Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I had a level 21 berserker last night who was asking what EMP grenades did and died every single wave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Opposing Farce posted:

But only with the katana.

you should be able to cut the bullets in mid-air, no blocking required

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zed-time stuff really only makes sense for commando, considering they extend it

even then it seems bad as a final-tier

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Berserker starts with a Crovel, and should probably always have a melee weapon superior to the knife. It ends up being totally irrelevant for berserkers because the other melee weapons don't run out of ammo.

Yeah but the berserker's other weapons can't bisect a clot's body

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

khy posted:

Do I need to be a specific level of support perk to do this? Does it subtract from my personal ammo in some way? How often can people get ammo from me?

You get it at level 5. It does not. Each person can grab an ammo pack worth of ammo from you once per wave

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I assume 1014 is when the game ships

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Ramsus posted:

It'd be really op then

As it should be

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Much as I've complained over the lackluster zerk I saw just how vital they are to the current meta I guess? Can't think of another word, I opted to just work on my medic through all my hard games and without fail we'd wipe to scrakes either because we had no zerk or because our zerk was super bad and would either run off by himself, die constantly or piss of scrakes then run away and lead them right into us, I've no doubt if I had been playing my zerk we would have made it to hans a few times at least.

I also found out its a lot easier to parry the scrake again even if he's raging if he gets out of space with one of your hammer strikes, makes circling them much easier but its a lot more pressure on you, parrying is rough when your ping is 80.

this is why I usually grab the katana if I don't see a zerker and I'm playing medic. Toss the team a healing grenade and tank with hanzo steel and gigantic armor

Circle-strafing also works for scrakes and helps more than shooting them

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 30, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Skoll posted:

I think when they go into suicide mode, they should make an attempt to do it near you as opposed to just standing there. It does seem to kill you if you're close though, full health/armor or not.

I've definitely seen husks make a dead sprint for the nearest player before doing that

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Just did a hard match as a level 6 medic with the AR and Pulverizer cause our 16 zerk was to much of a puss to fight scrakes.

Shockingly effective. :slick:

Turns out high health, armor, and the ability to restore them would be a lot better than being able to kill scrakes 1/4th faster and 5% damage resistance

Hint hint

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I got into a game with a group of high level commandos and a support. Everything was constantly in Zed Time and I have never had a harder time playing medic because I could not kill a thing and nobody took any significant damage until the fleshpounds came out.

I also got to tank two fleshpounds at once by guarding with the pulverizer and spamming medic grenades :o:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

QwertySanchez posted:

Is it wrong that I like the hunting shotgun over the AA-12, like I never buy it, I just get the hunting shotgun after the first round, then just save up for a medic SMG, until the last around, then switch out for the medic lmg for the extra healing.

I never seem to run out of ammo for the hunting shotgun, and I never get caught short when reloading, since it reloads quickly and if I've just shot it, I've probably already cleared out all the zeds. Unloading both barrels into Hans, then hiding and doing it again seems really effective too.

You can carry the AA-12 and the hunting shotgun with a medic pistol and you should because the AA-12 is literally the best weapon in the game

Badly Jester posted:

What's the consensus on the level 10 medic skill? Is armament actually a good idea? My initial impression was that 2 armor per heal don't make up the 10% loss of healing power.

It procs on every tic of your grenades and every dart you fire so it's a lot better than it sounds

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 09:23 on May 1, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Opposing Farce posted:

I finally remembered to turn on Shadowplay and make the video I've been constantly surprised nobody else has made. I think I captured the Killing Floor experience pretty well.

Thank you.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Hope servers introduce a level limit soon, I'm not opposed to lowbies playing, I'm not an rear end in a top hat, I do get pissed when level 5 support gets half the team killed cause he keeps pissing off scrakes in a suicidal game.

It wouldn't be killing floor if that didn't happen

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Section Z posted:

It's not too late for that pacifier you mentioned.

Admittedly a pacifier might be more effective.

Somebody sell me on this grenade that can barely kill clots on normal.

It's supposed to stun them :ssh:

Section Z posted:

Does it undo Scrake and FP rage temporarily or something?

as long as the electric effect is on them they can't rage

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I really liked the first Killing Floor so I bought KF2 EA, and it just simply won't launch. No window pops up, no error message is displayed - nothing happens. If anybody wants to take a crack at helping me solve this, I'd really appreciate it. My most recent Launch.log is here.

e: my speccy

have you tried verifying the cache

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm holding out hope for the firebug to have a literal fireaxe

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

please just give the varmint rifle decent iron sights, thanks

also, commando needs recoil-dampening back

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 09:54 on May 3, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Gromit posted:

While firebugs would anger FPs and scrakes, they were magic at clearing out trash on early waves and I had lots of fun with them. Being immune to husk fire and their own grenades was pretty helpful, too. And lighting the Patriarch up so people could track him when he cloaked was pretty useful.

The problem is that it overlapped with commando and demolition without being as good as either in a pinch. Fire also had the problem of blinding the players around you while you spray it

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Section Z posted:

EDIT: vvv Yeah, I did missread the "past hard" bit, but that still doesn't change the mystery of "Why 20 +0% damage gun oneshot skull, while 15 +40% (+50%?) gun need two?"

Because it's bugged

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Stink gently caress Rob posted:

I've been pretty disappointed so far by the early access, I would say it's dumbed down quite a bit. Mostly because the hitboxes are enormous compared to KF1, and the sprint is very overpowered. They're trying a console release for this one, and it shows. It's a fast-paced sensory-overload action bukakke, and it gets tiring quickly. I feel like I'm already about done with it.

lol

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I need nightvision for the upcoming dank map: Ganja_Farm Reborn and Rerolled

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

DatonKallandor posted:

Recoil reduction passives suck. It leads to guns that are lovely for perks that don't get recoil reduction and way too good for the ones that do

isn't that the point of the perk system?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Athropos posted:

heres a horrible opinion, when is that game going to get updated with some content so we dont have to debate about balance for about 1/3 of the game?

It hasn't even been out for 2 weeks friend

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

^^^As a commando lifebars on trash don't matter because you should be shredding trash apart. Being able to tell your teammates the status on hans or a fleshpound is invaluable and unique to the class and when the patriach is added stalker vision and lifebars will be even more valuable

The health bar isn't meant to just help you

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 5, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Give me a scrake with two chainsaws constantly spinning like a ballerina

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

AR+Pulverizer is the pro-est loadout

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zerks aren't a good choice

agreed

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm sorry you don't like bathing in zed blood.

Actually that's all I want to do and berserker is currently the worst in that department

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Azran posted:

I'm kinda learning to parry raging scrakes with the basic knife. It seems the problem most people have is that when the scrake stumbles, they go in for a slash and their recovery is faster than yours. Do you lose health for parrying, by the way? I'm too concerned with the huge wall of flesh pounding on me to check my UI normally.

You take less damage depending on how heavy your melee weapon is

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Linx posted:

I really wish they'd fix whatever is wrong with the grenades, a good 25% of the time I throw one it doesn't go off

Try not to throw your grenades at screaming sirens

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Linx posted:

Wow I feel dumb as gently caress for not knowing about the siren thing.. Was that in KF1 too?

Sure was

It's why they always spawn with fleshpounds

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Azran posted:

I've heard that there will be 10 perks in the final release of the game, that made me really upset. If Tripwire were to add new perks, just 1 or maximum of 2. 10 perks would be really confusing. they way I play killing floor is, that I see what perks the players have and what perk is required, for example: I see 2 commandos, 1 sharpshooter , 1 firebug, one demolitions dude, so I need to be the medic. that's how I usually play KF. but having 10 perks I believe would turn this game into some RPG'ish game tbh. 10 perks would be really abnormal to have in KF2.

What do you guys think? is 10 perks a good idea?

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1369433#post1369433

There's seven perks in killing floor

Adding three isn't a big deal, especially considering two of them just seem to work like kf1 berserker and sharpshooter

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

My phone posting is weak...

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Mindblast posted:

I think that's the first time I've seen the scrake clearly without the faceplate. Usually when that thing blows off the scrake loses a bit more than just that.

I'm gonna have to give a shout-out to ripping a scrake's face clean off with the hunting shotgun

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

AndroidHub posted:

Any news on when the first content update might be hitting? I sort of burned myself out on the beta and haven't had it in me to just keep doing the same stuff with all my perks reset.

(I am aware it is only 2 weeks into early access.)

we should get some news later this week

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=107954

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

There's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well greased chamber.

please find a way to outright steal Ocelot's dialogue and mannerisms while remaining 100% legal, thank you tripwire

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

closeted republican posted:

Shotguns are by far my favorite wepaons in the game so far. They're powerful and very fun to use. It's like the gore and ragdoll systems were built around shotguns.

The sooner we get grenade launchers the better

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Totally viable on suicidal in my experience. Get a nailgun and use it.

and then get shredded when you inevitably gently caress up a parry

or stand back forever and be a lovely commando

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Slybo posted:

Think of all the ammo you would save on Crawlers and Clots.
It sucks having to wait and maneuver around just so you try and take out 2 clots with one shell because they are too valuable to waste on a single weak Zed.

You can just pop their heads with the gun butt though