Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I got easy ones for my dailies. Beat Vortor Manor, Do 7000 Dmg with the M4 Comabt Shotgun, and earn 1500xp as SWAT. I'm wondering if everyone gets bonus vault dosh to get you enticed into farming for more dosh. I know the dailies give you dosh but does the dosh you earn in battles also count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

aniviron posted:

How are people liking the Seeker? I've... not been wild about it. The splash is small enough that I rarely hit more than two or three little zeds with it if that, and the M79 works better, but for big stuff I prefer the RPG-7 for its ability to have huge impact damage to the heads of Skrakes and FPs. I've been running it without the perk that boosts splash size at the cost of damage though, it is better with that?

"There's no business like snow business. What? It's funny!"

I found the Seeker better on maps where I have to be on the move and can't hunker down. The 6 rounds let me crowd control more then the single rpg round can and the on the fly homing helps at ensuring that I can keep sirens and husks down. Reload on it takes forever though so I have to be careful not the spam it even though it really fun to do so in Zed time. A lot of small nukes going off.

The Hemoglobin gun for the Medic is fun. Its not the explody aoe bazooka I wanted for the medic but its great at chipping down FP, Scrakes and bloats so they're not giant HP tanks. Also still manages to keep them terrifying as now you have a lanky lean FP or Scrake coming to get you with reason.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

clockworkjoe posted:

Are there always supposed to be 3 daily objectives? I only have 2 with actual descriptions. The third has no text but it still lists a 50k reward.

Also, what weapons do you prefer as a support? I've been mostly using the double barrel, that new semi auto shotgun and then upgrade to the AA 12. Pump actions reload too slow for me, even with the reload perk.

I usually get the double barrel shotgun first since I can use to either single shot things or double down on crowds. Then I'll pick up the HZ12 and stick with those two until wave 7 or so and then I'll also buy the incendiary shotgun. My support is also level 25 and has the tighter choke perk so it lets me slug single zeds quite well.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

drrockso20 posted:

So we can all agree that the Nailgun is terrible for either perk it goes with, what do you guys think would be the best way to make it not suck eggs?

I agree with the improve rate of for for single shot. Shotgun mode is still useful. But add in a third option to actual use the nail gun on physical hit on a zed. Have it drain 5 nails and count as a melee hit with a high chance to stumble.

For the guy asking about being swarmed as a demo I usually keep at least two sticks of tnt in case I get cornered. Take the perk that lets them expire on contact. Throw them directly at the nearest zed.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

clockworkjoe posted:

I know KF is a co-op game, but I feel like that I win whenever I am the last player standing in a 6 person game and I finish the wave. It's not just carrying everyone else, it's the fact they have to watch me do it. It turns out the real monster is the player.

On the higher player count servers on HoE it often ends up with a small group of medics/berzekers and it becomes a spectacle sport for all of us that bit the dust. Lots of cheering and fanfare when the zed numbers dwindle down. Also jeering if someone makes a dumb mistake and a FP wipes them.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Is the Commando Chicken not a new character but just a suit?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
One thing that took me a while to figure out for the dailies. For the times where Weapon Damage: Knife is requested it actually isn't just any knife. Its specifically the knife perk damage that the Swat and Commando Perks have. Otherwise the damage done doesn't count.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Risky Bisquick posted:

I maxed survivalist playing as a fake demo (grenade launcher, m203 + medic nades) and it was alright. If you ignore the large zeds your team mates will probably kill them for you while you clear those sweet exp clusters of trash for 10k+ games every game.

Just sharp medic and commando left :sigh:

Medic isn't bad since someone's almost always damaged and the nades are good area effect for zed hordes. Commando and Sharp took me a while since they just rely on damage. I found throwing myself into a high player count HoE server helped with those two since it provided more zed to shoot.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Takes No Damage posted:

That's what I'd be afraid of. I was on a 36-man server in a game with 20something other players; zed health was scaled up so high it took minutes to kill each Scrake and FP. The last several waves I played it kept getting down to one godtier Berserker kiting the map chipping down 20 raging heavies. They'd have to balance things a lot differently to make waves beyond 10 even mathematically possible while keeping games from grinding to a halt like that. Using the new Defend an Area mechanic would be one way, but then the game would essentially become a FPS tower defense.

It really depends on the map and if it can handle the large zed spawns. I've been on a full 42 player server on HoE 10 Wave and we'll wipe on some maps by wave 7 due to the zed flow but on other maps we'll clear all 10 waves. The best part of those high count servers is that you're rewarded for clearing the 10 waves by being able to chump the boss pretty easily because even with the HP scaling its still fighting 42 people at once. It also helps when the server states that people should be at least level 15 when on the HoE server. Makes having to babysit a level 3 zerker less likely.

But some classes don't do as well on the high count servers. Swat and Commando are great but eat up ammo so quickly that you're really reliant on Supports with ammo packs to keep you going at the mid to end of each wave. Medic and Supports are required to keep the team going through the slog.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Risky Bisquick posted:

MP7 + MP5 -> Add kriss / p90, if you're totally rich dump the mp7, but it is a very economical trash sweeper. You really want a support on the team if you're playing swat

I generally skip the P90 if I can get the Kriss sooner. P90 seems to just vomit ammo but not do much damage while the Vector also vomits ammo but also death. The level 25 perk of infinite ammo and real time firing with the Vector is amazing on every zed.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

aniviron posted:

Oh, except husk suicides, gently caress that.

They're the only death from that I can't fault the game for. It's even better if it's a fierce fire fight and you suddenly catch a glimpse of the husk sprinting to your area. You lay fire at it and connect but can't kill it before it throws a touchdown at your feet. Bonus points if it takes out more then one. On high player count servers I've seen them take out a dozen people trying to hold the line at a door in one go.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I'm hoping the high player count servers are able to get Infinite Onslaught to work. I want to see what happens when you have 30 players and how high the zed counts get. Also new weapons all look really good. I'm excited about the dual-quad? pistols and the return of the Husk Cannon.

Edit:

Perks and Weapons
.500 Magnum Revolvers
Damage increased 6.6%

1858 Revolvers
Damage increased 100%
Reduced total ammo capacity 22%
Ammo cost per mag increased 66%

Hemogoblin
Damage is increased by 50%

Zweihander
Melee range is increased by 20%

Seeker Six
Dud round damage is increased by 20%
Dud knockdown chance is increased by 25%
Dud stumble chance is increased by 42%

I don't see any problems with any of these changes. I'm excited to try out the new 1858s.

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 27, 2018

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Gromit posted:

Yeah, I just experienced that on Suicidal. 3 of us survived to 135 Scrakes left, and managed to whittle them down to 70 before they wore us down. Ammo scarcity drags it out and makes more opportunities for you to make a wrong turn and stumble into a crowd.

Our group made it to that wave on a high player count server. It is really funny when the kill count rapidly stacks in the Scrakes favor. I was playing a lv 25 zerker and even with the Parry defense skill up ended up being bodied hard into a corner and ripped up. Good times.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
The Husk Cannon when used by a Firebug or Demo at Level 25 is insane and will probably get toned down. If you want to know what its like to be Samus or Megaman then its a really fun weapon. But you're safer using it as a Firebug as using it as a Demo incurs a lot of up close splash damage that will kill you fast. You don't take nearly as much as a Firebug. Mac 10 is good but I feel like its a bit too pricey for its damage and clip size.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

aniviron posted:

Yeah I have only used the husk cannon once as firebug and wasn't really playing seriously but hot drat. It's what the seeker-7 should have been- reasonable splash radius, actually powerful enough to kill things like gorefasts quickly, doesn't spend 80% of its time reloading, no minimum range. Not sure if it's more efficient to charge up or just click spam but it felt good both ways.

Charging the shot can stumble and knock over larger zeds like Scrakes and FPs. It also deals more damage but takes more time to charge so its situation.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I've only really been playing on high player count servers because I enjoy the chaos that ensues. Currently I play on Happy Cat, Hopeless Democracy and one other one. Usually the Hell on Earth difficulty and lately on the Endless mode. This game is good for scratching my monster/zombie fps itch.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
For anyone that's played Endless mode. Have you encountered an all Husk wave yet? I know the game can do all of one type waves but so far I've only see Cyst, Bloats, Sirens and Scrakes.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Gromit posted:

Husk wave is an "oh gently caress" moment along with the Boom mutation, depending a bit on the type of map you're in.
Played a bloat wave that sounded easy on paper but they slowly edged ever closer and closer to a spot we were trying to hold-out in. When a dozen of them are vomiting all over the shop it's a nightmare. Haven't seen a siren wave - I imagine it has you reaching for the volume control pretty quickly.

Siren wave is very much like the Bloat wave. Only as the horde collides with players swaths will die as the siren screams overlap and swallow hp whole. It would probably break servers but a Crawler only wave would be fun. Literal Zerg Rush again players.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Pope Guilty posted:

The wave they always gets me is Up, Up And Decay. Just can't figure out how to get out of the way of that.

Zeds will start to regen health as soon as they take any damage. Focus firing works best to keep them from piling up. This is especially true for Scrakes and FPs as the regen can keep them alive if only one person is firing at them. On a 6 person server that should be fine but on high count servers it can spell the end of the map. I've seen success at keep together and not wandering off on your own but the team as a whole may have to run and gun to keep with the pace of the spawns.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah I kinda miss how big KF1 maps could be

I miss the designs of a lot of the old maps. There were so many ways to run and kite enemies. I'd love for there to be bigger official maps. I voted for the M32. Demo needs a fast dump mag weapon.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I'm not sure if I'll care about the prestige mode since there's no real value in resetting outside of visual. I am going to pay for Mrs. Foster. The weapon upgrade is a good idea. Not sure I like them knocking down the tier 4 weapons for the sake of upgrading.

New weapons look good. For me the sharpshooter was always good but only have one heavy punch weapon with limited ammo means running out before half the wave is done. I just hope ammo for the AMR isn't 1500 per round like KF1. Quad shotgun will go great with the double barrel. I can be Doomguy all day everyday.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Theta Zero posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/1651010346590195298

Objective mode is back, baby. In KF1 you helped launch in airship. Now you get to fight on it while trying to keep it afloat.

This update just keeps getting better.

I'm thankful that they're going to tone the Scrake and FP only waves. I'm excited to see how they're going to make the Clot wave not a joke give me wave. I really want those new weapons.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Foreskin Problems posted:

Summer beta is up. Blocking got nerfed really hard. Boxing gloves are good at least.

Is it blocking or parrying that got nerfed?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

alg posted:

drat the quad barrel doomstick is fun

Broomstick/doomstick is a blast (literally)

Can you use it like the double barrel to jump up to places you're not suppose to normally reach? Is the knock back twice the force of the double?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

aniviron posted:

A fun new bug I just ran into- wave 20 on endless, and the abomination spawns. gently caress, I hate fighting that one, it's the hardest. Okay, shot it a few times aaaannd... the cutscene for it spawning in plays again, and another one spawns in. As an added bonus, the first abomination was allowed to attack me the whole time the second cutscene was playing.

I only managed to kill this because I was playing as commando, and I could see a health bar above the correct one to shoot. Their health bars at the top of the screen overlap I quickly found out, and so I had no idea whether I was shooting the same one at any given time until I started ignoring the big bar at the top in favor of the little commando perk health bar.

Also gently caress the new EDARs. I have mostly been soloing the last week and legitimately it takes more bullets to kill one than a Skrake or FP. It's 16 bullets to kill a Skrake on solo suicidal with a SCAR, and over 20 to kill an EDAR- and that's assuming every shot hits. Unlike a Skrake though, which is huge and slow, EDARs are the most agile enemies in the game and are svelte. gently caress that noise. Their attacks are also just like a fun vacuum; none of them are enjoyable to fight in their current state.

For the EDARs are you aiming at their torso to shoot? Apparently that's the crit spot and not their heads. At least as far as I've been able to experiment. I'm also a bit disappointed with the quad shotgun. It sounds great but guzzles ammo so quickly and doesn't seem to be firing more pellets then the double barrel. For 1500 dosh I was hoping it would have over 100 ammo for itself.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
The HZ12 shotgun is amazing at level 3 upgrades and functions somewhere inbetween the AA12 and the M4 semi auto. The downside I find to the upgrades is that if you pot commit and drain your funds to one weapon you're leaving yourself short if you die and can't recover your dropped weapon. Also have more then 1 upgraded weapon is a bust if you die since only one of them drops.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Halloween concept art has me excited to see what they come up with for the other zeds. I'm loving the new Medic rifle. Bonus points if it gives me more medic nades on top of the ones I'm carrying but I think it'll just be using the throwable nades as ammo.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Pope Guilty posted:

I have zero sympathy for the people on Steam whining about the paid headshot graphics packs- I love that KF2 keeps getting continual updates and special events and TW's gotta pay for those somehow. Entirely optional DLC that doesn't affect gameplay sounds marvelous.

I paid real money for Mrs. Foster because 1) It's Mrs. Foster and 2) It keeps a Tripwire funded to make more fun weapons.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I kind of wish they left the old medic ability to give your team armor. It made me feel super useful and incentivise topping people off. It's super broken on normal but really nice on suicidal and higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Azran posted:

Is it just me or is Survivalist... bad? Haven't played in a while but honestly I find it kinda boring.

The last class perk was suppose to be a martial arts class but they either ran out of time or couldn't get it to work right so the survivalist was put in its place. Its the jack of all trades master of none class. Its somewhat tank and can heal with nades but not as good as the medic and its damage is okay but other classes do it better.