Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

God, nothing is more annoying than a level 25 Berserker with no idea on how to block wasting a slot on the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Section Z posted:

I'm terrible at parrying so mindsets more extreme than the above are why I don't even bother trying to level them. Oh I can't solo a HoE fleshpound well why am I even playing with fun swords then gosh. Back to commando where people can't notice if I'm missing half my non trash headshots or not on hard-suicidal.

I mean, sure I know what a block button is. But that only goes so far when you gently caress up a parry, get a chainsaw to the face when already low on health and the only reaction to this is "Oh, well I guess he should just uninstall then."

It takes about 30 or so hours to get to level 25, plenty of time to develop the skills needed for any one class and parrying is one of the core abilities of the 'zerker (see also: level 25 medics who haven't learned to heal teammates or focus on their 'zerker when a big guy shows up), mistakes happen while playing, but given how easy it is to cheat perk levels in KF2 it is very blatant when a level 25 player joins a Hard game and proceeds to play terribly.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Theta Zero posted:

I swear the weapons are either hitscan or so fast they might as well be outside of zed time. In zed time, I'm almost certain your bullets are slower (as in, relative to speed of the game).

You're actually right. Bullet weapons are hitscan when outside zedtime and they slow for dramatic effect during zed time.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The guide seems pretty accurate. It should probably be added to the OP as well, think of it.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Link?

Edit: please, a "cancel download" option for custom maps. PLEASE.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/232090/achievements/

I wonder if they're going to be adding stuf like "kill Volter using nothing but crovels" or "kill 300 Sirens with explosives" or other dumb achievements like that.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Steam recommended me this game because I play Killing Floor 2. If I was Tripwire I'd be sweating to get some work done, because there's a new contender in the house.

Maybe for the 486 crowd.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I hope taking the perk breaks your arms and you have to use weapons with a sling. Sort of a handcap mode for people who think HoE is too difficult.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mendrian posted:

I mean yes, people who take off are tools. But the number of times I've turned around from the trader only to find most of my team has taken off somewhere unannounced and no clear idea how to get there makes me a little gun shy. Make it a toggle or something. Or an option like the crosshair. Getting separated during a wave often means death and I think that's boring. I want to help my team.

Maybe an outline during the trading phase.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Require More Fire posted:

Is there a good, up-to-date KF2 wiki with stats and poo poo anywhere? I always used KF-Wiki.com but it's barely got any KF2 content on it at all.

As far as I know the closest thing is this one.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, the one time we kicked someone who was AFK the same thing happened.

Theta Zero posted:

I was idly browsing some info about when Killing Floor was just a mod. A lot of the music was ported over to the retail version, but unfortunately this gem got lost in translation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5kSFoK-2uI

I had completely forgotten that song existed. It was pretty good. This also made me realize I've been playing one form or another of Killing Floor for a decade already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO8_urlZElc

Holy poo poo.

Edit: Actually, I think there was a version even earlier than this, or maybe I am just misremembering things.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 11, 2015

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

oh dear god where is the dev burn time charts IT'S FRIDAY QUESTIONER IS loving US AGAIN ALL THE NEW PERKS ARE PAID DLC CONFIRMED I SAW IT ON YOUTUBE $20.99 PER PERK 💸💸💸💸

Actually the game is going f2p and you pay a subscription fee to play classes other than four starting ones or maps other than Catacombs. Also you can buy weapons with real money and spawn with them, so now you can drop $16 bucks to start with a Microwave gun.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

closeted republican posted:

Here's an easy-to-read summary of the latest update from Reddit.

I love how people go through the trouble of making a translation when the end of the update has it spelled out clearly.

"Tripwire Interactive posted:

Translation:

Lvl 5
Shoot ‘n’ Scoot – Move faster while shooting and aiming down sights.
Quick Draw – Faster weapon switching

Lvl 10
Rhythm Method – Each headshot will increase your damage
Bone Breaking – Flat damage increase

Lvl 15
Speed-load’n – Faster reload
Penetration – Additional penetration

Lvl 20
Center Mass – Increased stumble power with body shots
Knockdown – Increased knockdown power when a sprinting zed is shot in the leg

Lvl 25 zed time
Fan Fire – Shoot faster in zed time
Uber Ammo – Unlimited shooting without reloading in zed time

I suppose bullet resistance stands for penetration?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

She Bangs the Drums posted:

the flaw with Firebug is they have to close range and it takes the zeds time to die.
A good Commando can pop heads on sirens, husks, and bloats from far enough range to keep them form getting into play.
Still Commandos suck at killing big guys. the good thing is their guns are so light, you can pretty much carry anything, so its a great support class.
Jack of all Trades master of none.
Commando really doesnt have a narrow role so its not amazing in anything.
Personally I love being a Commando, so I can carry a SCAR a Medic SMG and some other wonderful Tier 3 weapon.
Plus my grenades are good.
Also my talents are really good. Call Out being a really good one.

Didn't Commando have bonus damage to all weapons at some point at the very start of the Early Access or is this one of those things I hallucinated? Because it is definitely a bonus that should be back if Tripwire really doesn't want to give the class recoil reduction.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

To be fair Twitter is an official channel of communication with the community.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah.

Honestly, I can forgive people who boost if they actually know how to play, but it is kind of sad when you see a level 25 come into a hard game and not even carry their own weight.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I know this is old talk, but I was trying to get into Demolitionist again and I still loathe the grenade pistol. It really is a single-shot shotgun with no penetration and the only advantage it has is the ability to crown sirens if they're not screaming (still not level 15, which might be a gamechanger). Sure, you can position yourself to hit like three zeds, but you can also take three zeds down with the pump shotgun without spending as much time maneuvering, which is something you often don't really have the luxury of. I've spent more time being a second-rate gunslinger with the Dualies for Demolitionist XP than actually using the starting weapon.

Should I play Firebug to get enough dosh to buy the RPG and then switch perks so I can feel like an useful Demo?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

What is the actual best-made community level so far? I don't know if any are up to TWI's standards but for so early in the game's life there has been some very well made ones so far

Well, they have a mapping contest worth about 50k going on, so something's decent is bound to be in.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am looking forward to getting free item drops to sell off to subsidize my gaming habit.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Patty lost all his hair, KF3 will feature hairball monsters as a result of the Patriarch's on-going struggle against baldness.

Interesting that they mention 6 new weapons instead of only the Gunslinger's new ones. I wonder if they're counting his grenade and knife or if we're getting sneak-peeks at Gunslinger/SWAT.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Someone's having a delightful meltdown over the new Patty in the Steam comments.

quote:

Please release this as diffrent boss type and release patriach like kf 1 I DON'T WANT TO SEE FREAK I WANT TO SEE OLD COOL PATRIACH

quote:

Well my suggest they need burn this thing and rethink of comunity comments or make new patriach and make this thing as diffrent boos with diffrent name I mean you can't make freak to main boss of series if we look kf 1 he be so much person in events ring master robo santa or Sheriff Wade or vampire now I am looking kf2 its impossible give skin like this to him %100 suck for me. Well TW must think all of this stuf and remodel him.

quote:

No I am not get over with it I overly dissapointed I am really fan of Patriarch thats why I convert him with his animations and all skins to SFM and gmod and I bought the kf2 just because hoped to see Patriarch HD skin and than I got this freak so I reall pissed off for this.

quote:

Well this need to be open ticket to steam to get our money back because this not what I except from the game. The ne Patriarch killed all my hopes just I bought this game for Patriarch . I need get answer from devs for this worst Patriarch. I mean who is this idea?

quote:

Somethings not to be changed this thing could be other boss but not for Patriarch. I mean look to MK is shao kahn changed to freak like this? He always be cool so why the Patriarch changed to freak cool guy gone and hello to this freak ring master dididng we got winner

All from the same guy. You've ruined his life TWI.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 26, 2015

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

If they are maintaining some standards from KF1 it is likely the Patriarch will be vulnerable to explosive, so between having the abiltiy of taking rockets to the face and dishing out damage I can see Demolitionist being a decent gamble for the boss stage. I fully expect to always roll Hans when going Demo, though.

It is not exactly something new, KF1 Patty could instakill players with the rocket launcher, but there was an obvious tell that he was going to do that and it was easily avoidable by seeking cover, so that factored in when picking a place to engage him. Not sure how that will be affected by the mortar attack mentioned.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Okay, just one more.

quote:

I am waiting answer from TW for this bullshit Patriarch I could be biggest fan for patriarch because I want to see people moveies about him than I convert him to source engine so I really diserve answer for this abusement for me. I fell like stupid to buy the early accses to game I mean comon TW where is the cool Patriarch its so iconic to see him like that thats makes you diffrent from other zombie games Hans is fine because its looks like Patriarch but this new update make me so dissopinted you make fell like wasted my money. I just bought this game for Patriarch why you did this to me.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

so now that there's a 50/50 chance of Hans/Pat.... does that mean there's a 50/50 chance you'll prepare incorrectly for the wrong boss and rage yourself to death?? that seems like it could be frustrating

Two docs, a zerker, three supports with AA-12s, plus spares bought with the party's collective money. Should work against the Matriarchy even.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Skoll posted:

Considering we have zero idea how the Matriarch will be implemented, that's jumping the gun a bit.

Eh, not really. Considering how most of the classes deal bullet type damage it is very unlikely we will see a boss resistant to bullets, a zerker to take damage is always handy and two doctors should always be enough to keep a team alive.

Not the most fun, but probably the most reliable boss-killer team for people who care about their win ratios.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

That picture must be hella old, can't remember the last time I saw someone using the Eviscerator.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I get the impression that the Medic nerfs (as well as the Smash nerf on the Zerk) are more a reaction to the fact that based on Tripwire's metrics people consistently take those skills over the alternative. Though in an ideal world it would have been better to make the alternate options more appealing.

On that note, I play a lot of Medic, and I am personally not sure that will ruin the class, the armor gain always felt slightly broken - specially once you got the assault rifle -, so I'd reserve judgement to after I've had a chance to play the update.

And SWAT better make ample use of that "Electric Weapons" tab.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Gunslinger is hella fun, all the guns sound and feel awesome. Also the Patty boss fight is really fun due to continuous stream of zeds and the variety of attacks, I missed the bastard and I am glad at least he kept his reading glasses. You can just fire Hans now.

The Black Forest map is also very good and I was surprised by the amount of custom lines characters have in response to parts of it, also by the small trees being knocked down by gunfire/raging fleshpounds. My only caveat is that sometimes it is not clear where you can jump off from due to invisible walls and that can cause you to get cornered. Still have to try out Farm V2, but so far this feels like a drat cool update.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I'm not sure about this. It could be good, but if you lose everything the second you miss one headshot, that bonus isn't going to go very far when you try to unload on something.

You gain 10% per successful headshot and lose 10% for each miss if I read it right. Not sure how it works out for big zeds.

Also dropped the tackiest loving shotgun skin and promptly sold it.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 4, 2015

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I believe TWI mentioned Farmhouse was originally a map they made for internal use to test stuff and it shows. It is probably the weakest map in the game and it is pretty small, also very easy to defend in in front of the house, with wide open spaces and even convenient cover against the bosses. I can see it being voted a lot by people looking for low effort victories.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

CJacobs posted:

Obligatory post about gunslinger: I headshotted a stalker as it flipped at me and the bullet went through and headshotted another stalker who I had not seen behind it. Gunslinger is good.

Also I got a rambo bandana and sold it for 30 cents and have not seen another drop since. Have there been any stats uploaded anywhere about how the drop system works? Do you have to win the match to get one? Do you have to be alive at the end? What is the % chance?

My first (and only) drop was after dying to Hans, so I can confirm that there is no need to win in order to get an item.

Loading animation can no longer be cancelled by aiming, but can be cancelled by throwing a grenade or using the bash attack. Not relevant for most guns since you don't really gain time, but makes a real difference for the gunslinger, so I can see TWI removing reload cancelling to prevent the exploit.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Kikas posted:

Obviously, Demo needs something like a handgun with explosive bullets.
Probably one of the first "sidegrade" weapons TWI will put in the Store.

That would be a great Tier 2 weapon, given the Demo doesn't have anything to go into that slot.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Broose posted:

New patch just dropped. Did they nerf everything into the ground so soon? Don't see a news post about it.

This thread has the stuff.

Tripwire Interactive posted:

Hello everyone,

We're pushing out a small patch to yesterday's Return of the Patriarch update to address some issues that have be found since the release.

We are aware of and still working on a couple of stability issues and are planning to release another update to address these stability issues as soon as we have a solution. We'll keep the community updated with more information as this develops.

The 1016 update includes the following changes:

Fix for flame and beam weapons doing extra damage when rapidly clicking
Retroactive achievements granted for players who already have high level perks
Fix for losing weapons after using the trader or picking up weapons in the world
Pistol kills are now correctly tracked in the after action report
Visual tweaks and fixes to the Patriarch fight
Fix for some cosmetic items not working correctly on Classic Briar
Decreased minimum mouse sensitivity for UI slider back down to 1

Other recent changes made on the backend should address the following issues:

Null cosmetic items dropping at the end of a game
Wrong level up achievements being displayed when unlocked, this should retroactively address the issue for anyone who experienced this in the last day

Top known issues to be addressed in the next update:
Flex remains limited to LOW setting while we address crashes related to Flex.
Instability for some clients in Farmhouse

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mesadoram posted:

Gonna play the FB when I get home, but I feel like this is only really an exploit fix for the MWG. Burst fire for the flamethrower type weapons still make sense due to burn damage.
Need to see how badly this affects the MWG gun though...

They also need to fix the the splash damage bug, but as someone who usually mains Firebug I have to agree that it is the right choice in terms of making the class more balanced without taking the fun out of it.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Alteisen posted:

I mean I don't know what difficulties you guys play in but that armor and healing can be all difference between life and death especially with Hans melee rush so insanely out of control(saw a bud die to it last night at 90% health, on hard), that poo poo is overtuned to gently caress.

And BECAUSE of this poo poo track record yea, I don't have an ounce of faith on Tripwire balancing anything or bringing classes in line, they'll just nerf the gunslinger to "bring it in line" with the other classes.

Dude, Hans calls out when he's going to the "I am going to kill you" combo, he literally shouts "Time to die!" and looks at the target. Just switch to the knife and start running/blocking and you will survive it even if as an unarmored character.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Require More Fire posted:

Only drop I got was from my first death, and it was the common woodlands skin for the bullpup.

Only drop I got was from my first death, and it was a common woodlands skin for the boomstick.

I can see a pattern here.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

From my experience Gunslinger is a pretty solid class, specially at removing specialist zeds and using mobility to survive against swarms, the .500 is specially hilarious, I am still level 4 and I managed to kill four clots with a single shot, it is also pretty decent against Scrakes. Fleshpounds with their bullet resistance are pretty much the only thing the GS can't deal with reliably, with the caveat that I've only played the class on hard so far.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Libertine posted:

This is probably a stupid question but I'm throwing it out because I can't figure out what's happening.

I'm playing Demolitionist today for the very first time, and the Sticks of Dynamite, how do they work? I got them to detonate a few times but I don't really know how I did. Are they on a timer? Do you have to trigger them? Is there something else that happens? They don't seem to work like any other grenades.

They take longer to detonate. Get On Contact at level 5 and they become the best grenade in the game, with the caveat that sometimes stalkers will kill you by existing.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

As someone who suffers from mostly terrible aim I can't really say that the Gunslinger is overpowered. Its most overpowered aspect is having a skill that greatly rewards being a good player and people who can reliably maintain headshots for Rack 'Em Up are probably beasts when playing the Commando as well and will wipe the floor when Sharpshooter arrives next year, so I don't really see the problem.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mr Tastee posted:

I also like to play as Classic Briar and Masterson with white hair and clear glasses so I can be Somebody's Dad and Math Teacher, respectively.

Thank god, I thought I was the only one.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I will probably get GS to level 25 before any other class simply from buying the Desert Eagle or .500 for other classes as sidearms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Kikas posted:

Demo can easily pack an RPG, Dual Deagles and a Medpistol.

And this is the optimal loadout, the easy trick of buying Deagle makes Demo fun, good and useful without needing to grind to lvl 15 for Siren immunity. It also means you don't rely on the Grenade Pistol at all.

Yeah, I usually get the Deagle after Wave 1 for the Demo and it makes the class a lot more viable, since those pistols solve the biggest weakness of the Demo, namely being useless against stuff that's in your face.