Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Major_JF posted:

It does boggle the mind a bit when you realize that we're sitting here talking about the main issue with a superhero game being that it lacked a little bit of polish. There is nothing wrong with that mind you. It is just sort of nice, and odd, that a game with a high priced name attacked to it is good to start with.

If it wasn't a prequel to two much better games, I think more of us would be willing to ignore the issues.As is, you can't exactly pull the 'it's good for a licensed game' card when Asylum and City both showed how much better this game could have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

KieranWalker posted:

That actually always kind of bugged me about the Arkham games. I got hung up on a puzzle early in Asylum because the intended solution would've been lethal... if anybody but Batman were doing it. Naturally. It's not exactly well thought-out.

The one where you have to knock a thug into Joker gas? Yeah, that kinda bugged me too. I mean, you technically knock him into the gas to force open a vent or something, so he's not in the gas for long, but still...

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Quiet Python posted:

Isn't Deathstroke also a big deal on "Arrow"?

As a part of the writers attempt to turn Green Arrow into Batman, yes.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm still annoyed that they made a prequel entirely to keep the Joker in the series.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Really Alfred? The Joker is dangerous? And not, I don't know, any of the other assassins?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So, this is probably the most uncomfortable Batman scene in the game for me. Batman knows that Black Mask has a pacemaker implanted because he has acute QT syndrome, and threatens to crank his heartrate up to 200+ BPM.

Which could potentially cause a seizure in him, among other things.

Also, beating up Black Mask after he's been tortured seems unnecessary. And futile, given that he didn't give in to his captors.

To be fair, it's not really any worse than dangling Loose Lips from that balcony.

But yeah, this is dark and edgy Batman, the least interesting of all of the Batmen.

Incidentally, why the hell did Batman need to scan Copperhead's sweat to see where she went? He was RIGHT THERE.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 18, 2015

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm just gonna go with 'Copperhead's a woman because they wanted a scantily clad female villain and Shiva is usually too dignified for that.'

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Huh. That was immensely disappointing. No cutscene for the Deadshot fight? The hostage didn't even matter until the last phase...

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Major_JF posted:

Didn't you see the little mega man homage for Deadshot? :)

Snipe Man was pretty great, I have to admit.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I can't tell if that Joker interlude was the best part of this game so far or the worst. Liked the Bane part, and I liked the dialogue with his mercenaries. It's a different kind of confidence than the kind that Batman usually destroys, so it's a nice change of pace.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Technowolf posted:

Does anyone else think that the scene between Alfred and Bruce in the last video was supposed to happen earlier? The tone is way different from what was happening earlier, and by now Bats has met Joker and knows it was he who hired the assassins, not Black Mask.

Yeah, not gonna lie, that really felt out of place, especially considering that Alfred was still in the 'you're going to be stupid and I can't stop you' mood when Batman showed back up to the batcave.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

...Wait, his actual codename is Bird? I thought that was just 'ooh who could this be' of some sort; Batman doesn't know who this person is but he knows they have a bird codename so he just calls them Bird.

Bird is quite possibly the worst super-codename I can think of. At least The Whizzer and Paste-Pot Pete have the 'lol silver age' appeal to them.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Gotta say, I do appreciate how Batman's voicelines are labelled as 'Bruce Wayne' in the subtitles for this part.

I'm not as happy with the addition of more Joker, especially considering it is essentially 'Arkham Asylum .5'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yes, yes, Bane breaking Batman's back was very cool.

There's absolutely no reason to have one of his thugs refer to Batman as 'the one who must be broken.'

• Locked thread