Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I'm going to create pay-2-win: the game.

All it will be is an online scoreboard that ranks you depending on the amount of IAP you buy.

I'll be a millionaire by Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

I didn't realise there was a Android version of realm grinder. I put so many hours into this on PC, I don't know if I could face it again.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

I'm wondering of they took the server offline as it won't download the additional data for me.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

explosivo posted:

Been playing Almost a Hero this weekend and this may be my new obsession for the near future. Seems like a fun enough tapper/idler with some ads for bonuses but nothing super intrusive. It's actually refreshing only having a party of 5 so you're not scrolling through a gigantic list of dudes like in Tap Titans.

I've been playing for the best part of a month. I'm really enjoying it. Not needed to pay for gems and still managed to get quite a distance.

Now I need to find the right build to push past 550.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

explosivo posted:

I am kind of struggling with builds right now, a lot of the guides I've found are confusing to follow along with or seem maybe outdated? I'm still pushing for 140 right now so it's not a huge concern but I assume pretty soon it'll get more necessary to focus on one particular path with everyone. I did buy the starter pack for $4 which got me some nice runes (got bounce and the one that makes enemies weak when hit by lightning which is a good combo).

Around that level the best advice I can give is to use your gems to buy artifact slots. But a new artifact whenever you can, then level them up.

After that use Vexx. Her skill at the top left allows for an 80% discount on upgrading her. Is possible you may need to craft an artifact that lowers ability skill level requirement to use it early game.

The next big jump happens when you get the lightning rings auto clicker. I seem to recall that's in the 300's though.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

explosivo posted:

Okay THIS is what I was looking for. All the stuff I've been reading was talking about first leveling some of these skills that you can't get until you reach level 11 or 12 and I just didn't understand how without first dumping a bunch of points into other stuff. This is good to know, I'll be on the lookout for one of those artifacts. I have 13 slots opened up right now, those slots are all I've been using gems on so that's good to hear you say it too.

I also found bellylaff a good one to use. With his ultimate at max and the skill that increases the time it lasts with each kill, it can last for ages.

Eventually you get games that look like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Rg1Ou-YbI

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

axelblaze posted:

Speaking of which, independent of this thread I started playing Almost a Hero a week or so ago and is there any trick to it or is it really just a clicker? I'm enjoying it so far but it's just it would be nice to know that sort of stuff.

The missions that open up around levels 150 and 350 I think add a lot of variety as with those you may have to come up with a solution to an interesting problem.

Usually the solution is level up more in the main game.

Eventually you get mythical artifacts which can change the game radically.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Applied as me.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Len posted:

For people looking for a little incremental time waster I found
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=samuelVazquez.randomNumberGod the other day. It's weird in that you have to roll within a certain range of numbers on a d1000 to do damage to the boss. You start with 1 die but you get a deck of cards that give you x more dice or xdice whenever a number ending in y is rolled. It seems fun but I only played the first couple levels this morning

I have ended up playing this for far longer than is healthy. I kind of like it as a simple strategy/deck building/rng game

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Probably best to take me out of the epic seven clan. I changed phone and lost my save.

I'm not sure I have enough time to spend on the game at present either.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

UK here.

I get 25 days of annual leave, 8 days of public holidays and 20 days of paid sick leave.

From that it sounds like I'm barely at work...

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Alehkhs posted:

I've been playing a lot of rounds of Werewolf Online lately.

It's a real-time multiplayer "mafia"-like game of secret roles and murder. Free to play, with occasional video ads between matches or 8n payment for in-game currency (mostly used for cosmetics). Matchmaking is quick, and the dev seems to be pretty active.

Checking in here to see if anyone else plays and if there's a clan for goons.

I was unaware of this, but now I know of it, I'll give it a go.

Going to take some time to learn all of the roles and what they do.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

As there was recent talk about jobs, here a post of my friend on Facebook.

quote:

Ok so.

- Work have offered me *a* job. Details are promised...after the referencing. As is the exact salary figure.

- Work decided that anybody at my level who didn't apply for a job, perhaps because their post wasn't at risk, clearly isn't hungry enough to work here. So they're fired. Yes that means anyone at a senior level who didn't apply for my job has just been or is about to be terminated. Their replacements will be drawn from the applicant pool.

Contractors, y'see. No notice period.

- And now everyone else is having their jobs advertised too.

- Except the team lead, who has been told that her job will terminate at a moment's notice, she will get no advance warning, she just has to be ready to clear out her desk at any time. I wouldn't have wished that on the poor woman.

Ah capitalism.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Dragongem posted:

I've been playing AFK Arena (which is usually check once or twice a day to do the quick daily stuff) and Almost a Hero (idle game with some active farming if you want, but you get tools to be even lazier). Neither one has all the tons of dailies/events/etc that burn me out too.

Can you confirm if you gain 100 levels by helping an old man who slipped on a banana?

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Montalvo posted:

Do goons still play gems of war? I remember having fun with that game and feel like getting back into it.

E: NVM I just logged back in for the first time in like two years and I have no idea what is going on

Very much so. There's a couple of goon guilds and a seperate thread if you want to join in again.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

m.hache posted:

Is there a good match game like Puzzles and Dragons out there that isn't Puzzles and Dragons?

I keep seeing ads for Legendary: Game of Heroes and it looks "fun".

EDIT: Also been playing this game. It's stupid fun so far https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.physics.sim.game.box&hl=en_CA

Lots of ads though.

I've played a lot of Gems of War. There's a seperaye thread if you want to give that a go. There are no adverts at all and if you join a guild you should never have to ever buy premium currency.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Len posted:

It's not very good. I deleted it like 20 minutes later

I mostly wanted to see if it actually uses Pokemon assets and it absolutely does

I suspect your phone is now infected with virtual AIDS.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Also open up the app from time to time. It feels as though my phone puts it into some sort of hibernate mode and won't show notifications if I've not used it for a few weeks.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

I'm gonna end up buying SOTN for the third time aren't I?

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

There is no shame here, only happiness.

And at £3 it's at a perfect price for an impulse purchase.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

When I keep seeing SNES and PS1 games going on the store from anywhere between £10-£20, I'll pass on by.

If more things came out at this price point, I'd fill my phone with them.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

But it's only three pouuunnndssss....

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

I ended up emulating them as it was easier.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Knightmare posted:

Maybe not the right thread for it but has anyone done much of the game pass cloud streaming on their device, and what kind of controller situations are working for you? I tried a little of the touch controls and while it's cool that it works it would also drive me crazy.

I use one of these that works perfectly.

Beboncool Controller

I also use it for running emulators for various systems on my phone as well.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

What I tend to do is once an app is installed I go into the app settings and deny it access to the WiFi and mobile internet.

This stops all the adverts and is specially useful for those games that have an advert after every single stage.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

If there is an update, could I ask for just one little thing.

The ability to undo if you have hit the 'stop rolling' button.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

That probably the best. The absolute worst is the +1 mana cost to spells.

Also, has something happened to the difficulty recently. I'm playing on unfair, so I am not expecting to win. I was regularly getting to stage 16 or 17 without too much issue. These past couple of days however I don't think I've gotten past stage 6.

I've not seen the Lich or Rotten for a long long time. Though the last time I saw the Lich he also pissed me off by rolling nothing but spawn Bones. I was overwhelmed quickly.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

explosivo posted:

It is inevitably the time in the Android thread where someone says it; maybe we should make a slice and dice thread 🤔

Edit: Those new items are dope

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE posted:

Android Gaming Megathread: gently caress You this is the Slice & Dice thread now

(and I'm here for it)

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

So he kills himself doing his big attack?

I really try and avoid any character with pain sides as standard. The baddies are doing enough damage to me, not sure why I would want to hurt myself

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Finally.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Although based on mostly BBC TV shows, the cbeebies apps are pretty good. And because they are from the BBC, you can guarantee no adverts. They are free and have no in app purchases either.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

I was enjoying it until the massive "pay to continue" message came up.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Took me 5 runs to beat the boss.

So looks like the option to unlock the next Island is to watch 19 adverts in full in a row.

I never got that option the first time I clicked no. There was only the option to pay.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

I did a test just now.

I started a game and played for about 8 minutes, generally getting one of each spell. Then I put the phone down, leaving the character standing still, glancing back occasionally to pick from the selection of new skills offered.

It was 38 minutes before I took any damage and about another 4 after that until I died.

It's practically an idle game at this point.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Idle games which I currently have installed and enjoy are:-

ISEPS
Antimatter Dimensions
Grimoire Idle
Idle Skilling
Idle to rule the Gods
Realm Grinder

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

I gave this a go and it works really really well. Exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

I had a neuron fire and I remembered that Greed Corp was a game offered on Humble Bundle many years ago.

I checked, and yes there it is still there available for download and sideloading.

Edit: Okay, slight change to that. The download link is a zip file with a regular directory that I have no idea how to get it to install or run

Edit of the Edit: the TORRENT file that humble bundle also gives you goes to an APK. However the game says it's only for an older version of Android and it crashes when trying to start.

There's are also 10 seeders of that file still.

Tsietisin fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 7, 2023

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

One has definitely ripped off the other. Looking at the item descriptions suggests as much.

Tsietisin fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 30, 2023

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Also on the tower defence side there is Bloons TD 6.

Solitarica is another solid favourite.

There's also a considerable number of board games that can be played offline and against the machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Classic has Diamond Mine (which is what I assume you mean by dig) and Poker games.