Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Dungeon Raid: Goon made match 3 RPG. Pretty good break/pooping game.
Dungelot: A neat roguelike that has you tapping squares to explore. No loot weight restrictions/needing to eat/etc. makes it better than most other roguelikes.
Nimble Quest: Snake with an RPG twist to it. You pick up characters to grow your "snake".
MinuteQuest: I'm not sure what you'd classify this as, but it's pretty fun.
Twist My Jewels: A neat clone of famed puzzle game Bejeweled Twist. Has achivements, too.
AdVenture Capitalist: Fun idle/anti-idle game. Also recently added to Steam...
The Quest Keeper: Crossy Road meets RPG.
Weak Warrior: Hordes of monsters come at your stationary knight, and you kill them by tapping the left or right side of the screen when they get in range of your sword. Good for breaks/pooping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

Anything The Sims-like on Android? It doesn't have to be 'customize their nose hairs' or anything, just kind of a step back from the non-existent SimCity stuff and more of a focus on individual houses and people.

Well, there's The Sims™ FreePlay from EA...

FredMSloniker posted:

Also, can someone explain the thread title?

Google Opinion Rewards can use your location to send you surveys. Go into a Home Depot, get a survey about it, get free Play Store credits.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Niton posted:

Apparently The Enchanted Cave 2 came out yesterday, a few months after its kickstarter.The original was a pretty great, if short, flash game rogue-lite, and the Kongregate demo of the second promises more of the same.

I played the original on Kongregate, and enjoyed it. Played this there, too. It's a pretty darned good roguelike. I'm waiting for the Steam version, personally, but you can't go wrong with getting this version.

Knowing me, I'll probably end up with both.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It looks like Leo's Fortune is on sale for $0.99. I've heard good things, so I guess I'm gonna throw the GOR survey money I got for watching a video this morning at it.

coyo7e posted:

I somehow enabled Crossy Road to give me reminders. Now I want to kill myself as it likes to inform me that I have credits ready an hour before my alarm clock is set to wake me for work.

Please, how do I turn it off without deleting the game and cache and losing my unlocks? :(

Once you get dead, tap the Gear icon at the bottom of the screen to go in to Settings. In the 3x3 grid that appears, the bottom middle is named Reminders. Tap that. It should turn a lighter shade of blue, and disable them.

If that doesn't work, do what Kyrosiris said.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Suicide Pacmen posted:

If you're looking for a new PAD clone Dungeon Link is alright. The battle puzzle system seems pretty unique but also might drag the non-boss fights out longer than I'd like (there's an auto system but it isn't unlocked until later).

Shamelessly dropping my referral id in case anyone gives it a shot: 124-944-484

Yeah, it's interesting. Kind of weird, but in a good way.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

A port of the first Ys game, Ys Chronicles 1, has eased its way onto the Play Store.

And 5 of my SurveyBucks are gonna be thrown at it!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Use NCFZFUNJE8 to add Khel as a Hunger Quest ally.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

You sure the bundle wasn't on Steam? I think that's how I got it.

They just recently sold a version on the Store (not part of a Bundle) with 10,000,000 that, from what I can tell, includes Steam, Android, Mac, Windows, and Linux. I grabbed it from there.

If you did get it from a Humble Bundle, I think you have to install the Humble Bundle app on your phone to download it...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

The English version of Final Fantasy Tactics is finally out on the Play Store. Like the iOS version, its based on the 2007 PSP port.

I was gonna get it, but they hosed the reslution and squished the sprites to jam the touch screen controls on it. I'll stick to playing it via emulator.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Crossy Road is great. And they're working with Bandi Namco to make a new game, PAC-MAN 256.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Google Opinion Rewards got an update today. That update is:

Now Available In Brazil And Mexico.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It seems to be getting mixed reviews in the iOS Games thread.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So far, I'm pretty happy to stick with AdVenture Capitalist as my idle game.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

An interesting little game called Barcode Knight came out. Enter the dungeon, scan a barcode, and fight monsters.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Twitter superstar Pakalu Papito now has a game: Camel Ride.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If you're interested in breaking FFT, check out Orange Fluffy Sheep's LP.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Shwqa posted:

I have heard nothing but bad things. That includes on the game store. And the game store is a place where I have seen countless 4* reviews that said "game crashes whenever i try to play."

In addition to hearing that, I've also heard that it doesn't actually play like a Puzzle Quest game at all.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tinyn posted:

What is Zoombinis?

Nobody knows. But looking at the screenshots, I think it's a Lemmings clone...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wendell posted:

In making my party I discovered that this game doesn't have blackbelts. Okay.....

That's the upgraded version of the Monk.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wendell posted:

Okay, if you want to be pedantic then the game doesn't have monks. Geez.

Yes it does. Tap the character you want to replace with a Monk, and there's your Monk.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 20, 2015

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wendell posted:

Oh, okay. It was just scrolling through the four pre-created characters when I hit the arrows, not all the available classes. Thank you!

You're welcome. Now go make an All-Monk team, and punch everything to death! :black101:

(I'm sure I'm bad/wrong/etc. for playing it this way, but my team is always Fighter/Monk/White Mage/Black Mage)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

Not exactly. The Pokemon Company is a separate company to Nintendo and they've actually already have a game out on iOS (a port of the PC Pokemon Card Game), though this is certainly the first mobile game to be released that originally was a first party title on a Nintendo console. Nintendo have said their first mobile game (based on one of their own IPs) will be out by the end of this year though.

Yeah, Nintendo announced earlier this year that DeNA (pronounced D. N. A.), publishers of smash hit Final Fantasy Record Keeper, will be publishing mobile games for them.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

Pokemon Shuffle Mobile is out for anyone with access to the Japanese Play Store. Since all the screenshots and text is in English its safe to assume it'll probably be out in the West sometime soon.

Does it, like, download a ton of stuff in the background? Because I get the 4 Pokémon heads loading image, and then it just stops moving.

Edit
So, I had to turn off WiFi (I'm home, so data is automatically off), and let it sit for a minute or so, then I got a connection error. Turned WiFi back on, and tapped Retry, and it connected. Weird.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 24, 2015

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

So, I had to turn off WiFi (I'm home, so data is automatically off), and let it sit for a minute or so, then I got a connection error. Turned WiFi back on, and tapped Retry, and it connected. Weird.

I have to do this every time I want to play it on my phone, and sometimes, it still won't go through, and I have to kill it and try again. However, it won't go through on my tablet, a 2013 Nexus 7 running the latest version of Android. Weird.

On the plus side, I got out of the tutorial today, and the news messages thingy had a code for the DS version of the game, and a note that the DS version could generate a code for the mobile version. I gave my kid the DS code, but there's no new thingy with a code for my kid to give me, so I guess that means for now, only Japanese versions of the DS game can get codes. Ah well.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

stickyfngrdboy posted:

When you say 'automatically off' do you mean you turn it off yourself or do you have some magic thing that can do it when it connects to home WiFi? I'm very forgetful and often use loads of data allowance because I forgot to turn it off.

I do it manually, though you can use Tasker or IFTTT to do it for you.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

According to this AP Article, it's replacing the Amazon Free App Of The Day program.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Wendell posted:

I enjoy Pokemon Shuffle. I caught Mew!

MewBro! :hf:

Meanwhile, Wailord continues to tell me to gently caress off.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Just try arguing with that :colbert:

I'll argue with it, after I've put some thort into what I want to say.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ragequit posted:

Haha why? Oh God why. I was tempted to get Tactics when my Google credit got to that point.

Partly to stop cheaters from modding the game, but mostly to keep people from being able to download the game somewhere and sideload it instead of paying $25 for a $5-$10 port of a game.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ragequit posted:

Sheesh. Fortunately it's only $15, but that's still a bummer. Guess that suggestion is out then.

Yeah, I don't really have a problem with Squeenix's prices, but there are those who do. :shrug:

Shwqa posted:

I played ff tactics, ff5, and twewy on my ipad without Internet. I'm not sure if they added always connect to the android, but i kinda doubt it.

Oh. Well, that's good to know.

Also, happy birthday, Shwqa!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hooah posted:

When did the acronym change from ccg to tcg?

When the Pokémon card game came out.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

fondue posted:

Is there a Pokemon game for Android? My daughter had become interested in it and I couldn't find anything other than card games.

There's one Offical Pokémon game: Pokémon Shuffle Mobile, a phone version of the 3DS game. It has IAP, but they can be ignored.

Beyond that, there's nothing official yet. Pokémon Go will be coming out next year. Back in March, Nintendo announced they were teaming up with DeNA to make mobile games, with all existing Nintendo IPs included in the deal, so that might also bring a Pokémon game.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Niton posted:

Apparently AdVenture Capitalist's ad system broke horribly. If you play it and have anything less than an unlimited connection, :siren: CHECK YOUR DATA NOW :siren:

(from reddit)

I only play it over WiFi, and I almost never enable data, so I'm good. But thanks for the heads up.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Michaellaneous posted:

Wanna play shop heroes with some goon. Who here has a city, or is there a spreadsheet?

Thread with spreadsheet.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

ChiTownEddie posted:

Are any of these games in the new humble bundle worth playing? https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile

I read good things about Symphony Of The Origin and Eve Of The Genesis about 2 Android Games threads back. I think this one might be the first Bundle I pick up...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

In the KEMCO Humble Mobile Bundle, Legend of Ixtona is apparently an FFT type game.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Soda Dungeon came out a day early, after being pushed back from the 7th to the 12th.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kingdom Rush Frontiers is $0.99
Broken Age is $4.99
Monument Valley is $1.99
Tales From The Borderlands is Free

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Snowmankilla posted:

I am loving this. Fun, good progression.

I played it so long this afternoon that I drained my battery. I had no idea I had played it for so long...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I played Soda Dungeon way too much while home sick yesterday. My team got a massive boost once I finally unlocked Healers. Having to grind out the single-use heal items every fight was tedious as gently caress, and I hated how hitting a Drowsy Trap would basically end a run.

Once you unlock Knight, you're immune to Traps.