did drop the money to buy the steam version because it plays way better with a mouse.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Anyone know anything about this? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gaijindistr.theabandoned It's apparently a trending news article but I don't want to drop $2 on a survival game what with how many absolutely terrible ones there are.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

King of Dragon Pass would keep you busy

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

What's the most reliable and safe say to download apks? I don't know if I want to trust the many things that Google turns up

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Rapner posted:

He's probably just trying to install PAD outside USA.

I want to put Card Hunter on my phone since it's tablet only.

Nice to know people instantly assume I'm trying to steal stuff though :smith:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

My Egyptian pyramid now has three minotaurs working on it. I'm learning so much history.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Brasseye posted:

I really wish there wasnt a timer on this game.

I would pay for an unlimited lives IAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

They don't give a limit on the places I've been so while I haven't been to Nationwide in awhile I was there back in 2013 after my car got broken into.