Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I don't think Hans is any worse than the Patriarch he just doesn't have any instakill strats that let you skip him entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The Commando's first skill is Call Out which lets nearby allies gain his Stalker-revealing sight and makes health bars visible for them. It's pitted against Nightvision, which manages to be even less useful on Commandos compared to Berserkers because the former already has great big red bars floating over every zed, even when it's dark.

Honestly most of the skill choices are in dire need of a complete overhaul, but that's why we're in Early Access anyways.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

gnome7 posted:

Speaking from experience, the part in bold doesn't work. That perk reveals Stalkers but not health bars to allies.

Oh weird. I either misread it or it's not working as intended I guess! Probably the former though.

Geight fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 5, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

My interpretation is that the zeds were more experiments conducted en masse rather than each one meant to be a weapon for war on their own. Like the experiments done to create a Stalker would eventually be adapted onto normal soldiers, who could be modified to go invisible while doing stuff out in the field. I also always assumed that the Patriarch (and now I guess the other bosses) were actively producing more zeds from the still-functioning Horzine facilities scattered around the world.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Ledgy posted:

Yup, it makes Horzine's advertisement much more logical if you take it this way.

They're basically Umbrella in that they're a pharmaceutical company that secretly makes most of their money violating the laws of nature in an effort to make superior biological weapons.

If only Horzine had invested in the Shield/Armor/Helm key system, this whole outbreak could've been contained... :negative:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I think the stock maps could stand to have more destructible lighting and less magical invulnerable glowsticks scattered around, but that's because fighting zeds in the dark is cool as hell.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Zed time while characters are speaking will never not amuse me. I'm glad it happens so much in this one!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I do love how the hammer immediately changes direction after the hit like it's made entirely of rubber. Boing!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Well, now I can say I've seen the entire Fist of the North Star movie, I guess. :v:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Do the poison darts do enough damage to be worth it?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

The transition from Payday 2 to KF2 in this video was really cool.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

This is sort of a silly gripe, but it's so weird to be referring to an early access update as a "content pack" complete with its own catchy title. It's better marketing than "adding base features to the game", of course.

Pretty excited that the best perks are being added before the Sharpshooter, though. :getin:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

LuciferMorningstar posted:

It's not really silly, I don't think. Calling it a "content pack" isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the fact that they're saying it's "free" is kind of weird. It's an EA title. This stuff was all part of the bargain, so it seems weird that they're acting like this is an act of generosity.

YEAH the ~*free*~ part is what makes it weird, for sure. Because it's not free, it's the rest of the stuff we paid for.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

There aren't enough good-rear end gifs of zeds getting gibbed in the last few pages, please address.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

If you're a True Gamer don't buy an ATI card, hope this helps.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Gromit posted:

Take that suspiciously American quote back to Counter Strike!

Could just have the American character say it. :shrug:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Alkydere posted:

See also: Firaxis. :v:

This would be an apt comparison if I had to pay another $30 to make KF2 playable. :v:

Also Tripwire was mostly reasonable with the KF1 dlc but towards the end of its life (like, after several years of good free+paid content) it got a little stupid with "NEON GUN PACK" and stuff like the steampunk tommy gun just being the tommy gun but with a massively bigger drum capacity. Also that weird thing where they made the old lovely skins cost as much as the new higher-quality skins, but going from 4 to 8 bux is hardly highway robbery.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

blablablabla posted:

No highway robbery was what I paid for RO2

Yeah, same.

Also sort of an awkward thought that sprang up from telling my buddy about the new KF2 characters - Do you think the thawed-out German soldier guy is like, still a Nazi? Will he kill all the zeds and then go on to do Nazi things?

Geight fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Aug 22, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I'm glad the opt-in beta exists to protect me from seeing unfinished content in an Early Access release.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Eonwe posted:

why dont you just opt-in its like 2 or 3 clicks

I will but it's not actually available yet :saddowns:

Also yea gamers bad

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Eonwe posted:

I'm sorry we fought let's be friends

I will never be mad at you(r av)

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I feel like the ammo reduction isn't that big of a deal but I do agree with the idea that randomly-spawning weapons should just be dropped as a mechanic and those spawns should be replaced with more ammo drops. Also I'm hoping that the behavior where ammo boxes are giving way less ammo to some guns is just a bug stemming from their newly-granted ability to grant partial mags.

C4 owns actually, I like it way better than KF1 pipe bombs. Alt-fire and gain 100-ish XP while it rains body parts, what's not to love? I also gotta say I like the implied role of Demolitions through their XP rewards, which is group-blaster and fleshpound-gibber. An RPG shot fucks up a fleshpound, but a scrake can take two and keep coming back for more. Fleshpounds and Scrakes are supposed to be the thing that everyone has to work together to take down, which is why they have stingers announcing their arrival in KF2, and it's nice that the first heavy hitter perk added doesn't just invalidate the only two major threats.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Also, this was our demos' preparations for Hans. We still had to go down to pistols to finally kill him. Dude seems to have some serious explosion resistance.

Yeah they basically want to make Hans the anti-Patriarch in every way, so the explosion bouquet strat was not gonna work right out of the gate.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Psion posted:

Given that he's discussing the ammo nerfs to support, I'm guessing the level 12 support busy being outscored by a level 0 and level 4

:drat: Are we sure the ammo nerf was the cause of that?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

please put the KF1 trader as a playable character. plz.

This would actually own yeah

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

There's a category for electric weapons and there better be some good-rear end poo poo in there in the future

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Chard posted:

I hope we can do stuff like cross mic-gun + electo-beam to get Majicka style damage combos going.

Why you gotta get my hopes up for things that can never be? :smith:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh dang I thought the grenade pistol was just doing way less damage to 6-player strength waves, compared to my solo offline experience. It'll be nice to see how it performs now that it's functioning as intended!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah Tripwire's view for this game seems a bit more ambitious than they can deliver on in the expected timeframe, but the stuff they've added so far is pretty darn good so I'm not too bothered by waiting.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Coolguye posted:

Balancing is a problem that is never fully solved, just in different states of broken, so while complaining about bad stuff is actively helpful, thinking the current state is indicative of the health of the project is fallacious at best.

Did you mean to quote someone else? I wasn't talking about balance at all. Their ambition is to create an incredibly detailed shooter with superbly-animated weapons and some cutting-edge graphical tech, it's a very ambitious game for how large of a studio they are.

I didn't even say anything bad about "the health of the project", I just said it's probably going to take them longer than initially stated to finish the game. Nobody who is being honest with themselves would disagree with this sentiment.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yes, and when the devs themselves are saying "this is taking us longer than we thought" it's hardly "fallacious at best" to say "gee, this game might take longer to be finished than we thought!"

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah it's all good I'm not doubting that this game owns (this game does in fact, totally own), I'm just thinking that it's probably not going to be "done" by the end of this year. But that's not a big deal!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

If the RPG could stumble Hans and interrupt his melee attack rampage I feel like a demo could be a very useful asset for fighting him.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

cliffdiver posted:

If you don't want to kill zombies while dressed as a knight shouting SUCH SUSTENANCE then why are you even alive?

I'm getting flashbacks to Gauntlet Dark Legacy, here.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I wasn't a big fan of the KF1 tricks but I think it'd be neat if every class had a skill-based way to circumvent one of their downsides the way Demo can with smacking a dud rocket right into a Scrake's face.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Alkydere posted:

(Simon Viklund had to do the voices)

Off topic but the voice actor for John Wick in Payday 2 is not Simon Viklund and is actually this dude, known for such roles as "Additional Voices" and "Voice".

Also supporting the request for the KF1 trader as a playable character in KF2, there's already too many dudes so let's mix it up a bit

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

frozenpeas posted:

I didn't realize that support has been nerfed until I caught up on the forums. It still feels pretty good to me, and seemed downright necessary over the free weekend where new players were continually wiping to Skrakes unless you were either healing them or dishing out AA12 damage.

Support was temporarily nerfed much more severely in the beta but feedback led to the ammo reductions being reverted.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah none of the heavy nerfs made it to the live client, I think only some moderate price increases and maybe the Combat Shotgun buffs made it through.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

It's also a pretty badass effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Long games have been the king of games since KF1, yeah