Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Besesoth posted:

It's funny how things from your childhood sneak up on you. Yesterday I realized, out of the blue, that the wave of concern about "latchkey kids" in the late 80s and early 90s was actually conservative anti-feminist rhetoric. "If those drat women would just stay in the kitchen where they belong instead of getting jobs, these kids wouldn't be home alone."

It's even worse because conservative governments wanted women to work to double the available pool of workers and keep wages down. They then did this to make sure they felt like poo poo for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Chorrax posted:

I just realized how much farther east South America is, relative to North America. Blew my mind to find out that Chile, despite being on the Pacific Ocean is farther east than Florida.

There is also basically nothing but ocean between Antarctica and Iceland.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Brie Larson is not Alison Brie.

Brie cheese is still good but we all knew that already.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Don't worry, this one took me a minute too. (This may not be reassuring, as probably 80% of my posts in here are me being confused by actors.)

Two of the same types of cheese that both starred in Community is too confusing.

Today I just learned how the Koch family got started
https://twitter.com/beccalew/status/1164967949565739009

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Baron von Eevl posted:

Enya and Enigma are actually the same person, they are Gethenian and when female-presenting they perform and record as Enya; when male-presenting they perform as Enigma.

:aaaaa:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

purple death ray posted:

Did anybody not already know that about Beck though

It's news to me but following his life and career hasn't exactly been a priority in life.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Beachcomber posted:

He has, or had, two turntables and a microphone.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Huh? Three years apart, not months; Shirley in April 1934, Warren in March 1937

You can't just put, like, labels on time man.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The traditional baked bean bomb is a can in the fire and will leave bean holes in your tent if it's too close when it goes off. Adding a can to water, even if it still did go bang, it's daft as it would suppress the explosion.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Picnic Princess posted:

Just found my drag king name, thanks.

Whiskey Dick isn't a good drag synonym.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Tree Bucket posted:

Also, the american slang term "stroking out" means "to suffer the effects of a stroke" and not "masturbation." This realisation has made reading the Trump threads much less horrifying.

Just lol if that was the horrifying part of Trump threads for you.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

That's just what someone who isn't fine would say.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Olivia Coleman was in an episode of the UK Office.

Rewatching old shows and seeing people who have since become famous is fairly common in Britain, but I did not see that one coming.

You can look at high school year books of someone already famous and work out exactly who will make it big in the UK.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Krankenstyle posted:

There's a lot of folks on Seinfeld over the years too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMLKbXuv-xA

Vidiot from UHF came well before Seinfeld and had resulted in high profile Seinfeld cast. Either talent finds talent or nepotism rules supreme.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Memento posted:

Who's the one second from the left?

David Cameron (psych)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hardcordion posted:

So you know the joke "Why did the chicken cross the road?" That extremely well known joke that we've all been hearing since we could understand what a joke is? The punchline isn't just about the simple motivations driving a chicken to do what it does. The other side is the afterlife, because the chicken gets run over.

lmao, what is this poo poo. Chicken just wants to get its smoke on.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

christmas boots posted:

“Look into the eyes of a chicken and you will see real stupidity. It is a kind of bottomless stupidity, a fiendish stupidity. They are the most horrifying, cannibalistic and nightmarish creatures in the world.”
¯ Werner Herzog

but with humans this time

Checks out

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Gary Numan was born before Gary Oldman.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Paprika is just capsicum / bell pepper.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I'm pretty poo poo at knowing who is in bands and stuff but finding out that Amanda loving Palmer was the singer of Dresden Dolls is doing my head in.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Chili here really only come in 'red' and 'green' so this is basically useless for me but hopefully helps someone.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Beachcomber posted:

Cold people can always wear more clothes. We unfortunate hot people aren't allowed to undress past a certain point. Crank up the AC.

:hai:

The correct revenge is to sweat over the person complaining it's too cold.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Milo and POTUS posted:

Truly Guy Fieri is the most controversial topic on the forums

Guy Fieri is a sandwich?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

How do you know I'm not Guy's friend

because goons don't have friends

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Does this mean that those of us who can read for hours while on bumpy journeys are immune to poison? Sweet.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Rip to a real one, the :parrot: smiley.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Captain Hygiene posted:

Starting to think life might just be easier without teeth, tbh.

Congratulations on looking like this when you try to stress your 'th' sounds to get your dentures back in place.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

RJWaters2 posted:

gently caress it, I'm back to swallowing

:pervert:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jerry Cotton posted:

And here we just put jams or pickled cucumber in them.

I still think our answer to the age-old question "what the gently caress are jars even for?!?!?" was probably better.

Jar squatter has the definitive answer.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inzombiac posted:

"Dishonor" comes from "Dish" and "Onor".

It's only dishonor if it comes from the Onor region of Japan. Otherwise it's just sparkling shame.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jerry Cotton posted:

Also, where would you keep it?

In the laundry with the communal poop knife.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Krankenstyle posted:

i live in a building with two shared shower rooms in the basement so i cant rinse my poop-tools in the shower. i mean i can if i sneak them down when nobody is around but that gives me anxiety. i want to be able to proudly walk to the shower without pooptools in my hands.

it actually frustrated me a lot until i realized that i can skip the tools and just poop in the shower

its like a standing bidet, but upside down

You could just do handstands while pooping in the shower to make the bidet working from the correct direction.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Forums user Inceltown's name is a play on "Tinseltown".

(I think? I don't know where the syllable emphasis is on "incel"; in my head it was always like IN-SELL, both getting equal weight. But if I'm correct, that's clever.)

I can confirm you're correct.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jerry Cotton posted:

Do not, I repeat: do not wipe with your phone.

Then why do they come on toilet rolls?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

gleebster posted:

Maude does not rhyme with God in most parts of the United States. Maybe just where you are.

It's not as close as Rod and Todd but as Ned had to penetrate Maude to get them they got closer to God.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It rhymes with suede

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hipster_Doofus posted:

From now on when someone inexplicably self-cens*rs something I'm going to to think hard and see if I'm missing anything.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Questionable lyricism itt time. Just in case you missed this super pro click elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/electrolemon/status/1232137286868856833

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

This isn't really a just figured out thing but it's still a pretty cool thing

https://twitter.com/engineeringvids/status/1234191404550672385

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

MariusLecter posted:

Things have clearly gotten out of hand.

Yeah, jokes have lost all meaning in the current timeline. Simultaneously everything is a joke and nothing is a joke, it's known as Trumpdingers Paradox