Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Deki posted:

Since it looks like we're having issues keeping goons together in shop heroes cities, I think I'm going to repeat my earlier offer:

I will give anyone 25k gold (minus the AH cut) so long as you promise really hard to invest it in your local goon town, preferably in the town hall.

dogtoucher#51556 will gladly participate in this product and/or service. My Town Hall will thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Deki posted:

Sorry, missed this. Simply put up an item (that isn't currently being traded) for 25k on the auction house, PM me or post here so I know what the gently caress I'm looking for, and I'll buy it.

The trick is going to be finding something that isn't currently being traded. I messed up one of my trade slots in an attempt.

EDIT: I put up a Great Mace for 25k. See if that shows up.

delfin fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 2, 2015

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Done, and invited Antilles with the slot that the Town Hall money opened up.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Malek posted:

Might do this since Shop Heroes is stuck on Loading for ad infinitum.

They pushed a hotfix, which gives a "Your client is out of date" even after updating, so now they're pushing another hotfix and waiting for Google Play to catch up.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I sent out a handful of Otisburg invites in Shop Heroes, so we'll see who gets the three open spots first. I can add at least one extra slot if needed.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Eej posted:

They added daily crafting quests that give you blueprints. Multiple blueprints can be turned in to buy recipes that normally only come from chests.

Though from a sample size of two sets, the blueprints so far are all fairly early level stuff (ones you could draw from plain chests).

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Speaking of goon things over in two weeks, if anyone's needing a Shop Heroes town, Otisburg has a slot open.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Tired Moritz posted:

how many goon towns are there anyway? it's so confusing.

Assuming that you mean Shop Heroes, there is a spreadsheet listing various towns here, which I don't know if anyone has been updating since it was last posted many pages ago.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Drunk Badger posted:

Any other recommendations for gamepads that work with non-rooted phones, or would be worth going through the root process for?

If you want to go on the cheap, bug your local GameStop to see if they have one of these left over:
Red Samurai

It's functional, works with my unrooted phone and Nexus 7, and five bucks is hard to beat.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I was an iPod guy for several years, then picked up a lovely Android tablet to try it out. While it wasn't one-to-one on every app, Android was remarkably robust in terms of what I found and continue to find there. Certainly more than enough to upgrade to a Nexus 7 and buy my wife her own Android tablet, figuring in as well both tablets combined cost less than half of a decent iPad.

Now, Windows Phone, _that's_ an app ghetto.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

mrkillboy posted:

Anyway, in other news yet again there's a new Mobile Humble Bundle out. The games this round are:

Deep Under the Sky
Botanicula
Haunt the House: Terrortown
Jelly Defense (BTA)
Dark Echo (BTA)
Fearless Fantasy (BTA)

I have DUtS from an Amazon freebie. Any of the others standing out? Fearless Fantasy looks quirky.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Sproggiwood question. Is the ending the same for Savage difficulty as for Normal?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Digging Soda Dungeon so far, but here's a question -- the games on my phone and my tablet seem independent. If I buy no-ads on one, will it register on the other?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Well, I tried it. On my tablet, no ads worked perfectly; I started up my phone with the same Google Play account, selected No Ads and it says "Could not complete transaction. Please try again shortly" without contacting Google Play. If I try buying something else on there (say, Max Stools) it contacts Google Play normally.

I'll have to play on it a bit to see if ads still show up there.

EDIT: They did at first. I put it down for a while, came back later and it recognized the purchase on the phone and updated it.

delfin fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 15, 2015

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Also, low level Golem Gear drops your stabby damage way down too.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

FredMSloniker posted:

e: also, the game seems to have a bad habit of crashing, at least on my tablet. Whenever you have the chance, quit to the title screen, as that saves your progress. I do it once as soon as I get back and once as soon as I'm geared to go out again.

Yeah, Soda Dungeon is a bit crashtastic on my old phone. If I start getting "Not responding" at any time it's time to bail as soon as I get control again. It's a shame, as it keeps me from running from level 1 to whenever in the background.

The Level 700 boss's gimmick is manageable but cheesy as hell.

Is there a specific level range for grinding out Dhronens? That's the best item in the game by my reckoning.
^^^ ninja edit -- that's why.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
For what it's worth, the Dhronen lvl 2 is busted on the current build. Dhronen 1 inflicts statuses, Dhronen 2 says it does but doesn't.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

FredMSloniker posted:

I've hit a brick wall in the form of the level 700 boss. His first action is to eliminate all non-Fighters from the group, and while I can get four Fighters through the previous floors with Healer backup, they can't out-damage him. I'm guessing the solution is to stack evade until he can't actually touch them, so where do I grind that kind of gear?

Alternative: Use Essences to jack up the Fighter's relic (which increases their stats). Then equip high-crit weapons like Forks or Assassin's Daggers. Repeat as needed until he drops.

twistedmentat posted:

How'd you do it? (400 boss) I don't have anything that puts poison on anything.

You can, however, get the Dhronen sword by that point which might put Burn on him and do 500 damage after his 650 heal. (I forget if that one's burn-vulnerable or not.) That should let you overwhelm him, especially since you don't have to worry about healing yourself once he starts Reforming over and over. Alternatively, grind out 100K gold and buy the soda for the Darkmage, which has a cheap confuse/poison spell. If you focus on raw damage (aka crits) you shouldn't have a big problem even without poison.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
An odd craving -- are there any decent Pachinko games on Android? Defining decent as:

* more attention paid to physics and gameplay than to heaving anime breast rewards
* not click-to-win easy, not YOU SHOT 10 BALLS! PAY $.99 OR WAIT 24 HOURS-tuned iapfests
* more pure Pachinko than Peggle-style

Anything?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
At least one Knight and one Thief are always useful, for trap avoidance, defense and loot collection. Thief is better if you're playing manually and using the steal skill, though eventually that is far outclassed by the gold boost equipment. Once you have Knight, Thief and Healer there's not much reason to use anyone else in the first 1000 floors, other than Level 700 (the Fighter boss).

Darkmages don't really come into their own until they get their relic. Having one your team prior to that isn't a horrible idea for the poison/confuse spell, but it is unreliable.

My main <L1000 strategy is simple; crank up crit % as high as I can (forks, assassin daggers) and have at least one Dhronen for status infliction.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

pappawurm posted:

Is anyone still playing shop heroes? The town of Otisburg is dead now.

Yeah, the combination of UI changes hosing my Facebook version and some of the gameplay changes made me cool on it and I'm sure others did too. Check the Shop Heroes thread for exodus details.

The good thing is that you take your contributions with you, so no real loss.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Knightmare posted:

It's been a while since this was mentioned but since I've been playing it everyday for 6 months I suppose I should plug Resources, a GPS-based economic/corporation simulator.

As strange as this is going to sound, even though it's GPS-based you don't need a data plan to actually play it. There is some fun to be had sucking up wifi wherever you go and hunting down good spots to drop mines. That's how I run it and I'm over a trillion bucks, all the factory types and I've only been attacked by one guy so far.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

slouch posted:

Is the gameplay for Granblue Fantasy deeper in any substantial way than Brave Frontier? From youtube videos it looks pretty similar. I tend to be into these types of horrible gacha games but I need something more than just spamming ultimate abilities every turn. I don't want to waste my time endlessly rerolling if it's not worth playing.

I'm also curious about this. I burned out on Brave Frontier in a big way, but I'm still plugging away on PAD and Shironeko and debating if I want to try Summoners War. I only have so many hatpin-to-the-frontal-lobe hours in my day, and the word "Mobage" gives me some shrieking Fantasica flashbacks.

delfin fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 1, 2016

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I sideloaded Bushido on my Nexus 7 2013. Plays fine and has a funky Fruit Ninja vibe to it.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
A simple question on Granblue before I expend effort on a Mobage game:

Is this the kind of mobile game where other players are opponents (aka bad memories of Fantasica, competing against whales in pay-to-win environments to get unit prizes that'd let me stand a chance in the next competition) or where whales can only help you and don't compete against you for resources (aka PAD / Shironeko)?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Well, I'll take a quick look over the characters of Granblue and

Might go in my "don't play in public places" folder near Soccer Spirits.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

mrkillboy posted:

Jewel Road is a new match 3 out with a really attractive art style and a unique diagonal sliding mechanic. Its free with no IAPs (it probably has ads though I assume).

I installed it, then played three levels. There was an ad after each. Oh well.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I started playing Seven Knights because I am weak. For as much as it begs you to buy things, the gameplay seems strangely unreliant on IAPing your way to victory. Is there any remaining goon presence on the Global server?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Calculords is awesome, IMHO. Can't wait for the sequel.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

the auschwitz diet posted:

Calculords had some annoying crashes and nonresponsive interface bugs for me but I loved it, is there really a sequel coming?

Seanbaby puts occasional hints out there.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Onean posted:

This is great, especially since when I last checked the people behind a dark room hadn't made an android version, just an iOS one. If you're looking for a low-intensity game, I'd say check this out.

A few things to keep in mind when you're just starting:
  • Early on, keep at least 650 coins in your warehouse at all times for buying the random skills. Most cost 500, but the 650 one is very important.

Couple of followup questions:

* Is there anywhere I need to be to get that particular offer to come up? Once I had gold to spend I got a couple of offers from a General and one from a Monk, but everything else has been gambles and such.
* Where do I get the crafter that lets me make Dark Steel? I have the option to buy it in the Market but it's prohibitively expensive for the quantities I need, and that's the holdup on new classes to tackle world 4.
* Am I the only one for whom Mystic Castle sucks major battery?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
To clarify: Mystic Castle is basically shareware where worlds 1-5 are free and you buy the remaining levels after Silent Lakes with diamonds? (They're not outlandishly priced and you can grind your diamonds via ads if you're stingy, just making sure I didn't miss something.)

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Sailor Dave posted:

I'm having the same issue. Everything is super pixelated and the text looks really bad. I'm using a ZTE Avid Plus Z828 with a screen resolution of, I think, 480 x 854. It's not the most impressive phone, but it can usually run most games just fine. Dunno what it is about this game in particular.

It runs perfectly on my Nexus 7 2013 tablet. On my Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone (4.65" 720x1280 pixels), most of the text boxes are literally empty.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

delfin posted:

It runs perfectly on my Nexus 7 2013 tablet. On my Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone (4.65" 720x1280 pixels), most of the text boxes are literally empty.

Actually, I'll pull this back a bit. An occasional text box is empty (white boxes in midscreen) but most of the menus and such are readable. The graphics are pixelated and flash a bit but are sound enough for such an old device.

Also, if you're on the fence about Egg Inc. its alternate title should be Smash Drone Quadcopters Out Of The loving Air Several Times A Minute, which is satisfying in and of itself.

delfin fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 17, 2016

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If you hold off for a long time, the piggy bank serves as a decent tip jar. Like, right now, my options after reaching the next-to-last egg type are:

* 1500 gold eggs - $4.99
* 3200 gold eggs - $9.99
* 6800 gold eggs - $19.99
* 10196 gold eggs in my piggy bank - $2.99

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Just reached Tachyon Eggs. :getin:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Current Egg Inc. mission:

"50 million chickens live on your farm."

I'll, uh, get right on that.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

mrkillboy posted:

Anyway, Guild of Dungeoneering, a turn based RPG/card game where you build the dungeon around your heroes is out.

I bought this and it is entertaining, though difficult. A lot of trial-and-error to figure out what upgrades give you a chance to beat many enemies, and my graveyard fills up fast.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

dpack_1 posted:

I finished it on my PC last week, one bit of advice, save up for the holy grail knight before dumping money into the extra weapons and items, if you don't have a tier 3 dungeoneer then the dwarf stages are impossible.

The Holy Grail Knight is very good. The Cartomancer is loving broken good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

SystemLogoff posted:

USB 3.0 on the go cable + Xbox 360 remote.

Bluetooth is not allowed on some flights, so...

And for good reason.