Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

khy posted:

The OP doesn't have enough information for me.

I never played killing floor, so I don't know what a 'suped-up' version of it is. Is this a PvP game? PvE? Is it akin to Left 4 Dead only with classes and more sci-fi?

Please educate me.

Wave-based PvE survival game with several different enemy types, escalating in strength and numbers as you complete each wave

also you pop heads like grapes and they're all like "splorch"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Takes No Damage posted:

But firing a grenade into a group of zeds and filling the top left of your screen in damage numbers and like 'killed Crawler + 5' is straight up QoL that needs to be an option in the base game.

Toggle-able damage numbers are the greatest and should be in every game

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Akumos posted:

111 posts since yesterday and they're all poo poo, nerds. See you in 12 hours when there is a game to play.

mom taught me not to play with people who insult my posting

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Pffft, more like lack of people getting good with the double barreled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnbvyj1TnNU

poo poo like this is why I'll never really accept the AA into my heart

the deeply satisfying sound, kickback, and reload help too

Also, am I missing something or is the Eviscerater hot garbage compared to the alternative Nail-gun+Sledge

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 22, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

im the firebug and I

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Shima Honnou posted:

Ahahah, if you reload a melee weapon, or at least the machete, your character does a little Shadow Warrior style clean the blood off type thing with it.

You can flick the blood off of the katana like one of my animes

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The LAR and M14 are my precious babies and this game won't be right until they come back to me

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

I just want the crossbow. That thing destroyed everything, and you could get your shots back if you're careful enough. It was like a sniper rifle except you pull the bullets out of the wall two miles behind the guy you shot and put it back in your gun.

It feels like nearly every game thinks that you can balance really overpowered weapons just by making it reward extreme precision and thinking nobody could possibly aim that well.

crossbleh

Bruc posted:

Berserker is really fun but man do their perk choices look lame, tons of 10% chance to trigger poo poo and nothing good for durability makes me really hope that aspect of the class gets some love.

The perk choices seem like the most Early Access thing right now

what the gently caress am I gonna do with night vision as a berserker

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Apr 22, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

widespread posted:

Bought the game. Did solo stuff. Got murderfucked by Scrakes jesus christ. Is there any XP penalty for going onto Beginner mode? Because yeah, Normal Short games still feel hard. Or should I just go onto servers because co-op is a near-must?

Also, the Kalashnikov. Does it really have a low ammo pool or am I just dirt poor after I buy it?

The penalty is that beginner doesn't exist

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

parrying is good and I am bad at parrying

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

eriddy posted:

What are the keys things you guys think new players should know? There's a lot of poo poo to know in this game and as a total beginner I want to get yelled at as few times as possible. Here are a few questions I have:

Is right click the same attack as "melee bash" if you are holding a melee weapon?

What is the best way to spend your money?

What items are priority/should you save for the first rounds for a big item?

Which weapons are considered the best for commando and berserker?

Right click is the heavy swing/shotgun blast, left click is the same as the bash

Prioritize weapons for your perks and make sure you have body armor every wave past 2/3. You can buy off-perk weapons, but you should wait until you're set up to be most effective as your perk first.

Zerker needs the pulverizer to function on higher waves so you should prioritize it. The nail gun is amazing at clearing out trash and you should grab a medic smg if you're rolling in cash (you will be).

The Scar is fantastic and you should have a back-up rifle like the bullpup for dealing with clots, gorefasts, and crawlers. Also keep your rifles on semi-auto by clicking middle mouse and go for headshots. Only switch to full-auto for emergency situations

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

So the Katana has a quick-draw attack. I am ready to rock the dragon already, so please just release it thank you

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ShadowMar posted:

It still feels weird not being able to go demo on boss wave, can't wait for all the perks to be in.

Whenever I see a giant clump of zeds clawing at a door I shed a small tear because I can't instantly turn them all into mulch

splifyphus posted:

Just tried this on a normal 7 wave pub server with 3 players. By the time I ran out of gas, he had just turned yellow. Also I still died first, I'm pretty sure he aggros whoever's closest and that's always the zerker.

If you can parry you'll be doing everyone a huge favor by keeping him pre-occupied for even 10 seconds

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Apr 23, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

Anyone getting random stutters/1-3s freezes while playing the game?

Happens really often when changing between players in spectator mode.

I get stutters during the beginning of certain waves if I'm near the spawn areas

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The Jumpoff posted:

(which was part of why Sharpshooters in KF1 were the best perk)

That's a weird way to spell berserker

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 24, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Alteisen posted:

So they do teleport, good to know I'm not just going crazy.

Had a hard wipe due to 2 retard pubbies pissing off scrake, SC kills both of them, then he gracefully pirouettes into the rest of the squad and wipes us out in one goddamn hit.

gently caress the FP's, scrakes are the real threat in this game and pubbies rarely let me handle them so nobody gets hurt.

The more things change the more they stay the same

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Does a highly leveled Berserker benefit from using the Katana, though?

I'm pretty sure the game specifies that you only get bonuses for Berserker weapons

Meldonox posted:

Is the hammer everyone's favorite berserker weapon? I gotta say, I preferred shovel to katana when I started playing the other night but I haven't had a lot of time to explore my options in depth.

The hammer is the best Berserker weapon and the nail-gun is the second best weapon and you can carry both of them plus a medic pistol/smg

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 25, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3ylknTuPHA

game's done. ship it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

UltraVariant posted:

If I have to pay for this, I will be very upset.

Killing FloorŽ 2 ScrakeŽ PepsiŽ ManŽ Mod now available with pop-ups

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'd like to see a de-emphasis on movement speed and actual resistances that are worth a drat for a supposed tank

Let the martial artist be a slippery kitey motherfucker

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

But if it does, you start running low on classes that can actually do damage to the big guys. Commandos kill trash, Firebugs kill trash, SWAT tanks (seemingly), medic tanks/heals/trash, Berserker ???, Martial arts ??? Demo might be a heavy hitter but grenade launchers seem like they're going to clean up trash really well too. That leaves sharpshooters and AA12 supports as the two best able to burst down FPs and scrakes.

Demos are going to turn Fleshpounds into dust like they always have, you are over-estimating the value of sharpshooters

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 26, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The Berseker's ability to ignore clot-grabs has gone from "clots can grab?" to "I can't wait to ignore these stupid fuckers". clots am good

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Musluk posted:

hahahahaha

just feels like 2003 with bunny hopping, oh man :allears:

Okay shitposting aside, if you call jumping and shooting a combo, anything you do in this game while moving is also a combo, that's why it sound stupid.

Jesus christ

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Fullhouse posted:

Crawlers camouflaging themselves in the piles of corpses constantly at my feet and preventing me from moving past them is much worse than being turned to face a clot that grabbed me

That's metal as gently caress

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Fluo posted:

I don't know who posted this but I find it hilarious. http://giant.gfycat.com/RightClumsyGrison.webm

l-lewd

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeZiB-4FcaU

huh

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

QwertySanchez posted:

It's nice to see to know it's technically possible, but whenever I see videos like that I'm never really impressed. Lets see it go that smoothly when there's crawlers and sirens and clots running around and garbage cans and fences to get in your way.

That said, there's custom maps already?? Are they on the tripwire forum or am I going to have to go searching?

Well it's a scrake so you're free to calmly shoot around it while you find a spot where you're comfortable dealing with it

If it were a fleshpound there's no way you'd get away with that

And that's the current test map. Someone posted it a few pages ago and I think it was on the tripwire forum

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Randler posted:

Just making sure my sound settings aren't screwed. Are zeds supposed to not have footsteps?

I don't think so but they all have distinct sound cues

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

If they want me to use the syringe mid-combat, they need to make it a lot easier to use on a moving target. Anyone who needs it is probably desperately strafing around and/or my "helpful" syringe is just going to mean I bodyblock them in to eat the damage anyhow. I never felt like the KF1 syringe was tricky to use on moving targets, but I really struggle with the KF2 syringe.

Also, totally anecdotally, but I could swear my darts recharge a lot faster as a medic too.

It literally locks on now?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Insert name here posted:

He's talking about the syringe you dopes

I'm not wasting my precious life blood on anyone but myself

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Carrying a Katana as a medic is a cool thing to do and lets you be a better berserker.

Or the Pulveriser if you're cool with just carrying the assault rifle, but then you miss out on the smg and glorious hanzo steal

Fina posted:

I had an idea regarding doors:

Make the color of the welding goo indicate how hosed the integrity of the door is. I realize that it already has an overlay on the door but I think this would be a nice detail.

please steal this tripwire

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Insert name here posted:

Use shotgun on zed

you can also use welder on door

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

I'd like that if the color order is reversed, blue's usually used in this game whenever something good is happening, and red is a warning.

You're not reading it right

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Antoine Silvere posted:

actually it is bad for literally any and every thing possible, ever

make sure you turn on the lyrics hth

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Making yourself fly around with the boomstick is both hilarious and pretty useful

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Section Z posted:

Can it get you over railings you are technically supposed to be able to jump over but take 5 loving tries to do so?

It gives you the super power to clear ANY railing

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

im the people that hang out in the giant cross-road of death on biotics labs despite half of us dying to trash every single wave

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Support is great and you'll even be more durable than a zerk.

This can be said for every class that isn't berserker :v:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Whale Cancer posted:

Zerkers should get the best health and armour boosts since everything is up close and personal.

They should get at least 30% damage resistance at 25 and the support health boost.

I get why tripwire didn't give the perk much to start with since it was easily the most OP one in KF1, but right now you can't even do your job well because one false parry gets you shredded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Maybe a skill that applies a damage buff following a successful parry would be good?

A riposte-type skill and improved blocking would go a really long way