Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Best thing is, this time even us console peons get to Kill.. Some.. Floors. That sounded wittier in my head. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Part of it is console parity. I don't know if Titanfall had it but with Evolve the PC has to wait for a console patch even though there is literally no reason to and it's a factor in 2K killing it. The inverse of this is Payday 2 in which PC users got more content than they could ever want and the console versions were pretty much the same as launch for half a year or maybe a whole year or possibly to this day, I don't know.
Playstation 3 got a fair bit of support, as well as quickier patches. Pretty sure it only lagged behind the PC version a update or two at the most.

The 360 release was utter trash though. It was the still buggy as poo poo PC beta version got released, and didn't get patched to anything resembling fun to play until 2 whole months after. Thanks to Microsoft's patch policy at the time of loving studios in the rear end for hilarious sums of money before letting them submit anything even for certification, it meant they had to cram more stuff into fewer patches.

To be honest, it makes me really loving wary of buying the nextgen version, even though I love the hell out of the franchise.

Section Z posted:

As are customizable hit sounds.

The Sonic the hedgehog ring pickup noise is just perfect for that, satisfying for single and full auto :allears:
If they release a DLC on consoles to make headshots make a rubber-ducky squeaking sound, I will buy it in a heartbeat.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
In response to complaints, now showing a preview of upcoming pistol fix.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Marogareh posted:

I am liking the new and improved firebug. I've always liked the fire shotgun and I'm really happy that it actually does good damage now.
Ditto, I'm on console, and I know we're a patch or two behind, but the trenchgun almost feels like a downgrade compared to the CnB as it currently is, get swarmed, and you're getting mauled to poo poo. I will certainly look forward to it getting buffed when it comes to PS4. :supaburn:

Edit - Whoa, didn't even notice they released the patch for PS4 too. So used to it them usually being delayed between PC and consoles. :stare:

limited fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 19, 2017

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Alteisen posted:

The shield bash is honestly stronger than the mace hits, its quite absurd.

And same day patching is great, glad they're committed to the PS4 version as well, as it stands there's nothing really like KF2 on consoles so its on their end to gently caress it up.
Well, there's always Payday 2 :barf:

:siren: Do not buy Payday on console. :siren: Had no support for over a year, and the first thing they did was patch in paid DLC for the original version, and re-release the same game with DLC included under a different name to see if they could scam anyone else into buying it twice, or in the first place.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Handy hint for Supports too. You can use the medic shotgun and get all your buffs. Granted it's not as fun and meaty as the AA12, has a smaller magazine, but it reloads quicker, and the healing just might save someone during a boss wave.

And just for shits and giggles, the penetration perk works with the Firebug's trench gun if you want to set entire waves on fire. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Theta Zero posted:

I could see that. I've been running burny-Firebug instead of damage-y Firebug and I like the flamethrower just because you can be more liberal with it than the microwave gun. It winds up with me getting more assists than the highest-scoring player has kills and it's a blast as long as I don't care about killing large zeds quickly.
It doesn't hurt it's much more fun just to lay down a burning swathe of napalm while laughing like a maniac rather than pew-pewing with a laser.

Granted it's a disgusting waste of ammo, but so satisfying. :unsmigghh: