Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Does anyone on here play hardcore mode? I'm AhChaChaCha on psn (ps the 4th edition) if anyone gets into that mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Play hardcore playlist so it doesn't feel like you're shooting a nerf gun. I've been having a blast leveling up my pistols the last couple days in hc domination.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mill Village posted:

Time to start learning how to use the Dart. :stare:

http://i.imgur.com/3E371ok.webm

I'm running it. It's a little weird to figure out the controls at first, and it has limited rounds, but you always get the kamikaze at the end.

Note that it totally sucks on majority indoor maps (clearly).

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

New Jacked. :whatup:

I'm enjoying hardcore with a team. It's sooo nice being able to shoot first, and kill first, too!

If you're on PSN add me. I'm only rolling hardcore these days. AhChaChaChaCha

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

So apparently you get kicked out when you team kill pubbies in HC KC after they consistently steal your kill tags as you're running toward them. Who knew?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

whoever can get to tags first should pick them up dont be a baby

I totally agree if it's a longer range kill. But if I'm clearly running right toward them, I think it's lovely to steal someone's tags from them. Meh. Moot point. I'll just start doing it to them now.

Edit: and to be clear, I'm talking they slide right in front of you to get the as you're sprinting toward them.

housefly fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 22, 2015

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Today's hc domination play included this gem: random pubby teammate standing next to my crate drop and shooting me in the head right before it falls so he could pilfer my loot.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Fibby Boy posted:

I noticed less pubs and far more people trying to prey on pubs.

Same here. I've been consistently thrown into matches with people that are on 3rd+ prestige. I haven't even prestiged once yet.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I'm one talon/cerberus and one of the sentry/guardians away from my last two (really three) camos on the black cell. The drat thing is only level 9. Does it go up to level 18 like the other guns or max out at 12 like the pistols?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

CaptainScraps posted:

I want to buy this for ps4. Is ps4 crew serious or can I be weird and get a second family to do slumber parties with?

I'm on ps4 and pretty casual. Add me because it's a loving game and I suck but I play it because it's fun and I don't gaf about things like kd ratios.

AhChaChaCha is my psn.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I will be going into first prestige soon. What's the consensus on the best first perm unlock? I'm thinking dead silence, but have a fondness for engineer as well.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Two smokes, man o war with thermal. Just toss them at the vortex and shoot mans through the smoke.

The man o war is a loving beast. I ran it so much that I prestiged it twice and unlocked all the camos in my first player prestige. I loved the m8a7 after I got the 54 or 55 and considered using my unlock on it. I stuck with dead silence though because there's nothing quite like sneaking up on someone who's carefully taking their shot to reap that sweet sweet headshot.

Stux posted:

am i the only one who uses reflex instead of elo

I'm running reflex until I unlock all the reticles for it. I think I just have the long shot one left. After that I'm switching to the scopes to unlock all of those reticles followed by thermal for all of those. Precious xp and all...

housefly fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Dec 28, 2015

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Fibby Boy posted:

Reflex has a gummy worms dot so that's what I'll be running for basically ever.

That's an anemone.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I am stuck at 9/10 on the infantry kills with the xm 53. I've point blank shot people just standing there in the face and killed them, but it refuses to give me the kill toward the camo unlock. :-(

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

victrix posted:

Have any prestige poo poo attached to it?

It's only at level 9 currently, so no. I've been trying to grind it all day since I prestiged my player this morning. It's moved VERY slowly up all along. Entirely possible that I'm not really hitting the other player, but there were two instances where they were standing still and I aimed at center mass and still nothing. It's the last camo to unlock to get diamonds on the launchers, so there's a good chunk of early game xp riding on one single kill. I'll probably jump two levels from that alone.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I'm just not feeling the Ripper like everyone else is. Was on B site on Breach, heard someone coming, got that ripper up, he runs in, I swing, and nothing. He jumps so I spin around and swing again. Nothing. At this point I just start spinning around in a tiny enclosed places flailing wildly, spamming melee until he shoots me. Sometimes I'll get like 3 or 4 people in a row, sometimes it just doesn't seem to detect them even when the weird little indicator is showing it should.

Also I can't get into the Sheiva or Gorgon. I think you guys are messing with me. I'm gonna stick to my flamethrower and fast shooting guns.

Edit: I also added scavenger to my ultra lovely man o war with thermal and smoke combo. I toss so much smoke I think people's computers are crashing.

How does scavenger work if the opponent isn't running it? Do you just pick up whatever they have as their secondary or do you accumulate more of your support grenades?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

It gives you back ammo for your weapons and a tactical/lethal grenade. So if you're running flashbangs, it'll give you back a flashbang for every bag you pick up. Doesn't matter what they're running.

Nice. Next question: does it have to be my kills specifically or can I loot all dead bodies (teammates included)? I'm guessing the latter.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

How do people already have every camo in the game unlocked for all the guns? That seems ridiculous to me. It took me two weapon prestiges to finish off the man o war, and it's easily my favorite gun. I'm only like 1/2 way on two of the other assault rifles.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

theyre also much better than you, obviously

Clearly. I'm not very good at this game, but I'm having fun.

Also, I've been having an absolute blast running smokes with thermals on assault rifles. Pubbies have no clue what the hell is going on.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

nmfree posted:

Yes. Took me a while to figure this out.

Also, if someone is muted on the final scoreboard that you don't remember muting, chances are they already quit out of the game.

Muting everyone not in your party is the optimal setting for this game.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Scavenger + smokes + thermal basically amounted to all the special task reticle unlocks in just a couple GameStop afternoon. And a lot of pissed off pubbies. Scavenger might have to be my third perm unlock.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I'll be on later tonight if anyone wants to roll pubs. Psn: AhChaChaChaCha.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

It would be easier to ignore it, if the netcode was at least consistent in its being laggy or good (cause then you just go, "welp, whaddya gonna do"), but p2p being what it is, well... netcode that can vary like a manic depressive drives me up the wall.

It's not like they have dedicated servers for this, so you're also at the mercy of whomever gets host.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

That's what I said; p2p = peer-to-peer.

I missed that in your post. Apologies

rabidsquid posted:

I thought they had some dedicated servers this time?

PC theoretically does, but there are claims its hybrid model used in other cod games.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

nmfree posted:

I still can't figure out why everyone hates the ICR, it's the best AR for me after the KN-44. v:shobon:v It's certainly better than the burst rifles, that's for drat sure. gently caress THOSE THINGS

Compared to the man-o-war and the k8a7, I think both of them feel off. It's likely personal play style, but I just don't feel great with them and I'm typically an AR guy in this game. I've unlocked all the camos for the kn-44 and the majority for the icr. I will be glad to be rid of the icr after the last couple are complete.

Try rolling the burst shot ars with a scope instead. I find it helps with them.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

maybe move to a place with a good connection idiots

Mine stays at a constant 50-60ms most of the time, but there are random spikes up to 400ms. I've also noticed more disconnects lately. Also there are times where it just shits the bed and I have to restart the game completely. Pretty sure it's not my connection since I stay connected to psn.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

The_Fuzzinator posted:

if i could find some way to stop half my shots from being a blank it would be great. Had a near Macys level meltdown today because while i was firing shots into people and just no hit markers because im not aiming 5 miles ahead of where they are moving.

I was having that same problem when I was in the games with you today. Sometimes when I have this I check my ping and invariably it has spiked to 400ms. Huzzah for net code.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Question: is the season pass going to be worth it for this game or should I just go map pack by map pack? This is the first time I've considered getting one since this whole concept came about.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

checkstock posted:

The problem with long shots in this game is that they're only possible in one or two spots in most maps and are flat out impossible on some maps.

It's pretty much bullshit.

Just whore around in Fringe for a few games until you net them. They're pretty easy to get on that map, especially in hardcore, and it is pretty common in the rotation of maps.

Edit: and you don't need to be in the barn loft or in granny's house. Plenty of spots on that map and people act like fools on it regularly.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

Hipfire. Rack up a statistically unrealistic number of headshot kills.

I finally figured this out earlier tonight. I was loving around in hardcore and just decided to just run the vesper and only hip fire while running around the maps like a madman and heads were popping left and right. It was rather ridiculous.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I just joined a hardcore domination match that was 7 vs 4. Uhhhh...

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

All those raps on combine made my internet poo poo the bed

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Xenaero posted:

Some trick to getting kn44 longshots?

I farm them on fringe and inception. Just get up in the church/barn/grannies house/etc and patiently wait. Do it on hardcore so it's a one hit kill. You can knock 10 out in a round as long as the other team is dumb.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Smelly posted:

I enjoy playing against goons simply for the rage that ensues when I'm using a gimmick class.

I joined in a game in progress and was put on the opposing team the other night since it was in-flight already. I thought it was fun merely for the fact that I could talk poo poo if/when I got a kill on one of them.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

BobbyBaudoin posted:

redwood pisses me off.

Fixed. Probably my most hated map, in close competition with Havoc.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

The_Fuzzinator posted:

what goons are on now? Im hopping on and looking to shoot mans

I'll be on in about a 1/2 hour.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

rabidsquid posted:

I just tuned in and i'm working so its in another window but i hear a goon who isn't too happy

That was probably me (AhChaChaChaCha). My ping kept tanking on the last few runs on combine. Huzzah for random 400ms spikes!

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Learn the maps and get a feel for the spawns. Play with goons and don't use SMGs.

This (except the SMG part, they're awesome). Also tweak your class to compliment the weapon you're using and learn the bet play style of that weapon. I started with the assault rifles and have started working my way into the SMGs and LMGs recently and they play VERY differently.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

PS4 crew - are you buying the first DLC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

teknetik posted:

If you're asking how to stay alive longer and to anticipate enemies better, nothing else matters other than this. DS + Awareness is broken as gently caress and if you have the "upper tier" headphones (Sennheiser/Astro's) you can basically hear your opponents thoughts.

I've never used awareness. Does it really make their footsteps that much louder?

• Locked thread