Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

This is good but it's missing something.

Here are a couple of my favourites. I also take too many screenshots.

Look at the rest i've uploaded here, if you want.

I am totally in love with this game. So glad I took the punt on it, it's been really awesome. So many small touches and references which really seal it. And then re-watching Fury Road afterward, you can see just how much stuff was pretty much lifted from that, to brilliant effect. I'm glad the studio used the "world" but went their own way with a story and such, I think it's a much better game than a straight up tie-in would have been.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Sep 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Geokinesis posted:

Uh so I've already got the full body boarding spikes unlocked, but not the front and back set?

Why would I ever care about unlocking less useful spikes?

I had the same thing. You get the full ones from a mission or something and the previous ones are tied to threat levels somewhere I think.

The less useful spikes are used on some of the Archangels so if you want to do those races you'll need to unlock them. Don't worry, by the time you're worrying about completionism, if at all, you'll be swimming in scrap.

Also, the full ones do not always stop boarders anyway.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

The whole second half of the story arc was totally amazing, a really good proper Max story.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Bigger engine only improves acceleration (and decreases handling) anyway, top speed is affected by Exhaust. Having said that it is glorious to have the biggest V8 with no heavy armour options on there (essentially the Speed Freak archangel, but I prefer more lift on my springs) so you can zoom around the place like crazy. It's incredible how much bettter the cars handle with less weight.

Angry Diplomat posted:

Buy and install all the other Jack bits, then go to Gutgash's place IIRC.

Once you install all the other parts it gives you a marker for going to gutgash.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Panfilo posted:

Nothing more fun than ramming a car head-on so hard it explodes and flips it's burning wreck behind you :black101:

OK that was a thunderpoon but still :v:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Yeah that one is kinda BS.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

KlavoHunter posted:

Cool as Pink Eye's wheelchair is, I'm just not feeling it. Maybe it's because I have had to speak to her only one time? She'd be cooler if she got more lines, like Gutgash and the discussion you have with him about his inspiring religious lies about the sea coming back in and drowning the world.

Pinkeye has like 3 wasteland missions for you with a discussion before each one though?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Paingod556 posted:

I prefer 'The Dread Wastelander Mad Max' theory, the name is passed down to whoever rides shotgun when the current Max decides to retire.

This theory makes me want to believe the sequel to this will actually be called "Crazed Chumbucket". Praise be!

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Dammit I've been away for a week and I'm really jonesing for some hot black on black action. Gotta get back to the wasteland and clean that map!

Then decide if I wanna get that last cheer. Those challenges are gonna be a pain unless I start another save. Which I'm totally considering. :black101:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

winterwerefox posted:

CDkeys.com was seling thme for about 15$. Ive been playing, as well as my friend who i hooked up with the same. Use the paypal option, the credit option might trigger a security alert.

I got mine from there as a pre-purchase. Went smoothly, and got my key a couple days before anyone else.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Kin posted:

Is there something late game that's a reward for collecting all scrap in all locations?

I think my game is gonna be bugged now because i got hit by an enemy while looting scrap and now the box is unlootable but the counter for that area hasn't included it in the total.

There's an achievement and an ingame legend challenge tied to it, that's it. Actually 2 achiievements because the "All challenges" one will include that challenge.

Gnome de plume posted:

How a lot of upgrades are gated really is a problem. I got the best tyres in the game while having yet to meet the requirements for unlocking the second-best tyres.

Those tyres are not the best, because they really suck off tarmac. And since probably 80% of the game is dirt roads, I stick with the second-highest ones, which give so much better grip off road, and don't really perform that badly on the blacktop.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Furthermore, the game is really good at not screwing you out of any side missions. No matter what happens you will be able to do the stuff you missed later.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

As far as I could tell, no way to see that.

Completed any death runs nearby? The fuel cans you get there are usually over half full. Store one in your opus. You only need to fill a balloon to like 40% to get it high enough to scan the area.

I always kept a fuel can in the Opus for those moments when I needed something like that and couldn't see one easily in the area. I think they all do have a can lying around somewhere but some of them are quite well tucked away.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

ElZilcho posted:

So I didn't do Hope's wasteland missions. Now she is dead, what did I miss out on on not doing those missions? I'm assuming I can't get those back.

AirRaid posted:

Furthermore, the game is really good at not screwing you out of any side missions. No matter what happens you will be able to do the stuff you missed later.

You can totally get those back.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

RoboJoe posted:

This game is absurdly fun, I haven't enjoyed a game quite so much in a long time. I finished the main story yesterday and I've got a few wasteland missions plus territories to reduce threat in left to do now.

I have a handful of screenshots I've taken so here's a few favourites, I do quite like explosions!

:torgue:

Even the endgame stuff after you clear the main story is still fun. Rolling round in a souped up Opus just wrecking everyone's poo poo.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Yep, the challenges cheev is the only one I can't be bothered to get. If I'd thought about it before I'd cleaned the map I might be inclined but there's loads of combat ones which are just gonna be tedious now so eh.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Crappy Jack posted:

You also get the best armor and shotgun upon completing the story, so it ends up working out a little better to do that and then go back to clean up on whatever collectibles you want to do, at least personally.

I actually disagree that the classic shotgun you get is better than the 4 Barrel one you can craft. The damage difference is negligible and having 4 shots before reloading is way more useful.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

This game had like 3 or 4 post release patches, I'd hardly call that disowned before release.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Pound_Coin posted:

Yeah, with the framerate issues I could see how you could think you were playing JC3 :v:

For real though I went back to GTA:O and kept trying to grapple buildings.

Exactly this. I wanted a better sniper vantage and was confused when I couldn't grapple up onto some rocks.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

A lot of them are context based, you'll get a prompt when you can do something fancy.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Dick Trauma posted:

Every time I manage to harpoon a person I spend the next few minutes trying to get the perfect screenshot with them whipping through the air.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Still worth picking up though, game is good. Wait for 50% or so if you want, but it's worth a play.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

mark-p87 posted:

Whenever I play games like this I always feel the need to mop up all the side stuff before I finish the story. Thing is, I have no idea how far I am with the story on this. I've literally just got to Gastown.

Probably actually like 2/3 done with the story then, roughly. There's some V8-getting shenanigans then some poo poo goes down and it starts to wrap up. The latter part of the story is where it really gets good, though. Defnitely play it through in a reasonably direct fashion. Don't stop for too much side poo poo after you get the V8.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Just got this on PC.

Is the X360 controller good enough for everything or is it worth switching back to the keyboard for the shooting parts?

I used KB/M for everything and it was also fine. Pretty much whatever you're comfortable with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

There's a handful of encounters that pop up after the end but I'm not sure if there's a reliable way of making them spawn.

• Locked thread