Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Siralim looks like it has interesting (though somewhat annoyingly old school) mechanics along with the crack that is Raise A Team Of Monsters, but it keeps crashing out with a fatal error message when I use items. Considering how many items I've been picking up, I don't think "just don't use consumables" is going to be a solid way to get around it and still enjoy the game. Haven't found anything online and I don't know the first thing about submitting bug reports.

EDIT: Oh, found their forums. Didn't notice it before, I'll poke around there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

SynthesisAlpha posted:

:words: about Siralim

Good post. Relating to that crash though, I tried to replicate it maybe ten times to post the crash report on their forums, but even though it literally happened every item use before and after a reinstall, it completely fixed itself when I tried to do it purpose. :psyduck:

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

MPLS to NOLA posted:

Update: Siralim is really neat once you get into the dungeons though that first 5 minutes is excruciating, and I suppose I could go read all the books in the library but I'll take any opportunity to double post, so I'll ask here: what's the endgame? How do I Win (don't say 'badly' please).

Also the very first guy I fought was a Lich King, so yeah. That's a thing.

In the app description it states there is no end. Just keep leveling or whatever.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

MPLS to NOLA posted:

I wouldn't say I 'missed' it, you lowercase auspol reprobate, I'm agitated because someone crammed f2p nonsense on an otherwise good frame !

Yeah, don't get the wrong idea (if 1337kutkufan6969 :sotasty: is on the money with that guess), the infinite gameplay model isn't the lovely Candy Crush or Farmville exploitation stuff; it's just that the love that clearly went into the old school style pokemon-meets-FF1 (sorta?) didn't extend to making a coherent story to play through. Think of it as a lack of funding, not psychologically precise sociopathic greed fuckery. I'm strongly considering buying it and I'm stupid poor just to support a mobile dev that clearly loves good games for the gameplay instead of how much money they can trick you out of.

EDIT: wtf where's our Monster Hunter emote? Is it just a clan tag? :cmon:

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is this really just Tiny Tower, but with trains?

I'd say that other than being a "play once every x minutes/hours" game, it is very different. I played both for weeks, and enjoyed Trains' route planning over the more simple "wait for money for a new floor" thing Tower has going on. There are enough interconnected parts for it to be interesting in my opinion.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

I highly recommend dropping into the Hearthstone GDT thread in the Blizzard Subforum to get good info on decks and strategy. Spreading out posts over the iOS and Android thread is going to be less efficient then just checking that thread's OP and then hopping in to the discussion with any questions you have, there are plenty of new players in that thread so it isn't an old boys club by any means.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Does anyone have any tips for Motorsport Manager? In the few management games I've played before I've always liked focusing on my junior league to raise my own rookies, but in this one I feel like it's a trap. I had to level up the junior league to 4 before it got close to the second tier free agents, and that is a LOT of money sunk into it. I know I can use them for basically 1/4 the salary of a free agent, but that doesn't seem worth it unless you play the game for decades in-game, and over that period you have made enough money that it doesn't matter anyway.

I was also struggling in the second tier, so I went back to the first one to wreck people with my ~63 stat drivers. Apparently there is a balancing factor put into your car stats, because my ~63 second tier drivers have been doing about as well as my ~40 first tier dudes I had before I gave them the boot. Also the prize money and sponsors give peanuts so I'm losing money every month if I don't place. This smacks of the "everything levels with you" poo poo that made me stop playing Oblivion.

Definitely worth 30 cents, though. Just some weird stuff going on that I haven't figured out.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

I went ahead and bought the 99c starter pack, and used the gems for the 25 card pack. I hit level 10 pretty quick and made a setup with a luchador mask and oven mitts and the legendary cards for gas and bomb crates, so I get explosions EVERYWHERE already, it's nice.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

wrxn3569. I spent 99c so get ready to tremble in awe of a true whale.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Yeah, I am only on the ninth or so stage, and my pick is 125 hits. The 40+ friend bonuses are goddamn nuts, thanks goons!

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

I had completely forgotten about Fiz, so I checked on it again and looked up sales history. It released at $1.99, went up to $2.99, was on sale during Christmas for 99c, but now it's back to $2.99. This wouldn't be so bad but I have $2.14 in surveybux and have only received like four ~10c surveys over the last month. I'll never get there :negative:

EDIT: Hunger Games Quest code: DJAJKWNA7T

Where do I put that promo code? It doesn't fit in the ally code box and I don't see anything anywhere else. If it is in Events I'm out of luck apparently; even though I got far enough that the fairy lady said I can go to the Event screen it is still faded out and doesn't do anything when clicked.

Locke Dunnegan fucked around with this message at 09:22 on May 24, 2015

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Horn posted:

I guess you can beat IoT

Reset for 1 Prestige Point!

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

delfin posted:

Hunger Quest trip report: Dark mages are ASSHOLES.

I did a huge combo that cleared a bunch of blocks under me, as well as six or so dudes. I fell in the shaft on top of a Dark Mage that was one block below my vision. He hit me for 2/3s of my HP, I couldn't escape or kill him, and took another hit. Oh well, no real penalty for dying at least.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Man, Hunger Quest pooped out pretty fast for me. Having enemies quickly go from 8-16 hp on average to 30-50 as the first real jump is really lovely. Plus half of my items and gold get blown up by bombs, cannons, moving blocks, and mages, so I'm barely making more money on these harder stages than the earlier ones. The blacksmith is also tightly gated, so even after unlocking he second tier of forging I only get access to +5 weapons at max. And there's purple blocks now which seemingly don't work with any skills I've found, so they gently caress up combos and slow skill gain, so all told I'm weaker proportionate to when I started the game.

Also Dark Mages are loving lovely and need a cooldown on their attacks. Having three or more show up on some of these stages is beyond stupid.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

:eyepop:

Well this makes things waaaaay more interesting.

I noticed it too, and even if it is a bug it's a fun little interaction.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

What does the Dust purchasable do in YMBAB? It costs 4 Silver, but what does it do.

Instantly teleports you around The Boat instead of waiting for travel time.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

If I remember, VIII is hosed up with a lovely frame rate and it runs in portrait for some reason. I actually like games that will run in portrait, but it seems hosed up if the game isn't built for it.

To be fair, the game itself is fun as gently caress, and while I haven't played this port a lot of goons were happy with the game when it came out, even with those reasonable complaints.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Does Google have a thing against Reddit threads? I have been searching for anything more than single wikia thread questions for info on Shattered Pixel Dungeon for a couple days now for info on all the reworked stuff since I played the base game after it originally came out, and it wasn't until I specifically added "reddit" to my search string that it immediately popped up with the dev's post linking to exactly what I needed. My Google-Fu is usually pretty good for a layman, so that was really weird.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

foutre posted:

I've played Sproggiwood and Hoplite to death, and just downloaded Pixel Dungeon. With the caveat that I only have a phone, no tablet (so Desktop Dungeons is sadly not an option), what are other good roguelikes?

Fwiw, I liked the variety the Sproggiwood classes provided, but I wished it had a little more depth. On the other side of the coin, I liked the dtrategic challenge of Hoplite but wished it had more challenge.

E: realized I have also played 868-Hack, which for some reason didn't click with me in the same way. Maybe because it felt too much like a straight puzzle and less like an rpg experience with exploration etc.

Did you get stock Pixel Dungeon? There's an open-source mod/update version called Shattered Pixel Dungeon with enhanced and rebalanced mechanics, I recommend checking it out. I didn't play more than a few hours of the first one right after it was available, but so far Shattered seems pretty drat fun. Finally beat Tengu as a Mage after like twenty deaths! :black101:

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

If you get a spot I'd like to join up too, or if it's going to be a while we could make a backup guild. Invite code is LOCKE_7.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

BOOYAH, stole the spot. Gave most of my money to almost finish a task. You guys better not gently caress me on this.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

"Menses" isn't accepted either. :colbert:

Edit: in Alphabear I mean.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

BobTheJanitor posted:

That's weird, I figured they were just using the scrabble dictionary, since that seems to be what every 'make words out of these letters' game does. :shrug:

If you've got those letters, you could always try 'semen' instead. :v:

Bitch, I got "inseminate" instead. :hellyeah:

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Longbaugh01 posted:

Since TheoTown came out I haven't heard much talk about it here. Thoughts from people playing it?

It's like an alpha version of the SNES SimCity. I only played it for a half an hour because while I built all the basic services I could, there were sad faces over every house with no way to figure out what they wanted. Also nothing builds on zoned squares not adjacent to roads, so I had to have roads every third square, which looks stupid and fake.

Honestly it shouldn't have been released in the current state. It's so basic and clunky with no information or tutorial or feedback, it's not even up to "lovely early access Steam game" standards.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

New Leaf posted:

I've gotten like 4 surveys in the past 24 hours about my career and stores I've been to. Might want to keep an eye on your app.

I woke up to one this morning with two pictures of bouquets, asking me to count the number of dahlias. I had to look up what a dahlia looked like, and even then both pictures were angled similarly so it was hard to count them well. What the hell was the point of that survey?

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Tiny Chalupa posted:

This thread is the reason I got into FFRK and I really enjoying this game.
Just shot Dragon Blaze back up and managed to actually have a decent team this time around but can not for the life of me pull or make a SS Warrior or Priest. Sitting on SSS Mage Whay, SS Dark Knife Tirahl, SS Archer Aena, SS Mage Queen Robellia and various S's and A's
I'm running out of non C's that I can level to get more Gems from rapport so not sure how to get more people :/
Anywho is there is a Guild guild would love an invite Tinylime

Also gonna try the google surveys to win some free spacebucks. Thanks for that info

I think there's a full FFRK thread, if you're looking for more info.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Malek posted:

Is Gems of War just hellbent on the PvP angle or is there room for the PvE types like myself?

It's all PvE, since you're playing against the computer. It's just that the "PvP" computer dudes are teams made by players instead of the devs. That's why it's so easy to beat a team that's "better" than yours, because the computer doesn't know about making combos.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

I think I missed something about Card Crawl. I played it for a half hour or so, only lost to poo poo like triple 8+ enemies and coins when my hands were full of weak potions, but otherwise won pretty easily. The deck never changed, I bought a couple abilities but they didn't change gameplay much, and as far as I could tell there were no alternate heroes or decks or anything. It took me a while to even find where to spend the gold I gained, even. It's like an alpha version of a good game, but it isn't fleshed out enough yet to warrant my IAP dough.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Plastik posted:

Pregnant women can work, and seem to do just as well as anybody else except that they run from problems (fires and attacks) rather than facing them. So take their guns away but aside from that pregnant women are as good as anybody else.

I thought I was in a different thread and holy moly was I confused.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Is anyone else playing Astronest? It was mentioned in passing earlier and I picked it up, and I actually really like the space empire building game. There's research, building poo poo on planets, colonizing planets (though that's just clicking a button to dump resources while a bar fills), setting up your fleet's formations, ship types, fittings, etc. There's quite a lot of optimization and customization, and there's an Alliance vs. Horde thing going on for worldwide PvP that earns rewards and stuff every day. It's a time waster that's holding my interest for now, anyway.

EDIT: If anyone is and hasn't played much yet, don't blow all of your money developing your starting planet's buildings until you get the 2h exp bonus a ways into the tutorial. It'll let you pump up the level of your planet's administrator twice as fast. I don't know what their level actually DOES, but I'm all about numbers going up :flashfap:

Locke Dunnegan fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 15, 2015

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Unormal posted:

FYI, we've got Sproggiwood 50% off all weekend to match the PC Halloween sale.

I literally just spent my ~$9 of funbux this morning grabbing Rebuild 3 and one of the Kingdom Rush games because after a few months I didn't have enough for Sproggiwood. :negative:

I'll probably still grab it though because I haven't spent real money on games in months and I hear it's dope as heck.

EDIT: Showing US$4.99 as of a couple minutes ago in central US.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

I played Soda Dungeon way too much while home sick yesterday. My team got a massive boost once I finally unlocked Healers. Having to grind out the single-use heal items every fight was tedious as gently caress, and I hated how hitting a Drowsy Trap would basically end a run.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Nyaa posted:

Single heal item is sold in shop later in the game. I think it's unlock by floor?

Either get the rare immune to status effect item on your healer, get two healers, or skip the door until you got knight, which prevent traps and ambushes.

Skipping danger is for pussies :colbert:

And yeah I know I can buy them, I mean just having to use an item to heal for 30 once a fight isn't nearly as good as healing the entire party for ~45 or healing 110 and status from a single party member. The difference between having that class and not was the different between not clearing past floor 91 and having a streak to ~160.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Having an entire team with gold shields that includes at least one thief seems like a nice way to get some nice auto-battle cash. I just started them at level 1 with my phone plugged in in the other room and came back a bit later to a big dumb pile of gold.

Hurray another game I can efficiently play by not playing it. That's actually kind of annoying. :(

EDIT: Actually maybe gold shields don't stack between members, and it only gives a bonus on deathblows? I'll just make a buff murdersquad instead of farm squad.

Locke Dunnegan fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 14, 2015

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Len posted:

In Soda Dungeon I found a drop that made spells cost 1. I'm in the second dimension now and I don't know where I found it. Anyone know what floors I should be grinding?

Depending on how active you want to be, plopping a Thief and a Healer in your team, starting at 1, and turning on auto battle is a lazy way to get some nice dough. Triple chests every ten levels is pretty nice since you can sell all the crap.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

They say in their info page that they will ALWAYS buff first turn, so you weaken your team's ability to first turn clear the more you add. Braving one is definitely worth it in my opinion, but I'm wary on adding more than that. Having a healer, thief, dark mage, and knight are too useful for their individual abilities in my opinion to bump one of them for another zerker. I guess you can drop the thief if you don't care about money, but given that zerkers work best when you start from lower floors, you are missing out on a TON of possible item drops, especially if you run those item find magnets.

Edit: Ragezerkers also made me notice that magic power derives from attack power on dark mages, which is super nice. Hitting everyone for over twice what you would later on is bananas.

Locke Dunnegan fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 18, 2015

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Soda Dungeon is fun as heck, but I deleted it when I realized I would no longer be able to just Ragezerker cheese from 1 to however far I could go due to Boss 500's stupid gimmick. The AI obviously doesn't play around it at all, so it's 100% a game ender or at least staller until I checked it running in the background and slowly wore her down manually with my one healer. They should remove stupid boss gimmicks like that after defeating them, because otherwise it grinds the entire game to a halt.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Shwqa posted:

Warrior dimension doesn't have the gimmicks and repeats of those bosses removes the gimmick.

I don't know what "warrior dimension" is but when I was on the 600 floor dimension the see-through 500 boss definitely still had her gimmick, which is why I deleted the game. I mean, I can pick it back up no problem if it was recently changed in an update or something, but either I'm misunderstanding what you're saying or you are mistaken.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

YggiDee posted:

You only ever have to fight/defeat the floor 500 boss once, as after that you can just skip it via wizard and you probably should be running the 500+ floors instead for the superior items. The Warrior dimension is D11, after you get all the Essence Relics. That dimension is endless and the more obnoxious boss gimmicks are removed.

If you're running it as an idler with a Ragezerker (or more than one I guess), it makes sense to start at 1 to maximize the Ragezerker attack bonuses. Maybe they specifically put in the 500 boss to stop that, but I can't think of why they would, because as you mention it's not exactly like it's amazing time-wise for getting sweet loot. It's just a passive way to get a nice chunk of change and maybe some nicer items by wrecking balling through the later floors with 2-3x your starting attack. Or it would if it weren't for dumb boss gimmicks that require a special team just for that floor, and even then the nine floors before it are more of a pain to clear because of the need for the gimmick crap. Clearing floors 498 and 499 with four healers and something else is a chore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Merchant is good vs bosses, yeah. You can defend, heal, and/or stack some statuses on a boss while your Merchant flips coins a few times and cuts 75%+ of the boss's health, then have a pretty easy time of it. Their AI is kind of dumb and likes using it for like 80 damage, but 500g is peanuts by the time you unlock the Merchant, and he pays for himself with his passive.