Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
This weekly event thing is hard as balls and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I think tap firing into the ground is still more effective, but I haven't tested it and even if it is, I feel like it doesn't really matter. The game is in a good place balance-wise.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Looks like the next weekly adds Fleshpound variants:

Quarterpound, fleshpound, and a new boss: King fleshpound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zff2VAA7-EM

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Gets you a neat centerfire skin.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

This event made me realize how much damage a team of sharpshooters and commandos can do on a boss. Good lord

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

This weekly is hilarious and I love my tiny hat.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Elysiume posted:

How, in tyool 2017, does a company have such a bad matchmaker? No, I don't want to be on a server with 300 ping. Any time I feel too lazy to find a good server and rely on the matchmaker, it lets me down.

Battlefield One has a 50% chance of putting me on an empty server or a server with 300+ ping every single time. To me it's crazier that there are matchmaking systems that actually work.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Alkydere posted:

Is it still faster to close the game and restart it to get to the main menu in BF1 than it is to quit after a round is over?

No, but only because they made the quit/restart process slower. :dice:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Skoll posted:

Far as I know, nope. Once you miss it, it's gone. Last weeks was a dumb hat anyway so you didn't really miss anything.

Please don't speak ill of my tiny, golden hat.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I feel like the upside of more consistent zedtime extensions with the Stoner outweighs the low damage per shot. With the SCAR and MedAR I'm always running out of ammo or mid reload at the worst time.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Theta Zero posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiOzQYEO5t0

Here's a video of us screaming while being hit by Fleshpounds as a server bot insults us.

This owns and I hope the king fleshpounds sticks around

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I got spurs that jingle jangle jingle...

Wait, what are we talking about again?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Theta Zero posted:

All this weekly really does is punish uncoordinated teams, otherwise it's indistinguishable from Suicidal 7-wave.

Pretty much how I felt, although it was kinda funny seeing a siren come around the corner who was both on fire and 10 feet tall.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Killing Floor 2 is the headline game for next month's HUMBLE monthly. Heck yeah! Should get a nice influx of people in about a month.

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I know a few people that tried it at various conventions and expos and said it's fun, but unremarkable. VR as a whole is kinda like that.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I think they're going to make a move on leveling pretty soon what with the prestige stuff we keep seeing added in the editor.

Beyond that, I can't wait for Zed Christmas.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

My plan has always been the following

Time to level, rank 1-20: 1 win per level, 1-3ish losses per level.

Time to level, rank 21-25: 2 wins per level, 4-5ish losses per level.

Add prestige so the sperglords have something to cling to, make rank 25 prestige 3 take four years of grinding for all I care.

Just make it so you can get to 25 in one class after about a week of semi-giving-a-poo poo so you can actually bring new people into the game and give them something fun to do instead of getting to level 4ish and quitting because the class system does gently caress-all for them in the timespan of a free weekend.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

3xp per heal is also hilarious bad. Are they really afraid of people cheesing it? It should be like 20 xp per heal.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Theta Zero posted:

Hemogoblin with shrinky weekly produces interesting results.

It's the new Slenderman

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Player power in PD2 is also built on multiple layers of meta-game RNG bullshit which really killed my will to play with some of my friends that are prestige 3 or whatever and have all the good guns and attachments and if I have to grind out one more of Gage's coins for a scope I will die...

Comparatively, Killing Floor 2 has a pretty simple leveling system. It's pretty grindy, but at least a level 5 and 25 can click heads together without the level 5 feeling worthless and dying instantly.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Where is the option for "stop supporting Vs mode, it's bad"

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Christmas event on December 12th http://steamcommunity.com/app/232090/discussions/6/1489992713693095940/

Opt-in beta for the event launches on December 5th if you can't wait.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

I really like the new map. I feel like it blends the new post-The Descent style chamber maps and the classic hold-out maps incredibly well. The hold-the-zone gimmick is excellent, too.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

They do lick themselves with licorice tongues tho

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

aniviron posted:

There's a very faithful and reasonably-attractive fan remake of Mountain Pass out already. Thing is, KF2's gameplay doesn't really suit that map very well, and it tends to be a complete cakewalk except for the MLG husk snipers that will hit you from a couple hundred meters away reliably and just stand up there raining death on your team.

To be fair, Mountain Pass didn't really fit KF1s gameplay either.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

puppy party posted:

Halloween event is live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM-cRB3-DDA

Lots of new crap and tweaks in the patch notes, too much to dump in one post: https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=232090

quote:

Designer Note - We increased the rate of his farts

Hell yeah!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Yuletide Horror is - apparently - here! Yaaaaay!

New map is massive, but isn't very christmas-y. The Matriarch is well done...

Game's still good and well populated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBCz_rlh_pM

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

HoE is deep in the territory of diminishing returns and to me serves simply as bragging rights. I'm glad it exists as an option, but I don't get any enjoyment from it.

Also I missed the six year anniversary! Early Access launched April 2015. It's so great to see that they continue to support the game, but it's feeling a little long in the tooth - especially with regard to load times. Maneater was really good and Tripwire are publishing Chivalry II, but I wonder what they're up to on the development front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

That's a pretty fast turnaround from "gently caress around" to "find out"