Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Thanks for the bug info, folks. We've got a couple of map updates queued up and we're planning to release them soon along with some other fixes that we didn't get a chance to test before Friday's hotfix. Once the usual explosion of hotfixes after a major content update are done we're planning on getting right back into our bi-weekly update cycle and address anything that can't be handled with the live balance system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Lemon-Lime posted:

Ammo rebalance patch is live: http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/939376256549566331

Some good changes, but then:

Double Barrel
Cost per mag increased to 20 (from 10)

That was actually an error in the patch notes. It's still 10 and Yoshiro has corrected the patch notes.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

ClonedPickle posted:

:unsmith:

:smithicide:

I don't see any mention of any other change to the fight. Does he still randomly decide to instantly remove players from the fight? Of course he does.

Yoshiro just got done posting his second post of patch notes (this is honest a huge patch from a balance perspective) and here's the Han's specific changes copied from the change list.

Hans
Hans has gotten a serious rework. you now can and want to destroy his shield before he grabs someone for a heal.)
reduced melee damage to 62 (was75)
Increased nerve gas damage to 8 (was7)
Increased guns damage to 10 (was8)
Hans melee targeting is now 5sec (was6)
INcreased chest and backpack weakzone by 25%
AOE attack 70 damage was 50
AOE fall off 1.0 was 0.25
Normal
Damage mod 0.5 (was 0.437500)
Hard
Damage mod 0.65 (was 0.7)
Suicidal
damage mod 0.8 (was 1.062)
Hell on Earth
Damage mod 1 (was 1.268750)

That's not including the general changes to the resist and incap systems but as you can see there's some major changes to his damage and his difficulty scaling, not to mention that whole thing where you can prevent and interrupt his healing. (I'm a fan of breaking his heal with a well timed RPG to the face). I think the fight is a lot more fun now but give it a try yourself.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

Psion posted:

What does Hans melee targeting mean, specifically? How long he takes to pick or how long he chases a target or ???

How long he pursues a target before re-calculating his target priority.

Propaganda Hour posted:

What's AOE falloff? Does that mean the radius is tighter or something?

How rapidly damage falls off from the center of the effect. Some weapons may have rapid fall off requiring precise aim for an instant kill and some weapons will have slower fall off making them ideal for dealing with big hordes.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Sorry to hear you guys don't like the revised resist system, but I'm going to go ahead and deny any requests for heads on sticks. I've been play testing A LOT over the last couple of weeks and had some of the most intense and fun experiences playing KF2 in those final playtests once the system really started to take shape and I'm not keen on firing anyone the company because they had fun during a play test.

Personally, I like the idea of there being some strategy to team composition, skill selection and weapon selection and we've gotten a lot of feedback over the last year that all the perks are too similar, the skill choices are always one-sided and that the tactics and combos aren't as complex as in KF1. The concept of certain perks being ideal to deal with certain threats and team work being the key to success sounds like classic co-op or team based shooter design I think it's a good goal. Medic+Berserker being the ultimate combo or a single perk with a certain loadout being being good at tackling every threat in the game isn't exactly thrilling game play and we're trying to improve that.

I think the system pairs really well with the new cumulative incap system and we'll just have to see what adjustments need to be made to keep the game fun and challenging as you go up through the difficulties. Save the serious resistances that require careful team coordination and perk selection to HoE and letting normal difficulty be an experience where 6 berserkers can run around playing whack-a-mole? Might be the solution. Add more weaknesses so each perk only has one nemesis ZED (like the Husk vs Firebug)? Maybe be that. We'll have to keep gathering feedback and see. If the community decides they want head popping simulator then I'm sure they'll make that desire known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Hint: that's what is happening right now.

Oh, poo poo. I guess I had better put on my boots, drive to work and start my 72 hour-learning-to-code-and-then-coding-game-changes marathon. Or instead we can let the changes soak for longer than 12 hours and see what shakes out.

Seriously, pal. I tell you that I'm sorry you don't like the changes, tell you what the intent behind the changes are and assure you that if the community doesn't like the changes we'll figure something out. You don't need to break off a bunch of attitude to me in order to make your point, I promise you. :suicide: