Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

lovely Wizard posted:

Played a shitload of KF1 (firebug pride, we'll meet again soon my rad fire class), but I'm worried about :

From the EULA

Script kiddies/hackers deserve bans from the game, also their servers their rules, but then they're also dictating what other people do on their own servers with the game itself.

That and there's likely no way of them enforcing this manually with this massive playerbase they're going to have, so who knows if they do some sort of automated solution thats easily abused ala X REPORTS MEANS YOU'RE SUSPENDED INSTANTLY?

Every EULA for online games say that, it's just hidden behind lines and lines of text usually. The only real issue is just the fact that they said it like that, because it's really silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Is there a way to make the aiming speeds and looking speeds the same?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Ramsus posted:

I can't get the attack that uses the pulverizer's ammo to work. All I have is regular attack, parry, and whatever the V button is called. What am I doing wrong?

Game's great so far, but I miss the campy voice acting of the first one.

I think you use middle use to use the pulverizer, after you reload it?

Also if you want the old voice acting, one of the characters is the same dude reading mostly the same lines as the guys in the first game.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I was looking through the art book. It says a bunch of neat stuff in terms of design decisions and story. For instance, the Crawler was going to be more insectoid and with almost nearly no identifiable human elements, and a lot of the monsters had metal ports around their body for mechanical cloning but they decided to make all monsters just mutated Clots because of a plot point that Clots themselves are being grown from that weird tree-looking thing in Biotics Lab.

And also because of that plot point, they also removed the Bloat's nipple rings. Like, it explicitly states that.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

closeted republican posted:

Support feels like the best class so far. It's great for multikills and is by far the best class for quickly dealing a lot of damage to tough enemies and Hans. Once you get a few levels in it, you can really shred through groups of enemies with the increased penetration. The only issue is with ammo, but picking off trash from a distance with the 9mm is a big help for conserving ammo.

Sounds exactly like Support from KF1.

I'm still riding on the hope that when they add Sharpshooter, it just turns the game into babymode regardless of difficulty like in KF1.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Ruggington posted:

The LAR and M14 are my precious babies and this game won't be right until they come back to me

I just want the crossbow. That thing destroyed everything, and you could get your shots back if you're careful enough. It was like a sniper rifle except you pull the bullets out of the wall two miles behind the guy you shot and put it back in your gun.

It feels like nearly every game thinks that you can balance really overpowered weapons just by making it reward extreme precision and thinking nobody could possibly aim that well.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

CaudaVenenus posted:

Is there a way to stop a pump-action or combat shotgun reload part-way through without actually shooting? Like stop the reload, aim, then shoot rather than shoot straight away?

Melee bashing. I usually accidentally kill Stalkers doing that, anyways.

I think you can also briefly sprint to get out of it.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NcEMeJTTu8

So far this is my favorite song in the soundtrack. But while I like the lyrics, the screamo segments were too hardcore for me, so I just took them out. I think it turned out okay.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alteisen posted:

Also, does anyone if hans has any anti melee attacks? Me and a pub where pounding on him, suddenly explosion and we died from full health, I didn't see him toss nades either.

He has an AOE self-destruct kind of attack that only seems to shoot out neurotoxin. He's got a massive tell when he does it, he kind of recoils and pulls his arms into his chest and mentions that you're too close.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I love being a Medic more than KF1 now that it has more of a balance between mild offense and good defense rather than garbage offense and ridiculously high defense, and secondly because the darts auto-home and the hitreg is fantastic. I can just run around with three medic weapons and keep everyone tip top and happy. It's great.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Truecon420 posted:

Thank you all.

I see that they plan to release it sometime this year, but does anyone have any estimates/thoughts on roughly when the completed game will be released?

Also on the store page, it's not set in stone but their expected goal is by the end of 2015.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I just noticed. If you mouse over somebody with a medic gun and they don't have max health, there's a very distinct beep to let you know.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Tripwire responded to the EULA silliness people were upset about.

I think it's pretty well meaning response. But people are still complaining.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 24, 2015

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Ramsus posted:

Soloed my way to hans as level 16 support on suicidal. Then a level 2 commando joined for the boss fight and we got destroyed.

Health must adjust for number of players because I could down an fp with two grenades at his feet and one drum of aa12.

It is, like it did in KF2. An easy way to notice is just on hard, you can kill an average clot with a pistol headshot and a gun bash unless there's two or more people having fun too.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Just let them die. I dunno if they contribute to scaling while dead, though.

They don't. Health changes to monster that have already spawned stay the same, but subsequent monsters will have reduced health.

Knifegrab posted:

Is this game hitscan or projectile?

Projectile, but the bullets move so fast that they're practically hitscan unless you're playing with 150+ ping.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Nalesh posted:

Allow zerker to infinitely swing a melee weapon while held down, instead of the three hit combo

You can already do this by just repressing the attack button during the third swing.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Fullhouse posted:

Crawlers camouflaging themselves in the piles of corpses constantly at my feet and preventing me from moving past them is much worse than being turned to face a clot that grabbed me

They actually seem to intentionally do that, they have a really unique low-crawling animation whenever they're around a bunch of other enemies.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I just hope the next patch is imminent, massive, and adds a bunch of content

More jigglebones and fat rolls on the bloat?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Also learned that Scrakes will run over lesser zeds in charge mode. The poor cyst didn't have a chance

Fleshpounds too. They can also make enemies start attacking each other if they live although I've only seen it happen twice.

Husks can also piss off their allies too.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I killed a Scrake as it killed me. On my friend's end, his ragdoll gave me a loving embrace goodbye.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Somebody on Reddit found how the stumbling mechanics work. It's what you'd expect, more damage is positively correlated to more stumble, but it's got some raw data in it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/33qijy/killing_floor_2_zed_hit_and_stumble_mechanics/

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Fina posted:

I had an idea regarding doors:

Make the color of the welding goo indicate how hosed the integrity of the door is. I realize that it already has an overlay on the door but I think this would be a nice detail.

I'd like that if the color order is reversed, blue's usually used in this game whenever something good is happening, and red is a warning.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

How to play KF1 demolitions.

Also this loops seamlessly with some clever cropping:

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 28, 2015

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Ruggington posted:

im the people that hang out in the giant cross-road of death on biotics labs despite half of us dying to trash every single wave

The one place with the ramp with a pipe full of blood, four weldable doors, and a bunch of computer desks that inevitably get blown up by wave 3?

For some reason, my group always seems to wander into that area despite us actively planning and repeated to ourselves that we should never go there. I don't know why it always happens.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Psion posted:

key word: one

Does the strategy of pissing off one Scrake in the back so he barrels through and damage the others still work? If not, just try to get everyone to aim for the head on the thing. Their head health is like, half their normal health and so you can usually decapitate them before they begin charging.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Section Z posted:

On the subject of custom servers, are there people running bots on ranked stuff or is that built in?

A few times I'll end up in some random place like say, "Xplosive whatever" and I'll noticed the scoreboard has given two eternally silent players my Steam avatar for example. Last time this happened I hit rank 6, though let me keep that, and after the match the two mid game arrival clearly real players cleared out and so did I.

The avatar thing has happened since launch.

It's probably too soon for people to have already programmed bots. It was probably just a couple of nerds that went afk or crashed without leaving the server, the game doesn't have a very good auto kicker.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
What does turning on variable framerate do, besides making my framerate plummet for some reason?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Badly Jester posted:

What's the consensus on the level 10 medic skill? Is armament actually a good idea? My initial impression was that 2 armor per heal don't make up the 10% loss of healing power.

It's generally good because you can see 2 points of armor as essentially making up for the 10% less health points you'll heal and then some, especially at extremely high levels where your syringes will heal to full health so rapidly anyways. Also Sirens become free armor refill stations and your grenades make tanking large enemies extremely easy for yourself and anybody else who's feeling brave.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Ruggington posted:

You can carry the AA-12 and the hunting shotgun with a medic pistol and you should because the AA-12 is literally the best weapon in the game

Basically this. The medic gun is nice but the hunting shotgun absolutely destroys zed heads, even faster than the AA-12 in some cases. These two guns coupled with the medic pistol is what makes many people consider Support at the very least the second best class in the game so far, behind Medic.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Mistikman posted:

As someone who has a level 14 medic, I don't ever bother taking the medic SMG, and have no idea why anyone else would either.

Sure, it shoots fast and is accurate as all hell, but it does ridiculously small damage per bullet. I am more effective just using my medic pistol until I can afford either the shotgun or assault rifle, both of which can deal some real damage.

The SMG is handy because it has a massive amount of ammo, especially with the medic ammo perk. It's great early-game because the only stuff you're going to be dealing with are smaller zeds that will be taken out with a few headshots with it. It doesn't hold up well late-game but you can use it to rapidly get enough money for the shotgun and assault rifle, especially with its really good resale value.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Really nice but it has the same problem that I have with the other KF2 maps, it's not really gross and grimy like the KF1 maps.

I'm still holding my breath for a map that nailed the atmosphere as well as Wyre in KF1 did. That map looked awesome.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Azran posted:

As an idiot who still hasn't leveled beyond 8 because I'm waiting for the level reset, what exactly changes re: behaviour and moveset in later difficulties?

I know that Husks will suicide bomb on higher difficulties, and will sprint towards the players to suicide bomb around Suicidal or so. Also on around suicidal, they do a cool move where they shoot a flamethrower in an arc in front of them.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Don't maps usually start out as undetailed block versions to test the flow and layout and do the actual detailing and polishing much later after a bunch of playtests to see if there are just broken/horrible spots in the map? Wonder how feasible that approach is when you're mostly combining a set of fixed assets.

Usually when you're making maps, you use pre-existing props you know you're going to use and undetailed shapes for props that you need to make and playtest like that, then modify both to fit the map.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

MadBimber posted:

Tripwire, please pay your animators more money, and listen to whoever decided to animate your guns at a ridiculous frame rate. I keep trying to play other shooters, and they just don't compare. Nothing is nearly as smooth as KF2. You've spoiled us forever!

The way they explained in deep detail how the gun animations work and were made while displaying said gun animations in 60 fps in the dev dairy gave the impression that they intended the gun animations to be almost sensual.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Ledgy posted:

Can't wait for a SAA then because it will be the lewdest poo poo ever

There's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well greased chamber.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I don't know how but apparently, and this is what I assume happened, a Bloat's moobs' jiggle bones got stuck in the floor while he was still alive. What I do know for sure is that while he was walking around, his moobs extended about three feet out and flapped up and down rapidly as he slowly walked.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

There's something telling about this.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Making new characters seems very daunting this time around, especially since each character has their own unique voice and responds to borderline everything, including map details. We most likely won't get the overabundance of characters that we did in KF1, so a lot of old favorites will probably never return.

I'm more worried about if, in the future when more maps are added, that they can't or just don't bother to get the old voice actors in touch and most characters will have nothing to comment on about the map.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

closeted republican posted:

Outpost plays fine, but god is it boring to look at after playing Bioticslab for a while. It's like someone removed all of the cool stuff in Bioticslab and replaced it with a generic outdoors snowy base area.

Outpost really shines during zed time, where the rapid spinning of the windmills and violent winds go in slow motion as well.

I really hope there's a level with rain where you can see the droplets during zed time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
When I got to Commando level 6, it was the last perk I got to level 6, which isn't a surprise. What is a surprise is that I was killing Stalkers with commando weapons off-perk since I started playing the game because my friends said that I would regret not doing so later on. It's the worst and I'm glad it's not a thing anymore.