Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon aren't the same show or people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Parrotine posted:

What kind of school takes a field trip to a waste treatment plant?

I went to one through Girl Guides, which is basically Girl Scouts in Canada. They were teaching us what kind of stuff would get dumped into the environment if there weren't treatment plants, how all the mechanical and chemical filtration systems work. There's also a program in my city that takes junior high students rafting on our biggest river, and they do water testing just before they reach the treatment plant and immediately after they pass the outflow pipe to demonstrate how effective it is. It's actually super cool.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

You can filter threads by icon on these forums. I'd never clicked on that bar before!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Mark Carwardine got shagged by a rare :parrot: 10 years ago on the 15th.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Wait what? Where? Link?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Oof and yikes.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Internet borders are loving stupid. So what if you won't ship your lovely knife to me, I just want to look at it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Just take a bite out of the stick of butter then take a bite of bread. More efficient and no dishes to wash. You hoity toity pieces of poo poo with your fancy "knives" and "buttering techniques".

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

jobson groeth posted:

The difference between a fjord and a bay is that a fjord is formed by a glacier.

Ever heard of Milford Sound in New Zealand? It's not a sound, it's a fjord. Sounds are formed from rivers and are V shaped while fjords are U shaped. But the dude who named it didn't know the geologic history of the island and just assumed it was a sound because there's no ice there now.

That's your bonus geography lesson of the day thanks for reading

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

joy division - disorder

my version:
i've been waiting for a guy to come and take me by the hand
could these sensations make me feel the pleasures of another man?

actual lyrics:
i've been waiting for a guide to come and take me by the hand
could these sensations make me feel the pleasures of a normal man?

i like my version more

No. I absolutely refuse to believe this.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

It did also mean failing really bad at something which goes along with the rest of it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

wait till you guys find out people can rumble their ear muscles like a bass drum

There are people who can't?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Hirayuki posted:

Huh, I figured it was a portmanteau of "stalker" and "fan."

I'd read that's exactly why he chose that name.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I definitely pronounce them different. I say one with the other and it sounds really wrong.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Add me to the list of just learning this today.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

That doesn't really happen anymore. The growth of the rail lines in Tokyo has calmed the crowding a lot. I was on Yamanote line in rush hour a few times and it wasn't any more crowded than my own trains back home.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I get my mail in a community mailbox. You put outgoing mail in the red boxes. Or take your envelope to a postal outlet, usually in a drug store, and buy a stamp at the same time.

But that's only been over the past few years, before then we had our box on the wall of our house next to our front door. Mailboxes on posts on streets don't exist here.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I've said anaerobic a lot, because I've been a fishkeeper, taken biology, and was really into fitness for a while.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Interestingly the companies and marketers don't know that either!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dUOyozVhx8

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Are there stoves where that really is just a storage drawer? I'd get more use out of that than a broiler.

Every single stove I've ever had in my life. I have never once had a warming drawer. That drawer is for storing cookie sheets and pizza pans and such. Large flat things that don't store in cupboards well.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

We are all one consciousness split into separate beings.

We are all Enya.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Enya is rich as hell and lives in a giant castle alone with a bunch of cats and if y'all don't want to be like her you're a drat fool

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

hawowanlawow posted:

relatedly there are also tons of people out there who think cans of food will explode if you boil them

They can if you heat them and don't open them first. I have scars from a stew explosion thanks to my drunk husband and was covered in burns on my face, neck, and arms that were visible for weeks.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Friend posted:

Kiwi birds are the size of chickens. I always thought they were like, the size of a coffee mug.

I guess cartoons made me think they were tiny and I just never realized the scale when I saw a photo of one.

I had always thought that too, until I saw one IRL. Opposite was ringtail lemurs. They're quite a bit smaller than I always assumed.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Jerry Cotton posted:

You can, in fact, spell wine opener without wino pener.

Just found my drag king name, thanks.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I'm perturbed by the usage of extruded in this context. Don't text me again.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

The first ranch flavoured thing was a buttermilk dressing in the 1950s: buttermilk, mayo, and a variety of seasonings. The guy who invented it wasn't developing a flavour, he was making a dressing. The dry seasoning packets came years later when their dressing became so popular they couldn't keep up with sales demand.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Roller coasters are called that because they coast. I never thought about it before. Kind of maybe just thought it was a good rhyme or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Luneshot posted:

Manila is my favorite flavor of folder.