Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
This game is bad and dumb

Because I can't play it yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

it's unfortunate that we're the only ones wanting herman the german, 1488 avatar guy
Ahahahaha

Reenactor dudes were p cool, though I was always fond of EOD Suit guy myself.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I hope that at some point TWI adds a feature that lets me temporarily "down-level" myself. So say I'm level 24 or whatever and I can pick, just for that match alone, to play as a level 7 or 4 or whatever. The reason I want this is because in KF1 it kinda sucked when you had all your perks at the max level and you had a buddy that just picked up the game on Steam sale so you go play on a normal server with him and it's just a total snoozefest because you're breezing through everything with all your skill bonuses and such. Being able to play at a lower level more appropriate for the easier difficulties would be great and avoid this.

Also can you still die to the boss when he's in his little spawning in cutscene? Cause that was hilarious every time in KF1.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

not sure what this is exactly, but it could be related. sounds like a prestige system of some kind which while it isn't the same, it'd at least be some way to put yourself at a low level
Yeah but I really don't want to reset myself to 0 permanently. :(

DatonKallandor posted:

Commando knows how to shoot guns, any guns (and melee too, but what self respecting commando would use melee).
Clearly the answer is fixable bayonets

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Capn Beeb posted:

Can support get one too?

:getin:
:agreed:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Played some solo cause gently caress it

Game owns, shot Hans to death as a level 1 Commando :c00l: his attacks are super neutered on solo compared to what I saw from the PC Gamer video

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I wasn't really a big fan of berserker in KF1 because the hit feedback was very :geno: but god drat is it fun as hell to swat away zeds with the shovel or explode them with the shotgun hammer in this game.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Capn Beeb posted:

Holy poo poo the melee smash is a good addition. It's especially fun smashing a skull apart in slow mo :black101:
Yeah that bash is surprisingly useful.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Shima Honnou posted:

Which .ini and what setting?

not sure if someone mentioned this already, but
you can go to Documents\my games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config\KFGame.ini and change MaxDeadBodies to something like 50

even more gore this way

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

The Jumpoff posted:

Tried out berserker and oh my god the Eviscerator is amazing. 10/10 best most fun weapon in the game.

Also I feel like when Sharpshooter gets added, scrakes and Fleshpounds are gonna become a lot easier to deal with (once every gets their Ss ranked up) if they're anywhere near as powerful as they were in the first game.

Also I miss my crossbow. :(
I feel like I'm the only one that didn't really enjoy the crossbow. I mean it was really good and all but when I play KF I want my weapons to go bang bang. I'd be completely ok with the M99 replacing the crossbow in KF2 (using the crossbow stats of course so it isn't 250 dosh/round).

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

track day bro! posted:

Yeah this is pretty much something i'd like back because I used to do exactly the same thing. Except now I keep accidentaly healing myself because I think q is quickchange from playing cs.
KF1 actually had a "last weapon" quickchange like CS bind-able key. So of course I bound it to q in KF1 and now it's loving me up super hard.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Reasons to play Berserker:
  1. It's really run to send zeds flying with the shovel heavy attack
  2. Shotgun hammer
Seriously though hitting things as Berserker is so much fun in this compared to KF1

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I want akimbo pistols back partially because I really want to see the cool rear end reloads they come up with, and also because dualies

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

closeted republican posted:

Forcing you to pick between tactical reload and improved single-fire damage is BS, though. :argh:
Pick tac reload and then full-auto/burst damage instead cause semi can suck my dick from the back

Shima Honnou posted:

The police constable actually has a fair amount of KF1 lines, which is why I'm playing as him specifically.
Unfortunately my favourite KF1 line appears to have not made it into KF1: "Oi, where's my benefits check?"

Skoll posted:

So I noticed Insult Players is gone. Can we get it back? Pretty please?
You muppet

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Skoll posted:

Unfortunately though one thing that really made the Commando great was lowered recoil as you leveled and that seems to have been removed. A lot of the Commando perk combinations don't seem to make sense with what they're paired with for you to pick from and the Nightvision that Beserker and Commando have access to is pretty much useless. If they're going to do extremely dark maps like they used to, something like Nightvision should be an all inclusive thing instead of just limited to two classes that have no real use for them.
The weird thing about Commando night vision is that the SCAR has a flashlight so it needs NVGs a lot less than other classes. At least once they fix the SCAR's flashlight which I'm assuming they will given that it's modelled onto the gun.

Still going to take NVGs though because gently caress y'all more stalker kills for me :unsmigghh:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Is it possible to parry a charging Fleshpound?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

No. Bash is equivalent to one left-click, or the first attack in your left-click combo, which is the light attack combo. Right-click is the heavy attack and may have additional effects (e.g. the Berserker shotgun hammer explosive shell).

Get whatever tier 2 weapon you feel like using and get ammo, then save up for your T4.

The best weapon is always the T4 weapon except for the Berserker where you might want the hammer instead of the eviscerator. Just grab the two most expensive weapons in your perk weapon group and you're set (or the most expensive one and the next one down if the T3 won't fit due to weight).
Also which heavy swing you do is dependent on which movement key, so holding down forward while heavy attacking with the shovel will do an overhead swing, while holding down left/right will cause your character to swing left/right respectively, and holding down back does an upward swing. Handy because the left and right swings have a wider arc to them. Also you can launch zeds upwards with the up swing!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

UltraVariant posted:

Is that Combat Shotty even worth it as support? I prefer going straight from the double-barrel to the AA12. There's no damage difference at all among those three, and I could give a rat's rear end about accuracy, because shotguns. Even the decreased fire rate of the double-barrel compared to the Combat seems negated by just having someone cover my rear end while I use the special two-shot thing on the double-barrel.
Combat shotgun sucks rear end, but having a tighter spread is pretty decent actually. It's really noticeable when spraying down a hallway with a hunting shotgun versus the AA-12 or even the pump-action.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Fina posted:

I had this happen on Support once too.
Was it when you first got the +ammo perk? It happened to me when I first levelled up to rank 5 and it gave the ammo perk which didn't change the total amount of ammo in my pump-action, but I could pick up ammo from boxes to the correct amount and every gun I bought after had the correct amount. I fixed the issue by dropping and picking my shotgun back up with backspace. I haven't bothered to test it yet but I imagine the problem also happens if you switch from supplier to the +ammo perk mid-match.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Is there any way to add servers to your favourites without finding them in the server browser? I played on DreamShipWrecked's server for a bit but it doesn't show up in my history to add and I didn't see a way to do it while on the ready up screen.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

If you select it in the server browser master list you can view the server details, then hit the star on that window to favorite.

It is kinda obtuse, but you should be able to find it easy enough due to the tildes
Yeah that's what I ended up doing. I was just wondering if there was an easier way that didn't involve having to search the server browser.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Haha had a game earlier on ~Goon Squad~ that resulted in 5 of us dying to one Scrake cause we decided to bunch up on a corner. No one saw that coming at all!

I can't decide if I want Supplier or 20% extra ammo. Supplier is great especially if you've got other supports on your team and/or people love throwing grenades, but I really notice the loss of extra ammo in those longer waves.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Mindblast posted:

I think the HE nades from support have solid range but less power. Good for the small fry.
Support gets frags, Commando gets HE.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Broose posted:

In KF1, yeah. KF2 is definitely all projectile. You gotta lead with rifles and pistols.
Actually in KF1 it's always hitscan no matter what. It's really obvious when it goes into ZED Time while playing Commando and you fire one bullet and the zed's head pops instantly while the tracer effect slowly makes it's way over and doesn't even hit where you were aiming.

But yeah I want to say that it's all projectile in KF2.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
So I've discovered that sprinting at Scrakes charging you works surprisingly well. They don't turn too well so if you sprint past them while they're charging at you you'll take far less damage than trying to back up (and sometimes dodge their attack completely). Also if they're near full HP you can stun them with your weapon butt which is a good way to open on them. All this is on hard mind you so maybe on suicidal/HoE they get some crazy gently caress you attack if you try this.

Just uh, make sure you don't instinctively hit reload and cause you to be unable to sprint cause then you'll still eat the full attack and die probably.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Have they revealed any info about the new perks or are you just assuming the helmet perk is a SWAT perk? Because it's probably far more likely that it's a heavy weapons guy who gets LMGs and the LAW.
Well considering that there's supposed to be 10 perks and the missing originals + SWAT, Dragon and Gunslinger adds to 10 with the 4 in the game, it's pretty reasonable to assume that SWAT is the helmet perk unless you think TWI is going to spring a SURPRISE 11TH PERK on us. Also LAW is probably going to go to demo this time around and I hope it's not poo poo (it will probably be poo poo).

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Serious Frolicking posted:

I kinda doubt law will be in, but there aren't that many options for the 4th demo weapon if you assume that the others are single shot, semi-auto and pipes. Laws were just too specialized, and they seem to be going for a smaller arsenal for now. Heck, for all any of us know it will be pipes that get the boot (the pipe bomb hat period was magical).
Well I assume the LAW's going to make a comeback in some form because there's some voice-lines pertaining to firing rockets, though I guess it's probably an RPG now?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_ltNt3yr-g
(6:53 because apparently the code to start it at a certain point doesn't work anymore)

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Broose posted:

Even the shotguns in KF1? Cause All my experience with trying to deal with crawlers on the overpass on west london using a shotgun tells me they are projectile.
Yeah sorry, I forgot that shotguns in KF1 were all projectile. I think those are the only "bullet" based weapons that weren't hitscan though.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
They should bump the Combat Shotgun's ammo up to 80 base like the AA-12 if they're going to keep it at the current price and weight so when I do feel like using one I don't feel like I'm gimping myself by almost halving my available ammo.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

DoombatINC posted:

Alternatively, lower its weight to 4 and make it a viable alternative backup to the AA-12 and still allow for a heal pistol
:agreed: except also probably have to lower the price too slightly in that case because otherwise it still won't see much use.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I tried this solo and managed to do it consistently after a couple of tries. I get the feeling that the second I try it with a full group I'm just going to get murdered and embarrass myself because I tend to panic and fire my gun too early. :v:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I wish you could at least jump over crawlers so when I inevitably back up into a group of them I don't have to try to find my way around them instead.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Personally I want a variable to change that makes shell casings and empty mags stick around on the floor longer. Like it'd be pretty cool to see where people were standing during the wave based solely on where all the casings and magazines are resting.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Ruggington posted:

It literally locks on now?

Geight posted:

Yeah in KF2 you just don't want to iron-sight at all when trying to heal, just aim from the hip and click when you hear the beep. Unless there's some corners involved you're probably gonna land the dart.
He's talking about the syringe you dopes

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Shumagorath posted:

What's the fastest way to Support 15? I need this tactical reload.
Use shotgun on zed

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Man I really just want the Combat Shotgun to be a viable weapon choice because I think 1014's are Cool and Good but using one means giving up the AA-12 and it is not nearly good enough to replace the AA-12.

Ruggington posted:

you can also use welder on door
I ain't got time for that poo poo

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Am I missing something or what's wrong with the Zerker skill that makes Zeds do 25%* less damage after you hit them

*It's listed as 15% but according to the spreadsheet of the dude who datamined everything it does 25% apparently

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

It's not as bad as a basically everything else, and I guess it might help a little bit with Scrakes and Pounds. But everything else is probably dying in a single blow or two, before they can attack, and Scrakes and Pounds will still gently caress your poo poo up, even with a 25% damage reduction.
Yeah but they'll gently caress you up 25% slower, giving your team more time to dump into them, which sounds pretty great. Also I've had plenty of times where I miss my swing on a Gorefast's head whack him in the chest instead, letting him slash me which adds up after a while, but maybe that's just cause I'm a bad Zerker I dunno. :shrug:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
I'm so glad you're no longer forced to weld doors to level support anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Keep in mind the 1014 is strictly an upgrade compared to the hunting shotgun (same damage, semi-auto means you can put out rounds faster than the hunting shotgun, takes less time to load two shells than it takes to reload the hunting shotgun, etc.).
Same damage per pellet, but the Hunting Shotgun fires 12 pellets/shot while the 1014 only does 7 pellets/shot. The only thing the 1014 is a strict upgrade from is the pump action. That said the thing I enjoy the most about the 1014 is the tight spread which is really noticeable when you're firing at a group of zeds not right next to you compared to the Hunting Shotgun.