Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Garth, you just got called out by name. Is the accusation accurate? If not, what's the truth? If so, any idea how Narc could know about it?

Absolutely. Clearly I placed my trust in the wrong person. Hope your idol's real!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Chic Trombone posted:

I'd like to add that, despite being part of an alliance with Garth, I was deliberately left out of the scheme due to my friendship with MMM and from what I've heard they planned to spring it on me last minute and hope i go along with it

Like what the gently caress is up with that you guys? I am legitimately salty.

Sorry. I was trying to leave you in the dark until the last minute. Figuring you would go along with the plan no matter what.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Before things get too sour, I wanted to say that I actually really enjoy playing with everybody here. I'm having a good time and I really like everybody in this tribe. This isn't a bad thing

Me too. I just thought I had an opportunity to eliminate a threat. No hard feelings.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I

Chic Trombone posted:

did you just think you couldn't trust me? Serious question. Do you not trust me? Have I done something to make you not trust me? Because I think I've been pretty solid all game w/r/t trustability and I am honestly kind of hurt right now

I thought I could trust you so much you would go along with my plan without any other information. I didn't want to propose it to you until I was pretty sure we had it solid. I needed to talk to the people I wasn't sure of.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Anyone want to fill me in on what the heck has been going on tonight? I just got home from a Memorial Day vacation, honestly just dropped my grandmother off at her place 2 hours ago.

Dogg, Chic? What is this trust issue we're talking about? What's been happening here today?

I can answer some of this. It was my plan to target MMM and I left my allies in the dark about it. Unfortunately, it blew up in my face before I told them my plan.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

It really sucks when you trust someone and it turns out they are doing stuff behind your back.

Sorry, I was convinced you were in an opposing alliance. I feel bad that I broke actual trust.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Are you sure this is directed at me? We were never allied and I've never trusted you.

Oh good. I just thought I was the only one when nefarious plan this time.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Garth you're saying dogg pickle never knew about this?

She certainly wasn't a ringleader in it. I don't remember if I had told her before it blew up or not.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Chic Trombone posted:

If you really didn't know about Garth's plan either then I'm sorry for accusing you or whatever? All i know is right now I'm really frustrated and just want this tribal over

Sorry chic. :(

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Questions for everyone
First, let's take care of some business. Is Jeff's Weener's a better merged tribe name than Sexy Swole tribe? Have you guys made your decision? I can update the OP.

Previously, people were being voted out for being missing or weak players. Does the AnonymousNarcotics boot signal a new stage in this game? Are strong players now the targets?

This was a season with a few veterans and a lot of new blood. Here at the final eight, is it fair to say everyone is now an experienced player?

Does Monday's boot draw clear lines between different factions, or are the "sides" still either non-existent or in flux?

Question for MMM, garth
You each burned an idol last week. Any regrets or second thoughts in hindsight?

I like Jeff's Weener's better than SexySwole.

I think we have moved on to the threat stage of the game. I want to make moves that most help my alliance.

I think there is still a little flux between the sides. I made a mistake in not telling some people things last time, so now I have to rebuild those trust bonds and I don't know if I had enough time yet.

I don't regret burning an idol. I might have ended up going home without it.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Question for Original Swole
Do you guys consider yourselves a united front?

Not really, considering I was gunning for MMM last time and I think he's gunning for me. There's at least that fracture.
Plus I abused the trust of Chic and Dogg, and I don't know if they have forgiven me.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Okay, everyone can vote except Jato and Strong Mouse, looking for a response from them.

Not required follow-up question for both MMM and garth: Are you allying temporarily out of convenience? How do you see that playing out?

No

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Bye Strong Mouse! Sorry it had to be you.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

A friendly reminder for everybody to check their PMs

I don't have a new PM. :(

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Question for everyone
Jato is the last of the original Sexy peoples. We saw two Sexy players, Anonymous Narcotics and Strong Mouse, voted out the last two tribal councils, and of course the purge started back in Ultra Swole. Will tonight's Tribal Council be the denouement of the genocide of the original Sexy tribe?

I think it may very well be.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I had went on record in one forum or another comparing our situation to the Three Kingdoms of Wei, Wu, and Shu by the virtue of numbers. I had initially believed that the swole group with Rurea, Chic, garth, and Dogg Pickle were going to be Wei and be able to wait out the other groups as they discerned who would be Wu and who would be Shu. Things got blurry as plan went off the rails and the Sexy remnants established themselves as Shu after Rurea's ousting while the Swole groups were fighting to determine who was Wei. As the days grew onward I realized how out of place the analogy of the Three Kingdoms was and had to see the lay of things in a new way. At this point we are either in the Warring States of China, or Japan, as lines have been built and fortune and misfortune had met people, and now all can see the chaos that has come to exist. It is however still tempting to see someone or something solid and established as the strongest in this game, but I do not know if someone will have the strength to take the game as it is now laid out before their eyes.

By the end of this vote, we will either create Qin or Oda Nobunaga, and both the dangers they face are clear. People will know who did what either on their own or by the final questions at the end of the road, and as consequence it is no longer furthers to play the witch-hunter.

It will be the establishment of either Qin, or Oda Nobunaga, and as I said both will endanger the rest in different ways.

You're my favorite.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

A question that should be asked is who thinks they're Hideyoshi, and who thinks they're Tokugawa.

I don't think I could answer that question. All my knowledge of Chinese and Japanese history comes from Warriors games and I'm much more comfortable with Three Kingdoms.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Bye Jato!
I hope you liked the pony.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, I think I'm down to one I don't know.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Congratulations MMM!

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Question for Chic, Dogg, garth
You've been in the same tribe for a long time now. How close are you? Could this be the final three? How would you feel sitting next to each other at the end?
I think we're pretty close. I think it would be pretty cool to have gone from 3-6 to the final 3.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

Chic, Dogg, Garth
Granted, it's me that's putting it out there, but if you guys are a tight three, are you at all worried about a 3-3 tie tonight?

I'm absolutely worried that it could devolve into a 3-3 tie. I would hope that people feel that the rock draw has a lower probability of success than a crucial immunity win or changing someone's mind.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

garth, Chic, I want to know if I had lost your respect since what happened a while back. So much time has passed, and I want to clear the air.
You didn't lose my respect. We're just unfortunately in a situation in which one of us has to go and I feel closer to Imgay. I'm sorry it worked out this way.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Fast Luck posted:

For everyone, especially imgay:

I guess the situation is that MMM is safe, and AnonIdiot doesn't have a choice in the matter, since he's a target. Does that mean it comes down to imgay?

I can only think of three possibilities for him: a) Force the tie, risk losing in a tiebreak vote or by rocks; b) Vote AnonIdiot to guarantee his own safety; c) Somehow actually get the numbers to turn this.

Does that sound accurate to people, and what comments can you share about it?

Those are certainly the possibilities. I hope I have built a strong enough relationship with Imgay so he will decide to vote with us.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

I'm sorry for failing you, and I wish you had told me that all the drama had been fake afterwards. I felt horrid with what spilled out.

I apologize for not trusting you enough to clue you in. You have been a better ally to me than I have to you. 😔

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Well done you guys! Good luck!

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Congratulations you guys! Good luck to you all!

Doggpickle
Do you feel that your promise to me was made in good faith? If so, why did you break it? If not, why does it matter that you stuck to the wording of the promise?

MMM Whatchya Say
What is your proudest moment in the game?

AnAnonymousIdiot
In the spirit of your previous tribal councils, what figure would you compare each of the final 3 to?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Congrats MMM!

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Eight Dollars posted:

Congrats MMM!

I am seriously baffled about why you were in the top 3. I had been telling Poque they needed to get you out ASAP and the final 4 was the perfect place to do it! There was no doubt in my mind you were gonna win duder.

Congrats to everyone really. It was a fun season to watch!

I wanted to get him out as quick as possible, but my first plan was ratted out and then he won immunity until I was voted out. I was sure he had the jury in the bag.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I'll explain my vote to you Dogg.

My primary reason for not voting for you was that you orchestrated a final 3 in which you could not win. I'm almost positive MMM beats anyone from final 6 at Final 3. At the very least he has Jato, Narc, and Strongmouse. That means he needs 1 more vote or splitting the other votes to win. (Narc votes for him over you because you wrote her name down.) Either he played you in convincing you to bring him or you misplayed in bringing him yourself.

Second, I know you disagree, but I felt you broke your promise to me. My understanding of the promise is we were allies. You voted to get me out. That breaks the promise to me. I know that explicitly the agreement was about writing names, but I have no clue who would respect that kind of semantic bullshit.

If you had gotten rid of MMM, I would have voted for you (even while holding my nose), but I voted for the stronger player.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

DoggPickle posted:

That actually makes me disappointed in the other players. If people just assumed things that I never said, how am I responsible for that? We still cool?

Yeah, I'm not mad at you anymore. The only reason I would have been holding my nose is I would have respected you betraying me if you went full force and not tried to have it both ways.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

DoggPickle posted:

To reiterate, they weren't allies.

The part you don't seem to be realizing is that Chic and I thought you were an ally. You can talk all you want about how you never promised that, but you certainly let us make that assumption. Also, you can claim all you want about the power of your game, but you and possibly AnonIdiot were the only people who didn't realize that MMM wins if he makes it to the jury. Survivor is a social game. Survivor is more than just voting people out. It's voting them out in such a way that they will still vote for you. There's a reason Russell Hantz didn't win either season he made it to the finals.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

How does one elevate themselves from being a goat in this game? I've been wondering if I could've done more in the game; going through the trip I did it seemed like peoples' minds were made up through the entire game.

Get rid of the bigger threats in a way that makes it look like you were the driving force. Talk about the moves you are making at every tribal council that you can. If you had got rid of MMM it's possible a strong FTC performance would have elevated you. Especially if Imgay tried to get his supporters to vote your way, since he seemed to prefer you winning to him winning.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I played assuming you continuing with us was in your best interests. I never considered that asking you for a formal alliance would cause you to play against your best interests, so I never thought you wanted or needed it.

I figured everyone knew MMM would win in a jury vote. I can't say getting rid of me was a wrong play for you, I just think you're argument would have been stronger if you voted against me than trying to keep your word. If you thought people would value game over emotions why does it matter that you kept your word?

Ultimately, your argument appeals to no one. Emotional players still feel like you betrayed them regardless of the fact that you technically kept your word, game-respecting players respect the move regardless of a broken promise so the semantics argument comes off as weak.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

You keep saying you felt you were on the bottom of the 3 (not true because I was more scared of Chic than you in FTC), but how does that really matter when there is a Final 3? Just afraid of the final four outsider winning immunity?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

DoggPickle posted:

Hey you're right. I forgot I said that. I never said I should have won lol hahahaha. I'm cool with what happened now.

I only knew you for one day, and in that time, you wrecked all the work I did to get the vote off of Mmm and onto jato, by going behind my back and contacting chic and proposing an alliance that included you and Mmm, they immediately knew you two were working together lol.

So that's how they justified voting for you or Mmm instead of jato, because now there was only a 50/50 chance of hitting the idol, (not knowing you both had one). Of course I was trying to get all the idols out, hahah, but I told you to play yours before the tribal, and then I also said at tribal that everyone that I know has an idol better play it. I had to vote with them to keep up appearances, but it wasn't a vote to send you home, and I never promised not to vot for you anyways. (My semantics problem again)

It's true I was trying to have it both ways, but I went back and forth all day about what I was going to do, and your last minute bid for an alliance without asking me first, made all kinds of scrambling happen right before tribal. Your name had never even come up before you did that. :downs: if you'd just asked me first, I would have been like no, no, no, no, don't do that! I know you were well liked, afterwards, and Mmm explained to me later why he wanted to take you to the end, but I just didn't get it within the short time I met you. Sorry you felt so betrayed about that.

Short version - your name wasn't even on the table til you put it there yourself, then I told you twice to play your idol, you didn't trust me,you didn't play it, and you went home. My not-so-witty remark there was in the heat of the moment, but I was sort of glad not to have you on my team for the rest of the game because you didn't communicate well with me. Sorry!

That's bullshit. Narc's name was on the table that vote. I was talking to Idiot and Imgay about who they would rather see voted off between Narc and MMM from before that alliance offer. Narc's name came up because the MMM plan was exposed. It was crystal clear that they were a pair.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

DoggPickle posted:

There's all kinds of stuff I wonder now, like when I went to Mmm about voting out Garth, had imgay really gone to him first about doing the same? Because that vote you guys wanted to vote for anoni and keep imgay? But imgay wanted to vote you at the same time. So if you had voted anoni first, you would have been gone next, because imgay would have been a better choice. Or maybe he was just playing both sides just like me? It gets a little hard to remember exactly what order things happened in. At least for me?

It was a long game hahaha :)

Yeah, I didn't realize that Imgay was playing for AnonIdiot at that point. If I had I would have proposed taking out Imgay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

JakeP posted:

I really want to know, who wins between imgay anonidiot and doggpickle final 3

That's really tough to say. If Imgay plays for himself in FTC, it comes down to Dogg and Imgay. If Imgay tries to rally support for AnonIdiot I think Idiot takes it.

• Locked thread