Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I like the idea of starting every class with the level 5 bonus and capping XP at level 20 instead. Raise the requirements for each level to keep the same overall leveling curve, but that way you get a good idea for what your perk feels like without having to put a couple hours into it.

I'm kind of glad the level 25 bonus is a Zed Time bonus of often iffy value because that means unless you are generally hosed without/expected to have that last little bit of passive statistics, having the last most grindy portion of the levels not be a proper talent takes the edge off.

With how many iffy decisions they have made, I am pleasantly surprised that (so far) none of the class overhauls have gone "You know what? Everyone only ever picks this talent and considers it basically the one most essential talent to making the class viable. So let's make them always have it instead of a non choice!... As your level 25 final upgrade!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Skoll posted:

I still maintain there is no need for MG buff. :colbert:

Also, bring back the .50 cal!

I wonder what the weight and price for ammo would be this time around :v: What do you think a rough ballpark in thousands of dosh more or less to reload it would be compared to KF1?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Alteisen posted:

Gorefiends during Hans can gently caress right off along with their stupid spin attack-
Huh? I thought they would be a cool idea-

Alteisen posted:

with hyper armor.
Oh, of course they did this :sigh:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Psion posted:

I'm glad the Spitfires are better as Firebug because when I used them as a gunslinger I thought they were incredibly mediocre. I figured the fire part of fire revolvers would be important.

I think doing so is a mistake. You're talking about it being powerful when you're already level 25, only during zed time, using a specific 25 skill, and is otherwise normal? That's not something which needs nerfing. That's a good pairing of zedtime + weapon. Which is the whole point of that zed time skill.

just because something is fun does not mean it immediately needs nerfing. The rest of firebug needs fixing, yes, ruining something that's honestly pretty decent overall? No. I mean, yes, it looks loving astounding in zedtime but against a measure of damage output - like say dumping them into Hans - it's fine.

them looking astounding is an A+ bonus, though, and should be kept for sure.

I don't think he's saying he wants them to be nerfed. He's saying why they will probably be nerfed anyways following the usual Dev/HoE Masochist logic :v:

Otherwise, he wouldn't be disappointment the other Firebug weapons don't get anywhere near as nice results (or any) in Zed time.