Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I can't recall seeing anything from them regarding the subject, but based on what they have released already as far as novels and the Clone Wars they aren't afraid to bring poo poo back if it doesn't conflict with the narrative.

I feel like if Mara Jade comes back, it won't be as Luke's wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

VirtualStranger posted:

Issue #2 of Kanan: The Last Padawan has been released.

Good soldiers follow orders.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I love the art in this issue. Lots of full pages and spreads. I have NO loving clue what's coming next in this story.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I really, really loved how they tied that scene together from 2 different points of view, with 2 different artist's interpretations.

Brilliant move releasing both on the same day.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Ensign_Ricky posted:

That and it was loving chilling.

edit: You could seriously feel the absolute rage radiating off Vader as he called Palpatine.

edit2: The Han's wife reveal was pretty awesome too.

I'm waiting for the ex-wife zing or some poo poo on the last one. I'm so glad I'm a hopeless fan for this stuff, because there have been some good moments in the series' so far, and some of the dialog just feels cinematic.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

There is so much I want to talk about that is sweet in these issues, but it would just end up as a wall of spoiler text.

Like how they dodged a bullet by having using the flash grenade, so 1) Luke never actually sees Boba Fett, and 2) we get a call back to the only real jedi training Luke got with the remotes and the blast sheild.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

In SW #6: We learn Han Solo has a wife/ex-wife who's not terribly happy with him
In both SW #6 and DV #6: Vader learns who destroyed the Death Star and is naturally very angry that the Emperor lied to him about Padme's death

understatement of the year.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

In the new comics he gets beat by a blind kid in a disheveled hut in the desert. I like the new canon.

Carteret fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Aug 4, 2015

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

cargohills posted:

I just don't like crossovers because I normally prefer buying one book. I don't really care about Vader's side of the story.

I'm sure they will make the entire Vader Down arc into one Trade Paperback. It's a 6 issue arc, which is the preferred length for TPBs it seems.

Edit: YUP

Wookieepedia posted:

Star Wars Volume 3: Vader Down is an upcoming trade paperback compilation of Marvel Comics' Star Wars: Vader Down crossover event between the ongoing series Star Wars and Star Wars: Darth Vader. It is slated for release on April 19, 2016.

Carteret fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 19, 2015

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The Star Wars Annual #1 dropped today. I enjoyed it, and now I have a new character I really dig and hope we get more development soon, and we don't have to wait until next year.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I do not want to turn this into a big spoilery discussion about The Force Awakens, but did anything at all from Shattered Empire appear in it? I didn't see a single hint of it unless Rey's parents are the pilots from it

The pilots are Poe's parents.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

soooo.

where's a good place to get started with the new comics, as a new reader?

The Trade Paperbacks have Issues 1-6 collected. It's as good a start as any, really. Star Wars and Vader are good. Shattered Empire is a short 4 episode run that has some TFA tidbits in it if you look hard enough.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Diamond hosed up and sent out a ton of marvel stuff before the on sale date. Got my Obi+Anni slash fic a week early! :getin:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

It's part 1 of 5. The art is good, and the setup is in between TPM and AotC. This one is just setup. I'm getting a weird Star Wars Steampunk vibe so far. Lots of airships!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Ep 2-3: Clones
Ep 4-6: Recruits
Ep 7: Kidnapped children.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Are we sure about that? Ep 7 makes a big deal about the fact that non-clones are something they're doing as a tentative alternative to clones- something that's started since the rise of the Order. I think the recruits thing was based in EU stuff that's not canon anymore.

Rebels, which is Canon, has several story lines and plot points based on this fact. Ezra infiltrates an Imperial academy, and (old) Clone Troopers comment on how the non-clone Stormtroopers are poo poo.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Vader Down wrapped up today.

I enjoyed it. Some good Wookie fightin'

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Bloodly posted:

If I wanted to hunt this down/order it/whatever, what would I look for? Just 'star wars annual'?

Yup!

http://marvel.com/comics/issue/58105/star_wars_annual_2015_1

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Can we see more detail shots? Inside cover, between issues, etc. What process did they use?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Star Wars Miniseries (2015-2016)

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The faces aren't even in the same style or texture as the rest of the art. It's awful and people have been complaining for years with no change.

Like, out of context, I couldn't even tell you who that is supposed to be. It looks fan made, and it's loving Star Wars.

The hell

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Was Mon Mothma the emperor all along?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

What the gently caress is going on with Luke's eyes

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I was about to say. I'm pretty sure he just put an old picture of Angel as the head of the officer. Which, like, neat. I get it. But gently caress man I'd much rather you just draw all the faces.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

jivjov posted:

2) Did anyone get Star Wars Adventures #10 this week? My local shop said it was delayed, but nothing I find online corroborates.

Mine ordered 10, 8 of us have pulls for it, and they received none. Weren't even invoiced, but Diamond shows it released? Dunno. Maybe we'll get it next week.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Top Gun posted:

Look my problem is a ton of great novels and comics were tossed in the garbage

Give me the names of the Disney Gestapo that came into your home and burned your EU books. YOU CAN STILL READ THEM

THEY ARE BOOKS

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Whats the problem with the writer? Google says people liked his Spider-Woman work.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I must be blind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Noto does amazing work. I have a few of his covers up in my house, they look so good.