Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I played KF 1 today for the first time since I got into the beta and it actually felt old. Kind of a bittersweet feeling.

It is a 6 year old game that was a modded version of Unreal 2004. As upsetting as it is, it is an old rear end game at this point. A great game, but old none-the-less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Is there anyway to increase mouse speed while iron sighted? I like how it reduces the speed of my mouse movements, but it seems a little extreme.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Colosmicon posted:

Change the ZoomedSensitivityScalar in your KFInput.ini. It's just a multiplier that the game applies to your mouse sensitivity.

Excellent! Thank you.

Nothing is quite as satisfying as blowing up a FP head with the shotgun hammer.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Eonwe posted:

lol at you guys complaining that an early access game doesn't have content quick enough

tripwire at least does updates and tells people their plans

most early access games pretty much loving die unfinished and unloved, for all time

This is why I played for a day to see if I will love the game. I do, but I am not going to play anymore of it till the game is out. Why burn out on an unfinished game?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
It's been a long time since I've played (didn't want to get burned out). Is the Firebug awesome? It was my favorite class in the first game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

sushibandit posted:

If you prefer shooty over stabby, firebug is the most fun class to play right now in my opinion. Flamethrower/caulk is great crowd control, mwave gun is hilariously OP and lets you solo big zeds easily, and flaretovs are a godsend on dark maps.

They put in the Microwave Expander from Duke Nukem?

:allears:

I think it is time to load the game up again. In the original I played the Firebug as more CC, so my team could focus more on the bigger Zeds.

sushibandit posted:

You're also more of a team player than, say, demo, because most of your kit doesn't instantly kill things which means the medic/comm/sup can drop a couple of bullets into flaming zeds to soak up exp.

Sounds right up my alley.

Theta Zero posted:

And also there's a perk that makes zeds explode when they die for firebug if you wanted any more reasons not to play demo.

I love these developers.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Colosmicon posted:

Last night, I watched Reverend Alberts elbow a clot so hard that it exploded.

Macho Man would be proud.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Psion posted:

I've definitely made zeds explode as a firebug with melee. I've probably posted a gif of it?

e: two of them
http://gfycat.com/IllinformedEarnestElephant
http://i.imgur.com/7kWJzLQ.gifv

Badass.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Quick question: I am level 16 on my Firebug (so I don't have splash yet), should I be aiming directly at Scakes and FP and when I get Splash aim at the floor? Also, I am firing in burst, should I just hold down the button till they go boom or is the burst the way to go?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Ruggington posted:

fire every firebug weapon in bursts and aim for center mass on big guys

aim the flamethrowers at the floor because lighting the ground and the zed on fire at the same time does extra damage

I had a guy call me a lovely player for aiming at the zeds feet with the caulk gun.

But I will keep that in mind for when I use the Microwave, I remember reading that aiming at the floor is the way to get the most damage out of it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Ruggington posted:

Yeah once you get Splash Damage aiming the microwave at the floor is the way to go

Awesome, thank you very much.

Require More Fire posted:

He probably leveled his perks on a perktrainer map and thus doesn't know what he's talking about.

You give him too much credit to be smart enough to do that.

Me: It sets the floor on fire.
Mentally Handicap Pubbie: No it doesn't gently caress you newb.
Me: It does, I just did it. You should pay attention and read about the games mechanics.
MHP: You should read less.
Me: Ok.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

moot the hopple posted:

There's no way that Nuke or Shrapnel plus Splash Damage won't take a nerf hit with the next update, they're just too drat good.

I feel like they justify this by the low mobility and low hp of the firebug. Then again I'm am biased about the Firebug so take that with a grain of salt...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kikas posted:

Firebug is also unreliable as the main damage source, mainly because he's not ammo efficient.

But for clearing trash, there is no equal.

The Microwave is by far one of the most fun FPS guns I've used in a very Very long time. Even if it is not the most ammo efficient, it is an amazing feeling blowing up so many mobs at once :allears:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Drakes posted:

Kinda a weird thing to say since ammo efficiency is very important for clearing trash :v:.

But yeah, firebug is less than ideal for dealing with big guys if you aren't running MWG.

I usually run Caulk and MWG. I usually run into ammo problems if they throw too many FP at us, other wise I usually scrape by.

Edit: It will always be the Microwave Expander to me :colbert:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 13, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

gnome7 posted:

The Flamethrower is so much better than the CnB it's ridiculous. It kills things much faster and has double the ammo, but the Microwave Gun is both so good and so fun and mostly so good that the Flamethrower is just seriously overlooked. I really wish there was a way to carry both the FT and the MG because that'd be the most fun loadout.

Wish I could have both the FT and the MWG. But I feel like that would be a tad bit OP.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Live the gimmick.

I used to take it all the time, but lately I've started to go C&B and Boomstick early on in games. The C&B is my light'em up weapon, and the Boomstick is my "bad touch GTFO" weapon. I just feel like if I'm going to take a shotgun, I'd rather have a bigger boom over the burn. I have no idea what the actual damage values are comparatively though so it may just all be in my head.

I think I am going to give the shotgun another chance. MWG and Shotgun, might not have the clearing capabilities of the Caulk, but it will have a nice punch (especially if shrapnel procs). Ammo is a big concern for me though, it is pretty low on the ammo scale where as the Caulk can seeming do a lot more with a lot less.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Psion posted:

the firebug shotgun is good; I like it a lot. It gives you a good ranged option that doesn't require the ranged perk.

land a headshot and watch zed shrapnel proc for good times.

That reminds me, I love how show-y the Firebug is. Getting a shrapnel proc on a group while using the MWG in zed time was one of the most memorable things that has happened to me in this game. Just a slow-mo giant explosions with body parts flying in every direction :allears:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Junkie Disease posted:

Early perks are so bad they should be combined.

Need to give you a little taste of greatness to keep you going.

It works.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Questioner86 posted:

It makes a lot more sense to balance things out once they're actually working as intended instead of trying to balance a broken system.

As true as that may be, the community will flip a poo poo when they change the MWG.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's better than DMoMM except for the lack of Mighty Booting, and except for the fact that two-handers are OP as gently caress because they never introduced a minimum swing distance for large weapons, so two-handers have range, speed and damage advantage over everything not two-handed.

e; also, it has screaming, so I feel the loss of the Mighty Boot is fine. It's a tradeoff.

It is also missing the spike traps that are conveniently placed next to enemies.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kikas posted:

All perks are good actually (Demo too - you just need to level it to 15), and with the right weapons you can fit almost every role on every class (with roles being trash cleaning/big guy removal/healing other people mostly). Welding is kina useful if you play Firebug, cause then you weld one door on wave 4-5, wait for it to amost burst and toss a molotov into it for sweet sweet free XP and dollars. But don't take my word on that as it varies. Stick with your team, going solo is the way to die in this game. The 9mm is trash, pick up the Medic pistol if you can, deals more damage and you can heal people in a pinch.
Oh and play at least on Hard, Normal is really just a warmup or if you wanna try out the perks.

Normal is great for getting used to the game. Hard feels like a very well balanced mode once you get a feel for the game.

After I get Firebug to 25 I am not sure which I should start playing. Demo seems super fun but Zerker seems more useful...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Yeah, I like Commando. He's not the trashman he used to be thanks to Firebug, but he feels like a good teamwork class. Highlighting Stalkers, being able to call out the heath on big stuff, plus the team-buff perks like Zed time extension and I think there's one that makes the whole team reload faster or do more damage.

Plus if you've got one that can land headshots reliably he can clear out trash before it even gets close enough for the Firebug to engage.

I feel like a few buffs to the Commandos damage or clip size would help it out a great deal. Little buffs here and there go a long way to making the class feel great (again).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Give the Commando its recoil reduction back. :v:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Buff everyone else to the same level, IMO.

This is how you make co-op games super fun. Not make poo poo OP, but buff instead of nerf.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

cliffdiver posted:

Speaking of which, once they introduce the Patriarch and Matriarch is it true that the boss is going to be assigned by map? I guess custom maps will still be random but it'll be kind of dumb when the map vote comes up and everyone goes 'Don't vote Volter Manor I hate fighting Hans' or some other similar scenario.

I would imagine it will be a random boss.

Hans would be much better if he did not just straight up one shot you in his final phase.

Runs at you at mach-jesus, one shot melees you before you can blink. Not that fun. Even high level zerkers struggle against his brutal melee onslaught.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kazvall posted:

I'd like to add that it's no fun playing 10 rounds as demo, then having to switch to something else for the boss. Hans is like 75% of the reason I don't play more often. The other 25% is not wanting to burn out before new content.

The damage resistance is pretty dumb.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kazvall posted:

Just remove Hans and make the "boss" round only Scrakes and FPs.

Half Scrake, Half FP, Siren head.

We will call it: Flerakein

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Also those colts look soooo good, I may abandon firebug for gunslinger.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Takes No Damage posted:

Burn the Heretic. Kill the Zed. Purge the Pubbie.

Blood for the Blood God.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Chachi posted:

Do it tripwire, bring over the best gun from payday 2. :getin:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Questioner86 posted:

Disclosure: I'm a KF2 dev

We've already had a free weekend (which always coincides with a sale) and I'm sure there will be more in the future. If you're not sure about this whole early access thing grab the game during a free weekend and decide if the game has enough content to be worth your cash.

You guys kick rear end.

On a side note, does anyone know how to add custom music to the sound track? I wanna put some Doom 1 and 2 music in the game in addition to the original soundtrack but know nothing on how to actually do it :smith:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kikas posted:

I dunno about it, but the KF2 community is pretty awesome and most of questions like this have answers in the steam guides: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=430967254&searchtext=music I hope this one helps, like I said I never done it.

That looks like it! Hmm not sure if I actually want to do it now though. Seems like it will take more time than my lazy rear end wants to actually put into it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Colosmicon posted:

Commissioner Gordon Freeman

John Freeman (who is Gordon Freeman's brother).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I love how to avoid a Payday poo poo show they wrote

:siren:COSMETIC ONLY AND TOTALLY OPTIONAL:siren:

Seriously though, only a bunch of babies would bitch about this.

Fake Edit: No, I am not going to go on the steam forum to raft in the ocean of tears.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
If they make the weapons like the DLC packs from KF1, I don't think I will care.

I was fine with dropping $5-6 for a bunch of weapons and support a dev team I like.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Gonna play the FB when I get home, but I feel like this is only really an exploit fix for the MWG. Burst fire for the flamethrower type weapons still make sense due to burn damage.
Need to see how badly this affects the MWG gun though...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Ruggington posted:

they both do damage over time so clicking is probably still more effective

Wait, the MWG does a DOT?
:aaaaa:

ZearothK posted:

They also need to fix the the splash damage bug, but as someone who usually mains Firebug I have to agree that it is the right choice in terms of making the class more balanced without taking the fun out of it.

Indeed, as fun as exploits are it makes the game better overall when they get stomped out :smith:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Can we get more super loving lame fire puns in the game? It is a simple request, I just want cheesy lovely lines to complete my firebug experience.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I feel like I am the only person who does not give two flying fucks about useless poo poo that does not have any affect on blowing poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

CJacobs posted:

thanks for the input

Crying like a bitch is also good input. Go to reddit and see the how good their input is.

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

I dont either but apparently people do, sold some usb thing for 8$ yesterday. If i can play a game and make some easy video game money im all for it.

Meh. Whales and stupid people would buy literal poo poo if they thought it was make their edick harder.