Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
The Fury Road thread over in the movie forum had a post suggesting that there's no bullshit invisible walls on the border of the game world, just huge storms.

Huge storms full of precious high tier salvage.

Face the storm, get loot. :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Blind Sally posted:

Someone come up with a sweet new title and i'll PM a mod

Chaps & Guzzoline

Both are essential imho, just work them in there somewhere :v:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I mean it's basically gonna be Just Cause 2 in the wasteland with sicker cars instead of a sick grappling hook.

Furiosa's arm had a grapple, albeit short range, so here's hoping.

Or at least she appeared to shoot a hook out of her sweet rear end arm, anyway. I want to believe.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Yeah there's that and it's cool of course, but I want a more portable option. So I can hook and reel somebody into a baseball bat or socket wrench or whatever I happen to be holding in my other hand. :v:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Blind Sally posted:

Whoa--maybe they'll include it as a bonus mode? I hope someone mods it in on PC at the very least. Is that possible?

An ENB profile could do that fairly easily. Just a matter of one being made for the game.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
They did a good job on Shadow of Mordor, but that may have been due to Monolith. Really hope WB learns from their Arkham Knight fiasco :ohdear:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Chug that guzzoween

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
The bluray comes out on the 1st as well, so maybe that'll help get the game some attention. Be a shame if it flops. I don't really think it will, but releasing alongside The Phantom Pain isn't going to do it many favors.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Yeah, that's another thing. For all the comparisons to Shadow of Mordor this is getting, the whole thing that game had with the devs showing off quite a lot of it for weeks on end before release is nowhere to be seen :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Kibayasu posted:

Nothing about the requirements strike me as particularly strange.

6GB of RAM for minimum seems a little odd to me. :shobon:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

drunkill posted:

Heads up, game is 30AUD (or 22.70USD) at ozgameshop, much better than greenmangaming deal, although I don't know if it comes with the preorder car, I presume it does.

Steam key version, decent retailer:
http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/mad-max-pc-cd-key-download-for-steam

I bought it this evening after looking at gmg and amazon (not up for sale yet there)

How's this work, region wise? Be a bummer to get a region locked Steam key :(

Also, anyone know what DRM this is using? I went looking around and could only find an article from some Avalanche devs talking about invasive DRM is more trouble than it's worth.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Crabtree posted:

I'm sorry, but I was just too good at Mordor to feel the the Nemesis system was worth it. For me I just kept killing the same 3-5 orcs who would keep coming back no matter how many times I kill them and usually without any difficulty in doing so, even before I unlocked branding. The only time I actually saw how it could change was when I forced myself to die just to get Rise and Fall.

Maybe if the combat was different or they beefed it up, the system could be good.

It didn't help that if you chose to take the health and slow mo wraith more meter upgrades, you became pretty dang powerful while the orcs didn't scale with you. Mooks being weak was fine, but captains and chiefs should've grown with you :shobon: The last time I played I ignored both and things felt much nicer, even got to see some new orc variations.

HenryEx posted:

So how would that work,

would you decapitate the enemy horses or the enemy riders?

or brand the horses to make them decapitate the riders when they least expect it

Brand the horse, then make it kick the rider when they go to mount it. Or bite. Or both. Horses can be terrifying.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Something I hadn't seen yet:

Hadn't heard of intel folks before, neat. Was always fun running down intel orcs in Shadow of Mordor :toot:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Anti-Hero posted:

And now the dilemma that I always face with multi-plat games, PC or PS4? After the Arkham Knight port debacle I'm leaning towards PS4 if I don't want to agonize over the decision.

Part of Arkham Knight's problem was using Denuvo DRM. Avalanche has a good record of being vocal against lovely DRM, so maybe it won't be another case of that bogging things down.

However, WB is the publisher on both games, so there's that to consider as well :ohdear:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
gently caress me that sounds awesome

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I wonder if the counter timing window is really narrow or if the guy playing is just awful at punching folks :cripes:

Edit:

The QA guy that took over halfway through was perfect in every way holy poo poo this game looks brutal :black101:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Aug 14, 2015

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

pretty cool new "choose your own thing" trailer from IGN. One of the choices involves heading into the Fury Road "edge of forever" storm wherein it's total chaos, which looks loving sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ma648hH0po

In the storm footage, I saw this:

I was wondering if that upgrade text for Max's shotgun about barrels was suggesting you could throw on more than two. :getin:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

thebardyspoon posted:

I suspect the minimum and recommended specs are ludicrously overstated, kinda feel like that's happened with a bunch of games recently. Also Batman, which obviously completely shat the bed for a significant amount of people who should have met the requirements.

Batman suffered from Denuvo DRM and the outsourcing of the PC port. Avalanche has stated they're developing the PC port in house as the primary platform, and are outspoken about being against lovely intrusive DRM. This gives me some hope :unsmith:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Anti-Hero posted:

Is the PC version technically a "port" if it was the lead platform? That's funny how in the age of console market-share it's the common nomenclature.

Hmm, I suppose not. PC version is more apt :)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Live stream:

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/now-playing-mad-max/2300-6426597/

Much prettier than the Twitch one :swoon:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

KDdidit posted:

What happens after 26:30 is pretty entertaining.

loving wasted :supaburn:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Apparently Twitch did another stream, this time with IGN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9axj3WCdgw

Same mission from the video linked earlier today, but in high res and so much prettier

If the time stamp fucks up, jump to 3m 20s

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
There's also this one posted earlier, courtesy of drunkill I think:

http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/mad-max-pc-cd-key-download-for-steam

That's $22 USD. I'd be all over it but I still want to see what DRM this is going to use :ohdear:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Tensokuu posted:

I can't help but feel like we were told this before about a game (Dragon Age Inquisition?) and it turned out the console launch was fine but the PC port was bug-city.

Inquisition also used Denuvo DRM, so that sure as hell didn't help.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I just found out about this today and now I'm excited. Is there an ETA for the PC port or is it more of a "Whenever it's finished" sort of thing?

Sept 1

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

ShootaBoy posted:

#steamgoons brings you a little over an hour of gameplay.

One of these streams finally downs a convoy and they don't collect the ornament? :mediocre:

Mokinokaro posted:

The only game Denuvo caused issues in was Lords of the Fallen and that was 50% the games lovely coding

Arkham Knight's suffering is often stated to be from a combination of terrible port job and Denuvo, too.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Yeah there's an option where you can repair your car instantly (not sure if fully repair or not) for the cost of scrap. Which from what I've seen will be useful in chasing down convoys :v:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
So shiny, very chrome.

Also that video had a top difficulty level camp and holy poo poo there were a lot of enemies inside :stare:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

If I could enjoy Beyond Thunderdome, I can enjoy this game.

So far I haven't seen any kids in this so maybe it'll be as entertaining as the first half or so of Thunderdome.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Found some PC footage of (today's?) twitch stream, featuring the Ripper car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIUQSeeIWX0

Holy hell that blue exhaust :swoon:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Leather Bear posted:

Couple dudes on NeoGAF have the game. They've been posting gifs.

Uh...it looks really good.

First I've seen Max kill a car on foot, holy poo poo yes. Also the night gifs look so drat pretty!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
These youtube videos are nice in that not only do they have stuff I've not seen, but they're nice and clear and don't have anyone talking over them.

Also holy poo poo even Chumbucket's buggy looks loving rad

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Oh nice, was wondering if this would have a preload. Anyone gotten their keys from GMG yet?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

revmoo posted:

Is it possible to get this in the US today on Steam somehow?

Maybe, using a New Zealand VPN? The MGS5 thread was talking about unlocking their game a day early with that recently.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
The oodles of cheap Steam codes probably helped. :v:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Crappy Jack posted:

I'd pay a disgusting amount of money for a Furiosa skin.

With new game+

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Justin Credible posted:

Unpacking now, didn't need to have the Store location set as UK.

You using a VPN or are you in the proper time zone? I'm EST and dang I just wanna rip around the desert :f5:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Is it kosher to ask someone to walk me through using a VPN? Never done it before and I'm an impatient dork.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Orv posted:

Turn off Steam. Then go here, download the topmost zip. Unpack that, install the client, start the program. If it asks you to create a network adapter let it do so, if not there'll be an option to do so. Once it's created, open the VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers option, accept the two windows and select one of the Germany servers. If one won't connect use the other. Once connected, restart Steam, go to Mad Max and decrypt it. From there until the game launches wherever you are you'll need to be connected to the VPN in order to see Play instead of Preload, but you can play to your hearts content.

Unlocking now, enjoy your free ticket to Valhalla :toot:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Auto detection put my graphics options to high and all the bells and whistles, and it runs loving buttery smooth on an i5 2500k and 2GB 760 GTX

holy poo poo this game is gorgeous

edit:

oh gently caress it's got a camera screenshot mode like Shadow of Mordor with filters and stuff that can also take video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I got my car body and holy gently caress vehicle combat is already The Tightest poo poo and I've got gently caress all for upgrades :perfect:

Although I am not wild about some of the controls using a 360 pad. B is shotgun for some reason. Incidentally I wasted my only shot. :downsgun:

• Locked thread