Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Il Federale posted:

voting 1 just because of this post

fcuk you buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

nutranurse posted:

guys gimme 3 words

all lives matter

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

pitchfork is still gone huh

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

man, denmark's radical left party's de facto leader is amazing at debates

she just destroys everyone who comes up against her, it's incredible

Radical Left. Members of the ALDE.

What the hell denmark

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Exclamation Marx posted:

venstre (lit: "left"), the liberal conservative party

now they are just trying to trick me

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

it's "left" as in "liberal", trying to affiliate themselves with the left-factions of the french revolution rather than the current revolutionary factions

I can understand the reasoning behind the naming but still, I am irked

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

*shakes fist at foreigners*

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

hahaha, a prominent irish journalist launched a new organization to campaign for a No vote in the upcoming same sex marriage referendum and forgot to register a domain name. Now the yes campaign have bought the .com domain and redirected to their site.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Lotka Volterra posted:

how do conservative parties always manage to be so tech incompetent?

They called their organization First Families First which seriously reads like a typo someone made when registering their group

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

mooyashi posted:

i like how comic book movies no matter what source they borrow from are locked into their dumbass character names

but we make jokes about it IT'S NOT LIKE WE DON'T HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOUR HAHAHA quick put a quip in HAHAHA

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

The quip level in Avengers 2 was reaching dangerous levels

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

CoolCab posted:

can't wait for comic book movies to crash, poo poo is loving stupid at the moment

smart money's on superman versus batman

expectations for ant man are mixed so it'll be interesting to see how well it does $$$ wise

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

The fact studios are allowed to add money taken from Thursday preview sales to opening day returns is p. stupid in my opinion as they usually fold in joint-ticket sales from triple bill showings to inflate figures.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

nutranurse posted:

i just want 1, ONE good superhero movie w/ any kind of minority in the lead

thats where im at these days

Black Panther coming soon

Not saying it will be good though

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

CoolCab posted:

it's amazing there have been like four ridiculous budgeted superhero movies about a green person before there's been one with a black one

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Lotka Volterra posted:

next marvel movie should be about Moon Knight imo

:agreed:

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Exclamation Marx posted:

i hope the new movie is good. and i like that sue is the adopted one.

it's got a real good cast and I am hoping it will be good also

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

But I have been let down by superhero movies a lot

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

UKMT thread is going to turn real nasty post election, mark my words

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

isn't the UKMT already pretty nasty

nastier

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

CoolCab posted:

labour will form an incredibly weak minority government with snp "support", will last less then two years, crushing tory victory after a vote of confidence.

calling it

yeah, i'd be very surprised if the next government goes the full 5 years

either a confidence vote or voluntary dissolution for new elections as soon as labour sniffs gains

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I hope Cameron tries to stay in as a minority with the largest seat share and is forced out by a confidence motion tacked onto his Queen's speech.

On the tears would be glorious

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Jagchosis posted:

how do minority governments work in the UK? do they have to be coalition governments or is it like canada where the minority with the plurality gets the government til no confidence

No written constitution baby. Generally the party with the largest seat share gets first crack at forming a government if they fail to do so they step aside as a matter of form but some PMs have stuck it out a forced an official no confidence.

Salisbury and 1892 may be the closest parallel when the Tories won the largest seat share without an outright majority but where forced out when the Liberals teamed up with the IPP, the Irish nationalist party, and sunk his government by amending his queens speech with a no confidence motion

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

anime is like one of the main features of this thread

lies

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Anime is weakness

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

what is bernie sanders policy wrt anime and it's future position in regards to corporeality

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Effectronica posted:

Hey, foreign policy types. You're locked in a room with an unreconstructed Wilsonian and the Kennan-iest realist that ever lived. You have a gun with one bullet left.

Whaddaya do?

>check inventory

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

you have:
no tea

oh poo poo

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I knew a Maori guy through rugby who used to get massively pissed over the misuse of the Haka and frequently exchanged harsh words with people when they asked him to do it as a party piece.

Cool guy, he worked with at risk kids in NZ

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

PupsOfWar posted:

what's this cartoon supposed to express re: somali famine

it's bad

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

death to history snipes

death to history itself

time is a closed loop

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Wrestling fans are at about the same level as anime fans on the nerd hierarchy these days

I am willing to put them below anime fans

and my dislike of anime is a matter of record

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

CoolCab posted:

I think describing Randler as an antisemite is a little reductionist; Randler just hates all non-Catholics and most Catholics for not being Catholic enough, including the Pope, although the staunch Teutonic nature of Randler means she can't express this dangerously anti-authoritarian perspective.

and slavs

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

i have a water heater in each room of my apartment for quick access when necessary

I call these kettles

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

everyone knows shakespeare is just an alias adopted by marlowe after the illumanti tried to have him killed

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

what are Ireland's natural resources

turf

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

peat is turf you foreign devil

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

like why did the english keep trying to take it over. what benefit is there to owning ireland.

to be fair they didn't have to try that many times

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

mooyashi posted:

also you're thinking of scotland

turf is serious business in the west buddy.

The bloody EU tried to stop us from ripping our bogs apart and we told them to gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

serious answer: cattle and wool

• Locked thread