Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Well after a month of loving around my mower finally runs, just in time for all the grass to die.

I thought I had cleaned all of the poo poo out of the bolt that goes into the float bowl (which constitutes a part of the jetting system) between spraying it and soaking it. Nope, turns out I missed ONE loving spot. It had so much corrosion on it that I couldn't even tell it was a hole. Cleaned that off and the fucker started right goddamn up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Geirskogul posted:

Quoting this so I can remember who to ship to in awhile. I'll probably be back in August or so, and I can pick up a few of them. Everything is Hawaii prices down here due to everybody getting regular biweekly large deployment paychecks, though, so they're like $10 apiece. Not shortwave, though. 102.1 and 103.1 FM down here, and the very expensive antennas are specifically aimed so we don't leak over the fenceline into cuba.

I'll gladly fork some cash over for one of those as well. That's loving tits.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

88h88 posted:

Fun thing about cooking is poo poo like spices are abundant and can make anything taste like anything else...

And keto works but you basically lose any muscle you have along with fat so by the end of it all you're pathetically weak and your breath smells like poo poo because keto.

You were correct.

Last time I ate that clean, I was also working out super hard. I had squat/bench/deadlift up over 350, but I only lost five pounds. However I lost about 7" off my gut, so it was still worth it.

Then I hosed up my knee and became a functional alcoholic so heyyy

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BoostCreep posted:

This being AI, there probably aren't many NASCAR fans here, but I'm doing research for a project and I'm trying to find a Nascar expert. Anyone here a fan or know someone who is?

VikingSkull or leica would be your best bets.

Both horribly biased, but at least they speak recognizable English. Although leica IS from Florida.

:v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

NitroSpazzz posted:

Worth it if you're improving. I've always detested physical therapy. Sure it works most of the time and they know wtf they're doing but you will hate them 99% of the time.

Broke my arm when I was 9. Physical therapist caught me by surprise and tried to YANK my arm straight against a table. I punched her in the mouth while, according to my mom, "speaking in tongues or some poo poo"

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Peroxide is how my buddy got MRSA and almost lost a leg and his balls :v: The wound was fine up until he poured it on there, and docs said it would have healed if he had never used it. Instead, it killed the good bacteria and that poo poo went crazy.

2" long scratch on his shin, to a skin graft that goes from his taint to his ankle.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

What the hell did he do, pour it on three times a day? You only need to use that poo poo once.

Nope. Once. It happened while we were in port, and our first day underway he poured it on there. Three hours later couldn't use his leg, and it went from there.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Astonishing Wang posted:

It's rainy today in San Diego, and people don't know how to deal with it. I saw somebody skid across the street right into a fire hydrant. Don't they know we're in a drought!??

Watched a guy in an E36 ping pong across all four lanes twice after hitting poo poo, then finally slide to a stop on the shoulder.

Also saw numerous cars in ditches near on/off ramps.

Oh socal.

Edit: also grabbing lunch right now then going to see Mad Max at 1355. Can't loving wait.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Confirming that Mad Max is loving ridiculous.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

For me lately it's been cheap motorcycles, but I want a supermoto so bad and the one I really want costs more than my Miata is worth :(

The motorcycle I really want costs as much as a 996, so I know your pain.

Then again I commute on a 13yr old bike with 47k on it and I ride about 1k/month, so I guess I COULD justify it...

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

I could afford a cheap bike, but cheap bikes aren't really cheap in the long run, so I might as well just save up for a motard.

Don't you ride a ZRX? Only other bike I'd consider if I could find one is a 550 Zephyr so I could turn it into a mini ZRX. For some reason though they seem non existent, very few of them out there for sale and none around me. I love the ZRX but it's just too big for what I need.

Yeah, and it's fuckin awesome. It was a cheap bike, at 3k, so I can't complain.

But what I really want is the new 1290 Super Adventure. 21 grand though.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Holy poo poo, makes the bike I want (WR250X) seem cheap as hell haha.

Like I said, it's more than a lot of cars. But, I commute five days a week roughly 90 miles round trip, ride for fun on the weekend, and average well over 12k/yr.

If you can't tell, I am trying to justify it so hard. Hopefully next spring when the wife is out of school and working, I can make it work.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
No one.

Maybe clutchpuck.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ssjonizuka posted:

Also, someday I'll go see movies in the theater again. Someday. :sigh:

Sup Paul.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

InitialDave posted:

It's worth the money, and finding a cinema that has a policy like no under-18s to late showings helps. One of the reasons I go to the "nice" screen near me is that, well, the extra cost keeps out the riff-raff.

Where I live the extra cost just means rich entitled douchebags.

Poors I don't mind (as I, yanno, am one), but you can only take so many soccer moms on ipads in a movie.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cat Terrist posted:

HAHAHA what the actual gently caress is that guy huffing

Why did I read the comments

Why

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The Interceptor had two.

The rig did too. And engines.

God I want to see it again.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
So, thanks to wearing boots 24/7 for years on end, I have an issue with ingrown nails. I am also a master at ignoring them. I cut my nails regularly but if I can't get the ingrown part out, I just try to ignore it.

Finally one got to where I couldn't stand it, so my wife agreed to cut it out. Eventually she goes "so, how long has this been hurting?" "Uhhh, like two weeks...maybe three. Why?" "Oh, no reason. It's just super infected and oozing puss you dumb gently caress."

Stupid ingrown nails :( I never had them until the past two years, and it seems now like there's no way to get rid of them.

/oldgbs

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Mat_Drinks posted:

Soak the affected foot in warm water with plenty of epsom salt nightly. That'll help with the swelling and pain and assuming it's not toe is falling off bad will help your body heal the infection.

It's an in office procedure to get it fixed and it's pretty unpleasant. Or go at yourself with needle nose pliers :)

And are you maybe cutting your nails TOO aggressively? You shouldn't be on the sides, that's part of what can cause them (OR SO SAYS THE ARNP THAT BUTCHERED ME, THE MONSTER)

Yeah, my wife is in cosmetology school so she'll actually get credit for dealing with it. Counts as a pedicure for her :v:

And I'm in the military, so unless my toe is actively falling off they give no fucks. I probably am cutting them too short, I generally cut all around and make sure there's no white and there's toe sticking out well past the nail. Same with fingers.

So I imagine it's some combination of cutting too much, and being in boots + socks for 10+ hours almost every day for the past seven years.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ilkhan posted:

When I was a teen I had several of those, both sides of each big toe, one of them at least twice.
When I had a doc fix them, the anesthetic is the worst part. Get them taken care of, you'll thank yourself later. And you'll get some nifty pain meds and antibiotics if its infected.

I'd have to pay out of pocket. Our docs won't touch them until they're far gone enough to need surgery, up until that point they just hand you Motrin.

But thanks guys. Guess I'll just keep em longer and hope they stop happening.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Anyone here ever eaten sugar free gummy bears?

If not, I highly recommend them!

(Oh god please loving kill me now)

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The Amazon reviews for those are tremendous. I've been tempted to buy a bag for people I hate.

I think I'm going to put the remainder in my office on Tuesday.

The reviews don't lie, at all. I only ate maybe three handfuls last night at around 6, and from 9 to 2 this morning I was shutting my brains out. If you read Pratchett novels, my stomach was making the exact sounds he describes a swamp dragon making.

I'm 6 pounds light this morning.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Do it. It's instant revenge, or prank. It only takes a handful or so to have the effect, and adding food or booze with it just makes it worse.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Coredump posted:

Anywhere I can pick up those sugar free gummies locally?

Any big box store should have them. Or anywhere that carries diabetic foods.

I got them at the grocery store on a whim, in bulk. Thankfully I only bought like a pound.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

I'm practically clear.

I imagine you as a larger, less funny Jim Gaffigan. With jorts.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
So my wife went vegetarian, and I'm decidedly not, as I barely eat vegetables.

Tonight I decided to try and make her dinner. I saw a recipe for "quinoa buffalo sliders" and figured why not.

Jesus gently caress balls that poo poo was actually god drat delicious. And now she's gonna go see mad max with me.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Preoptopus posted:

You guys keep saying Mad Max Mad Max but its getting its rear end kicked by Pitch Perfect 2 right now.

your all making me super excited to go see it next week

And Justin Beiber outsells deserving artists.

I saw it, and between how much I loved it and dinner, my wife finally agreed to go see it Sunday. It's an amazing goddamn film.

WITNESS ME

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

jamal posted:

There's a big difference between not saying anything and being a dick. And guess what nm does for a living.

I was pulled over and politely refused to let them search my car. Officer got pretty accusatory but couldn't do much other than let me go. Reason for stopping me was "dim license plate bulb."

The one time I did that I ended up on the side of the road for four hours, and it ended with a drug dog in my truck.

They found nothing, as I had nothing.

gently caress cops, get a god drat lawyer.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Quite A Tool posted:

I haven't seen it yet but man theaters are just way too loving loud. I already have hearing damage and I wear earplugs to every movie because goddamn.

This movie needs to hit 150db. Period.

Like, pre nanny state air show loud.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

T1g4h posted:

So the action movie equivalent of a Sunn O))) concert? Because i'd be okay with this.

Exactly.

Except instead of robes and smoke, it'd be a jester suit and flames.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Just watched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Such a good loving movie, and the perfect pre bedtime entertainment.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
My favorite moment may still be when I was 19, riding around with a friend of mine who was mid 20s and black.

He lived in a lovely part of town, and whatta you know we get pulled over. "suspicion of a stolen vehicle" was the excuse, as he had out of state plates.

They immediately split us, and first thing the cop did was try to get friendly (as his partner glared at me, hand on weapon, holster unclipped) and start trying to get me to say he had drugs or weapons. " Now, we know YOU don't. But he does. He has to. Look where y'all are driving."

Neither of us had anything, took about an hour, and afterward all they were asking him was what drugs he was buying/carrying/selling. And why else he'd ever be hanging out with a white kid.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Bajaha posted:

In for WARBOY / WITNESS ME gang tag

E: just drove home after a nice dinner with the missus and was following a brand new corvette with US plates (Arizona maybe?) And he was doing burnouts coming off every red light, it was glorious.

That tag has to happen.

And it must be all shiny and chrome.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

It's SILVER and SUPER GAY.

Gotta go about an hour west for it, it's owned by a friend's dad who got clearance to drive a car again so he's parting with the scooter.

Let me guess, Indiana is one of those states that doesn't require a license for under 50cc?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Rhyno posted:

You guessed right!

So if you can't stop getting DUIs you can still be mobile on a scooter. But this year they now require you to hold insurance which is loving those people over in hilarious ways as if you get DUIs most insurance carriers will revoke your coverage. There's now a LOT of scooters on the market for pretty cheap.

He's got it listed on Craigslist with "no title" but his son found it in his stuff so I should be good to go. Getting a nice "friend of the family" discount.

Yeah, that's what I figured.

Please at least get a good helmet and some basic riding gear. I bust your balls but I'd rather you not end up covered in skin grafts and/or dead. Because then it's much harder to give you poo poo.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I can give you the advice now:

Take the MSF course.
Buy a good helmet.
Buy gear. Textile/mesh is fine. Given your usage, I wouldn't go overboard, but at least the cheap poo poo from cyclegear as it will still protect far better than jeans/shirt.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Haha I was thinking literal side shows like the bearded child and poo poo like that.

Somebody will get fed up and drive right the gently caress through that poo poo eventually.

Isn't Gibsonton (i think that's the town) basically just a freakshow/circus town?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Somewhere in Sarasota is the barnum and bailey headquarters iirc.

Just asked my wife, she confirmed that Gibsonton is a carnie town full of freaks and weirdos.

More than the rest of FL, even.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Well at least we don't have morons blocking traffic and doing donuts.

Where is that happening again? Oh yeah, Cali.

Funny part is, we left Mad Max a few minutes ago and two seperate intersections had donut marks in them.

We live in the suburbs so who the gently caress knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Arriviste posted:

Close. More of a "junior" catte. Will still be full of piss and vinegar until he's about three years old. Kittenish in energy much of the time and generally a knucklehead about some things, but better at getting/taking his way without the advanced cuteness weaponry of kittens. He's becoming a teenager, basically.

Or you have my cat, Bowie, who is a shrimp. He barely weighs 6lbs at almost a year old. He's just...tiny. So he gets the kitten cuteness still.

Our other cat is basically twice his size, and he terrorizes the gently caress out of him with no fucks given to his size disadvantage. He's also not scared of the dogs, and doesn't even react if our 80lb coonhound stomps at him.

Also, he will only wear a pink collar. Four blue collars, one silver, one black. All destroyed. Pink sparkly collar? No issues. His name is apt.

• Locked thread