Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

DatonKallandor posted:

The basic pump shotgun is not that great sadly though (except for the reload animations, those are great). All the other shotguns make up for it.

Does this mean the Combat Shotgun feels like an overall improvement compared to the basic shotgun now? It was literally the only shotgun weapon I didn't like in KF1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

DatonKallandor posted:

I have literally no idea because I never bothered to buy the Combat shotgun. I always had either not enough money for an upgrade from the basic pump, or enough money to go to the Medic Shotgun and from there to the AA-12.
But I guess:

I didn't miss out on much (except some Support XP, which I made up for with Medic XP during the Medic Shotgun times).

I'm just going to take this answer and file it under "No", if you didn't consider it even worth so much as looking at during the entire beta :v:

KF1 the Combat shotgun compared to the generic Pump action-
Pros: Semi auto.
Cons: A base cost up to $1,000-$1,750 more than any support weapon but the AA12
Held less shots than the vanilla shotgun (6, instead of 8)
Had a slower reload speed than the vanilla shotgun.
Not as cool as a double barrel boomstick.

Unless the KF2 Combat Shotgun has more to it compared to the stock shotgun than "It has semi-auto", or at least isn't WORSE than the stock shotgun outside of that, yeah...

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Capn Beeb posted:

Replace lettuce with zed head :black101:

This gives the strange impression that they had stuffed that lettuce full of glitter before exploding it.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

UltraVariant posted:

Then release hour comes and Murphy's Law takes effect.

Murphy's law would be not enough people interested to buy an "our servers can't handle it" amount of copies :saddowns:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ruggington posted:

Toggle-able damage numbers are the greatest and should be in every game

As are customizable hit sounds.

The Sonic the hedgehog ring pickup noise is just perfect for that, satisfying for single and full auto :allears:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Gentleman, it has been a pleasure. Soon we will all die from our hearts exploding from the excitement.

Even if not for the fact I like DJ Skully, and 3D Glasses, the fancy edition would be worth it because of the cool soundtrack and "Not a loving joke" sized art gallery (Unless "over 200 images!" counts the amount of zeds in one screenshot as individual images or something bonkers). The freebie copy of KF1 is also nice because it is easy to forget it still costs :10bux: :10bux: when it's not having one of it's countless 90% off sales.

Yes it's an old game, but that's still a game that costs twice as much as the price difference between normal and fancy KF2 purchase all by itself if you didn't happen to have it yet and wanted to see what the old one was like.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Require More Fire posted:

Enjoy my :10bux:, Tripwire. Deluxe Edition purchased, got my PC at home downloading. Can't wait to get in and do this poo poo.

Oh, right. I totally got that the first try...

Not like I could go insane and buy the Delux edition after anyways. Steam is very strange about this sort of thing and tells you "You already own this! Gift only"

EDIT: Steam support is notorious and I'd hate to use my "One Refund" on rebuying the same game. How exactly do I go about getting the Deluxe edition stuff since I misspurchased the normal edition? Even if I wanted to wastefully throw another 40 bucks at this game, bundle deals like to go "You already own this idiot, you are only allowed to buy this as a gift!"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 21, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Peewi posted:

There's an upgrade to the deluxe edition available.

What is my loving failure with "Scroll down more" today :doh:

...Oh, it wont let me buy the upgrade because I already own the game :downs: But that's fine because at least now it's not 100% my own idiocy, just 99%

vvv Yeah, it's not the end of the world or anything, just excited. I'm honestly impressed at how fast things are being sorted in general, somebody on the steam forums just commented that I wasn't crazy, that Deluxe upgrade button wasn't there when I last looked all of two minutes prior.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 21, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Questioner86 posted:

Already sent off that e-mail to Valve. We absolutely intended for it to be a giftable copy.

Also, DDE Upgrade should be in the store page and DDE content should be showing up for people who own it. Restart Steam if you're still having issues!

I am amazed at how fast you are working on this. It was so fast I was sure I had simply overlooked the button in the first place.

Currently it tells me the deluxe edition is redundant with items already in my cart... When it is the only item in my cart. This is after a restart.

Good luck dealing with all the steam shenanigans. I can wait easy enough for frivolous extras since I know you're working on the issue.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 21, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Some dumb idiot posted:

The original Hans concept is very, uh :gonk:

Considering his hairstyle, any genetic relation to the Stalkers? Or does he just give fashion advice while performing his experiments?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Stormgale posted:

What is the point of the Eviscerator (the saw blade thing) it has low ammo, uses fuel to melee and can't block... it kind of seems worse as a berserker than packing a nail gun and the hammer.

Not having to make individual swings at later waves when there are a zillion trash zeds, and a ranged attack for Zerkers who want one but won't touch the nailgun.

Also it's cool.

EDIT: vvv I was completely unaware you could do that :allears:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
It's always fascinating watching EULA chat.

How much of a baby you are called for wondering about it seems to relate to how much people like the devs, even if the wording is identical across games :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I had never dared to dream bog standard arguments over bog standard EULA would bring such wonders :munch:

Jueg01 posted:

Anyone know if the copy of KF1 that comes with the Digital Deluxe Edition is "giftable" if you already own it?

I think the Devs might be working working on this? along with the Steam cart hiccup of owning KF1 in first place meaning you cant buy the Deluxe upgrade if you got regular KF2.

EDIT: Checking just now, Deluxe upgrade is now buyable for me though warns I won't get a spare KF1 copy if I do.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 22, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Accordion Man posted:

Yes Scrakes definitely feel more like a threat unless you're a Zerker and good at parrying. I need to get more of a hang of parrying, because the Pulverizer is such a fun weapon and I'm enjoying playing the class.

Do Skrakes flinch less from a nice explosive sledgehammer swing on higher difficulties than normal I assume? I am the literal worst at parrying but alt for pulverizer seems to work out okay on "I get it, I'm not so good at this you guys :saddowns:" difficulty Skrakes.

Gunfire wise I am super terrible at consistently headshooting anything you really really want to consistently head shoot, such as Skrakes, Fleshpounds, Hans, and Sirens. Everything else I can close my eyes and pop the skulls off of though (oh sawblade right through the skull of a Husk, didn't even see you there). I swear my ability to click heads is inversely proportional to how important it is to click heads.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
QoL wish: That you could interrupt the reload animations by throwing a grenade because holy poo poo I need to throw some grenades more than I need to have to try reloading when I am cornered by a scrake and a dozen zeds right loving now :argh: :argh:

Also whoever said tapping sprint interrupts reload, it never does in my case, I can't sprint until it's done reloading. The melee bash does but I feel silly having to melee bash to cancel my reload so I can throw a grenade and then wonder "Wait, would it have been faster to wait through what was left of my boomstick reload?"

Petty UI wishes: I wish there were alternate keybinds. I have been spoiled by this option in other games, I like having things like melee bash both on a side mouse button and keyboard for example. But this isn't exactly an important thing.

RE Medic guns: The Assault rifle has as nice an ammo pool but it feels like the AR goes through ammo in a "I just blinked and all my bullets are gone" speed... This may be heavily biased because SMG for me is a lot of tiny bursts while the Assault rifle is OH gently caress OH gently caress IT'S A FLESH POUND and I forget that you are allowed to let go of a trigger.

AR will kill poo poo dead faster than an SMG, way more damage. It's just you sort of forget that when your SMG lasts so long popping trash.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 22, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

dogstile posted:

If you're going up against hans and you have a spare weight slot left, buy a medic pistol.

Every now and again switch to it and shoot your pubbies with the darts, then go back to owning hans. 100% success rate!

I've done it once

This is why I wish we had ONE more weight in general. Because then my support could go Stock shotgun (5), AA12(10), Medic Pistol(1) without having to take a talent I do not have for +5 weight.

Also I finally got around to the deluxe edition upgrade and yes that gave me a giftable KF1.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ravenfood posted:

But the hunting shotgun is only 4 units and better in every way than the stock? Like, its a very serviceable main weapon rather than the big threat killer t was in kf1 (On normal 7 wave at least)

There is that, but I like the more than two shots aspect of the pump when I'm basically saving the AA12 for bigger problems, and when the game decides to throw a ton of crawlers I'm not so great at angling the boomstick to clear out the horde or crawlers while still dealing "satisfying" damage to gorefasts and such unless they are right on top of me. I'm probably over compensating in how low I am on crawlers anyway.

The AA12's high ammo capacity goes by fast when you have more than one fleshpound coming for you.

I love the boomstick, but ye old pump action just feels more all around serviceable than stopping to from empty every 2 seconds, basically. But at the very least I'd be willing to give Boomstick/AA12/medic pistol more of a shot. Unlike trying to justify to myself using the combat shotgun.

Drakenel posted:

Just to note for supports or want to be supports, you can blast away husks and sirens in one alt fire with the hunting shotgun, but rarely ever if you fire each shot individually. Very useful for taking them out between attacks.

This is always very satisfying, though I didn't reaize the individual shots couldn't do the job because I was always using both barrels because gently caress sirens, even when they are not hiding behind a scrake or something so I can't whip out a pistol or varmint rifle I found on the ground to blow their head off from outside of screaming range.

EDIT: The only non weight reason I dislike the boomstick is my terrible luck in some clot somehow barely surviving out of a pile of gorefasts and crawlers and such getting vaporized and grabbing me mid reload animation, and then I think as I cancel my reload animation to melee bash them "If this was the pump action I could have just shot him by now" (as wasteful as that would be). I suppose that will become less of a thing as shotty penetrate bonus goes up.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 23, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

widespread posted:

Speaking of, I get the feeling the Combat Shotgun is still bad after all this time. Is it? Or is it more viable to boomstick it to the AA12?

The combat shotgun, if the in game stats are to be believed, is 25 damage over the vanilla shotgun's 20. I'm hazy on which reloads faster because that's the kind of thing I'm not so good at eyeballing without a stopwatch or something.

It is still $1,100, 8 weight, and hold 6 shots instead of 8 so at least to me personally it feels like you got seriously ripped off just for the "privilege" of a semi-auto support weapon that isn't the AA12.

AA12 is 1,500, 10 weight, over 30 more ammo, and has both semi and full auto modes for comparison. At least with the Boomstick vs Stock, I get the feeling if I got less poo poo then I'd never so much as touch the stock shotgun over the boomstick at the first opportunity (and the Boomstick weighs less than the generic shotgun too). Not so much with the combat shotgun, it's just... sort of there taking up space.

EDIT: The weapons currently in game that weigh 8 or more.
Combat shotgun (8)
Flamethrower (8)
AA12 (10)
Eviscerator (10)

One of these is not like the others. The Combat shotgun probably only weighs so much to try and justify the Support +5 weight perk "So they can have a Combat shotgun and AA12, because those are the two best shotguns right? :pseudo:"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 23, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Just make the glowy neon lines on the weapon a different colour for the shotgun and rifle since those are the two it's easy to confuse. It shouldn't be too hard to offer a colour-blind mode.

Put a sticky note on the side of your gun that says "SHOTGUN" or "ASSAULT" on it. These sticky notes can come in different colors if desired.

Bonus: They can get covered in blood so your Reload when full animation is putting on a fresh sticky note.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
With how often zeds launch 20 feet up into the air to clear railings (quite often right when I was about to headshoots) giving them trouble, it would be great if players got a bit more leeway for hopping over railings. I keep trying to hop them and instead just bouncing off because I wasn't already rubbing up against the thing hard enough to impregnate it before I pushed jump.

"Okay, I'll just hop over this railing instead of killing the last slasher so I can be closer than 100m to the trader when the *bounces off railing* oh you mother fucker *grabbed by slasher from behind * yes this is clearly my fault, really. Oh NOW I can hop over the railing on the first try t:mad:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Don't be afraid to use your baby 9mm pistol to kill trash (Cysts, clots, slashers, crawlers, the occasional gorefast) in the early waves, or even later ones just to conserve ammo for your fun guns (Hmm, do I want to use an entire shotgun cell for a lone clot? Do I want to walk all the way over there to shovel a Bloat to death, or shoot him in the face so he doesn't spit on me?)

Your 9mm still counts for your active perk experience with it's kills too. Same with your default tiny melee, the M2 swing with a scalpel can slice a clot in half if you nail them in the head.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

closeted republican posted:

I'm getting used to the 9mm actually being useful as a non-Sharp. :P It's particualry helpful with Support, as you don't really spawn in with a lot of ammo for the Mossberg 500. Unless you see a juicy multikill, just use the 9mm.

Despite what I just said I still use my shotguns on lone clots and crawlers a hell of a lot more than I should. "I could switch to my pistol, or machete, or even that varmint rifle I picked up off the ground. Or wait for that crawler to get closer to him.. gently caress it, I got two barrels"

On the subject of Trash, I've always been curious where Gorefasts fall in that consideration. Their heads still pop off readily enough, especially in this game. But KF1 a lot of my support random pubbie play time was "I am the only person murdering gorefasts, but I am okay with that"

Back in KF1 they seem to land in this oddball area where they are just nonthreatening/annoying enough compared to everything else above clots and crawlers they just sort of slipped through the cracks of attention and I'd always see one bashing a player in the back of the skull because they were too busy 360 noscoping every clot in existence, or (rightfully so) paying more attention to a scrake, fleshpound, or some rear end in a top hat shooting them with a ranged attack.

Akumos posted:

Gorefasts are really meaningless, before engaging Scrakes/FP I just nade crowds down(kill sirens first) so they die to that, and if you're just holding hallways or whatever I just pistol them in the head like clots.

Yeah, while I'm a terrible casual at KF I do kinda wish Gorefasts were a bit more notable compared to clots. I mean, I worry about CRAWLERS more than Gorefasts just because crawlers are annoying, more so as melee or "My shotgun spread is being wasted hitting the ground :qq:"

Maybe if Gorefasts loved sprinting even on Normal difficulty? I mean, they got fast right in their name.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 23, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Xaris posted:

I never played KF1 but this sounds really awesome. How finished is it for Early Access? Is it something that will easily burn you out due it's early-accessy nature?

While there are only-
4 out of 10 classes.
3 maps.
1 boss.

It's polished and complete enough that it makes most things put out in "Early Access" look bad. The recent beta was to get the initial wave of :cripes: bugs out of the way then instead of EA, so they can spend more of their EA time on actual gameplay development instead of bandaid fixes. More classes are forthcoming in the next months. They do plan on stat resets along the way, but the price isn't going to change between EA and Release.

I am a terrible casual at Killing Floor and I like the style of this one much more than the first one. A large part of that is because now you start off with a proper weapon based on your class (Support starts with a pump action, Commando starts with an semi auto/burst rifle, etc) and the difficulty levels don't ramp up health, instead adding more aggressive AI and unlocking new attacks (Husk has unlocked flamethrower spray! Bloat has unlocked Fat-Man-Can-Sprint-oh-poo poo).

Also there is now an option to turn on a crosshair when not ironsight aming if you are a huge baby like me. It's pretty wide even on more accurate weapons, but just having it's presence on the screen does wonders for hipfiring enemies in the skull.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 23, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

MooCowlian posted:

What's the advised commando loadout? At the moment I'm running the scar and whatever medic weapon I feel like grabbing when I have the money.

This is the outlook of a filthy casual but I've think Commando with Bullpup, SCAR, then throwing on the Medic SMG is cool because that is a shitload of bullets and you also have a heal dart.

Though that's not exactly a lot of high profile murder firepower either, when the SCAR is your hardest hitting weapon :v: But not like you can fit an AA12 alongside any Commando weapon but the Varmint rifle anyways if you wanna stay on perk.

Medic Pistol and Medic SMG are the only weapons I think of for Off perk because they are also the lowest weight guns in the game so I might be able to actually cram them into my inventory on top of a pair of Commando/Support/Berserker weapons, nevermind their heal darts on top. I should probably change that, or at least be willing to pick up medic guns earlier even if I'm not a medic.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I think the Varmint rifle is pretty good for a starter weapon/freebie you can pick up on the ground. Clicks heads off trash perfectly well even for somebody normally garbage at headclicking (I can headclick 20 for 20 so long as it's individual enemies, but the second you ask me to shoot the same head more than once :downsgun:).

Though I think it's burst could really use some work. If they made the Varmint rifle burst accurate enough to always land more than a single bullet into a bloat or siren's head without praying to RNGesus, it would give it a nice leg up and gimmick niche compared to the bigger guns that feel as much or more accurate even when in full auto.

The fact it is one of the spawns on the floor guns is why I don't expect them to really buff it all that much, if at all.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I also think the weapon switching takes a touch too long. It'd be especially great if I could switch to the syringe faster and if it had a larger hit box, so you could hit people with it from farther away. Anything to encourage non-medics to use it, really. Now that people are sprinting constantly, it's a bit harder to heal folks in the midst of a fire fight

Weapon switch speed is part of why I often find myself saying "gently caress it" and blowing away a lone clot with a shotgun rather than pull out the 9MM of machete. Though in a game like this I can see WHY they don't have quickswitch speeds because it makes the whole "Ammo managment" like more of a concern than "Oh I've run out of bullets while corned, I'll just pull out my second, and then third gun without breaking stride".

Maybe gunslinger will have a quickdraw talent? It would be thematic as well as more useful to them due to badass viddy game pistols not generally being known for their ammo capacity.

Metrohunter posted:

Every time I play Medic with pubbies, I usually end up dying by focusing on keeping my teammates alive and not having enough time to hide and recover myself. :(
Then they all start healing each other with their syringes after I die. Where's MY welfare healing? :argh:

Well obviously since you are dead you can't just wait for YOU to do it for them anymore :pseudo:

Also, the true terror of Horizone facilities I noticed while loving about solo.

No bathroom breaks allowed.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

I have no idea why but after a few seconds I just bust our laughing at this one.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Red Mundus posted:

I am so tired of enemies spawning near me, next to me, inside me, around me, on top of me, and below me. My god, I don't remember it ever being this bad in KF1.

The crawlers I can see but having a scrake just pop up around corners is driving me nuts.

Also I love the pulverizer which makes situations like that fun.

My biggest Eyeroll on that front so far was having a pair of Husks as the last enemies in my sight down the hall in snow land, I back out of the door, close it, turn around, and see a pair of fire blasts hitting me in the face as the husks come over a wall to enter the map. You have not been out of my sight for even two seconds, yeesh.

For some reason, it makes me more mad every time I see a zed get launched 20 feet into the air to clear four feet of stairs plus railing, while my feeble human legs can barely make it over a railing when I'm next to it. I have no idea why this odd quirk gets to me so much.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 24, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Serious Frolicking posted:

No estimates have been given. Presumably it will be done when it is done, though unlike most EA games that would mean when it has reached internal development goals.

While I do not fault people wanting to wait for more content, or for after the wipes, it is quite nice to see an EA game come out as fairly "complete" in a functioning sense for once. Instead of something like 'we'll be fixing clot spawns getting stuck underneath the floorboards and keeping the wave going forever' like most of us expect from "Early Access".

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I wish I could cause stuff like this on purpose :allears:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The most pubbietacular thing I've seen so far was having to tell somebody "Try pressing Q" after watching them run around on the opposite side of the map from Hans for a solid minute at half health. The smokebombs are a nice indicator IF you already know the gimmick, but it's easy to miss them if you are not looking right at him when he does it because they go away pretty fast.

Admittedly I've been mostly reading about the game since I've only been playing in small doses at a time. I finally have level 5 support and commando whoo! :downs: I've hit level 3 Medic, I love picking up the medic SMG at the end after I have the bullpup and SCAR (I'm not super pro enough to afford an AK, Scar, and SMG usually).

All of my Deaths to hans so far have been, after many many times of breaking off to heal at 80 health just fine, suddenly going from 80 to dead in an instant from his guns. I've yet to die to his gas or grenades, but then I also play on normal like a baby. I suspect my liking of commando would change on higher difficulties that throw more scrakes and fleshpounds at you but I actually like commando this time around.

I think the only thing keeping me from trying out medic proper is I prefer shooting things to ensuring people are topped up on health 24/7, as much as I whip out my SMG on the commando during hans to dart people.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Colosmicon posted:

Scrakes need 30% less health if they're going to keep these new animations. Currently, they have about the same amount of health as they do in KF1, but in KF1, you can reliably magdump into their heads.

I admit, as a filthy casual who can't consistently headshot the same target so good, I eagerly await the sharpshooter coming out to watch the divide between the true pro headclickers (not me), and people who THINK they are pro headclickers having a meltdown over how hard a time they have headclicking spinning scrakes.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Jimbot posted:

I wish there was better feedback if you're hitting a zed or not. Yeah, an explosions of gibs is a good indicator for lesser ones but ones that take a pounding it's hard to tell if I'm hitting them in all the chaos of running around and dodging all the poo poo. I've been playing support and while the shotguns are fun to use, it's hard to gauge the spread on them and I can never tell if I stun a zed with the double barrel's alt fire since they seem to just walk/run/attack right through it.

Enjoying the game, though.

Sirens are what get me the most for this, even when they are not constantly hiding behind a pair of fleshpounds and you want to land some desperate headshoots RIGHT NOW. "Am I even hitting them? Or am I just wasting my time and bullets".

I also find myself baffled at why I'm so bad at headshotting bloats compared to KF1. It's not like their heads are any smaller than a clots, what the gently caress's wrong with me? I'm not pro headclicker but these basic shots against slow moving enemies that don't duck and weave giving me trouble is so baffling. I can hipfire heads off clots, gorefasts, and even flipping stalkers without even trying though. I suspect on hard mode where they take more than one 9mm bullet to put down (Tried my hand at a quick solo hard mode, and suddenly I was needing more shots to the skull to kill things) that would change since CONSECUTIVE headshots I'm garbage at.

Granted, like clockwork most of my "sure thing" headshots against bloats are ruined by them warping up 20 feet into the air because they were within 10 feet of a railing or ledge. I've just given up on trying to get anything but bodyshots when enemies are near staircases or railings, Jesus Christ.

EDIT: Why am I so mad at Zed's warping their way up ledges and how hard it is for a player to jump over railings they are already right next to? Of all the things to obsess over, why does this make me so :argh:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 25, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Broose posted:

Were you ever able to shoot through teammates in KF1 with guns like the assault rifles? I could have sworn you could but it has been a long while. I've noticed that most of the time I'm unable to save teammates from clots and crawlers because the teammates body stops the bullet completely.

Also do bullets in real life travel this slow? It feels like I have to lead cyst walking perpendicularly only 3 or so game-meters (basically from the middle of biotics lab/water room to one of the sets of stairs) away an inordinate amount.

I have not noticed bullet travel times being an issue myself, where are people having troubles with this? The most I've had is sometimes in zed time the slow-mo throwing off my instinctive leading expectations and just barely missing a spinning gorefast's head.

Unrelated, the most visually disorienting thing in the game to me, is how much extra wobble there is on your rifle (Every single commando weapon, for example) when you try to ironsight immediately after a weapon switch, particularly during Zed time. "Oh there's a Siren off in the distance, I'll switch to my Scar and pop their head off...am I having a seizure? My scope doesn't shake this much when I'm getting hit by an attack".

You can seamlessly scope in so often, even after a reload, that it's really off-putting when suddenly your arms wildly swerving your gun around like it's trying to escape from your face in that situation. It's probably the sort of thing I figure not many will have really noticed or cared about, but would suddenly flip their poo poo over once sharpshooter gets released.

:allears:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 25, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Colosmicon posted:

If you want to fix that issue, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\Config and crack open DefaultInput.ini. Scroll to the end of the file and change ZoomedSensitivityScalar to 1, or whatever else you want your zoomed sensitivity changed to. Default is 0.35. There are a couple other important settings hidden down there too, like mouse acceleration (labeled bViewAccelerationEnabled).

Oh. no. I'm not talking about aim sensitivity.

I mean the model of your gun itself is physically wobbling about extra before it stabilizes. Go ahead, switch to your pistol, then switch to a Varmint rifle, SCAR, etc, and ironsight as soon as you can. Then compare it to scoping in normally, or even after a reload.

Admittedly it's such a small window for it to be caused, quite possibly only one second between when you are allowed to ironsight before the gun is fully drawn, and when ironsight will work normally. But when you are dealing with a horde of zeds and you want that next gun and your headshots RIGHT NOW, or your weapon switch and scope in happens as ZED time is kicking in, it can be pretty daunting. I do suspect like Broose said, that it would be literally faster to unscope/rescope rather than wait for the gun to steady.

Broose posted:

Not so much that it is in the way and I absolutely can't deal with it. It's more of a surprise. If tripwire modeled realistic bullet speeds then I'd say I never knew bullets traveled so, relatively, slow. I mean, a cyst is dodging bullets aimed at his head not more than a second's sprint away just by stumbling slowly in a direction.

Also, yeah that super wobble is really weird. I've never had the time to see if it actually ever stops myself, I just give up and re-aim.

Yeah, I can totally understand that feeling off if you are expecting it to work differently. I can sympathize with things just instinctively feeling "off" loving with you.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 25, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ramsus posted:

Yeah, I only say that because earlier in the thread someone says it didn't.

I appear to have been totally wrong about things I read before the beta came out that I assumed were still true :v: Though since I've only been poking at normal I only really noticed when Hans was around since Clot heads seem to still pop just as easily in solo normal as they do several players normal. I'd believe Scrake and Fleshpounds getting tougher even on normal but things tend to be a bit to chaotic for me to compare exactly (and I'm just shooting them from a safer distance unlike berserkers).

Man, does scrake/FP Aggro work on total damage or percentage of their health done or what? I never really could get my head around the variable health situation on them in KF1 for some reason.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Apr 25, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Pretty sure purpose of the auto focus is so you know you've been grabbed, because exactly like KF1, being grabbed means you're immobilised. Instead of being grabbed while surrounded and not knowing which clot has you/what to kill to get free, you now get focused to the guy grabbing you. :rolleyes:

Honestly it's crawlers body blocking me by just crouching there doing nothing at my knees that gets me stuck 98% more than getting grabbed ever does. Or I'll get grabbed, shoot the skull off the guy grabbing me, and can't strafe away because the mentioned crawler.

Majority of my times getting grabbed by a clot are when I'm reloading and oh look one has teleported to where I'm falling back to, reflex melee bash to the face.... :sigh: great now I have to restart my reload animation, again oh well keep goin-*teleporting clot around corner, reflex bash* MOTHER loving gently caress :argh:

While I know it would be a terrible idea on Hard, on Normal even when I've got a pile of enemies (well, not scrakes or anything) around me and I'm grabbed I've taken to just waiting for my gun to finish reloading. Totally worth the (normal difficulty) damage!

DatonKallandor posted:

They said this isn't the case and from playing it certainly seems like it isn't the case. Player numbers bump monster health - difficulty setting does not. Difficulty seems to increase zed counts per wave, increase zed quality per wave, increase zed damage and unlock new zed moves (this is mostly sprinting related).

Can anyone confirm how many 9MM shots to a clot's head it takes across difficulties and team sizes? Normal solo and Normal multiplayer I never noticed needing more than one 9mm shot to pop the heads off of clots, but this could just be my brain filtering out those extra shots. Meanwhile, if you load up Solo Hard, it now takes TWO 9mm shots to the skull to kill clots and slashers (still one shot with a medic pistol, so now it's somewhere above 15, but below 20 damage to pop a skull). Does 6 player normal make that difference and I've just never noticed somehow? Or do clots etc always take a single 9mm to the skull to take down on Normal regardless of player count, while hard ramps it up.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The worst part of zed movement is that right now zeds will just magically fly 3 feet up to walk on top of railings, which is frustrating as gently caress when it causes you to miss (which is pretty much every time it happens since headshots are important). It'd be nice if that could be fixed.

Literally the most infuriating thing in the game for me, it's such a petty thing but there it is. It makes high ground pretty useless defensively too when they can warp up from the bottom of a short stairwell. Meanwhile, good lord it seems so loving hard for you as a player to hop railings at times.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I kind of wish there was something similar for crawlers or that like the crawler's spikes on his back were taller, cause I do get killed by running endlessly into invisible crawlers sometimes. I don't know why it annoys people for clots, you kill em in one shot and you can just like turn around afterwards or something. Maybe have it as a toggle in options or something. But it makes me more annoyed to be blocked by something I can't see than it does to automatically be shown whats blocking me.

You and me both buddy :saddowns::hf::saddowns: Crawlers could be (are they?) the least harmful enemy in the game and I still hate em more than gorefasts or stalkers. The downward aiming angle also makes shotty penetration feel wasted to me because my pellets are hitting the dirt and kneecaps of enemies that can stand upright instead of wholesale torso removal.

Either I'm aiming just too high to nail crawlers properly, or too low to properly deal hurt to the rest when I use the boomstick :downs: You'd think this wouldn't be a problem but somehow I manage to gently caress up something as simple as boomstick altfire anyway.

Sirens hold a special place of it feeling like there is ALWAYS something that jumps in front of them when I'm trying to finish them off. on top of just generally being a bitch. "Okay I'll kill this Siren before she becomes a problem... Or two Fleshpounds can jump down from above and body block, that too I guess."

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ramsus posted:

Crouch down to fire straight ahead to take out multiple crawlers. Much more efficient.

I've done this firing downhill but for some reason it completely escaped me to do this in normal circumstances :aaaaa:

Also, variants chat. Scrake with an Eviserator?

PS please make fired sawblades glow and have signs with arrows pointing at them because I am a big dumb baby who can only find fired sawblades to pick up by walking over them on accident.

This is double great because it shows the happy joys of teamwork. Plus you do not see so many gifs giving the crovel... Krovel? I'd like to buy a vowel? The murder shovel any love.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

RickDaedalus posted:

How do I drop ammo with the Supplier Perk for Support? I checked the keybindings, but couldn't find anything.

The way it is supposed to work is that people come up to you and push use.. I think. But it's nothing active on your part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Questioner86 posted:

It's kinda interesting watching people call each other retard baby shits over the clot grab. Interesting and also loving dumb.

We don't even agree on it internally at Tripwire (Shocking revelation: we are not a game design hive mind) but if you're ever going to try out a mechanic early access is the place to do it. If it loving sucks we can always change it or make it an option or whatever. I'm just glad that something solves the problem in KF1 of not being able to move and not knowing that you're grabbed by a clot until a Fleshpound has expanded your anus.

I'm one of those people fine with the clot grab as is, and I'm not exactly "Good" at this game, just above pubbie average (Which isn't hard sometimes, I've had to inform some people you can use Q to heal yourself).

gently caress ankle height crawler bodyblocks though. Those "catch" me far more often than Clot grabs do, or when I do get grabbed form a clot freeing myself means I Cant go anywhere because I have to look straight down to notice there are crawlers tying my shoelaces together.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 27, 2015